Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891771 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
whytegirl:
Hello all, I need expert advice.

I just noticed this very recently. Sometimes when I step on the accelerator I feel resistance from the pedal, the car keeps moving but at it's own pace.
It's like the pedal is stuck and I can't get it down even with a little applied force. It happens for 10mins or less and then it frees up. I haven't noted any cause, it happens very randomly.

Please any ideas in case it's a warning sign of some more serious problem or should I ignore it?

This one requires MFM grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
md4real:
Hello guys

I must commend your efforts on this thread. its been very informative. please I drive A discussion continue 2007. I observe that whenever
I park the night car for over four hours, the sound and acceleration becomes higher and takes like 2 minutes until it subsidizes. please I need your expert/experience opinion on what is wrong and ways to help find a solution

secondly, my AC seems to confused, the driver's part always get hotter or should I say gets finished before the one that comes out of the passenger seat. I had it checked but yet, I was told that it does not leak. although when ever I top up the gas, it normalises. is this normal?

Thanks

Part 1 there might be nothing wrong with your car. Normally from cold start the engine will run at about 1.5k rpm until when ir warms up a bit (say 2mins) then rpm will come down to 650-700 rpm.

Part2. You have a leak in your system. (Gas can be in a car for 10years without re charging) that's why when you charge the system it solves the problem momentarily.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
luvinhubby:

Something like this?

Yes sir.
Dats exactly it. Honda Accord 2001.
How much does that cost?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

This onie requires MFM grin

Lol
Gazz you dey worry o.
Guess I'll just ignore it for now tongue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by faceyemi: 12:49am On Sep 04, 2015
Dear All,

I use a Honda Accord v6 2006 with 3.0 engine. Whenever I start the car recently, the engine tunes high than normal, VSA light pops, and when I put it on reverse it jerks making a loud noise from the front tyres, it then rolls but the engine doesn't respond to acceleration. Same when in Drive.

In the same vein, if I allow the car to steam for more than 5 minutes and I switch off the engine and restart it it normalizes. VSA light disappears and the car moves properly. After a long night pack in the morning it begins same symptoms.

What could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by faceyemi: 1:32am On Sep 04, 2015
@md4real

Regards your ac, kindly note that there are two control systems for ac... the driver side and passenger side. The hot side is probably set around 70 to 80 ac temperature. Try decreasing it to 60 and below and observe again, as the earlier said it has non leakages.

Note that the higher yiu set he temperature in ac it gets hotter and the lower it gets cooler.

Try this.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by faceyemi: 1:42am On Sep 04, 2015
@whytegirl

What's your car model, get your car diagnosed. Does the VSA light pops up?

It may be TACS meaning Throttle Acuator Control Systems.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2015
faceyemi:
Dear All,

I use a Honda Accord v6 2006 with 3.0 engine. Whenever I start the car recently, the engine tunes high than normal, VSA light pops, and when I put it on reverse it jerks making a loud noise from the front tyres, it then rolls but the engine doesn't respond to acceleration. Same when in Drive.

In the same vein, if I allow the car to steam for more than 5 minutes and I switch off the engine and restart it it normalizes. VSA light disappears and the car moves properly. After a long night pack in the morning it begins same symptoms.

What could be the problem?

You will need a scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
faceyemi:
@whytegirl

What's your car model, get your car diagnosed. Does the VSA light pops up?

It may be TACS meaning Throttle Acuator Control Systems.

No VSA light. I'll repeat a scan and see. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bowakoko: 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello GAZZUZZ

I drive a Honda Accord 2004 model (4 cylinders). The problem is that whenever I accelerate, the car starts jerking and sometimes when in traffic hold up the car engine stops and I will need to restart again. This happens at will, no specific time or condition. Below is what my mechanic and car electrician have done so far:

1. Got the car scanned; two sensors (P0344 & P0339 - Crankshaft Positioning and Camshaft Position Sensors) were changed. The error codes were erased. But the problem still continued.
2. Cleaned the injector / nozzles and the throttle body. But the problem still continued.
3. Checked the plugs and the cables. No issues. But the problem still continued.
4. Changed the fuel pump complete with the filter (fuel pump assembly). But the problem still continued.
Now the car still jerks and stops with the check engine light coming up intermittently. When scaaned, no error code was picked up.

Please any advice on what to do next?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Empedocles(m): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
Honda is for starters.....Apart from Cross Tour, I dont see any Honda worth driving...
I dnt like it 1 bit,d annoying part is its stupid breakdowns it can embarass u̶̲̥̅̊ anywhere for dose who don't know honda its dat car u̶̲̥̅̊ wld c @ d middle of d street with d two tyres facing different directions
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
bowakoko:
Hello GAZZUZZ

I drive a Honda Accord 2004 model (4 cylinders). The problem is that whenever I accelerate, the car starts jerking and sometimes when in traffic hold up the car engine stops and I will need to restart again. This happens at will, no specific time or condition. Below is what my mechanic and car electrician have done so far:

1. Got the car scanned; two sensors (P0344 & P0339 - Crankshaft Positioning and Camshaft Position Sensors) were changed. The error codes were erased. But the problem still continued.
2. Cleaned the injector / nozzles and the throttle body. But the problem still continued.
3. Checked the plugs and the cables. No issues. But the problem still continued.
4. Changed the fuel pump complete with the filter (fuel pump assembly). But the problem still continued.
Now the car still jerks and stops with the check engine light coming up intermittently. When scaaned, no error code was picked up.

Please any advice on what to do next?

Blind diagnosis?

This will require physical inspection, but my money is on fuel pressure related issuses.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bright2(m): 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
inze:

. . . a brother to 'KPOM' sound.

you go kill person for this our workshop ooo grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bright2(m): 9:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You have a misfire on 1 or more cylinders.

Go for a scan.

If you want to work blind, replace all spark plugs for a start.

thank you very much for your assistance,i replaced all the spark plugs & the car now represent the pilot it was named after. I now enjoy that car like never before.

I no more experience high fuel consumption, my engine no more vibrate, accelaration now increased & my AC now chill more than before.

Thank u once again.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by battyman(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hi friends.
I have a 2000 accord. recently I changed a leaky steering hose that used to smear the whole place with the fluid. A day after I notice a bigger leak from the steering rack itself. Some people has advised me to change it while some said it could be fixed. I need expert opinion on this issue being a tough decision now the fix is N6000 against N23,000 for changing it.
So the question is, "is it adviseable to repair a leaking 2000 accord steering rack instead of changing it completely?"
God bless us all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
battyman:
Hi friends.
I have a 2000 accord. recently I changed a leaky steering hose that used to smear the whole place with the fluid. A day after I notice a bigger leak from the steering rack itself. Some people has advised me to change it while some said it could be fixed. I need expert opinion on this issue being a tough decision now the fix is N6000 against N23,000 for changing it.
So the question is, "is it adviseable to repair a leaking 2000 accord steering rack instead of changing it completely?"
God bless us all.

I have the same car and i would advise you simply change the steering rack. If it is repaired it may not last.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
lanre2009:

I have the same car and i would advise you simply change the steering rack. If it is repaired it may will not last.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davo3286: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Just last week I did the following works on my 2010 Honda Accord 3.5L V6 Auto.

1. Brake pad replacement - front and rear;
2. Brake fluid flush and replacement;
3. Radiator coolant flush and replacement;
4. Sway bar bushing replacement - front and rear;
5. Sway bar linkages, a.k.a stabilizer linkages, replacement - front and rear

All fluids were genuine honda fluids and mechanical parts procured from @Luvinhubby.

The brakes are now sharp and very responsive since I replaced the brake fluid. The heater temperature has increased to normal since I replaced the radiator coolant. The car is more stable and the shocks firmer since I replaced the sway bar bushing and stabilizer linkages.

You will be shocked - at least I was - to see how dirty your brake fluid is when you do a total flush. The colour was a little blackish with some debris in it. Some of us drive our cars for years without flushing and replacing the brake, radiator, a.c, and transmission fluids as recommended which is bad. One major cause of brake failure is bad/contaminated brake fluid (one that has lost its characteristics due to long usage or contamination). If you have not replaced your brake fluid in the last 2-3yrs please try and do so. And please make sure air is not introduced into the system. To achieve this, make sure you introduce new fluid as you flush or bleed out the old one simultaneously...keep introducing new one as you flush out the old one and then stop flushing or bleeding as soon as you see new, fresh fluid coming out.

Thanks to @Luvinhubby for quick delivery of items and please keep it up. You are, indeed, a very trustworthy and reliable fellow with high integrity. I give you 5 stars for reliability, trustworthiness and fast delivery of genuine parts and fluids!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by battyman(m): 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
lanre2009:

I have the same car and i would advise you simply change the steering rack. If it is repaired it may not last.

Thanks bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jamace(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Good job by everyone here. Thank you all, particularly the solution providers. cool
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ogbajie(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hello guys..am having an issue with my 2006 honda civic. When I accelerate on a ceertain speed especially while movin up hill, it starts jerking and green D light begins to blink on d dash board. Once it starts blinking, the car stalls and the rpm would not go beyund 4. Pls any help on what could be the issue? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2015
battyman:
Hi friends.
God bless us all.

Buy good steering rack and hose, don't repair it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 7:42am On Sep 12, 2015
Ogbajie:
Hello guys..am having an issue with my 2006 honda civic. When I accelerate on a ceertain speed especially while movin up hill, it starts jerking and green D light begins to blink on d dash board. Once it starts blinking, the car stalls and the rpm would not go beyund 4. Pls any help on what could be the issue? Thanks
Scan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Emmane: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2015
PLEASE HOUSE, The ABS Light on the Honda Accord 2007 comes up each time the Engine starts and running. I know it means that the Anti-Lock Breaking System is Inactive,probably due to a mechanical or electrical fault. Please advise me on what to do and how to go about it. I reside in Lagos. Any one with a contact of a person who can help fix it will be appreciated. Thanks once again.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by krystaball: 11:21am On Sep 12, 2015
Emmane:
PLEASE HOUSE, The ABS Light on the Honda Accord 2007 comes up each time the Engine starts and running. I know it means that the Anti-Lock Breaking System is Inactive,probably due to a mechanical or electrical fault. Please advise me on what to do and how to go about it. I reside in Lagos. Any one with a contact of a person who can help fix it will be appreciated. Thanks once again.

Call 07011822425
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Emmane:

wink
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by poshest(f): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
pls help am always having issues with my honda accord 03 the engine is v6. i discovered the fan belt is always disengaging and its always bending the valves. ve changed d fan belt and valves like four times in 2 months. pls i dont know d reason for this. the car dey show me shege. what could be d cause, what do i need to do.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
@luvinhubby and the rest gurus.... Please I need an urgent answer.....I have been going tru dis thread.....for a while but....I saw posts of persons with my kinda of problem.....answers wia given....buh known came to testify if the suggestions solved d problem.....my case is this.....I just bought an EOD 2004 version......2wks old now....did servicing(changed oil filter and oil) I used Mobil though........ After a week....just noticed my engine oil has reduced drastically ( the engine oil shortage on d instrument panel not ON though)....plus my fuel economy has reduced ( guzzles fuel now)....pls am still paying for this vehicle...... What is the remedy for this? At what cost Will I get this fixed? Answers from guys DAT had dis issues will be Rilly Rilly be appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
diggy4real:
@luvinhubby and the rest gurus.... Please I need an urgent answer.....I have been going tru dis thread.....for a while but....I saw posts of persons with my kinda of problem.....answers wia given....buh known came to testify if the suggestions solved d problem.....my case is this.....I just bought an EOD 2004 version......2wks old now....did servicing(changed oil filter and oil) I used Mobil though........ After a week....just noticed my engine oil has reduced drastically ( the engine oil shortage on d instrument panel not ON though)....plus my fuel economy has reduced ( guzzles fuel now)....pls am still paying for this vehicle...... What is the remedy for this? At what cost Will I get this fixed? Answers from guys DAT had dis issues will be Rilly Rilly be appreciated.

Return the car back and get your cash back.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
kingreign:

Return the car back and get your cash back.

Mmmmh.....almost paid fully...just a token fee remaining....... Can't it be fixed....is it an engine problem? Is the engine bad....if fixable....lemme knw d amount . . so he ( the seller) can deduct it from d balance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
diggy4real:

Mmmmh.....almost paid fully...just a token fee remaining....... Can't it be fixed....is it an engine problem? Is the engine bad....if fixable....lemme knw d amount . . so he ( the seller) can deduct it from d balance.
Does the engine smoke?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
diggy4real:
You did not specify if it is a 4cylinder or V6 engine and if the car us emitting thick smoke?.
But all the same:
-Are you sure the oil properly gauged with a gallon of oil?
-The engine oil seal or camshaft oil seal is properly weak & leaking and needs replacement.
- Oil rings are probably worn out (engine will most like be smoking cool).
-Catalyst filament most likely damaged & may need to be replaced alongside the Oxygen sensors (will need a scan for that).

Advice : Do not sell the car, attend to it's needs properly and enjoy your ride.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.