Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? (15571 Views)

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / What Is The Best Thing You Enjoy Doing Most With You Girlfriend Or Boyfriend? / Ladies Why Do You Enjoy Kissing So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Faitymine(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2008
No more excessive spending, coming home late, thinking about someone and going out for clubbing! grin grin grin
Just came out of a disastrous and horrific relationship.
What do you think?
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by iceland(m): 11:10am On Jan 24, 2008
Faitymine:

No more excessive spending, coming home late, thinking about someone and going out for clubbing! grin grin grin
Just came out of a disastrous and horrific relationship.
What do you think?

You are a stingy guy looking for an oppotunity not to spend money grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by efuah(f): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2008
Millena:

some of the positives

, having the time to fulfil all your selfish desires
, exploring the world without having to think about the opinion of that special one.
, not having to explain your whereabout and actions to da girl grin grin
, not having to watch em silly movies pretending that you love em! Not having to share the tv time with em ( and missing my darling Arsenal play while watching some silly tv series) tongue tongue
, having more time to positively reflect on your past relationship; the mistakes; the strong points ; and the low points. cry cry
, freedom to flirt lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
, time to win another person's heart!
This means that most guys don't love. . . u pretend to love, but u never do. . . such is sad cry cry cry cry
av always known this that guys/men hardly love, they always pretend to pls. These are the same people who will accuse that ladies of today r worse. May God have mercy on us all cry
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Geezle(m): 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2008
any single person (f) wanna hook up?
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by dakmanzero(m): 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2008
@efuah

men do love. You chicks just dont call them men. You call them mugu
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by dollyp1cute(f): 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2008
efuah:

This means that most guys don't love. . . u pretend to love, but u never do. . . such is sad cry cry cry cry
av always known this that guys/men hardly love, they always pretend to please. These are the same people who will accuse that ladies of today r worse. May God have mercy on us all cry

Of course they do. Their way of expressing it is just different.

dakmanzero:

@efuah
men do love. You chicks just don't call them men. You call them mugu

It goes both ways

Generally the human race today are lovers of themselves so we can't point fingers
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by faketan(m): 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2008
If become the perfect loving guy, helping in doing the dishes whenever u are around, taking ur girl as ur equal, lavishing her with what you can, the average Nigerian girl will think u are not man enough.
I like being single for just while not for a long time cos of companionship. Where do you find that anyway?
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by chychy(f): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2008
FREEDOM, TOTAL FREEDOM, ABSOLUTE FREEDOM
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by spicy007(f): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2008
what i absolutely love about being SINGLE is the freedom to explore my inner-self and be who I want to be, accountable ONLY to myself and GOD.  Moreover, the period of singleness is usually short , compared to a lifetime of marriage, so LADIES, please ENJOY the MOMENT  while you can.

being able to wake up and go to bed at will, watch tv and movies, read novels, flirt gracefully, hang out with soooo many guy-friends, take midnight calls  and pik up my phone when i feel like it, without owing anybody explanation.

Freedom to be confident about my body, when guys ogle at me, without being accused of swaying my hips to attract undue attention. or without having to feel insecure because he's ogling another babe's deep cleavage, which i happen to be deficient in.

i just love being single and who says SINGLE is boring? there u make friends and act without pretences.
its a period of SINGULARITY AND JOY. PERIOD.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by SisB(f): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2008
am nw single for the past six days, i and my boyfriend were talking six days ago, and we started talking about marriage, next i heard from him is that i can neva marry a christian,and we've been dating for 2 years, cos he is a devoted muslim, we've both love each other so much, and i was once a muslim cos my father is one and my mother is a christian and i had to follow my mother cos am living wit my mother, this is the guy i have loved so much, he is in school while am a jambite. mother knws him while i knw mostly all is family. he has hurt me so much but i dnt usually mind but nw my mind is made if he wants to go, i dnt care, maybe thats an excuse for him to go. and have just realised he is a fanatic
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by nwauwa(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2008
No fun
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Bundee(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2008
Sincerely, it really feels good 2 be single, u do ur thing without being bothered. Like the saying goes" U r single 2 mingle." Nobody is really apprehensive about where u go to; where u spent last nite; why u got home late; how many bottles of beer u drank; the way u n d girl next door stare at each other.

Despite all these: I miss being in a relationship grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Emad(f): 7:47am On Jan 25, 2008
Bundee Thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by ibrahiem(m): 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2008
u don't have to worry about coming home to meet a nagging wife.
single is all about doin watever u feel lyk witout anyone askin questions.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by sharonsto(f): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2008
never been in a reltinship but can assure u ,am tired of it
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by oghos2k(m): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2008
There's nothing like it. U dont have to look over ur shoulders when running shows.lol
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by uoe80(f): 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
Being single can be the best time of ones life but can also be the most depressing and lonely period of an adults life especially if you don't have a job or something that takes up your time 24 hours of the day.I HATE BEING SINGLE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by victorian(f): 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2008
no more getting worried about the other person when he doesnt call for a longwhile, simply laid back, watch, flirt and do wherever i want without someone breathing down my neck, but it can be lonely sometimes , sha. wink
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by UkMale: 12:09am On Jan 26, 2008
the bes thing. getting to deeply know oneself!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by davidif: 4:44am On Jan 26, 2008
Nothing special about being single, absolutely nothing, i don't want to sound desperate but yes i really am. heeeelp.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by choco4life(m): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2008
The best thing about being single is the FREEDOM, yeah some much FREEDOM i like it.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by aade: 6:44pm On Jan 26, 2008
For me being single is like being in a comfort zone (no stress) because every attempt not to be single is always one headache or heartache after the other, and one is not even in the relationship yet - only God knows what the relationship would be like when one is in it.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by lawyer(m): 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2008
I remember when i was still in university, i dated this beautiful girl and she was my dream girl but i wasnt her dream guy. I loved, adored and was in total awe of this girl. But she made my life miserable and i remember we broke up more than 7 times during the 4 years we dated and i was only the one that kept one coming back to beg whenever we broke up and it would take the whole U.S army to beg her to come back and we would break up again. The final straw was when she broke up with me on valentines day b'cos i couldnt afford to take her to see a concert worth #10,000 and i was freaking broke then and left me with a parting shot that a relationship is like a musical chair and when someone breaks your heart, you dont get mad, you do it to another person. I was heart broken and for 3 years i was single and very depressed and almost commited suicide. It affected my grades in school and my living condition and pressurized my family.

One morning i woke up and decided to start dating and i also decided to take her advice literally. Since then i date girls for 4 months, sleep with them and break up first. I have realised the joy of being single and not carrying the burden of falling in love and breaking up. These days i enjoy my singledom whenever am in the mood to choose not to date and i decide when i want to date and break up. A relationship is too hard to maintain and emotionally a dangerous thing if you put your mind 100% into it. Its not worth it and you'll live longer being single and free of worries.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by uf4oma(f): 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2008
Poor lawyer. She was ur dream girl but u weren't her dream guy. she manages u for 4 years of uni and dumps u afterwards, so now u r a serial dater for that singular reason. u remain her slave and u need to free urself from that bondage. please go for some counselling.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by lawyer(m): 12:28am On Jan 27, 2008
uf4oma:

Poor lawyer. She was your dream girl but u weren't her dream guy. she manages u for 4 years of uni and dumps u afterwards, so now you're a serial dater for that singular reason. u remain her slave and u need to free yourself from that bondage. please go for some counselling.

Yes i am a serial dater and enjoying every moment of it. Actually if you think am still a slave to her, you might be very very correct. But the good thing is that i have been been able to gather more slaves to my camp. These days i see exes who can't get over the relationship and are now as tough as nails towards men and even confide in me that they too have joined the so called serial dating club. Its not my business how they feel and i don't care whether she cries me a river or blood for me leaving her because i learnt from the best and i only want to get better in it.

P:S: I don't like the word serial dating. I prefer you use the term " FRIENDS WITH BENEFIT grin, We hang out, have dinner, watch a movie, F****k ceaselessly for weeks and part ways unceremoniously and still regain my Singledom in between. 

Trust me am not in bondage but love to keep girls now in bandage grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Iman3(m): 12:36am On Jan 27, 2008
@lawyer

You have been emotionally damaged.Keep deceiving yourself grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by lawyer(m): 1:58am On Jan 27, 2008
I-man:

@lawyer

You have been emotionally damaged.Keep deceiving yourself grin

I agree and am sharing the damages charitably grin

Any problem with that? Do unto others what they do unto you! Is that too hard to understand? I don't care what you think about how emotionally damaged you think i am, but you have to agree that there is love in sharing such emotional damages around grin

The joy is being emotionally decieving my self and learning how to decieve other women.

Remember "FRIENDS WITH BENEFIT", You should try it, its fun!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 27, 2008
@ lawyer

You need to get yourself back.
Healing from a heart-break is not breaking other hearts, but being able to love again.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by lawyer(m): 2:49am On Jan 27, 2008
michelin89:

@ lawyer

You need to get yourself back.
Healing from a heart-break is not breaking other hearts, but being able to love again.

Thanks for your advice. The truth is that i am already healing and am loving again. Only this time i choose the aspect of making love more than actual love grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by TCUBE(m): 5:49am On Jan 27, 2008
Its not really fun being single. I feel lonely sometimes , but I realize that u just sometimes have to be alone,
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Dawid: 6:11am On Jan 27, 2008
being single is boring and frankly not worth it.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by uf4oma(f): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2008
lawyer:

I agree and am sharing the damages charitably grin

Any problem with that? Do unto others what they do unto you! Is that too hard to understand? I don't care what you think about how emotionally damaged you think i am, but you have to agree that there is love in sharing such emotional damages around grin

The joy is being emotionally decieving my self and learning how to decieve other women.

Remember "FRIENDS WITH BENEFIT", You should try it, its fun!

I am actually wondering how long ago this happened to you and why you would choose to still carry such baggage around. Do you enjoy it? You are not handling it well at all and the more you are in denial, the more entangled you will get. Bottom line: PLS GET OVER IT.

Dāwīḏ:

being single is boring and frankly not worth it.
MOAN, MOAN.
TCUBE:

Its not really fun being single. I feel lonely sometimes , but I realize that u just sometimes have to be alone,
WHINE WHINE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

After 1 Year, She Said Yes But....... / Please I Need Your Advice. Im In A Deep Shii... / Is It Wrong To Date My Friend’s Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.