| Politics / Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by hercules07: 2:12pm On Sep 27|
Don't even make a joke
Buhari has no clue on economics!
He appointed those who did, not everybody believes in feudal capitalism.
| Politics / Re: The Truth: Jonathan Speaks English Better Than Buhari. by hercules07: 11:48am On Sep 27|
How can a leader champion a vision and take a country in a fundamentally new direction if he cant communicate with his people?
Yes communication is key to leadership
He led before and his economic policies were sound for the time, carriage is more important than your accent, nobody understands GEJ's english at the UN.
| Politics / Re: NIGERIA: A Nation Of Fools by hercules07: 11:44am On Sep 27|
You are very correct that our case as citizens is like the mad man calling others on the street mad
Can you imagine that our LGAs are allocated average N 150 million monthly from Abuja yet do NOTHING but clueless us will leave them and be shouting president this, president that. Are we not aware that these LGAs that we have allowed to fallow are the mobilising nodes for rigging elections
Your president controls 56% of everything, that is why his name is shouted, let him devolve powers to the state and stop interfering, people will crucify their governors.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 12:20pm On Sep 25|
Well, if you say so. But a lot of things aren't right even in Lagos. I critique Fashola all the time for that. Lagos is my home state and I believe I've a stake there, even if I don't have any in Nigeria.
Also, regardless of hustling - the increment in Dangote's net worth defies logic. Perhaps, it's just the system. And not just him, a lot of other folks as well.
Hustling in the negative sense, buying government protection, bribing and so on, I do not think he can be a millionaire in an organised society, who dashes monkey banana.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 12:10pm On Sep 25|
Well, you might be right about Lagos. But it's the whole country.
Nothing hating on the next black man. But Dangote's moved from having a net worth of about $2.5 billion a few years ago to $25 within 5 years also defies logic. That's another pointer there. A lot of things just defies logic in Nigeria. Things aren't right in the jungle.
Lagos has not been sold to anybody, though, there is a lot of corruption in Lagos as well. Dangote is a hustler, in Nigeria, his type of hustling yields returns at a geometric pace.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 12:06pm On Sep 25|
You are damn funny
After the second world war, US never reveal the nuclear bomb technology to Russia until traitor scientist gave Russia the idea. The reason the US did that was to prevent one mad man using the nuclear technology to destroy the world
So coming here to give credit of Pakistan's nuclear technology to US shows you are a kitchen woman
What of India's nuclear technology. Is it the US that develop it too
Pls return back to the kitchen. This matter is far beyond your understanding.
Not true, after the second world war, the US and Russia packed the German scientists who were at the forefront of Nuclear technology.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:45am On Sep 25|
Lmao...so much that they had to privatise national ID cards. What's next? - privatise the people and sell them into slavery.
Heck, some clownish cowboy and a rogue came up with Africapitalism (I laughed so hard when I saw this earlier this year)...pathetic, I must say.
Nigerians who travel out and return to the country and are able to live in the country and continue with the same crazy attitude are certifiable loons, heck, a cat's life is worth more in some countries than a human life in naija. We should stop getting Finance Ministers from the World bank, their ideas benefit the 1 percent. I do not even know Okonjo's ideology, apart from borrowing money for recurrent activities.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:43am On Sep 25|
You are the funny one here
China India Korea Iran etc never had the best universities when they started but today are churning out world class weapons.
When India Pakistan and China developed nuclear bombs, their higher institutions were not world class
North Korea university is nothing to write home about but today have tested 2 nuclear bombs
Your comments reveal you are not an engineering-technologist
Am sure if you are the mother of Emeagwali, Innoson etc you would have killed their engineering-technological spirit.
Pls return back to the kitchen you do not understand how technology works
JONATHAN give our higher institutions an opportunity to prove themselves.
Please read up on those countries before spouting nonsense, China that has been around for over 3000 years, the Persians, the Indians did not have great universities? Please remove Emeagwali from that list, the guy is a fraud, Innoson is a business man, he is no better than the Alaba boys.
3 Likes 1 Share
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:36am On Sep 25|
That's what they don't understand. Folks watch too much TV and see words, off the bat, believe that's how America and other countries work...without getting themselves acquainted with other things the complement the privatisation drive with to appease the people.
Also, rather than hold the govt responsible for not doing what it's meant to do, and paid for to do with the country's sovereign wealth - they believe selling all the country's assets without getting anything in return is the progressive way. I just don't understand the mentality of the people.
It is the MTN effect, Nitel poor, MTN good = Privatisation >>>>> "Publictisations". Simpletons.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:28am On Sep 25|
Lol I don't need to have the facts. If those stuffs i listed were sophisticated enough, we would have heard it by now!
Any competent Army will route the Nigeria Army in days not weeks, they should thank their stars they are fighting BH, imagine them against these ISIS guys.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:24am On Sep 25|
Yes, a lot of folks are paid.
But a lot of Nigerians also spout nonsense. They watch too much MSM.
Aren't Nigerians the same ones who actually believe the naija army that can't defeat BH, the best in Africa? The government is a reflection of the people, and those throwing junk out there know how gullible the folks are.
These are the same folks who don't even care about how they're governed, and they believe the government selling all the country's assets off to their cronies under the disguise of privatisation is the best thing since slice bread. The same folks who don't even know what they're entitled to as a people.
Ha, Nigerian privatisation, at least the Americans talk about trickle down economy (bullshit), our leaders dont even pretend, everything private is good, anything public is bad.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 11:16am On Sep 25|
Who is talking about state department, the guy who gave the opinion (Dan) is a media analyst who said what he said based on what he saw on the internet. The US official never said such, there are secrets in weapons and arms deals that goes beyond what is posted on the internet.
Oh thought he was the state department guy, I apologise.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 10:58am On Sep 25|
Plausible.These folks aren't looking to buy any modern weapons - it's al about looting, and Soviet era weapons. In as much as I know the yanks won't sell any heavy weapons to Nigeria - the tripe was just an excuse. These people know where to get weapons from, they just threw this nonsense out there for the gullible millions they lord over.
The UK's chinook is a different variant, and it's unique compared to the other ones. The thing with the UK is that: Rolls Royce and other UK arm companies produce components of these weapons, so it's more of a cooperation thing. I guess that's why the UK always spend more because they modify it all the time. The UK's apache is also somewhat different from the yank's.
The ones defending the government on Nairaland are not gullible, they are paid.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 10:56am On Sep 25|
Dan is a normal human being like me and you (if you are normal), he only gave an opinion and not any official confirmation.
That is not an opinion, that is fact, you think those people do not weigh their words before they speak, they are the State Department not our Foreign Service, ask around what our diplomats think of GEJ, you will be shocked.
| Politics / Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 10:52am On Sep 25|
Nigeria isn't a serious country. Take the population out, and it's just as weak as Sierra Leone. Even Ghana might be ahead of Nigeria based on what a sovereign country should be. West Africa countries are just weak, to be honest. Definitely the weakest region on the continent - if we were to cut central Africa, and join the countries there with other regions on the continent - to make it a North, South, East, and West thing.
Nigerians think like something else, we are of little strategic interest to the US, New York's GDP is 3 times our own, when you are of little use to the US, they will go moral on your behind when selling things to you, the funny thing is, the US can be a destabilising force in almost all parts of the world, but, they have always had good intentions for Nigeria.
| Religion / Re: If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? by hercules07: 8:25pm On Sep 08|
Not trying to hypnotise anyone...
People who believe that magical sky fairies are real do nor have a firm grasp on reality.
You are beautiful, shikena.
| Politics / Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by hercules07: 12:34pm On Sep 05|
Obiagelli has said it, Buhari jailed Fela and cracked down on human rights due to the excesses of the Civilian administration in the past. I believe most of those posting here do not have an idea of history and can not understand what necessitated the crack down.
| Politics / Re: Boko Haram Sponsorship Allegation, My Story By Modu Sheriff by hercules07: 2:48am On Sep 04|
Amodu Sheriff, Goje of Gombe, Isa Yuguda all used Boko Haram to win elections, they all sponsored the activities of the group until Yar'Adua moved against them, they were all sponsors and are the architect of BH. BH in its current incarnation is a vehicle that serves the interests of so many, it serves the interest of Generals who need to amass wealth, they are getting rich on embezzling defence money, they will never pray for BH to go away; it serves the interests of politicians who are pro and anti jonathan, the only people suffering from this is the people directly affected.
| Religion / Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by hercules07: 12:38am On Sep 04|
They are adults and humans, if they want to divorce let them go ahead, as far as I am concerned, they are all scammers.
| Science/Technology / Re: Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core by hercules07: 12:36am On Sep 04|
People using scientific discovery to promote ancient and false religions, Nigerians are number one mumu, follow follow people.
| Culture / Re: Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures) by hercules07: 5:54pm On Aug 25|
Thread had been derailed from 0 page by the poster that first posted with large times new roman fonts. Others only helped in derailing it further.
The Alaafin is superior to the Ooni on all fronts, it was the politics of the AG that elevated the Ooni, who was the Ooni to talk, hell, even the Modakekes sacked Ife several times, even when the Ibadans disagreed with Alaafin, they did not have the temerity to attack Oyo.
| Politics / Re: Jonathan Administration And Miraculous Petroleum Subsidy Bills by hercules07: 4:54pm On Aug 22|
Nigerians as a people like to wallow in unnecessary witch hurting, sometimes, it is a complete waste of time. I know the price of gasoline ex works in Rotterdam or the Gulf coast of the United states, the Price is about $2.60/gallon, which is about 3.78liters. Add insurance and freight alone, without the necessary distribution cost in Nigeria , plus the currency factors,you are getting your petrol in Lagos at about 40% discount at N97 per liter. Then you add cost of local distribution and warehousing, it comes to about another N7 per liter. All the black hoes in the process can be stopped, by simply getting government out of the business. Let Importers bring in their product and sell for whatever price the market is willing to support. Within 3 years, Nigeria will become a true exporter of refined products. Not this kabuki dance we have been doing since 1985
You sir are an slowpoke, the cost of fuel in Saudi Arabia is #4 per liter, those prices in the US and the other western countries are because of heavy tax, we do not import from the pumps, we buy from refineries who sell far far below what you have posted up there, your PDP government and Jonathan are thieves in the Subsidy issue, the cost of fuel should not be up to #50.
| Travel / Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by hercules07: 8:26pm On Aug 21|
I don't know why you're hovering around my posts today.
If Jonathan can be given credit for his "success", he should in like manner be blamed for every failure of his. My friend, what you're trying to make us believe is that nobody should be blamed for this and those of Yola and Ikeja. Do you know billions were spent here in the name of remodeling?
According to some people flooding happens everywhere, what volume of rain did we have the caused this, ,come and see better airports with snow and heavy rains with no flooding, the Oduah woman just spent money on cosmetics and not on real infrastructure.
| Business / Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by hercules07: 5:41pm On Aug 20|
Inside that 70% is the 25% for our SINators and legisLOOTERS as reported by ex-CBN chief Sanusi. That is understandable if they receive N29 million monthly for doing almost nothing.
It is up to all of us, Nigerians to talk about this until there is SUBSTANTIAL reduction of what can only be classified as their LOOT
We are getting somewhere, can you also add the percentage taken by the presidency, I am sure by the time we add what the presidency is "looting", we will get to 40% out of the 70%.
| Business / Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by hercules07: 2:54pm On Aug 20|
These vultures messed the Argies up and I think the country has defaulted again - that's like the second time in like 10 years or so. And Argentina used to be the pride of South America(the quintessential South American capitalism). That's how extreme capitalism and creating a bubble everywhere works - give the people false hope, then return to wipe out the middle class and put the economy on a choke-hold. The same with Bill Clinton, and the housing bubble America is yet to recover from, for more than two decades now.
The oil subsidy nonsense is a big fraud and epitomises everything wrong with that country. These folks are all rogues and cowboys, led by an economic hit-woman from Bretton Woods. By the time they're done, they will end up selling the whole country to the highest bidders - to create a bubble.
Argentina negotiated with over 90% of its bond holders to pay them, the money to pay them is sitting in a bank, these vulture capitalists that bought the bonds at very very cheap rates from the original owners want to make over 300% on those bonds. Nigeria keeps borrowing and people are saying it is 12.5% of GDP, they should ask Argentina the percent of their GDP that was initially borrowed that has ballooned to $200bn. GEJ has been there for over 4 years, PDP almost 16 years not a single refinery, Saudi in the last 4 years built the second largest refinery in the world, in the desert.
| Business / Re: Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt by hercules07: 2:37pm On Aug 20|
SirShymex: The funniest thing is that with all these unnecessary debts, Nigeria is arguably the most capitalist country on the planet - with almost close to zero welfare for its citizens. Yet some clowns are still proposing more cuts. Don't the poor deserve something at all in that country, despite all the resources at its disposal?
Cut the big and utterly useless and corrupt government - and find ways to reduce corruption. And where's all the money going since the country is still as messed up as ever?
My brother God will bless you, all these vulture capitalists who want to unload the problems on the poor, fuel subsidy was about $2bn under Obasanjo and Yar Adua, all of a sudden it is $7bn under Jonathan, what is the landing cost of oil, build refinery they can not, rather they pay themselves huge sums and steal the rest, the debt might be 12.5% of GDP, but, if oil prices fall and our debt falls into the hands of vultures like the guy holding Argentina to ransom, we will hear wen.
| Health / Re: Doctors Hit Lagos Streets To Protest Mass Sack (PHOTOS) by hercules07: 1:03pm On Aug 19|
Well, poor conditions= poor service.
If you want a football team where everyone is the captain......you are asking for trouble.
(And my concern isn't about who heads the hospital....in my mind we should leave that to a well trained administrator who can be anybody....it is about who is in charge of day to day care for patients in the wards,and in outpatients).
I have gone through the 24 demands and if I were Jonathan, I would be too angry, you guys were basically telling him what to do, using words such as must,, who the hell do they think they are?
| Health / Re: Doctors Hit Lagos Streets To Protest Mass Sack (PHOTOS) by hercules07: 1:00pm On Aug 19|
These are the reasons for the strike. Feel free to judge their merit
1. The post of Deputy Chairman Medical Advisory Committee (DCMAC) has been circularised and operational. Rather than abolish it, the NMA hereby demands that four (4) DCMACs for teaching hospitals and three (3) for the Federal Medical Centres be appointed forthwith to assist the CMACs whose statutory responsibilities are too heavy for any single individual to handle. Directors in other government agencies are supported by several Deputy Directors, why not the CMAC who is also a Director? Such a DCMAC must have same qualifications as the CMAC.
2. The NMA is opposed to the appointment of Directors in the Hospitals. This position distorts the chain of command in the hospital, induces anarchy and exposes the patient to conflicting treatment and management directives with attendant negative consequences.
3. The NMA demands that grade level 12 (CONMESS 2) in the health sector MUST be SKIPPED for medical doctors. Consequently no medical/dental practitioners should be on that grade level anymore.
4. The title “CONSULTANT” in a hospital setting describes the relationship between the Specialist Medical Doctor and his patient. It will be a source of confusion if the title is applied to any other health worker who statutorily does not own patient. NMA, therefore, declares with unmitigated emphasis that if “non-doctor consultants” are appointed, it will lead to chaos and anarchy in the health sector. This should not happen.
5. Relativity in health sector is sacrosanct. The NMA hereby demands for immediate implementation of the January 3rd, 2014 circular. The NMA also demands the immediate payment of the arrears of the corrected relativity for 22 years during which her members were short changed.
Much as we are not against salary increase for any category of workers, either in health or elsewhere, the NMA demands for immediate adjustment of the doctors’ salary to maintain the relativity as agreed and documented once CONHESS is adjusted.
6. That Government should expedite the passage of the National Health Bill (NHB), and extend Universal Health Coverage to cover 100% of Nigerians and not 30% as currently prescribed by National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
7. Surgeon General of the Federation MUST be appointed with immediate effect.
8. The entry point of the House Officer should be corrected to CONMESS 1 step 4 as originally contained in MSS/MSSS while the Registrar/Medical Officer is moved to CONMESS 3 step 3.
9. Clinical duty allowance for Honorary Consultants should be increased by 90% of CONMESS
10. Adjust the specialist allowance as contained in the 2009 collective bargaining agreement. Additionally, ALL doctors on CONMESS 3 and above MUST be paid specialist allowance or its equivalent that is not less than 50% higher than what is paid to other health workers.
11. Hazard allowance MUST be at least N100, 000 per month for Medical Doctors.
12. Immediate release of the circular on rural posting, teaching and other allowances which MUST include house officers.
13. Immediate withdrawal of the CBN circular authorizing the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) to approve licenses for the importation of In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVDs).
14. Immediate Release of Circular on retirement age for Medical Doctors as agreed with the Federal Government (FG)
15. The Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Health should formalise and implement the report of the interagency committee on residency training as well as release the uniform template on appointment of Resident Doctors in line with earlier agreements. Moreover, a concrete Funding framework for residency training must be established. The Overseas clinical attachment must be fully restored and properly funded in the interest of the nation.
16. That in the interest of harmony in Federal Medical Centre, Owerri the government should pay the salaries of our members in the centre as agreed on 21st October, 2013.
17. Immediate concrete steps must be put in place for the reintegration of our members back into the IPPIS platform.
18. All attempts to coerce house officers not to join NARD must stop.
19. The orchestrated intimidation, harassment and physical assault of our members in departments of Pathology (Laboratory Medicine) by Laboratory Scientists which is being tolerated by the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) must stop.
20. The Endless circle of incomplete salary payment to our members in many hospitals in the name of shortfalls in personnel cost must stop.
21. Universal applicability of all establishment circulars on the remuneration and conditions of service for doctors at all levels of Government must be guaranteed.
22. Government should as a matter of urgency set up a health trust fund that will enhance the upgrading of all hospitals in Nigeria.
23. The position of Chief Medical Director/Medical Director must continue to be occupied by a Medical Doctor as contained in the Act establishing the tertiary Hospitals. This position remains sacrosanct and untouchable.
24. The NMA henceforth shall not accept the continued violation of any of the terms of the 2009 Collective Bargaining Agreement. This is exemplified by the payment of Medical Physicists and Optometrists with OD (who are on CONHESS) call duty allowance using the CONMESS Circular. Similarly, the phrase “Ministries, Departments and Agencies” (MDA) in the said agreement should replace “Federal Ministry of Health and other Federal Health Institutions” as contained in the 2009 CONMESS Circular.
Jonathan should throw these demands in the bin, imagine the tone of the demands, 90% of the demands were self serving, 100K as allowance, haba.
| Health / Re: Doctors Hit Lagos Streets To Protest Mass Sack (PHOTOS) by hercules07: 9:39am On Aug 19|
Well there is a reason why Ebola spread so badly in Africa....and why it will never spread in the US......good isolation facilities, good labs...etc.....which all cost money.(And running water...24/7).
Can't fight with Ebola....when you don't have the adequate tools to begin with. Or you want to lose more medical staff to the disease.?
You guys can fight for all the money you like, at the end of the day, you will negotiate, I feel doctors are well paid enough in the public sector, but if they can get better by negotiating, I do not have a problem with that. The issue I have with them is trying to dominate everything, that is just not on, the regulators and administrators should determine the structure not the doctor, he is not trained to do that, all this nonsense of captains in a ship is just BS, once the structure of an organisation is in place, everybody does his or her own assigned job, why should it be unions determining who gets what, tail wagging the dog.
| Health / Re: Doctors Hit Lagos Streets To Protest Mass Sack (PHOTOS) by hercules07: 11:31pm On Aug 18|
PointB: Before we get swayed by the doctors tantrum, let's not lose sight of their 24 key demand.
Summary of the doctors demands:
1. Create more offices (and more money) for us
2. Don't send anyone to monitor the money
3. Skip level 12, we can't wait to collect more money
4. Refer to Nos 2
5. Pay us 22 years areas of some money, and then increase our wage
6. Expand the health bill so we can make more money
7. Appoint one of us surgeon general so that he can protect us and fight for our money
8. Adjust our level so that we can make more money
9. Increase our call duty allowance by 90%
10. Adjust upward our specialist allowance
11. Increase our hazard allowance from 5k/mnth to 100k/mnth
12. Release circular showing our allowances, all of us must be included
13. When we need to import In-Vitro Diagnostics, IVDs equipment, we don't want knowledgeable institution to check/license it.
14. Tell us our retirement age (obviously they don't want to retire, more money to be made in active duty)
15. We want more funding for our residency training
16. For peace to reign pay our colleagues in Owerri what you agreed
17. We must continue to enjoy the goodies in IPPIS platform
18. Attempt to prevent our collective bargaining (for more money) will be resisted
19. Lab scientist should stop intimidating us (we are the big boys, we make more money)
20. Stop short paying us for any reason (we want all our money in full)
21. Do for us what they do for doctors abroad
22. Set aside more money to furnish our offices (hospitals)
23. Medical director must be a medical doctor (It can not be a pharmacist, dentist, and never a lab scientist). We must chop alone
24. Stop violating our 2009 agreement. Pay us our money!!
There you have it. The two dozen demands of our doctor in plain language. The demands causing our brethren to die at home, and in hospital while doctors stay away. These are the demands making our people to resort to bathing and drinking salt water to death, as they run scare of Ebola Virus Disease, while our doctors prefer to stay at home and wait for their money.
Our doctors have sworn to protect their moneys, while our collective health is the ransom! If gold can rust, pray, what will happen to Iron?
You have broken it up nicely and I think this is the first time I will agree with you on stuff like this. I do not mind the doctors being well paid (though their services are shabby), I am against them denying other health sector participants the opportunity to rise to the zenith.
| Health / Re: NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters by hercules07: 10:37pm On Aug 15|
I believe the Government should accede to the requests of the Doctors that border on remuneration and condition of service (equipment etc), other conditions that are administrative or affect other health workers should be at the discretion of the Government, Doctors are not the be all and end all of the Health sector, they are a component relevant as others are.
| Religion / Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by hercules07: 5:10pm On Aug 06|
Nigeria is doomed with people who think like this, where are all those Pastors nau, we need them to perform wonders and miracles, Ebola is available as a test case.