Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894222 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
ukata16:
The pics. By the way I found out I bought a 'rust bucket' grin
It's a Honda Accord 98 i4.
@luvinhubby thatss the car I serviced with Fatai last April
That is your ac pipe i believe ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
luvinhubby:

That is your ac pipe i believe ?
My boss I ont really know but what I caan say is that it looks like the oil is coming from that pipe so I can't say if it's ac pipe or whether the oil is from the steering or ac!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sleekier(m): 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
bowakoko:
Hello GAZZUZZ

I drive a Honda Accord 2004 model (4 cylinders). The problem is that whenever I accelerate, the car starts jerking and sometimes when in traffic hold up the car engine stops and I will need to restart again. This happens at will, no specific time or condition. Below is what my mechanic and car electrician have done so far:

1. Got the car scanned; two sensors (P0344 & P0339 - Crankshaft Positioning and Camshaft Position Sensors) were changed. The error codes were erased. But the problem still continued.
2. Cleaned the injector / nozzles and the throttle body. But the problem still continued.
3. Checked the plugs and the cables. No issues. But the problem still continued.
4. Changed the fuel pump complete with the filter (fuel pump assembly). But the problem still continued.
Now the car still jerks and stops with the check engine light coming up intermittently. When scaaned, no error code was picked up.

Please any advice on what to do next?

Exactly what happened to my car for 3 good months. My guy, it was a hell. When ur car is embarrassing u but no recommended mechanics or scanner cud even pinpoint what was going on.

Even one of my mechanic came here to ask, all d suggestions did not work. To meet a bump or pothole or small hold up on the road was a nightmare. The Rev wud go down to 200 and d car wud vibrate violently. It wud not move more than 5-10 km/her no matter how much u press d throttle and eventually d car will stop in middle of d road.

We changed crankshaft sensor, tdc sensor as pointed out by d scanner no avail... Changed to oem plugs, fuel filter, clean throttle body etc all to no avail. Injector, nozzle everythn... We changed almost every part under dat bonnet. It was even getting worse. Men, I spent money. I started avoiding carrying ppl in d car as I was tired of embarrassment in d middle of d road. I once cried cos I was fed up.

I jst came back home frm anoda embarrassing driving frm work when I decided to open d bonnet as usual... God so good, one hose was looking at me. Being a medical practitioner and no knowledge of engineering but my instinct was telling me that altho d hose I was looking at was tight enough but it needed a clip like odas. I took a #80 bike, to fro, bought a #20 clip. Came back home and fix it my self. Tightened it with my car key. Alas dat was d end of d nightmare. A new tokunbo car for dat matter.

Little did I know dat what I was spending thousands of naira on was because of a negligence of my mech early dis yr when I changed my oil, Akin decided to impress me by advising me to clean my air filter. Altho, nothing had ever wronged with my baby but I agreed with him to clean it. He forgot to re-fix d clip dat tighten the hose that connected d air filter to d main engine.
No one ever knew as I drove d car for abt 2months b4 it started.

I guess d hose was getting loose and d engine was sucking more air than required thru d loose hose as a result of d internally built up vacuum pressure. It now seemed as if fuel pump was not pumping enough fuel thru d nozzle or injector. The Air-fuel ratio is not balance. As d signs and symptoms will be pointing towards fuel pump system. No matter how many times u clean or change d fuel system, it won't work unless u locate d leak.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by diggy4real: 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
diggy4real:

There won't be any trouble........ Just will appreciate if the price of the engine can be determined.

No one knwz the price of an EOD 2005 engine?....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Oseremhen: 2:16am On Sep 14, 2015
I just replaced my engine oil with mobil xhp 20w 50 which I'm beginning to feel was a big mistake after reading this thread. My question is can I use mobil 1 5w 30 instead of 5w20 manufacturers recommendation as mobil 1 5w20 is not sold around here (trust me I've searched) I drive a 2008 honda accord. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:57am On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=diggy4real post=37982492]

No one knwz the price of an EOD 2006 engine
quote]

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davo3286: 9:46am On Sep 14, 2015
Oseremhen:
I just replaced my engine oil with mobil xhp 20w 50 which I'm beginning to feel was a big mistake after reading this thread. My question is can I use mobil 1 5w 30 instead of 5w20 manufacturers recommendation as mobil 1 5w20 is not sold around here (trust me I've searched) I drive a 2008 honda accord. Thanks

Your accord drives better using OEM engine oil...use it! Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2015
@luvinhubby @ gazzuz.
Still waiting on inputs on my case
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
ukata16:
@luvinhubby @ gazzuz.
Still waiting on inputs on my case
That shud be your ac pipe.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by faceyemi: 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
@ogbajie

That's a sign of bad or close to condemned gear box. It happened same ways with my 2007 V6 3.0 engine n stopped twice like so on the road until the gear box finally gave up. My vehicle was towed and gear box changed.

It may have resulted from wrong gear oil refill. And this damages the gear box.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamphill: 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
Please what does this light mean? It's being on for over a week now it wouldn't go off. I drive a Honda EOD V6

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
iamphill:
Please what does this light mean? It's being on for over a week now it wouldn't go off. I drive a Honda EOD V6
My car shows this light if I pull the parking brakes. it goes off when I release it. You may want to check your brakes. I'm no guru o! just identified the light. btw my.car is a Mercedes c240.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamphill: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
18wheeler:

My car shows this light if I pull the parking brakes. it goes off when I release it. You may want to check your brakes. I'm no guru o! just identified the light. btw my.car is a Mercedes c240.

Thanks but it's permanently on even when am driving and have released the hand brakes....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
iamphill:
Check ur hand brakes, either the switch is bad or requires maintainance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamphill: 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
rainmaker12:

Check ur hand brakes, either the switch is bad or requires maintainance.

And the TCS and ABS lights are permanently on. What does that mean?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
iamphill:

And the TCS and ABS lights are permanently on. What does that mean?

You need a scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seunoj: 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
The gurus, I need ur help here. My passenger air bag indicator after working on my a/c compressor. Kindly advice on how to reset it. Car is Honda accord 2005 model 4plugs.

Thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ogbajie(m): 4:01am On Sep 17, 2015
faceyemi:
@ogbajie

That's a sign of bad or close to condemned gear box. It happened same ways with my 2007 V6 3.0 engine n stopped twice like so on the road until the gear box finally gave up. My vehicle was towed and gear box changed.

It may have resulted from wrong gear oil refill. And this damages the gear box.
@ faceyemi thanks..I ve done a scan on it..I will post the results later today for you to see..you are right, the problem might have resulted from wrong oil top up by a mechanic. I think its the presure control valve switch A that is bad according to the scan which I will replace..the gear still shifts well except that 1 to 2 shifts forcefully..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamphill: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You need a scan.

Am based in Ilorin. Does anybody know where I can do a scan and also where I can get a reliable and good Honda workshop here in Ilorin.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dandollar1: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
Good day, good people. I refuelled my car, a 2007 Honda accord last week. The malfunction indicator came on about two days later,and a scan brought a code, P2138, showing there was a problem with the TPS. The car stalls and also jerks when shifting from gear 1 to 2 while in motion, and when the gear stick is shifted to R or from R while stationary.

Now, two of my office vehicles, both of them, Toyota had issues after buying fuel from the same source earlier that week, so that the fuel pump of one of them had to be changed.

Each time I reset the engine with the scanner, the light comes up in 5mins or less.

Could it be possible that it is the bad fuel that could be affecting the engine while the system is throwing a code p2138 that has to do with the TPS?

Please, I await your responses and suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jukeblam(m): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
My auto-transmission 2001 CR-V stalled today while driving (the second time in 4weeks); the first time was at a right turn, just as I slowed down to make the turn, engine went off. Today, however, I was driving straight and speed was about 5-20 km/h when it happened- I was just taking off from a stop. Both times the engine started back immediately and I completed my trip with no other stall.

Any ideas what could be the cause of the stalling?

Extra info:
Scanning still revealed no new codes besides the known codes I have, which are P0131 (the downstream O2 sensor is missing) and P0141 (this came up after I replaced the transmission a few months back)

Prior to this though, the car would randomly stall only while driving in reverse- that stopped after I had the injectors serviced/cleaned.
However, the problem is now reversed plus I get very high cold idle speed (about 1800rpm) with terrible mileage and oftentimes, there seems to be a drag changing from 1st gear to 2nd.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
dandollar1:
Good day, good people. I refuelled my car, a 2007 Honda accord last week. The malfunction indicator came on about two days later,and a scan brought a code, P2138, showing there was a problem with the TPS. The car stalls and also jerks when shifting from gear 1 to 2 while in motion, and when the gear stick is shifted to R or from R while stationary.

Now, two of my office vehicles, both of them, Toyota had issues after buying fuel from the same source earlier that week, so that the fuel pump of one of them had to be changed.

Each time I reset the engine with the scanner, the light comes up in 5mins or less.

Could it be possible that it is the bad fuel that could be affecting the engine while the system is throwing a code p2138 that has to do with the TPS?

While bad fuel may not be ruled out, but the fault you highlighted is consistent with TPS.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tope24(m): 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
iamphill:

check your brake fluid level. It is low. Top it up and it will disappear.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
dandollar1:

Check your thread.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
seunoj:
The gurus, I need ur help here. My passenger air bag indicator after working on my a/c compressor. Kindly advice on how to reset it. Car is Honda accord 2005 model 4plugs.

Thanks in advance

One of the impact sensors, on the front right side has caused a code, check harness and actual sensor, when done use a scanner to reset.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
jukeblam:
My auto-transmission 2001 CR-V stalled today while driving (the second time in 4weeks); the first time was at a right turn, just as I slowed down to make the turn, engine went off. Today, however, I was driving straight and speed was about 5-20 km/h when it happened- I was just taking off from a stop. Both times the engine started back immediately and I completed my trip with no other stall.

Any ideas what could be the cause of the stalling?

Extra info:
Scanning still revealed no new codes besides the known codes I have, which are P0131 (the downstream O2 sensor is missing) and P0141 (this came up after I replaced the transmission a few months back)

Prior to this though, the car would randomly stall only while driving in reverse- that stopped after I had the injectors serviced/cleaned.
However, the problem is now reversed plus I get very high cold idle speed (about 1800rpm) with terrible mileage and oftentimes, there seems to be a drag changing from 1st gear to 2nd.

The codes only refer to oxygen sensor b1S2, install it and the codes will go.

The sudden stall could be casued by a lot of factors.

Fuel pressure related: that could explain the drag from 1st to 2nd gear.

Sudden power loss to distributor.

The high cold rpm is bad for the engine, a stiff or bad IACV is responsible clean or replace.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seunoj: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

One of the impact sensors, on the front right side has caused a code, check harness and actual sensor, when done use a scanner to reset.

Thanks for your prompt response. Could u pls help with the pics of the location of the sensor.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TheRealGEJ: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2015
please house. I need your help here. I changed my wife's car engine. Though I wasn't around when the engine was changed. And when I came back I noticed they use mobile oil instead of the 5w20 or 5w30. OEM. I asked and was told they couldn't find it here. Though I planned changing oil when it clock 2000miles or 2500miles. Will that be too late or will there be any problem when I revert to the OEM specification.

cc: luvinhubby, gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50am On Sep 18, 2015
TheRealGEJ:
please house. I need your help here. I changed my wife's car engine. Though I wasn't around when the engine was changed. And when I came back I noticed they use mobile oil instead of the 5w20 or 5w30. OEM. I asked and was told they couldn't find it here. Though I planned changing oil when it clock 2000miles or 2500miles. Will that be too late or will there be any problem when I revert to the OEM specification.

cc: luvinhubby, gazzuzz

What vehicle is this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TheRealGEJ: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What vehicle is this?

Honda Accord 2004 model V6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:53am On Sep 18, 2015
seunoj:

Thanks for your prompt response. Could u pls help with the pics of the location of the sensor.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3EKJ1TA23BunN_UkQEgZEENnb6yLQAiFoYXxCJNcZ-uniWpW2[/img]

Harness has a yellow socket.

Every airbag related wiring comes in yellow.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2015
TheRealGEJ:

Honda Accord 2004 model V6

Drive to any mobil petrol station and buy 5W30.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.