Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? (36906 Views)

I Was Rushing To Do It And I Mistakenly Tore Her Pant. / Why Do Many Young Girls Get Deflowered On Valentine's Day? / Why Do Old Men Love To Chase After Young Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
With the way these "small" girl are getting married, given the way they reason, I don't think it is out of place to start preaching Eugenic.

Seriously with the rate they are reproducing human race may someday turnout like the movie "idiocracy" (just exaggerating)

Personally, I think most Nigerian girls there highest aspiration is to get married, though this can not be completely separated from both cultural and economic reasons. But then its a free world, just that my only concern is that when people go into married ill-prepared it tends to be a problem not only to the couple but to the innocent kids that are product of such marriages.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by creativemusic: 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
i wonder oooooooooooooo, they rush in they rush out? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by tabisegroup(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Keneking:

You mean dowry?
. lol ...no wonder d girl WAN leave am

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by ICHIEMAN: 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
Still_stan: . Bros the maatter tire me oo...while the advanced and the more matured ladies are just there...
Ladies are ladies...there's notin 'advanced' there.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by samuelkew(m): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
It's better to marry than to burn, but marriage is worth patience and, caution, maturity(not just in age but in experince and achievement), and prayer.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by dejibimbo(m): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
Godvilla: Take out the log in ur eyez, so u may see clear enough 2 take out the wood in ur neighbour's eyez
na pidgin d guy dey yarn...
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by ludot(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Still_stan: What's all this? girls of 19 years are getting married.. I wonder if y'all think marriage is a child's play, what's the rush all about??

When Omotola Jalade got married at 18/19 years. People like you said she was too young.

Now some people are praying for a marriage like hers.
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Mcbussy(m): 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Godvilla: Are u trying 2 say that, being a graduate should be a criteria for marriage?

No,dats not what I'm saying,read again and try to comprehend...I am saying most of the gals dat marry at such age do so as a result of economic and financial dependence.

How many rich folks do u see dat give out their 19 year old daughters willingly??...none. they usually have great plans for their kids.hence, its only families dat aren't financially stable that usually consent to such....ofcourse with exception to muslims and other religions/cultures that permit it.

I bet even u won't let a man come close to your own 19yr old daughter if u are financially capable of taking her to the top,or atleast to 1st degree level.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Malakh: 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mcbussy:

No,dats not what I'm saying,read again and try to comprehend...I am saying most of the gals dat marry at such age do so as a result of economic and financial dependence.

How many rich folks do u see dat give out their 19 year old daughters willingly??...none. they usually have great plans for their kids.hence, its only families dat aren't financially stable that usually consent to such....ofcourse with exception to muslims and other religions/cultures that permit it.

I bet even u won't let a man come close to your own 19yr old daughter if u are financially capable of taking her to the top,or atleast to 1st degree level.
she can marry at anytime as long as she is ripe, must she get a degree before getting married, if she finds someone she loves, they can marry and she can still go to school,she doesn't have to put the man on hold because of her supposed education or degree, the love of her life should come first not her supposed degree or career

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by PrinceNwokeji: 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
Fear of the future, cos they dont have Christ.
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by jimiphunmmy(f): 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
Still_stan: What's all this? girls of 19 years are getting married.. I wonder if y'all think marriage is a child's play, what's the rush all about??

which is better: to marry early and stick to one di*k,or to be going about taking diffrent di*k and spreading incurable diseases?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by ICHIEMAN: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
samuelkew: It's better to marry than to burn, but marriage is worth patience and, caution, maturity(not just in age but in experince and achievement), and prayer.
d norm for marriage is justified to a very gud extent wen a young gal marries.
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
jimi phunmmy:

which is better: to marry early and stick to one di*k,or to be going about taking diffrent di*k and spreading incurable diseases?

So every lady who does not marry at 19 sleeps around?

Every lady who marries at 19 is faithful?

It is only a lady who spreads diseases?

It is well o

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Malakh: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
jimi phunmmy:

grin no mind them jare, dey want to have their cake and eat it...bunch of fornicators
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by ICHIEMAN: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
jimi phunmmy:

ur brain is very fast moving in one direction...try to bend it to other paths, it wil help.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Mcbussy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Malakh: she can marry at anytime as long as she is ripe, must she get a degree before getting married, if she finds someone she loves, they can marry and she can still go to school,she doesn't have to put the man on hold because of her supposed education or degree, the love of her life should come first not her education

mr. Malakh,i'm sure u're viewing dis from a religious point of view and we're not talking about dat.i even made an exception of religion and culture in my post.

if we want to reason in a civilized manner,a 19year old is not matured for marriage and i'm not saying marriage must be after 1st degree.what i mean is dat a person weda male or female should shape his/her life to some extent b4 marriage.

d word "ripe" dat u even used is not used for animals or humans in d english language,its used for fruits...so i understand where u are coming from and i av mentioned dat my point is with exception to islam and any other culture or religion dat supports early marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by eyitayo007(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Still_stan: that's xactly what I think my self...cos days are gone when ladies where outlooked in our society...now some virtous ladies with dreams in our society are doing far better than what most men can't even do..

You are right jare ..Oduah is a good example
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by alphawg(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Malakh: she can marry at anytime as long as she is ripe, must she get a degree before getting married, if she finds someone she loves, they can marry and she can still go to school,she doesn't have to put the man on hold because of her supposed education or degree, the love of her life should come first not her supposed degree or career
Bros...u talk from d bowels of experience. Wetin woman do u?
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by adusco(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
Input: If they marry late you will talk....if they marry early you will talk,wetin you want make them do?
make dem marry in-between.....
smiley
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by lepasharon(f): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mate..Im 21 and the search for my missing rib has started tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Malakh: 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mcbussy:

mr. Malakh,i'm sure u're viewing dis from a religious point of view and we're not talking about dat.i even made an exception of religion and culture in my post.

if we want to reason in a civilized manner,a 19year old is not matured for marriage and i'm not saying marriage must be after 1st degree.what i mean is dat a person weda male or female should shape his/her life to some extent b4 marriage.

d word "ripe" dat u even used is not used for animals or humans in d english language,its used for fruits...so i understand where u are coming from and i av mentioned dat my point is with exception to islam and any other culture or religion dat supports early marriage.
i don hear, as long as you understand what i'm saying,then you need not worry about semantics, make i check my dico,if my grammar right lol wink
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Mcbussy(m): 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
bukatyne:

So every lady who does not marry at 19 sleeps around?

Every lady who marries at 19 is faithful?

It is only a lady who spreads diseases?

It is well o

no mind dem.....they cant even reason critically.....fallacy of irrelevant conclusion.

so if u want ur daughter to go to skul and bcome sum1 2moro,therefore u are encouraging her to sleep around and she too will keep sleeping around.as if we dont see d gals dat marry rich old men and end up paying small boiz for sex......wif their husbands money cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
freecocoa: I think its due to the fact that most of them don't have goals or maybe na marriage be their goals.

Seriously most girls see marriage as an escape route, I say this cos there was a time I was very depressed, seemed to me like nothing was working and I started thinking getting married would somehow ease it all by keeping me busy, now I've grown and realized that life doesn't begin and end in marriage.

Develop yourself, have something and marriage will be fisi.

You are so on point

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Mcbussy(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
lepasharon: Mate..Im 21 and the search for my missing rib has started tongue

hehehehehegrin.....which missing rib u dey search for?u be man?.....nah u be person rib nah......lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by deltakitchen: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
ALL I HAVE TO SAY U YOUNG GIRLS IS TAKE UR TIME, FALL IN LOVE, BE BEST FRIENDS STUDY EACH OTHER, GROOM UR RELATIONSHIP CAUSE FOREVER IS A VERY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by InvertedHammer: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
/
GET IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

Competition becomes more fierce around 20-25.

Desperation sets in around 25-30.

Frustration sets in above 30.

Depression comes above 35.

//

/

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by dejibimbo(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
Malakh: she can marry at anytime as long as she is ripe, must she get a degree before getting married, if she finds someone she loves, they can marry and she can still go to school,she doesn't have to put the man on hold because of her supposed education or degree, the love of her life should come first not her supposed degree or career
now ur talkin like a dude that wants to marry...think of it as if the gal is ur daughter, first child....(dont let me add, ur only child)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Emytexboy(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
no be small thing oh gringringrin
Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Mcbussy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
marriage has now bcome d definition of self actualization to majority of Nigerian gals......smh

they dont even aspire to bcome sum1 anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
I never wanted to do this here but I think it is time. I will be brief got much to do now.

I think those in support of these young girls who are barely adults getting married should think it through. Firstly let start from our home front, I am sure most people would argue that our mothers and grandmothers got married that early but the truth is, majority of them wished it never happened that early. In most cases they were forced into it( which is not the case here), but for a young girl that hasn't seen life and knows nothing about life. Today that may seem and feel nice to her but in the near future she sure would wish it had gone the other way. I am of the opinion that people should get to experience life ( not living carelessly but understand life ) before committing to a life time relationship. The implication is that somewhere down the line, she sure would feel some anger towards her partner for being the cause of her not fulfilling all she had planned for herself. I am sure someone will point out some ladies that got married at a tender age and still accomplish all they wished, but in terms of the herds how many made it to the top? Giving our culture where divorce is sacrilegious, such dissatisfied mothers tend to live with it for the rest of their life. In order to compensate for their wrong choices they tend to force their kids into making choices in terms of careers or aspirations that reflects what they wished their lives had been.

Looking at it from the other side of the Atlantic, it is a common knowledge ( you can look up the stats) that couples that got married earlier tend to have high divorce rate. The reason is not far fetch! In most cases they fall in "love" for the first time and it was a "wao" moment for them,in the heat of it they get married. Years down the line couple with the pressure of married life, they both realize that they wanted separate things in life.For them I won't raise an eye-brow when I see them getting married because when the heat is on the society encourages them to go their separate ways rather than living in misery, but in our own culture that is not the case.

In essence kids such be kids and teenage girls should be teenage girls, all they should be doing at that age is fantasizing about JB and One Direction, not taking care of a child and a grown man, who calls himself husband (its even worse in our culture when guys see marriage as one way ticket of owning a "laborer" in the name of wife, who attend to their feet).

So please advice your teenage sisters to hold on and actually do something meaningful with her life. I am sure in some years time, she sure would not even want to touch that guy with a stick if he comes asking her for marriage!

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by Malakh: 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
alpha.w.g:

Bros...u talk from d bowels of experience. Wetin woman do u?
bros im talking from experience o,i been love the babe and i still love am,but this crap about her supposed career and education,na hin make i fashi de babe, a grown and established man would take care of his wife regardless of her education or not,yes i want a woman as support but not for the woman to dey think say,if i no get such and such degree or career i no go marry, i see it as pride and immaturity, an established and responsible man would take care of his wife and family when he decides to marry,i wont marry if i know im not capable,established or responsible,like naija people talk,im up to the task....this is how this career women think,they say let me get an education and a career that way if my husband acts funny,i go just fashi am,well if you find a good man,you won't have to worry about the guy acting funny,it wont even cross your mind, why would you enter a marriage with a clause , well this is the generation we live in

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Girls Rushing To Marry Lately? by DollyParton1(f): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2013

And why can't the man wait for her?
Like sunny Ade and Onyeka Onwenu sang "If you love me, you will wait for me"
Why are you making it look like a girl should feel lucky and special because she found a guy who's ready to marry her?
And why is the guy eager to marry a 19year old who is still in the University?
I've got a lot of why's......but....
At the end of the day, people are different in their values, so we reason differently.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Your Spouse Will Not Doubt Your Trust If ... - Bamisepeters' Blog / How Do I Tell Him That I Am Not In Love With Him? / Policeman Attacks Rivers Lady With Burning Stove For Rejecting His Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.