Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? (15574 Views)

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / What Is The Best Thing You Enjoy Doing Most With You Girlfriend Or Boyfriend? / Ladies Why Do You Enjoy Kissing So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by tomX1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2008
For me being single has thus far been good for my fledging startups. It frees my mind from too much worries when ever I have to take a very risky biz descision because my potential losses are mine alone. I don't have to worry about mouths to feed, etc. I am willing to stake alot to achieve my goals and when my investments pay off it ussual is worth it. If I was married I'd probably have to thread safely every step of the way and that would realy be a drag for me.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by femwich(m): 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
no matter aw u take ur mind of loneliness, by using biz as a substitution u just in denial,very bad for the system cry
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by femwich(m): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2008
meanwhile am new here, aw do i send a topic?
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by babadee(m): 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2008
enjoy most?

not having to worry or think about anyone but myself!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by BTT(m): 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
femwich:

meanwhile am new here, aw do i send a topic?

Look at the base of this page. Can u c something like "SEND TOPIC"?

U may 1 2 click on it.

Ciao
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by femwich(m): 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2008
the topic option takes me to sending the topic to a friend, i mean aw do i send like a quetion to the forum
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by ayettymama(f): 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2008
I dont like being single cos i like sex!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by chichimma(f): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2008
I enjoy doing things on my own pace without anyone holding back or needing attention.
Reflext, meditate, visit girlfriends, excercise and shop as long as I want or can.

In short, I enjoy that I do not have to constantly justify and explain myself.
cheesy enjoy every bit of it, however , I will not mind finding the right  guy that I can enjoy all the above things still cheesy.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Emerald01: 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2008
nothing except freedom
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
So having sex has become a bad/negative thing? And no one wants to cut off or fill up the places.

If you stay for some time for singledom, you enjoy celibacy but when the time comes, you crave for an opposite sex's body and a place. I remember in Abuja, where one of my pals's pal  where always invited to do it with a 40-yr-old woman thanks to unemployment or underemployment sef. Initially, my pal encouraged going to honor the woman's invitations which were regular though but in the night his pal won't sleep like him. He would make sure he satisfied this woman cos' she complained of loneliness but which has its real meaning as 'come and have me'. But my pal will be sleeping like a log, when his pal is in trouble, when his pal started refusing going to the lady's place, my pal protested cos' they enjoy good and quality meals, but hey his pal told him, to pay for the goodies while you are asleep is no picnic oh.

All these ladies talking blah blah blah now, will later want a man to get them all the satisfactions (probably from multiple men) they are deliberately abstaining from. Four rounds no go dey do them by that time and age.Mak I believe so na Sweet 16s den dey talk this one now.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by realkemmy(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2008
being single helps me concentrate more
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by TheSly: 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2008
i can come home anytime i like without being questioned
more concentration about my career and my personal life

and finally, i still eat all the xmas turkeys,all the xmas and new year gifts alone without sharing with nobody because im very very greedy just like the tortoise cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Delta007(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2008
The only peeps who have a sigh of relief at being single are those who were in disastrous relationships. Apart from that, there's nothing to enjoy being single; that's why it's normal for a decent human being to have friends, most peeps who think they benefit from being single are the desperate ones who are fronting or peeps who didnt know why they were in a relationship in the first place. I see comments like "freedom to do whatever", You dont go into a relationship to restrict urself, u ought to be with someone that compliments you. The keyword there is "compliment".
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by menike(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
watch Indecency grin grin grin grin grin grin

drink n' scream fu*ck tha cops grin grin grin grin

Havin' a 3some grin grin grin grin

Smoke all day - that takes the pain n' stress grin grin grin grin

One night stands (Dammn hw did that come last on my list) grin grin grin grin

[center]I ain't single[/center]
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Bawss1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2008
One of the best part of being single is being able to spend your money entirely on urself. No more "please send me credit" and all that ,
The feeling is something akin to being released from prison, like a new lease on life, like emotional liberation. I mean you can play the X360 all day without someone keeping a long face that you've "abandoned" her. You can stay out as long as you like, have sole control of the remote and, almost forgot, no one is going to want to be dropped off somewhere in your car. Ah, the sweet sweet single life! grin cheesy wink
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by mssiah(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2008
If you are below 21 there is nothing wrong with you being single.

If you above 28 and you are happy being single,then there is a problem.Consult your psychiatrist
But if your single and hoping to break out soon,then thats healthy.
You don't always have to be contented with the situation you find yourself.
Remember if you seek you will find,if you don't you'll never.

If you feel being single is safer,then your totally wrong.Life is full of challenges and if you shy away from challenges then you are a looser.
Being single is unhealthy in all ramification.Especially if your above football age.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
Nairaland is for lovers cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by dollyp1cute(f): 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2008
Delta007:

The only peeps who have a sigh of relief at being single are those who were in disastrous relationships. Apart from that, there's nothing to enjoy being single; that's why it's normal for a decent human being to have friends, most peeps who think they benefit from being single are the desperate ones who are fronting or peeps who didnt know why they were in a relationship in the first place. I see comments like "freedom to do whatever", You don't go into a relationship to restrict yourself, u ought to be with someone that compliments you. The keyword there is "compliment".

The topic is not about whether it is better to be single or be in a relationship.

Whatever position you are in, there will always be a benefit if you choose to see that.

You sound like you will be miserable if you are single!

If that is the case you are the one with issues hiding under the canopy of relationship tongue.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by uspry1(f): 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2008
I enjoy the most about being single after finalized divorce are: freedom, stress-free from past marriage/relationship, money saving to buy foods/things only 2 people (me and my son), and whatever I want to do with my life.

Nobody tells me what to do!

No more worry/headache about financial burden!

No more nagging, threaten, fear and argument from husband/bf.

No more work for someone at BIG BOYS COMPANIES.(I am self-employed working at home.)
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by chikibaybi(f): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2008
The fact that u dont av to fear whether ur bf is watching you or will pick ur phone and read your text messages when you enter the bath. The fact that you don't have to fear broken heart because it wont come. the fact that you can come home and do whatever u want to do without thinking whether ur partner might like this or that. the fact that you can chose your friends, both ladies and guys and your bf will not frown at your male friends
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by chrysler(m): 2:40am On Jan 23, 2008
What i enjoy most most abt being single?, uhmmm, i say it is the best life a man can ever live, a life free of maga display or mugun display such as:

1.Buy me recharge card and after u buy them they still give u missed call for the guy to call dem back and then we call them back,they tell us the recharge card went through

2.Can you give me some money for me to travel to see my relatives and when we give them,they end up going to another man and since that p***y they got doesn`t read metre nw, u don`t know and you ve already paid the money of "omogo"

3.Too numerous to mention

As long as you re in relationship with a girl,u got no choice at one point in time be a mugun and you remember Bryan Adams saying he is a fool for Diana Ross and he says he doesn`t mind (Endless Luv Song), This is one reason why i like all these old artists,they speak facts.

So guys, as long as you want to enjoy relationship with a girl,enjoy being mugun at certain points in time but you don`t go through all these shits if u re single men
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by ruudgal: 3:17am On Jan 23, 2008
i guess, its personal time, dedicated to loving yourself and developing yourself, emotions and character not only for yourself but for whomever comes into your life afterwards,

theres nothing as wonderful as having personal time,
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 5:33am On Jan 23, 2008
Time to explore - people, places, etc.
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by hollandis(f): 8:42am On Jan 23, 2008
Being Single
Wow I enjoy this
1.) Nuff Cash
Most Millionaires had their break though during the single episode of their lives i'm not selfish o grin tongue

2.) Chop and Shop alone No Shopping for 2 this is best so far tongue

3.)No emotional attachment This one na lie sha

4.) Work,Work ,Work I 'm the most workaholic at work and the most popular single

5.) My nights are occupied i bring official work home intentionally ,so dont welcome terrible thots

6.) NO fear of HIV,STD,Pregnancy, e.t.c

7.) Variety of friends without restrictions

8.) Leaving in the morning,returning late at Night

9.) Visit the Orphanage ,when I feel sorry 4 myself i told u ,no time to reflect on bad things

10.)Sundays and Friday Nights are the most Dangerous days shocked shocked
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 23, 2008
Freedom,Not having to live up to anyone's expectation or carry anyone's emotional baggage,was with someone who kept saying,my ex did that my ex did that.
i had to be like the ex and not do what he ex did,in the end was the sucker,now am free,dont worry so much,sleep well.
People tend to downplay what emotions a bad relationship could do to u,it could do more harm than good,just today Heath Ledger died,he broke up with his wife,and turned to drugs, i say this becos i even thot about sucide.
Now its so far from my mind.
i have myself now,i can halla and curse and be myself.not a phantom ex.it
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by TINO4RMIKJ: 9:29am On Jan 23, 2008
Well is too bad to be single because it turns you to a good tester. I am happy to realize my mistakes because I was once a BABA AGBA for all the clubs in IKEJA like DO IT ALL, PAGE , COLUSIUM , METRO PACK, Q NITE CLUB and etc I know bebes in the club are  missing me , but am sorry i am married  grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by onyekang1(f): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2008
freedom!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 23, 2008
onyeka_ng:

freedom!
Freedom to be canned roundly at random is good oh!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by sweetchick(f): 10:11am On Jan 23, 2008
Wellllllllllllllll, am single at ther moment and its fun but being part of a couple is really great and i sure am looking forward to it
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by mamalaj(f): 10:15am On Jan 23, 2008
Beign single is fun,it allows u do things and u dont feel guilty abt them e.g---sleeping with whoever u feel like,going out when u want,yes that reminds me,u dont have to lie to save urself from quarrels with ur partner,Beign single is the bomb sha,
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by efuah(f): 10:38am On Jan 23, 2008
Just the freedom!

@Busta, i can't agree less. . . fun at first, boring later. . . hmmmm, so true!
Re: What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single? by luvus: 10:49am On Jan 23, 2008
@all

well i consider myself fulfulled from being single at least for now.

Being single has afforded me the opportuinty to "stop, look before leaping" into another rxt.
being single has made me to realise that d rxt i was in was outward only (facial beauty, fornication, just to go tasting around)
being single saved me some moneies and now i am spending on me, making my fridge rich, bought satelite 4 me, get home to relax and not think of anyone.

and being single is helping me to start planning the the next rxt should be entered not by emotions but reasoning and undersanding the other person.
being single helps me to ask questions about preparing for the life after marriage.
being single helps to understand me rxt to me, God, opp sex etc
being single helps me to realize that what i can't stop now being single i can't stop after marriage, so am taking the initiative to stop so many wrong,

yes being single atimes makes u want some one but i alsways ask "for what?" just fornication? then not worth it,

being single [size=8pt]is for me a positive way for now[/size]

so if u think being single is selfishness, childish, cowardice or what ever, thats upto u but its he who wheres the shoe that knows where it hurts,

but note, my singleness is a preparation to move into a conscious relationship which will lead to marriage and not just for fornication.
shaloooom!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice. Im In A Deep Shii... / Is It Wrong To Date My Friend’s Ex / Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.