Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? (46351 Views)

What Would You Do If Your Blind Date Showed Up Looking Like This? / Share Your Blind Date And Online "Runs" Experience Here. / Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Tallest45(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mikocake:
Haha..u no be gud person ooh

I be good person o....atleast i noe abandon d girl,switch my fone go house grin
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by drnoel: 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lol, I just said...."OK"!!!! Cos they went to bring this very fat mammoth of a woman cos they where told black guys love fat women. I was just nice but didn't stay long, they didn't understand why I was aloaf till they met my girl friend. Anyway, that was a long time ago

1 Like

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by drnoel: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2013
chokl8candie: my 1st and last blind date happened abt 3years ago. The guy sounded so gd on fone i imagined he'd b as fine as Taye diggs. 1st of all when he arrived to see me he refused to get out of the car so i ws doubting my confidence in his appearance a lil but i still had hope smiley. I gathered courage n went downstairs n opened d car door n hell ws i overwhelmed at what appeared before me. Sitting in the car was a guy wiv the hugest n buldgiest looking eyes i had ever seen it seemed they wer gnna pop out And to mke situations worse he ws extremely lanky,cud hv passed for an aids patient. But what got me taking to my heels was when i asked y he refused to get out of the car and he said he ''drove without shoes!'' . Every feelin i thot i had for him totally vanished within a minute of seeing him ...ever since dat experience i hv refused any opportunity to go on blind dates. I prefare meeting guys the normal way, thus seeing dem b4 getting to know dem
Wonder wat is wrong with a guy driving without shoes. One of my relatives likes driving without shoes.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Licensed2Kill(m): 7:45am On Sep 28, 2013
Lets keep it comin. . . .im sure most of you who's bn peepin got somtn to say
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by goldfish80(m): 10:25am On Sep 28, 2013
This experience is not directly mine,but I played an active role in it... Here it goes:

Some years back (2005 or thereof), My closest pally hooked a girl from yahoo messanger chatroom,things got off well for them,they exchanged number,shared pics,sex chatting bla bla bla...but they never got involved on webcam chats,* i think*. Well days became weeks and before I could say "knife" they have already setup a meet.I asked him(James) to calm down and chill for awhile but he he didn't listen,he was in lust/love *whatever*.

Finally the D-day came,the lady was meant to travel from Benin/Warri *memory foggy* to Enugu. She finally arrived around 7pm and told James she was at the park. James chattered a cab and off we went to pick her. On getting to the motor park he called her and asked her to get down from the bus,but she insisted he came to the bus(she was the only remaining passenger sitting n the bus),he boldly walked to the bus,I followed suit and behold,she was on 2 crutches! All i could hear James mutter was "you could have told me it was like this na",I stood in awe. shocked He lied to her that he wants to get airtime and immediately tapped me to follow him.

Well needless to say we didn't come back. About 2hrs later My friend got a call from a strange number.The lady introduced herself as a recharge card seller and begged My friend to send her 1500 mtn recharge voucher so she could be able to get accomodation for the lady to spend the night.I pressured him to send 2 vouchers of 1500 each, he did. I really felt bad and empathy on the poor girl,but I was a bit helpless.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Mikocake(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2013
^^
Dear me!! I think the girl should have let the guy know about her physical state..I won't blame the guy, who wouldn't have done the same?? The girl should be blamed here.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Licensed2Kill(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2013
goldfish80: This experience is not directly mine,but I played an active role in it... Here it goes:

Some years back (2005 or thereof), My closest pally hooked a girl from yahoo messanger chatroom,things got off well for them,they exchanged number,shared pics,sex chatting bla bla bla...but they never got involved on webcam chats,* i think*. Well days became weeks and before I could say "knife" they have already setup a meet.I asked him(James) to calm down and chill for awhile but he he didn't listen,he was in lust/love *whatever*.

Finally the D-day came,the lady was meant to travel from Benin/Warri *memory foggy* to Enugu. She finally arrived around 7pm and told James she was at the park. James chattered a cab and off we went to pick her. On getting to the motor park he called her and asked her to get down from the bus,but she insisted he came to the bus(she was the only remaining passenger sitting n the bus),he boldly walked to the bus,I followed suit and behold,she was on 2 crutches! All i could hear James mutter was "you could have told me it was like this na",I stood in awe. shocked He lied to her that he wants to get airtime and immediately tapped me to follow him.

Well needless to say we didn't come back. About 2hrs later My friend got a call from a strange number.The lady introduced herself as a recharge card seller and begged My friend to send her 1500 mtn recharge voucher so she could be able to get accomodation for the lady to spend the night.I pressured him to send 2 vouchers of 1500 each, he did. I really felt bad and empathy on the poor girl,but I was a bit helpless.
ouch! Dats gross. . .i cant help buh pity the gal. . .buh i guess she had it comin d moment she decided to hide her conditions.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by goldfish80(m): 11:06am On Sep 28, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:

ouch! Dats gross. . .i cant help buh pity the gal. . .buh i guess she had it comin d moment she decided to hide her conditions.
Yes she was wrong not to have disclosed her conditon,but as rational human beings we didn't handle the situation well.she came from a far distance and we left her at the mercy of touts who could rape/rob her at the motor park wasnt cool atall.I guess we were being tenagers, with the rush of blood and irrational reasoning.I still judge myself till date.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by gunners160(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2013
goldfish80: This experience is not directly mine,but I played an active role in it... Here it goes:

wat a date.i dnt blame d ladi dat much.1st tellin sum1 u love ur flawes 1 gets scared of d person leavin.nd since u say u guys were teenagers den i can nt also blame ur frnd 2.i am wooin 1 ladi online as of recent hp she no get k legcheesy.all dsame i don see her full photo alreadywink
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Licensed2Kill(m): 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
goldfish80:
Yes she was wrong not to have disclosed her conditon,but as rational human beings we didn't handle the situation well.she came from a far distance and we left her at the mercy of touts who could rape/rob her at the motor park wasnt cool atall.I guess we were being tenagers, with the rush of blood and irrational reasoning.I still judge myself till date.
well you could comfort yourself with the fact that it wasnt your decision to make. It was your friend's call. . .im not the right guy to apportion blames. Granted what your friend did was a lil bit uncalled for buh the gal too took a big gamble which didnt pay up...well that has always bn the bane of blind date. . .we all have some levels of expectations that must be met while hopin our date too find us acceptable

1 Like

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Kirinwa: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
mumumugu: My first date , we met in 2go, she uploads her finer pics , face only.

When we agreed to meet, i wore a sunshade and sighted her from far. She was shoooooooooooooort, 4ft 10 inches. I switched off my phone,made u turn and deleted her frm 2go

Guy you re wicked o grin Go back and take your consignment o.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Kirinwa: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
*clears throat*
@wasak nd chocl8candie. . .the spirit tells me u two ar abt to start another blind date "saga" ryt here. . .kindly inform+update nd report back on how it goes.
*chuckles*

The Prophet has spoken. grin
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Kirinwa: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
chokl8candie:
Ghana

Let's hookup dear.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
I had just pulled the plug on a relationship that was on life support for too long and needed a fresh start. I put myself out there and got a call from many but got hooked by a particular voice. He has the nicest voice ever(totally big on voice)

After a lot of phone calls, I fell inlove with him and put a face in my mind to the voice. Fast forward a few days later(couldn't wait any longer) we decided to meet. Whew! He had prepared me as much as he could about his look( tall, dark and solid) me him( very slim, tall and dark)

Alas, I sat for close to an hour waiting for him to show up which had already given me a bad impression about him. Then a certain tall big guy dressed in very faded numbers walked in and ask if I were "her", another strike. See me smiling kindly and getting the gentle delete phrases ready in my head. We got talking and the voice kept me captivated until I started thinking about the "toosh my bf up options". Yeah, decided that a wardrobe change is the only thing he needs after we cleared the air on punctuality...I'm so glad that I was wise enough to see beyond the cloths as my baby is sooo handsome and coveted.

By the way, I wanted a kiss by the time the date was over...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
@ Moreeni

I'm a sucker for well written and spoken English, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your piece I bow and tremble wink wink. I'm also glad you looked beyond his outfit.

@ Topic

I practically shy away from social networking sites that sort of encourage these blind dates not because I despise them or feel above them, but I'm a private and reserved person who likes to meet people face to face rather than face to book like facebook. I've had one blind date which resulted from answering a friend's call while she was in the shower.

The speaker on the other end of the phone ( like Moreeni ) was instantly tripped by my voice and wanted to know more about me from my friend. We eventually met and my first reaction was shocked shocked shocked she had it going on but to cut a long story short we had a whirl wind romance that lasted for 3 months, my date was too hot & short tempered for things to last longer than that.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Mikocake(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Rejoice5000(f): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
My first and last blind date,he has been calling u know and am hopping that all will be well, that faithful day we had appointment at sizzlers fast food.oh........to my surprise when the guy came God!! one of his leg is bigger than the other.after that day i run 4 my life.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Kirinwa: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2013
drnoel:
Wonder wat is wrong with a guy driving without shoes. One of my relatives likes driving without shoes.

You don't get it.He left his shoes to go see some girl.Doesn't make sense.
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Licensed2Kill(m): 6:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Rejoice5000: My first and last blind date,he has been calling u know and am hopping that all will be well, that faithful day we had appointment at sizzlers fast food.oh........to my surprise when the guy came God!! one of his leg is bigger than the other.after that day i run 4 my life.
gals shall not live by a man's legs alone buh by. . .
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by twosquare(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
LWTMB for this thread oooo....chai.... grin
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Mikocake(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pls more contributions. The one I was hoping to meet didn't pan out well so no stories from me for now..I will soon embark on my journey again maybe facebook this time grin
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Geehan(f): 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Cynluv: I met my blind date on fbk,we dated like 2yrs on fbk b4 I visited him @ ph.we are ˚c☺☺l° now. And about getting married. grin
wow cool grin
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by lilTunechi(m): 12:03am On Oct 02, 2013
Met mine jst last year. Mid 2012 to be exact. My frnd told me he hukd me up wit one of his secondary skul classmate. He lied 2 ha dt i was crazy abt ha, always takn' abt ha. He shared us on 2go. We were chatting for almst 3 mnth then i decide we shud meet. What baffles me much is she neva upload her pic or evn snd me her pic. We fixd a date cos we live close'. So my frnd nd i trekd 2 ha place. My frnd cald ha cos my ba3 was flat nd tld ha we were outside. Bt wen i saw ha, me wey no tall like dat cum c pesin wey short pass me. Ha face dy like iya rainbow own con join bodi like starvd kenyan kids. I xtdnd my hand for a handshake d gal cum dy tel me she no dy shake na only hug sh dy hug. I manage hug, chat 4 like ten minutes cn tel ha i wn dy Go. I left and since then we hardly contact eachoda. Its like she wants me back cos she's stalking me, bt gaskiya i CAN'T FIT.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by robonski15(m): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2013

6 Likes

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by dazz661(f): 7:28am On Oct 02, 2013
robonski15: This happened to my roomate back in uni-days.. He met this girl through a wrong number dial bt they became friends.. My roomate was so into this girl and with the help of mtn mid nite calls it made matters worse for me because they talk at midnite every blessed day and he disturbs my sleep with the calls.. There was even a time he had ear problems because of the frequent mid nite calls..

*fastforward* after abt a year of calls and sex chat she told my guy to send our address in details, and he sent a detailed description.. One cool afternoon our neigbours called my guy from the window that one woman was asking of him, he stepped out to to see who she was lo and behold he met one fat, short and to make matters worse she was limping.. She was his blind date.. My roomate almost collapsed..

When I saw her I almost laughed out loud instantly but I just had to hold it.. She stayed with my guy for good 3 days because she came all the way from warri.. He could not take her out only at nights grin.. She begged my guy for sex for the 3days she stayed, he refused oooo.. She even begged me to help me talk to my friend..
Choi! I cannot fit shout..... the guy enter one chance embarassed embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by robonski15(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2013

6 Likes

Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Mikocake(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2013
Cool stories..haha
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by greedie1(f): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
chei!!!! guys..... who go com.date ugly girls na grin
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2013
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by yeyeman92(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2013
Which dey pple brain go ripe for this country ?
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Licensed2Kill(m): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2013
Wow. . .i knew i was gon make front page. . .what took you so long mods. . .lol
Re: How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 02, 2013
I will tell you mind hopefully by next week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

7 Silly Mistakes Made By Nigerian Ladies When They Fall In Love Too Fast / "Every Man Nowadays Wants Sex On The First Day" - A Beautiful Lady Cries Out / Silly Things You Did To Please Your Woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.