Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,514 members, 7,847,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? (42257 Views)

Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Asking Your Boyfriend For Money / Question To Ask My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
lirusehn: so wot u finking of doing?
nt doing anything, just wnt to let you know u aint better

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
Caracta:

Yes o. Biko teach me. Wetin be b.i.s? Na chewing gum? Will you buy for me?

Ninnyhammer!
grin grin grin.she is a bush geh sef. angry angry
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
you are clearly misinterpreting everything.
If I get your post.. you said, we have no right to advise you since we are not saints...
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
@mizzocho if ur boyfriend cant pay ur rent, abeg leave and look for some one dat can take care of you. Come to me and I will rent a house for u jare.
every relationship have expectations pls let him know urs.

2 Likes

ngozievergreen:

Well, 4 months are too short sha.
But u know S.ex for money/favours can also cover the house rent depending on the size of the money given.
U don carry this matter for head o, na u be the kyn boyfriend to the OP?
Well me i don't know oo i have never paid for my sex or any kinda service related but if my babe ask i give without any stress, cuz we've been together at least more than 4 months , no i just don't like seeing women being cheapened in one way or the other. i respect womanhood because i was raised only by a woman and no father. so yes i take things like this serious
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lirusehn(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
vivichocs: nt doing anything, just wnt to let you know u aint better
i see. Ask ur bf 2 pay ur rent.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by delpee(f): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
@poster
You need to be sure of the kind of guy you are dating and if you are ready to be with him for a while. If he pays your rent and you leave him shortly after, he may feel used and dumped. Not everyone forgives easily, remember! Its different if you are married, its his responsibility to provide shelter then.

Frankly, I have never liked being so dependent on anyone, no special reason and I am not pontificating. I just believe a human being earns more respect when he/she learns to face up to life's battles without always looking out for someone to lean on. We need each other truly but over dependence can be destructive.

Put in another way, suppose the guy is unable to pay due to some adversity or more pressing needs, will you leave him? The best option is to maintain a standard of living that you can maintain come rain or shine (barring extreme unforeseen circumstances). I am not being pessimistic and i certainly wish you the very best but I have had to counsel some young divorces and widows. The bottom line is that usually they had adjusted to standards of life that they had no idea/plan of how to sustain.

A man who can not provide for his wife is worse than an infidel according to the holy books but then, if you are a christian, read Proverbs 31:10-31 for a balanced view. I wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by tosinjoe(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
I can spend hell, for my gf, Wen I notice shez broke, I do a refill, buh it pisses me off to d extreme anytime she asks for labelled fees like 'money to make my hair and d sorts', dear op, it is nt ur right to ask ur boyfriend for money buh at d same time, if ur boyfrnd cannot respond to ur affordable needs by only observation, den break up with him
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
mekula:

I think the bolded paragraph is her BF's job description...and she can't wait to partake in the largesse. Ride on girl!
and the higlighted part is your descprition smiley
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
delpee: @poster
You need to be sure of the kind of guy you are dating and if you are ready to be with him for a while. If he pays your rent and you leave him shortly after, he may feel used and dumped. Not everyone forgives easily, remember! Its different if you are married, its his responsibility to provide shelter then.

Frankly, I have never liked being so dependent on anyone, no special reason and I am not pontificating. I just believe a human being earns more respect when he/she learns to face up to life's battles without always looking out for someone to lean on. We need each other truly but over dependence can be destructive.

Put in another way, suppose the guy is unable to pay due to some adversity or more pressing needs, will you leave him? The best option is to maintain a standard of living that you can maintain come rain or shine (barring extreme unforeseen circumstances). I am not being pessimistic and i certainly wish you the very best but I have had to counsel some young divorces and widows. The bottom line is that usually they had adjusted to standards of life that they had no idea/plan of how to sustain.

A man who can not provide for his wife is worse than an infidel according to the holy books but then, if you are a christian, read Proverbs 31:10-31 for a balanced view. I wish you the very best.

Just reading this already lets me know this is a matured person and someone that doesn't post on NL Romance Section regularly this comment stands out remarkably kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Caracta(f): 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
Monstertrucks: grin grin grin.she is a bush geh sef. angry angry

shocked

How did you figure that out so quick? You are so smart. You must be a genius!
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Orikinla(m): 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
99.99% OF NIGERIAN GIRLFRIENDS ARE SPONGERS.

Only a lazy bitch sponges on guys.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by GentleMimi: 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
lirusehn: still standin on it. Dey all same. Buh we still ave great ladies. All ladies aint great. We ave WOE-MeN and Women
You are really confused! If there are ''great ladies'' out there,then ladies cannot ''all'' be the same.You use the word ''all'' when there are no exceptions.It aint rocket science!
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Orikinla: 99.99% OF NIGERIAN GIRLFRIENDS ARE SPONGERS.

Only a lazy bitch sponges on guys.

99.99% !! am assuming this statistics came from a ministry somewhere ?, that's a bit harsh to lump every female into one category. have you met 99.99% of the female population, or is this some random number generation ?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
GentleMimi:
You are really confused! If there are ''great ladies'' out there,then ladies cannot ''all'' be the same.You use the word ''all'' when there are no exceptions.Its aint rocket science!

i thought i was the only one that noticed grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lirusehn(m): 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
can sombdy plz tell her 2 rmov d Money frm rent Money itz more or less repetition.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
and the higlighted part is your descprition smiley

Sorry grams, I don't see it.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by iropelebe(m): 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
pc guru:

Yes as much you are right, there's no law that i know that says x amount of time before you spend now you see that hints on the idea that the man voluntarily gives on his own accord, however the OP statement and i quote

This post denotes that the guy has a responsibility which denotes "almost compulsory" in other words mandatory to fulfil her obligation. not saying its wrong because that itself is relative to the individual, but my question is "isn't that too early to start for such" yes or no ?

No,I do not think there is anytime too early.
It is just like saying there should be a specified time to fall in love when you and I know it comes naturally. smiley
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Caracta:

shocked

How did you figure that out so quick? You are so smart. You must be a genius!
this is then usually the point where u say u love me soo much nd u can't wait to kiss me. kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Men will tell your what they are entitled to in a woman. The physique, the personality and background. When a woman however points out what she desires or wants in a man, so long men feel its to their detriment or its not favourable to them, they will condemn it. If a man finds most of the qualities he needs in a woman, why cant a woman choose a man who suits her desires too?

Most men desire the youth and beauty of a woman and women in return will kill themselves in the gym, beauty products and surgeries just to give the man she loves an illusion of what he desires. What do men do in return? In most cases he wont even bother with his physique or remind his wife of why they fell in love in the first place. What will be the exucse for this? We are not getting any younger, we are becoming too old for some of these things.

The same men who believe a woman is never too old to look young, vibrate and beautiful are the same men who believe they do not have to put in the same or even half the effort in the relationship.

Yet another person will tell me what i do and do not have the right to, but when another person places his expectations on the table, i am expected to meet them.

5 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
lirusehn: can sombdy plz tell her 2 rmov d Money frm rent Money itz more or less repetition.
Well Rent is the service for the use of a good or product so its correct, form of payment can be made for a rent, Sex can be one, there are many forms in which can be payed for services other than cash s Rent Money is correct.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lirusehn(m): 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
GentleMimi:
You are really confused! If there are ''great ladies'' out there,then ladies cannot ''all'' be the same.You use the word ''all'' when there are no exceptions.Its aint rocket science!
ALL LADIES ARE SAME ALL GREAT LADIES ARE SAME. chikenah

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by roymary: 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
@Op

I'm on your side. If i'm fvclking you then i'll be ready to pay part of your bills. If he wouldn't pay then he has no right to ask for nacking.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by joeekuns(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Richiy: Dearie, am certain u must have a job (how else did yu afford the previous rent?). Firstly, there is nothing wrong that you want to ask ur bf for your rent. It may be urgent nd important to you. But, just dont sit down and wonder when to ask him. Do something first. There is always a way to everything. If yu cnt still pool in enuff resources, then if yu r sure it wont be an incovinience, discuss the issue wt him. U guys wud definately come up wt sumtin. That is how people in love act. They talk abt issues.
My sister i strongly support you and your sense of maturity. Everything you said is right on point.
@OP: I respect your being calm and collect even after all the criticism but the truth about this life is your approach (and activity/employ status), your manner of approach matters alot. Truth be told no man right now likes a lazy woman(all men are looking for independent ladies) so the main question is are you independent? If you are and probably in a little bit of crisis then you need not ask before he supports you, because when there is true love between the both of you then you do things for each other. If you're of the concept that he has sex with you so he needs to pay your rent then that means you do not love him(when there is love in sex it's called love making) then that would mean you need to re-evaluate your relationship...that would also mean studying your guy to know if he's the caring type (cos some guys are not just caring).
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Darkhorse007(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hello? Do you mean to say your boyfriend or your "husband"?
When did a boyfriend become fully responsible for the lady he merely dates? Where is your parents, or probably your relatives?

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
lirusehn: ALL LADIES ARE SAME ALL GREAT LADIES ARE SAME. chikenah

But if all ladies are the same then there are no great ladies because great hints on a selection of ladies in contrast to the general population unless you specify a strata of ladies that are the same.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lirusehn(m): 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
pc guru:
Well Rent is the service for the use of a good or product so its correct, form of payment can be made for a rent, Sex can be one, there are many forms in which can be payed for services other than cash s Rent Money is correct.

RENT- a payment made periodically [s]by a tenant to a landlord or owner 4 d occupation or use of land,buildings, or by user for the use od oda property.[/s] # as dfined by Collins English. adding Money is rpeating dat same ish

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
When I saw the topic. I honestly thought it was some joke. Your wrong in 2ways.

Your attitude is off, you sound like he owes you something and He must give by force

Secondly, most of your reasons and excuses are off a few were reasonable but most made no sense

On the flip side, myb u just wanted to sound tough or something n u may not go about it the waay you have painted it in here.

That being said, I have seen a few things in this world. Some men pay rents, buy expensive fones and all other sophisticated things for gurls they are wooing much less gurls they are actually dating. It happens, and these men aren't ghosts they exist. How they reason ? I don't know. How girls get them to do such? I don't know.

So my dear its your life, its your relationship. You know him if he can afford to pay your rent and your sincerely in need you can ask him. It can go four ways.

1)Either he realises that your a love peddler and runs for his dear life

2)He realises your really in need and he can afford or contribute to help you.

3)He realises you are just using him, he stil pays your rent but he starts acting like you shld be at his every beck and call or acts like he owns you

4)He is just a cheerful giver one of those who give out sophisticated things like its nothing n when they dump you they don't even feel the money they spent

P.s if his response his number 2, then he must have come to the conclusion that your responsible, aren't lazy and your really in need of his assitance.your manner of presentation will also help. The way you paint it in your topic is a no no and a turn off.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by GentleMimi: 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
lirusehn: ALL LADIES ARE SAME ALL GREAT LADIES ARE SAME. chikenah
Lol! I like the way the way u keep spinning the ''confusion web''. You make absolutely no sense.Look at this equation
a)Eq 1:All ladies are the same
b)Eq 2:All great ladies are the same
c)to balance Eq 1nd 2, Eq3= All ladies are great ladies.
shikena!
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lirusehn(m): 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
pc guru:

But if all ladies are the same then there are no great ladies because great hints on a selection of ladies in contrast to the general population unless you specify a strata of ladies that are the same.
is *Sense* and *ill sensed* samefin? #jez answer

2 Likes

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
sd
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lirusehn(m): 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
GentleMimi:
Lol! I like the way the way u keep spinning the ''confusion web''. You make absolutely no sense.Look at this equation
a)Eq 1:All ladies are the same
b)Eq 2:All great ladies are the same
c)to balance Eq 1nd 2, Eq3= All ladies are great ladies.
shikena!
hey son if all ladies ar great. Where lies d OP? Smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

The Wife Of The Kitchen Stool Headmaster Speaks About The Sextape Saga (video) / Lady Praises Her Sugar Daddy For Always Taking Care Of Her & Giving Her His ATM / Man Surprises Girlfriend With Proposal And Marriage Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.