Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? (15570 Views)

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / What Is The Best Thing You Enjoy Doing Most With You Girlfriend Or Boyfriend? / Ladies Why Do You Enjoy Kissing So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by tkarunwi: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2008
Being single makes me to have time for myself and to serve God better. It also makes me to save money better compare to having wife and kids.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by bebe2007(m): 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
annamaria:

Hmm, let me see
1. not having to cook.
2. not having to pick up after somebody.
3. not having to worry about his whereabouts when he comes home late.
4. yes, not having to watch the effing nations cup.
5. lying in bed with all my books around me.
6. not having to be nice to some obnoxious in-laws.
7. not having to discuss the effing US elections endlessly. or the iraq war. or nigerian politics.
8. being able to read silly romance novels and dream again.

i could go on but i'll stop here for now.

Baby, You just got it. Its so stress free when you are single, how on earth can someone say there is nothing to enjoy. I am my best company, i love doing my own things. Being single is one of the best things ever. I get to go anywhere with whoever i choose at anytime, its great o! You are responsible for just yourself.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by mssiah(m): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2008
If you remain single for a long time,then it becomes unhealthy.

Eve was created for a reason.To be a companion to Adam.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Pitokwe(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2008
cool cheesy[b][/b]The most important thing about being single is the absolute rest of mind,because most of those chicksAa out there are bunch of rubbish,they want to eat frm every plate.As for me i :Dam happy because i am a play boy.THE TRUTH IS THAT DONT GIVE THEM MUCH ATTENTION.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by uf4oma(f): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
mssiah:

If you remain single for a long time,then it becomes unhealthy.

Eve was created for a reason.To be a companion to Adam.

speak for urself.

being single has taken a whole lot of weight off my shoulders. sometimes, u r better off single  than being in some meaningless relationships just because society expects u to.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Seun(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2008
You should definitely not be in a relationship just because society expects you to. You should be in one only because it's better for you.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Busta(f): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
if u ask me;

when u are single, yes u gain freedom at first, after a while u get tired of the freedom and really start to crave company.

fun at first, boring later on.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by tboy1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2008
Busta:

if u ask me;

when u are single, yes u gain freedom at first, after a while u get tired of the freedom and really start to crave company.

fun at first, boring later on.

You're so correct, I'm in the boring stage
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by dayonuel(m): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2008
ma brother, its freedom all the way, freedom to be free.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Choco(f): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2008
Breathing space, Peace of mind (u don't have to worry about this or that), and of course u answer 2 noone but yourself (my freedom)

Although I'm being seriously harrassed to give up my singleness cry might just do that soon,
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by TL(f): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2008
the freedom, its just all about you cheesy[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by caspea(f): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2008
my darlinmgs,there is nothing like working on your pace,you dont have to impress anybody or see if he is okay with a plan you are so comfortable with.you dont need to take panadols regularly or cry your heart out when he or she hurts you.trust me,this is so beautifull
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by caspea(f): 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
my darlings,there is nothing like working on your pace,you dont have to impress anybody or see if he is okay with a plan you are so comfortable with.you dont need to take panadols regularly or cry your heart out when he or she hurts you.trust me,this is so beautifull
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by mssiah(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
Yep,

Its freedom all the way,but very soon reality will definitely set in.

I do have girl friends,unfortunately  none are my specs.I have been there and done that and learnt , thats not life  but rather another form of self destruction.

I have remained single,because I seek a special and perfect lady.Not going to settle for nothing less.I have learnt from my past relationship.

Never compromise.don't ever go into a relationship,hoping to change the person.

Being single sucks,being a play boy could at times be fun and at the same time is disastrous in the sense that its takes most of your time and affects your finance.If you don't plan your time then your heading towards self destruction.These days no lady will have anything to do with you if you are a playboy unless there is something to gain from you.(This kind of ladies are modern time LovePeddler's)

I'll rather wait and settle for a healthy relationship.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by mssiah(m): 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2008
I have learnt a lot while single,its time to break out
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Tinkinguy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2008
Some people are just dreaming,

If you re single, den you ve miss it all, and above that you cant even compare the situation, on why you tink you re really enjoying yourself.

I guess when one cant marry, he/she den convience him/herslef that been single is the bOOM.

Only the person who has walked with a rubber shoe, leather shoe and any available make can attest to each condition.

Make haste while the sun is shining and get married before its too late

Shikina
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by mssiah(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
I have been in a relationship for 6 years,while I was a fool and stupid it was fun.When I started seeing reality ,I felt like the guy in unfaithfull (Rihanna).I decided to be a playboy and I was like FELA anikulapo .

I am now single and I feel like 2pac (ME AGAINST THE WORLD)

I have had my share of all situation.Being single sucks,being a playboy is a game and if you decide to play it for too long.You only end up in a polygamous marriage or having kids everywhere.Which shows you are very irresponsible.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Orimolade(m): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
i just came out a relationship after heart break and slepless night 4 almost 2months, but i think i am happy now and no body 2 monitor my movement , i dont av 2 cook, i dont av to think about any body.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by bolataiwo(m): 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2008
being single as a guy makes u a small boy to ur parent.the best thing that can happen to u is to be hook to the best pal of ur dream. smiley
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by hob(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2008
nothing special except the ability 2 flirt around
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by omodada1: 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
enough of sleeping alone. enough of extar-cool. enough of missing u. i beg, make my love marry soon o. at least am above 24 years only that my FOREX account is not yet ripe. wait and see the Guru celebrate, grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by ikhideman(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
busta u r right! Being single @ first seems relieving & one tends to enjoy the freedom for a while; thereafter, u long for your own, not a one-night stand (who is not really yours).

Its sweet being single only in the short-run!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Gemini25(m): 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
Being Single gives you the chance to reflect on whom you really are, where you are going and what you want to do with your life,

I dare say that the "Coupled" ones do not have that much time to do all that once they are hooked up, cos you worry about your relationship, you try to keep the flame burning and blah blah,

I would say that you discover whom you are before getting attached to someone that way you can stay true to who you really are when the right one comes along. grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by jkpretty(f): 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2008
It makes u able to think, & make right decisions when u are ready to hook up again.

Sometimes u enjoy being single such that u don't want people to know u've broken up. So they don't give u advise u don't need, to make u hook up again
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by opokonwa(m): 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2008
Mine is not having any girl telling me how to wait on her.

I rule my own world grin

Though it can be lonely at times embarassed
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by gunpoint(m): 6:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
U guys make up ur minds so i can choose which 1 i shuld do abeg!!!
angry angry angry
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by hilli666(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2008
There is no particular benefit of being single, especially in comparison with being with someone. It is more or less some sort of psychological defense men put up because A) They just ended a relationship B)they cant get in a relationship. so they resort so some fantasy about the joys and beauty of being single. People, especially men often associate relationships with entrapment e.g loosing so many freedoms ( like hanging out with your friends e.t.c) But my fellow Nairalander! Might i remind you that if care and patience are exercised when selecting a partner, and a partner is selected based on similarities in personality, hobbies, behavioural patter .e.t.c there would be absolutely no need to feel this way. Because your partner will share the same interests as you do. Certainly, this is no longer the case, and is seldom practised by our modern day men. Instead, selection is based on the most trivial of things e,g lust, wealth, physical beauty (don't get me wrong, it helps if your girl is pretty) while ignoring important things. In situation's like these, the emotional interest invested by both parties is highly unequal and biased. and often tip the balance to where one party is sacrificing a lot to ensure that the other is satisfied, which ultimately ends up in disaster.This is this point, when such diffident persons logs onto Nairaland and create a post that says "What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single" As if there was something to enjoy. My conclusion to such persons is "My bad"
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by hilli666(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2008
Gemini25:

Being Single gives you the chance to reflect on whom you really are, where you are going and what you want to do with your life,

I dare say that the "Coupled" ones do not have that much time to do all that once they are hooked up, because you worry about your relationship, you try to keep the flame burning and blah blah,

I would say that you discover whom you are before getting attached to someone that way you can stay true to who you really are when the right one comes along. grin

Sorry to dissapoint you, but em, i think your are ment to have a solid understanding of whom you really are before, during and after the relationship. If you had to wait to be single to reflect than maybe we should reword it to " Due to my inability to decide on where i want to go, and what i want to do with my life, I have become single. (because women dont paticulaly fancy such insecure traits in men) That might make more sense.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by dollyp1cute(f): 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2008
Tinkin_guy:

Some people are just dreaming,

If you re single, den you ve miss it all, and above that you can't even compare the situation, on why you think you re really enjoying yourself.

I guess when one can't marry, he/she den convience him/herslef that been single is the bOOM.

Only the person who has walked with a rubber shoe, leather shoe and any available make can attest to each condition.

Make haste while the sun is shining and get married before its too late

Shikina

If you are single then you have missed it all, psstttttttttttewwwww shocked shocked shocked

Step away from that tiny cubicle that you call your mind for a moment and come into the more lighter, liberating field and explore with me.

At some point in anybody's life you will be single. You were single before you got married. Some people are better off single than married or being in a relationship. You need to be matured and ready before venturing to be married / committed.

The simple question from the poster was at this time that you are single what do you enjoy by being single. Let me break it down with a small example so your simple mind can understand.
e.g. While at the bus stop waiting for your bus what do you enjoy during the wait.

And the question was obviously directed to single people.

So carry your hay and sunshine to the cows in your village.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by gunpoint(m): 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2008
HAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oyinbo 2 much!!!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by femwich(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2008
lets see,

SINGLE= Selfcentred + Inconsiderate + Needy + Greedy + Lonely + Eccentric in nature. i guess bin single leads to paranioa.

by the way, am single ve a lil of the attributes in the definition and very paranaoid, help!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Tawak: 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2008
the fear of not bein heartbroken

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ladies Lounge..life,love,dressing,food And Everything Ladylike.(season 2) / After 1 Year, She Said Yes But....... / Please I Need Your Advice. Im In A Deep Shii...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.