Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892720 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TheRealGEJ: 8:09am On Sep 18, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Drive to any mobil petrol station and buy 5W30.

Not here in Yenagoa. Though I'm planing to order online. Or ask someone in Lagos to get and send it down to me. Presently its on 400miles, I will just park it until I change to the OEM specifications. Thanks for your prompt reply and advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iboboyswag(m): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2015
Good Morning Gentlemen and Mechanics, please i would appreciate information on the cost of a complete Honda Accord 2008 V6 engine Or contact of a reputable mechanic Here in Lagos who can efficiently refurbish the present one.

The present engine performs and responds just fine but burns oil and smokes especially when in heavy traffic.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 7:03am On Sep 19, 2015
iboboyswag:
Good Morning Gentlemen and Mechanics, please i would appreciate information on the cost of a complete Honda Accord 2008 V6 engine Or contact of a reputable mechanic Here in Lagos who can efficiently refurbish the present one.

The present engine performs and responds just fine but burns oil and smokes especially when in heavy traffic.
Gazzuzz 08023251039

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2015
TheRealGEJ:
please house. I need your help here. I changed my wife's car engine. Though I wasn't around when the engine was changed. And when I came back I noticed they use mobile oil instead of the 5w20 or 5w30. OEM. I asked and was told they couldn't find it here. Though I planned changing oil when it clock 2000miles or 2500miles. Will that be too late or will there be any problem when I revert to the OEM specification.

cc: luvinhubby, gazzuzz
Honda Genuine 5W-30 available.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2015
iboboyswag:

Call 08023251039
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Call 08023251039
Bros i dey hail oo, i dey wait my Sallah gift of one ram from your side. grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
luvinhubby:

Bros i dey hail oo, i dey wait my Sallah gift of one ram from your side. grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by IdaraCHODB(m): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
TheRealGEJ:

Not here in Yenagoa. Though I'm planing to order online. Or ask someone in Lagos to get and send it down to me. Presently its on 400miles, I will just park it until I change to the OEM specifications. Thanks for your prompt reply and advice.

Even in Abuja of the three stations I checked, two in the middle of town do not sell, only one off-center sells.

So its not universal, infact station attendants in the other two do not even know such a thing exists!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wetin, E dey too much? cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hey guys, I have a slight problem that has held me hostage. I've been having starting problem of recent. Sometimes, when I try to start my car, it goes off. I'll have to tighten the battery head for it to start. Tried that this time around and car won't start. Tried with a different battery, no kicking whatsoever. All light comes on, fan comes on, dashboard light comes on but not starting. How do 2007 accord.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
Flyingman:
Hey guys, I have a slight problem that has held me hostage. I've been having starting problem of recent. Sometimes, when I try to start my car, it goes off. I'll have to tighten the battery head for it to start. Tried that this time around and car won't start. Tried with a different battery, no kicking whatsoever. All light comes on, fan comes on, dashboard light comes on but not starting. How do 2007 accord.
Kick starter (Ignition kick).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
luvinhubby:

Kick starter (Ignition kick).

Thank you for the quick response. I figured out the negative battery connector was corroded. The was white substance on the battery head which I believe it's caused by sulfation. Had to scrape and clean the metal connector and car is fine. I hope this help others experience same b4 spending money on a new Kickstarter.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 12:04am On Sep 20, 2015
Flyingman:

. . . not so cool for your fan to come ON immediately, your thermostat must have been bypassed. Though not related to the status quo but you might want to get that corrected.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chamber2(m): 6:22am On Sep 20, 2015
good morning house,

pls i need help with this codes and possible solution. its a honda accord 2008. the car moves really fine but the sound is too high and crappy.

P300
P0354
P0356
P0302
P0304
P0305
P0306
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 7:02am On Sep 20, 2015
chamber2:
good morning house,

pls i need help with this codes and possible solution. its a honda accord 2008. the car moves really fine but the sound is too high and crappy.

P300
P0354
P0356
P0302
P0304
P0305
P0306

Those are multiple cylinder misfiring and ignition coil Malfunction codes.
If you're in Lagos, contact Gazzuzz 08023251039
If you're in Abuja, contact Mike 07034581213
They'll be of immense assistance.

You didn't mention if its a V6 but from the info, I know its a V6.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chamber2(m): 9:06am On Sep 20, 2015
kingreign:

Those are multiple cylinder misfiring and ignition coil Malfunction codes.
If you're in Lagos, contact Gazzuzz 08023251039
If you're in Abuja, contact Mike 07034581213
They'll be of immense assistance.

You didn't mention if its a V6 but from the info, I know its a V6.

sure...its a V6. Unfortunately i dont live in lagos or abj. whats ur recommendation to get it fixed?

i have ordered for the engine coil. what else do i do to get the car in perfect condition?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2015
chamber2:

sure...its a V6. Unfortunately i dont live in lagos or abj. whats ur recommendation to get it fixed?

i have ordered for the engine coil. what else do i do to get the car in perfect condition?
Where is your location?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chamber2(m): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
kingreign:

Where is your location?

i'm in the east, owerri precisely
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
chamber2:

Whatsapp this number, he'll link you up to someone good.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
chamber2:

Contact Engineer Kelechi he's good at his works.
He's close to Owerri.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stpat1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
I just got a Clean Nigerian used 2004 Model Honda Civic. Pls guys, I will like you to recommend the best oil to service it. Also the check engine light is on but the owner says its been like light since he got it as Tokunbo and has been driving it that way.

I actually drove it over a 5 hour journey but I am still very concerned.

Pls what do I do?

cc:Sienna
cc:Gazzuzz
cc:Ikenna
cc:kingreign
cc:Chamber2
etc
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
stpat1:
I just got a Clean Nigerian used 2004 Model Honda Civic. Pls guys, I will like you to recommend the best oil to service it. Also the check engine light is on but the owner says its been like light since he got it as Tokunbo and has been driving it that way.

Pls what do I do?

etc

Recommended engine oil should be 5w-20, you can contact luvinhubby for that. And as regards the 'check engine', you should get the car scanned and post the fault code displayed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stpat1(m): 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
inze:

Recommended engine oil should be 5w-20, you can contact luvinhubby for that. And as regards the 'check engine', you should get the car scanned and post the fault code displayed.

Thanks inze. I am thinking of buying the scanner.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
stpat1:

Pls what do I do?

etc

I have my reservations on 5W20 please use 5W30 please.

Buy your scanner, scan vehicle and post codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chamber2(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
kingreign:

Contact Engineer Kelechi he's good at his works.
He's close to Owerri.

Thanks bro, KC appears not to be dispposed this week

@house

i still need clear suggestions/guidance as to likely things to be fixed to get the car in perfect condition before heading to the mechanic. Someone recommended a mechanic for me but i need an idea of what needs to be done.

Here are the codes again for the HONDA 2008 V6

P300
P0354
P0356
P0302
P0304
P0305
P0306

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bright2(m): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Greetings!
pls i have a friend that has this Honda accord 1998 model ( baby boy )

Each time he goes on low speed or want to over take,the car will be jerking & when the car suddenly picks up, it will accelerate fine.

The car starts very fine & steam well on idle mode.

He has changed the fuel pump & yet the problem persist.

pls help!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
Gurus in the house, happy hols.
I noticed of late that once i kick my car, it revs high from the sound and immediately normalises. What can be the cause of this.
I drive a 2006 accord and the AC is always off when i want to start the car. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by IshiaguGuy: 9:43am On Sep 28, 2015
happy to be here
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I have my reservations on 5W20 please use 5W30 please.

Buy your scanner, scan vehicle and post codes.

Bro, the manufacturer oil for my Honda Accord 2006 is 5w20, could you please share some of the reservations you have for this oil. And would it be wise of me to use this 5W30 despite the manufacturer specified 5w20. This is my first time of servicing the car since i got it close to 2 months now. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by IshiaguGuy: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2015
abeg does honda accord 2008,2009 have this same 'leg' problems as well (pulls out)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whyteboyz03(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
My peeps... I went to fix my navigation for my 2003 Honda accord V6 and the guy said its the lens that is bad . that d lens doesn't read anymore and that the lens isn't available only if I'd buy the complete engine. Please my question is, since its a lens that reads DVD, can I replace the bad lens with any new DVD player lens ?

Cc : luvinhubby
Cc: Gazzuzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Getrich47(m), chinnyonwu(m), xcitedjay(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.