Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,217 members, 7,849,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? (42271 Views)

Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money / Asking Your Boyfriend For Money / Question To Ask My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Acidosis(m): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
..but Op, are you writting some projects or what?

Seems you're trying to get people's opinion.. questionnaire thingz grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
Caracta:

I give up! I'm beginning to think you are a spambot afterall. First, i need you to point out the part that gave you the impression that i generalized.

Then, i need you to go back to my first post on this thread where i told you i am not here to judge you because some of us have probably done worse things. Then you come back an offer an apology for making such stup!d deductions.

Can't you read simple sentences? Huh?

Caracta: Moreover, you have no RIGHT to his money. Stop making it sound like he is owing you. What are you selling biko?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Moxie4lyf(m): 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
This OP is just shameless...it's not bad asking for favours when pressed but the way you sound, like u just got a job with him....
And the most annoying thing be say she dey try to prove her point...
Ur p.u.n.a.n.i must be worth the price of an apartment rent then; so cheap
#laffing in chinese
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lemmings(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
how many favours have u rewarded your boyfriend with sex?
He gives pampers, later one you give him the best sex ever!
He buys you flowers and takes you for a nice dinner dat, next day you will go to his house with sexy lingirie and you give him a show?
He tells you you sexy when you dance or when you have that brown weave on... You feel flattered and next thing, you hit it in the bedroom grin

wink just because u do it differently, does that mean you should also give yourself a brain?

Lol.. He gave, den she gave..

Not she asked, den he gave, and she gave..

You just answered ur question..

but i'll give u a clearer answer, i'll be sincere and truthful.. There's never a right time, dearie.

4months,10years into a relationship. NEVER. We get married, why would you need to rent another house? What's wrong with ours?

Before marriage? Naah.. Ask him, he might just give you,but believe me, he'll look at you from a new perspective. A negative one. I really, sincerely advice you sugar, don't ask any guy that question. Try and avoid it infact. If you must, 'sweetcakes,my rent is due soon, and it's 350k. I've got 180k and i was wondering if you please help me out in anyway'... Na him conscience go judge am sef.. Atleast uv shown some respectablity with hustling that much. He'll understand.

So sugarlips,please.. Don't ask. Okay? Sweetdreams tonight darl. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by lertee(f): 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
iropelebe:
If he has the money and it won't affect him he can pay your house rent there's no big deal in that. Just stay true to him and be faithful.
Men do more for women they cherish,they go as far as buying lands,cars and houses.
You can find a time he is in a good mood then ask him for anything,if he cna afford it,he will do for you,if he loves you he will do anything for you. Don't mind all these broke boys writing rubbish,don't mind the girls calling you names as well,they are unlucky girls and they are used to meeting broke boys.
smiley
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
freecocoa: Let's not misunderstand ourselves my love, I never for once said its okay to leech off one's bf, what I'm saying is that partners ask each other for help(monetary\otherwise)so people should quit acting like the OP committed a crime against humanity.

She may have presented her case in the wrong way but then her mentality is one many girls have so people should chill with the name calling, daz all.
To hell with presentation .Sweerie, dat mentality is WRONG! Come on!!! U don't have sex with ur bf and expect him to pay for it do you? U don't have sex with your bf for favours do u? I agree partners do ask each for help, but! When gals like the op start spreading their legs in return for money,dats ashewoism to the power of infinity.

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Caracta(f): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
so long you are aware that the definition of judging includes "to form an opnion of" and "to declare after consideration". You might also have to consult a dictionary before you make your feeble decuctions

No, i won't go down that road with you. I refuse to. I wonder why you even opened the thread because it seems you have it all figured out. You can only be advised, we can't force our opinions down your throat. Your life, your choice honey.

All the best. By the way, you need to read the story of a certain "bed guy" here on NL. We are proud to have you as the "bed girl". What a perfect love story cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by CHIMSKY(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
You still have your girlfriends asking you to do them favours after they cook, clean or spend a good time with you, i believe the same label you are stamping on me is the exact same label you should be stamping on your girlfriend smiley

Men want a woman who can prove themselves worthy before they take her to the alter, a good cook and someone who can make him have a great time in bed, a good and hygienic wife and mother. why can't i have a man prove that he is a good provider before accepting to walk down the aisle for?

Does this mean women have to accept whatever comes their way, whereas women have to be put through some tests before they are considered to be wife material?
Food for thought
Only 4 months down the road and you are already asking for rent money.Have you no shame?Dont you have any pride as a woman?
It is people like you who commoditize womanhood.Tomorrow you will complain that he treats you like chattel.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Caracta:

No, i won't go down that road with you. I refuse to. I wonder why you even opened the thread because it seems you have it all figured out. You can only be advised, we can't force our opinions down your throat. Your life, your choice honey.

All the best. By the way, you need to read the story of a certain "bed guy" here on NL. We are proud to have you as the "bed girl". What a perfect love story cheesy
you are still going to continue to claim that you are not here to judge?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Caracta(f): 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
you are still going to continue to claim that you are not here to judge?

Lol...you don't even know the story yet. Wait o...is it what i am thinking? undecided

Anyway, i say again, "You have no RIGHT whatsoever to his money". If he wants to give you, fine. No qualms. Now, that is my judgement! Happy now? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sometimes when I go out to bars alone to maybe eat and have a drink and probably eat, then I see "men" dishing out money and ordering this and that for their gfs just to make them happy. To me it's just dumb because most Naija girls are just not worth it. The average Nigerian girls attitude is a dependent one. You will hear some girls say they cook, they sex, they clean. How many Nigerian girls do that. How many of them even know how to cook. It's always one eatery or the other. Lazy things. With all your make up long nails and brazillian hair a man will always recognize a hoe when he sees one and you my friend the Op have a hoe mentality. No point arguing cos the hoe mentality is not easy to change. And that is perhaps why there is no real love in Nigeria. Love to most Nigerian girls means paying their rent and buying them the latest phone. I was once taken for a ride once. The girl kept demanding and I kept doing. Then she asked for rent and then i thot, Why should I be paying ur rent?
And from that day that was how the relationship gradually went downhill. Everybody should better go and work because money is not easy to make. Lazy asses. You'll seldom hear white girls asking for such. No free lunch abeg
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by freecocoa(f): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
To hell with presentation .Sweerie, dat mentality is WRONG! Come on!!! U don't have sex with ur bf and expect him to pay for it do you? U don't have sex with your bf for favours do u? I agree partners do ask each for help, but! When gals like the op start spreading their legs in return for money,dats ashewoism to the power of infinity.
I agree with you that sex for favors is a wrong mentality, all I'm saying is that y'all make it seem like what the OP is asking for is unheard of, her only wrong here is thinking he owes her that cos she sleeps with him.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Imike: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
go get a life. PARASITE
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nimakor:

[b]Who knows what scared off the former 'occupants' [/b]Hehehe.

Nwaa were weight!
Na too much billings na! Today na lipstick allowance tomorrow na strapless bra and Botox spree. Smh
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
freecocoa: I agree with you that sex for favors is a wrong mentality, all I'm saying is that y'all make it seem like what the OP is asking for is unheard of, her only wrong here is thinking he owes her that cos she sleeps with him.

Honey,in my country, we call them ashantes, ashawos or oshonites. No b name calling na hailing.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by mizzochocinco: 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Caracta:

Lol...you don't even know the story yet. Wait o...is it what i am thinking? undecided

Anyway, i say again, "You have no RIGHT whatsoever to his money". If he wants to give you, fine. No qualms. Now, that is my judgement! Happy now? cheesy
im glad like you said, you can only advise and you cannot shove it down my throat. Now that you have advised and i did not put your advice into consideration, can you stop shoving it down my throat?
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by UjSizzle(f): 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
Geez abeg free the babe jare. If boify has the money to give her, she's free to ask. Since when is asking a crime?
I personally don't think it's anyone's 'right' to make such demands in a relationship, but if she needs that rent and he can source the funds for her, then please let her.
Don't bury the poor girl alive angry
I'm pretty sure half the people here have placed worse demands on their boyfriends/girlfriends.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by freecocoa(f): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
And all of you saying he owes her nothing must be joking because he owes her many things, like care, love etc, just like she owes him too.

Abeg how do you show someone you claim to care about care? Take it or leave it, one way or another, you spend money to keep your relationship alive, even if its just on calls, I honestly see nothing wrong asking a partner to help with rent if he can afford it and you can't at the moment.
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Arsenate: SMh. and the girl is really serious. really thought it was a joke naija gals are a lose cause.

It's so funny when trying to insult somebody,you end up insulting yourself.
Epic. grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Acidosis(m): 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Madam OP! You again! shocked shocked

On the 26th day of November, 2012.
Her 1st Topic on Nairaland.

Men talk about morals when a woman asks them for money but they never do when it comes to sex

www.nairaland.com/1114786/dont-understand
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by UjSizzle(f): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Acidosis: ..but Op, are you writting some projects or what?

Seems you're trying to get people's opinion.. questionnaire thingz grin
I tell ya. The girl's so calm even with insults flying around grin
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Truckpusher(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
I have been dating my boyfriend for 4months now and since men play the role of a provider when is the right time to ask him for rent money, or should i move in with him to save him the trouble?
If he can afford it go ahead girl.........most of them biitches shouting blue murder here will do worse but in NL everybody is always a saint.

After all it's the order of the day unless them biitches talking poo here are aliens.
The next thing they'll do to attack this my post is to say that one attracts his type,but the ugly truth is that about 85% of Nigerian girls are into light prostitution and they try to make it look harmless by calling themselves 'RUNS GIRLS' .

And finally for all them loud mouthed biitches yelling hell, go look at that mirror in your house and ask yourself if you've ever slept with more than one guy in your life ,then i can assure you that you may likely end up sleeping around ,it's just a matter of time.So, you've got no right to say bull.
And if you quote me ,may AMADIOHA and OGUN bend and seal that your toto for life grin

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
freecocoa: And all of you saying he owes her nothing must be joking because he owes her many things, like care, love etc, just like she owes him too.

Abeg how do you show someone you claim to care about care? Take it or leave it, one way or another, you spend money to keep your relationship alive, even if its just on calls, I honestly see nothing wrong asking a partner to help with rent if he can afford it and you can't at the moment.
Hei! Cocoa is dis u? So care equals paying rent? Care equals paying for sex? Care equals paying bills cus gf feels it's ur responsibility? Nne, u dey feck up!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Truckpusher(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
lorretta u:

It's so funny when trying to insult somebody,you end up insulting yourself.
Epic. grin
Crap cheesy
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by pimplucious: 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
I have been dating my boyfriend for 4months now and since men play the role of a provider when is the right time to ask him for rent money, or should i move in with him to save him the trouble?

Is this for real or some joke? Is this actually an average Nigerian girl mentality? This is the lowest of low! God forbid
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Noted

Now please kindly tell us what naija dudes aren't doing right too. In that way,your judgment will be balanced.
Or aren't there things naija guys need to improve on for thE relationships to work?
12 inches!:
Sometimes when I go out to bars alone to maybe eat and have a drink and probably eat, then I see "men" dishing out money and ordering this and that for their gfs just to make them happy. To me it's just dumb because most Naija girls are just not worth it. The average Nigerian girls attitude is a dependent one. You will hear some girls say they cook, they sex, they clean. How many Nigerian girls do that. How many of them even know how to cook. It's always one eatery or the other. Lazy things. With all your make up long nails and brazillian hair a man will always recognize a hoe when he sees one and you my friend the Op have a hoe mentality. No point arguing cos the hoe mentality is not easy to change. And that is perhaps why there is no real love in Nigeria. Love to most Nigerian girls means paying their rent and buying them the latest phone. I was once taken for a ride once. The girl kept demanding and I kept doing. Then she asked for rent and then i thot, Why should I be paying ur rent?
And from that day that was how the relationship gradually went downhill. Everybody should better go and work because money is not easy to make. Lazy asses. You'll seldom hear white girls asking for such. No free lunch abeg
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Truckpusher(m): 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
freecocoa: And all of you saying he owes her nothing must be joking because he owes her many things, like care, love etc, just like she owes him too.

Go sweetheart,let em biitches burn and dive your beautiful neck.

you just spoke what they all do habatically ,but in their usual arrogant manner ,they'll all claim to be SAINT VIRGIN. grin

1 Like

Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Acidosis(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Abeg jorh... you're too old & matured for all these petty insults...

I know you're not poor... who knows¿ na ladies like you dey get 3 parcel of gold apparel somewhere for wardrobe..

C'mon sist, I don't want to post your age here... but you're beyond this boyfriend/girlfriend, rent thingy..

I really do not mean any insult, but I want you to think about it pls
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Caracta(f): 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
mizzocho.cinco:
im glad like you said, you can only advise and you cannot shove it down my throat. Now that you have advised and i did not put your advice into consideration, can you stop shoving it down my throat?

Sure kiss
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by bukatyne(f): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sunbellar:

Are you willing to sell too?

You left OP who wants to sell s.ex for house rent to ask moi?

Biko help a maid in distress!
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Caracta(f): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2013

I'm not holding brief for them but it's all about presentation. We all know how girls behave...in hostels, common room, everywhere. The only issue i have with the whole thing is the way she presented it. I don't give a festive monkeys about her final decision, i can only advise her to see things from a different angle. Like i mentioned earlier, some people have even done worse things. Four months? Oh...yeah. We all belong to different schools of thought. undecided
Re: The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? by Caracta(f): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
12 inches!:

Haba bros! We can cook o. Don't even go near that side at all. Na oyinbo girl go cook correct African meal for you abi? Abeg, don't go near that side o

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Young Cute Soldier Set To Wed His Sweetheart. See Their Pre-wedding Pictures / Advice On How To Deal With My Ex-girlfriend Who Is Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.