Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? (36902 Views)

I Was Rushing To Do It And I Mistakenly Tore Her Pant. / Why Do Many Young Girls Get Deflowered On Valentine's Day? / Why Do Old Men Love To Chase After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by lexxwiz(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
hmmn!! i think the guys are finally stepping up and taking responsibilities then.. 19yrs old for this time and era no be small pikin again oh.. you'l be shocked with what they know.. btw in the US, 50% of girls btw 16-19 re single parents..( Not proven) so let them marry biko...
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by woky: 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
xynerise: One girl told me the reason why she got married at 20 was because she wanted to give birth to all her kids before menopause. undecided

Some will tell you because husband is scarce cheesy
i swear the joke no sweet

try anoda 1... Mango!
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by damola311: 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Efewestern: My gf was telling her friend that if she see's a guy that will pay her diary n do her marriage, that she will break-up with me & leave me to that guy!
Just imagine n she z just 19...

Oboy!...you just kill english *crying
Diary koh, textbook ni
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
"Opportunity comes but once" they have learnt from the old ones on how those ones missed the chances they had back then. It's always good to learn from someone's experience. And perhaps its a good idea to give birth early and relax to enjoy life after giving birth to the numbers of children one has planned. What is the point of giving birth at old age without having enough time to cater for them as expected? Give birth in time and restart doing "opeke". I support the idea jare.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by ceejay80s(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Naija population:
MAN 18%
WOMAN 80%
MONKEY\GORILLA 2%

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Victorchuks4(m): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Real men are scarce nd economy is nt helping matters so if any gal see readily available man she go rush am jare

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by NadiaSA1(f): 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
We inlove!!
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by DollyParton1(f): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lilimax:
A girl of 19yrs may get married if she's prepared psychologically undecided.

Psychologically only?
What about financially?
A 19year old is still a teenager, who should still be pampered by her dad.
I can't imagine leaving my father's house at 19 for another man's house. With nothing to my name except my SSCE certificate. At least get a first degree or if u are learning a trade, obtain ur freedom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Afrok(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
So far d marriage will not be considered "child marriage" make dem go ahead, but rush or wotever factors dt can crash a marriage shouldn't drive someone into it. Happy married life to 19 years old ladies dt ar planning to get married.
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Charbless(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
U shuld hav asked senator Yerima, Y girls of 8 years are getting married nw

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by CHIEFENGRJAFAR(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
i think we are going back to old times...most of us here, our mum and dads got married around thesame age, it is now now people are after money, education, and others.....cos of the poor state of the country

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by wengerjay(m): 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
One of the main reasons the young girls are rushing into marriage is this issue of unemployment.
Most parents are the ones taking care of their grown children,of which most of them if not all are graduates without jobs.The girls see marriage as a cover and form of employment to eke out livelihood.
Great numbers of Nigerians live in abject poverty,once the ladies are 'conferred' with the title 'MRS',their husbands take offer the responsibilities from the their parents.
MRS=Mo-Ribi-Sasi.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Sunglow: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Still_stan: that's xactly what I think my self...cos days are gone when ladies where outlooked in our society...now some virtous ladies with dreams in our society are doing far better than what most men can't even do..
Thank God you noticed. Anyways another reason is because'Mrs'bside their name seems fanciful coupled with the big shinning gold band adorning their fingers.I noticed something about some single ladies of nowadays, if you go to a public place and perhaps you as a married woman comes in contact with them,the 1st thing they will do is look at your finger especially if you are well dressed and the moment they notice you are a married woman they put up an air around you like"she is married,she is young and sazzy,but am not-hell no!I need to find me a man-hubby ASAP to be like her.Sometimes I wonder if it's such a terrible thing to be married.And another reason,is so they can flaunt their married status to their friends

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by hallymusa: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
d guys marrying dem are of which age, why dont dey marry deir age mate. well marrying early or late does not stop u from pursing ur dreams

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by mrphysics(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
they want to b first wife so dia son will b first son in case the man wants to marry second wife.to me a lady of 19yrs can carry a man of 40yrs, so let them go ahead, hw i wish i will get a virgin of dat age now to marry, cos all dis guys hav disvirgined most of dis young gals regardless of dia age. shame to dis useless guys making noise here
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by adekoonlay(m): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
girls here screaming and criticizing, I'm sure if most of u have d opportunity ull grab it. And Open did ur a rich guy snatch ur 19yr old gf and married her, cos I've never seen a written law which says at 19 u can't b married. Ladies, d earlier u get married d better for u, don't let dis western materialist preachers derail u.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by bukatyne(f): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
Still_stan: What's all this? girls of 19 years are getting married.. I wonder if y'all think marriage is a child's play, what's the rush all about??

Are the girls through with school?
How old are their husbands?
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by 3kay945(m): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lilimax: One thing is sure: If you rush into marriage, you'll definitely rush out smiley.

Not in all situation, sis.
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
damola311:

Oboy!...you just kill english *crying
Diary koh, textbook ni
Take out the log in ur eyez, so u may see clear enough 2 take out the wood in ur neighbour's eyez

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by 3kay945(m): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
mrphysics: they want to b first wife so dia son will b first son in case the man wants to marry second wife.to me a lady of 19yrs can carry a man of 40yrs, so let them go ahead, hw i wish i will get a virgin of dat age now to marry, cos all dis guys hav disvirgined most of dis young gals regardless of dia age. shame to dis useless guys making noise here

grin grin
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Stillstan(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Psychologically only?
What about financially?
I can't imagine leaving my father's house at 19 for another man's house. With nothing to my name except my SSCE certificate. At least get a first degree or if u are learning a trade, obtain ur freedom.
I agree with you...for you as a lady to gain and maintain respect where your husband is, you must have something to show for it, times are gone when the beauty of a woman served as a major measure for men to regard ladies...this days due to the economy and d way things are, the lady must have other good additives...like being a graduate...good character and a good sense of understanding and maturity and mayb also have smtin she will be doing and not to get married and become a budden to your man...if your gat all these qualities, it will boost ya respect from ur man...
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by RestroFlamez(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
Na yerima cause am
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Sunglow: 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
adekoonlay: girls here screaming and criticizing, I'm sure if most of u have d opportunity ull grab it. And Open did ur a rich guy snatch ur 19yr old gf and married her, cos I've never seen a written law which says at 19 u can't b married. Ladies, d earlier u get married d better for u, don't let dis western materialist preachers derail u.
To me the advantage there is that you will have your kids early.
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by DollyParton1(f): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
adekoonlay: girls here screaming and criticizing, I'm sure if most of u have d opportunity ull grab it. Ladies, d earlier u get married d better for u, don't let dis western materialist preachers derail u.

Wow! I pity the woman you are or will be married to. Its people like you that sees ur wife as a liability. I bet you'll always lock the food store and count the number of meat in the pot.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by nekede11(m): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
Correct man,don't mind dis op,if i shuld ask him a questn,wil he like his sista 2 marry wen she s depreciating @28-30,d gud tym 4 a lady 2 get marriad if husband comes is b/wn (18-25),b/c @ dis age bracket,there full beauty s unveil,and their body are still n compact shape, frm 26-30 na survival of d fittest,depreciating stage,but stil manageable,ladies wake up o,if u like make u deprive urself d chance of getting married early,u can marry early and stil build ur career,all depend b/w u and ur partner.if d opportunity comes early accept it o,nt wen u clock 30, u wil come here dey ask "WHY MARRIAGEABLE MEN ARE SCARSE"finally @op,if underage are scarce 4 ur area,make u go frnd overage na (sugar mummy)hahahahaha
RedBenson:

If dem no marry now, if dem com reach 40yrs dem never marry, na una go still complain say dem been waste away thier youthful age. Na una sabi jare!
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Richmondee: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Input: If they marry late you will talk....if they marry early you will talk,wetin you want make them do?

Make them marry at average nah grin....between earlly and late undecided
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by tayoccu(m): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Age ain't nothing but a number, these days when we have people graduating @ 19, I see no reason why a 19 year old can't get married ( provided she is emotionally mature, and has heard from God).
I have friends that got married @ 19/20, and they're enjoying their marriage, and I have other friends who married in their late 20's/ early 30's and their marriages have failed.

One question @ OP, would you rather have these young ladies shagging around?
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
I tire o...my gf don leave me..she say marriage straight or no relationship..wetin man go do nw
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Shezzman: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hormonal Rush!
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by NobleG1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Girls nowadays rush into marriages at early age because they're too lazy to work hard and become independent first before marriage.
They just want to continue their dependence on someone. That's why more women are unemployed compared to their male counterpart.
And what makes me sick is that those unemployed ones always believe they deserve the richest men. In fact, 95% of Nigerian women are pure Gold-diggers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Lilimax(f): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Psychologically only?
What about financially?
Provided the potential husband will take care of her?
I know a lot of girls that furthered their education in their husband's house.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
If u are destined 4 early mariage, nothing can stop u and if u are destined 4 late marriage, its just the will of God.
Marriage does not stop one 4rm pursuing his or her dreams.
Am a living witness!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? / Your Spouse Will Not Doubt Your Trust If ... - Bamisepeters' Blog / Policeman Attacks Rivers Lady With Burning Stove For Rejecting His Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.