Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

0luwatope's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0luwatope's Profile / 0luwatope's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Programming / Re: Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again by 0luwatope(m): 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
Lol, Nodejs PHP, just learn something

I know both and i can tell you for a fact that i use both, very well, if you ask me Nodejs is better in terms on performance, scalability, security, let's not even discuss about its single threaded nature.

However, PHP puts food on the table, gets things done faster for you without having to do a whole lot of Nodejs installation on the server, use cli or all those technical shiits, imo, Just learn anyone you feel comfortable with

37 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 0luwatope(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
calculator123:

You can ask any of the NIS officers there. It would cost you money though

Lol, cool, make i find my way go there tomorrow then

1 Like

Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 0luwatope(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jamzig1:

Normal details, my friend also acted as my guarantor. Name, address, occupation and his asset (money or properties)

Passport? NIMC or Driver's license and photocopy of passport included yeah?
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 0luwatope(m): 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jamzig1:
I captured at Ikoyi office not long ago, I was in and out in less than 2hrs. Servicom was really helpful and the brown official file given by Servicom for DIY people makes it so seamless and top priority.
For those that captured at Ikoyi recently, how long does it take to get the passport. I was only given a plain paper with number written on it and was told that is what I would use for collection.

Sorry, what details about your guarantor did you submit... I found one of my old friend who has I just needed to be sure about things I might be needing from my guarantor
Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 0luwatope(m): 8:41am On Nov 19, 2020
My biggest problem right now is guarantor, lol, my friend who I thought was going to sign for me is now in ibadan flexing, now I have to start asking others that I don't even know if they have passport or not

Anyways I'm going to ikoyi tomorrow for the interview, make God shine him light
Programming / PHP Or Node JS? Here's My Honest Opinion by 0luwatope(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
If you're thinking I'd come to bash PHP, wrong thread.
If you're thinking I'm here to praise Node.js as well... mier undecided Wrong thread

By default, I'm an android developer, i've built apps that has 0 downloads before, my maximum downloads was 10

But... Before you close the thread, i recently got hired by a startup, and they were serious about their P. As a matter of fact, it is a fintech company, they pushed my app to a large audience in no time and i started seeing my flaws as an android developer and as a backend engineer, meanwhile i used to think I am very good smiley

Here's an advice, DON'T cage yourself, get out of your cave and see what people are building, people at flutterwave no get 2 heads

Moving on, I used to be am a PHP hardcore and i hated javascript so much that i would swear to never write anything in JS for life. JS is the only language where anyone can literally create a framework called nairaland.js and people would start using it, Can't we all write the same thing? No! Jamiu is prolly using React, Akande is using Angular, Ayo is using Next.js, Dada is using Nuxt.js and the madness goes on and on and on.

So, as a PHP hardcore and Java expert, we don't have that much framework here(Java). It was clean and straight forward, infact, people used the normal Java than Spring (framework).

Like I said, my PHP skills made me proud, I entirely wrote the backend with PHP, and guess what, we started 3 months ago and now we have thousands of users with total transactions over 30m. My PHP backend processed 30m in transactions, sweet right? Nah, my eyes saw hell.

To be honest, PHP is not the language you'll rely on when it comes with transactions and money, that language is a crackhead one. Before Y'all criticize or question my skills, ask yourself how many people is using the localhost of yours, no offence. Building a system is the easiest, scalling is the hard part. Your localhost or website with 100 users will work fine smiley

Now to my comparism, PHP is a language that allows you put things together real quick and start! It puts food on the table as well, however, for a fintech company with lots of users, mehn, don't try it, it will prolly end up in tears. You can use PHP for your blog and projects that require not too much security and lesser transactions and use Node for heavy duty apps.

Newbies, try learn both.

Honorary mention: @dhtml6 saw him yesterday viewing a thread grin

4 Likes

Investment / Re: Mistakenly Sent 7K To Someone Else's Account by 0luwatope(m): 4:14am On Jun 06, 2020
I can help yo track the person tho, but we do it privately, i won't only tell you his name, i'll give you his address, date of birth, hometown, picture and bvn 08104422.662
Programming / Re: What I Created With Php And Mysql by 0luwatope(m): 1:20am On May 30, 2020
Lol, grin

If i comment, seun will ban me
Investment / This App Helps You Get 24% Interests Legally by 0luwatope(m): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2020
--
Programming / Re: I Need Your Recommendation On This Project by 0luwatope(m): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2020
codeigniter:

true, but he did not say it is a commercial project

No oh, we wants to create a jiji for his family members only grin
Investment / Re: Earn 1k everyday from page impressions by 0luwatope(m): 10:53am On Apr 26, 2020
-
Investment / Re: Earn 1k everyday from page impressions by 0luwatope(m): 2:15am On Apr 26, 2020
--
Programming / Re: Need Help Starting A Loan App by 0luwatope(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2020
Observing from afar, you might actually need to consult me tho cuz, lol, well i know these things more than anyone here. No offense to others

For the payment, all you need is an auth code from the card of that user, save the auth code and use it to charge the user. There are still a lot you are not looking at like PCI, google play policy, lmao, perfect cronjobs, transactional mails, and some other rubbish i can't remember

If you're ready tho 0810.44226.62

1 Like

Programming / Re: What Laptop Do You Use...... by 0luwatope(m): 12:09am On Apr 02, 2020
MDBrand:

How did you get UK used laptop?. I wan buy one

I have friends that work at computer village
Programming / Re: What Laptop Do You Use...... by 0luwatope(m): 3:43am On Mar 30, 2020
Benjaniblinks:

Pes what?

pes 16

At the time, i had chrome, android studio, postman, nox player, and photoshop open

Programming / Re: What Laptop Do You Use...... by 0luwatope(m): 11:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Ukalu381:
Hp probook
4Gb/430gb
Corei3

And now virus has affected my laptop all because I thought I could update it to windows 10
grin
Lol silly me

I have been using windows 10 for a long time, I installed windows on an AMD 4gb 1.75ghz efore and it worked well.

Also, i do not believe in virus affecting systems that easily, it might just be programs that was installed without you knowing.
Programming / Re: What Laptop Do You Use...... by 0luwatope(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2020
NettyNelly:

Had always loved HP elitebooks. Pls what model of elitebook is yours and how much did you pay for it

80k 9480m

Just yesterday, I had Android studio and chrome with some other apps open and we still played pes... Oh I forgot to mention its 8gb RAM

1 Like

Programming / Re: What Laptop Do You Use...... by 0luwatope(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
My laptop name won't help tho but I just love that system

128gb ssd
8gb ram
Light up keyboard
Core i5
Windows os
14' screen
Hp elitebook cool

I actually got it 80k based on one or two things grin its UK used sha, we never get money to buy new one or macbook, cuz macbooks are better than all these HP people
Investment / Earn 1k everyday from page impressions by 0luwatope(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2020
--

1 Like

Investment / Does Anyone Have A Consistent And Good Source Of Earning Money Online? by 0luwatope(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
I'm just curious here, I've been surfing nairaland business and investment section lately, I see very very few good deals, shady-like deals and complete shady deals.

But all my years, I noticed that only few people really cash out, I mean something worth it, not 20naira or 50naira earnings.

I have this platform that I trust however, its still the same 50naira we are talking about, although slightly better and manageable, infact it will benefit people who have serious online audience.

Help a brother please, I am currently raising funds to start something and I know for sure it is massive, I just need a little funds to kick start, maybe 100k.

All I need now is steady ways to earn online, please kindly help me out, ejjoorrr, biko
Business / Let't Work Together And Earn This Money, No Referrals Needed by 0luwatope(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Its more like adsense but majorly for social media accounts

What we do is get ads and just click on our own ads respectively as a team, we need a huge group of people to do this, join me on the whatsapp group i jut created, lets do this 081044.22662
Programming / Re: Investor Needed For $200 by 0luwatope(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
fabiano09:

What’s your number ?

Hello, I would love to discuss some things with you, I am already an app developer, I and my friend are starting something and we would love you to look into it for funding, let's discuss please 08104422662

We would come to your office with the core members of the project if need be
Programming / Re: Any Expert Android Studio Developer by 0luwatope(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
Reach me on 08104422662
Programming / Re: Any Expert Android Studio Developer by 0luwatope(m): 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2020
majortwild:
Hello pls i need someone who knows his way around Android studio very well pls Drop ur whatsapp contact i need some help and want to ask few questions Thank u

Pls drop ur contact or u can WhatsApp me on 08144693737

Ask your questions sir
Programming / Re: A 19 Year Old Me Gave An Advice That Doesn't Help Me 3 Years Later by 0luwatope(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2020
shegzhkn:

Did you have some issue getting to know java well ??

Not really, stackoverflow has always been my best friend
Programming / Re: A 19 Year Old Me Gave An Advice That Doesn't Help Me 3 Years Later by 0luwatope(m): 11:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
shegzhkn:

Ok, years of experience if i may , ask and how does kotlin sounds to u as a Mobile devs??
3 going to 4 now, Kotlin is new and its coming in strong, i would advice anyone to go for it rather than java
Programming / Re: A 19 Year Old Me Gave An Advice That Doesn't Help Me 3 Years Later by 0luwatope(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
shegzhkn:
What ur stack ??

Android full stack, that includes UI/UX, developing using native java, backend apis (php, mysql, firebase)
Programming / A 19 Year Old Me Gave An Advice That Doesn't Help Me 3 Years Later by 0luwatope(m): 1:32pm On Feb 10, 2020
Okay this is funny

This is what happened, Jan 31 2017, someone asked a question on the best strategy do develop a whot game, the 19 year old me who was feeling himself because that was exactly when i started android programming. I answered the question like a boss cool

In my mind then, i was thinking my advice was the best, so last month, i got one freelance job to develop a whot game like chopbarh, i should have been through with it, but the lazy me didn't start until yesterday, lol.

So I've done some things, the bots are playing, well but not well enough, i need to write more algorithms for them to be able to play very very well.

So i looked up whot strategies and i got to this page.... https://www.nairaland.com/3599738/what-best-strategy-win-whot

So, reading the comments, i found mine also grin grin the funny thing is, my comment back then was so so useless, i didn't even find it useful one bit, it was so useless that i had to say who posted this rubbish.

Lo and behold, i got shocked when i saw the moniker popping up grin it was mine grin

So anyways, screenshot of the game is attached, let me feel my self again, i hope i wont find this post very annoying 3 years later smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.