Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Women Are Their Worst Enemies - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Their Worst Enemies (24758 Views)

Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:
Women are their worst enemy is a "chauvinistic/sexist phrase", as MEN are equally their own enemy.

Human rebellion, frailties, imperfection etc is mostly emphasized on, when it's towards female gender.

I agree that women are their worst enemy but I can still give you many instances of men being their own worst enemy.
Nobody would deny that he/she hasn't seen any man envious of his friend's success - politicians comes to my mind.

For example - If Omotola is having a little misunderstanding with Genevieve, the phrase pops up; but when the role is reversed e.g Davido versus Wizkid, tone would change that they are kids instead of men are their worst enemy.
Even on Nairaland, as a female, don't go on threads about successful female celebrities hating, as you'll be bashed with that phrase but MEN are free to hate on male celebrities. Hypocrisy! grin

Well, It's not a gender thing but depends on individuals.
Our society isn't nice towards feminine gender.

But the op says "women are their worst enemies" nd she is female grin grin grin
How is she being chauvinistic or sexist biko kwanu nwa tony... how is the phrase even chauvinistic or sexist when it is used a lot by women, they even use it more...
Was the phrase invented by a man?

Kai, what a travesty undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 18, 2015
YourCoffin:

What are you saying? Apologies but you're a mass of confusion.

We know that already, we are however, thinking it's not the only problem.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 18, 2015
Ngokafor:

The most wonderful people who have helped me more in life(school,career and relationships with the opposite sex) without hounding me for s$x have been women from diverse works of life...and tribe.

True grin

Men are the worst. Even women don't beg men for sex in a return for help - if they do, that should be a few number, tho.

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 18, 2015
Moana:
I wouldnt mind a male or female superior so long he or she is respectful and competent. I guess some woman always believe that if they have a male boss it will be easy to receive advantages or opportunities by using their charm, its will not always be easy for them to have their way with a female boss
E.g Amber Rose and Kim Kardashaian. grin
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:
Women are their worst enemy is a "chauvinistic/sexist phrase", as MEN are equally their own enemy.

Human rebellion, frailties, imperfection etc is mostly emphasized on, when it's towards female gender.

I agree that women are their worst enemy but I can still give you many instances of men being their own worst enemy.
Nobody would deny that he/she hasn't seen any man envious of his friend's success - politicians comes to my mind.

For example - If Omotola is having a little misunderstanding with Genevieve, the phrase pops up; but when the role is reversed e.g Davido versus Wizkid, tone would change that they are kids instead of men are their worst enemy.
Even on Nairaland, as a female, don't go on threads about successful female celebrities hating, as you'll be bashed with that phrase but MEN are free to hate on male celebrities. Hypocrisy! grin

Anytime this dude post, Nairaland men shiver. cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 18, 2015
Mintayo:
Lol, not trying to sound like a women-hater or something But truely women are their own enemies,I have witnessed firsthand How some woman was trying to bring to bring down another woman! lipsrsealed
Goes to show the kind of women around you. cry
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 18, 2015
AfricanApple:
my question is: is there a solution this situation or do we just continue to flow with it
It depends on individuals. Men are not left out, either.

Nothing can be changed by women.
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Mintayo(m): 6:49pm On May 18, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Goes to show the kind of women around you. cry
Funny you said this, not even one or two and it's actually at my place of work! lipsrsealed
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 18, 2015
TV01:

You are the chauvinist here cheesy;

And my "superiority" over effeminate gender-confused men did not come cheap...I had to study to show myself approved cool! Now assume the position, there are females on the thread tongue!

Certainly...just as soon as you stop "posting stoupid" grin

TV
What's wrong with that picture? undecidedgrin

That's a loyal and God-ordained man! tongue
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 18, 2015
Mintayo:

Funny you said this, not even one or two and it's actually at my place of work! lipsrsealed
I have seen numerous dudes fighting over a girl. lipsrsealed

Some beefing over petty things. cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 6:59pm On May 18, 2015
Moana:
I wouldnt mind a male or female superior so long he or she is respectful and competent. I guess some woman always believe that if they have a male boss it will be easy to receive advantages or opportunities by using their charm, its will not always be easy for them to have their way with a female boss

You are very correct. As a female, the best bet I have at learning What it means to lead is from my female leaders. If I think that female bosses are naturally evil, How would I learn?

How would I even have a Good relationship with her?

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Moana(f): 7:04pm On May 18, 2015
VictoriaBee:

E.g Amber Rose and Kim Kardashaian. grin
exactly
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 7:07pm On May 18, 2015
cococandy:
I think what that phrase means is that it is worse when women pull each other down than when men do.

How will you talk about women empowerment and hope to be successful when it is women that will still run the idea down because of some pseudo-goodism? Probably done to impress men who most times don't give a hoot.

Talk about many culture that are oppressive against women and you will find that it is women who are also the champions propagating such practices.
Who are those that are first to advice abused women to stay and fast and pray? Women.
Who are those teaching growing girls to value themselves so lowly that sharing one 'blokkos' in the name main chick is ok? You guessed right. Women.
Plus many other annoying examples too much to type here.

So in general, women are part of the circus holding themselves down.

But it is worse because it is women who should be less judgmental of each other.
So if you have two enemies and one of them is yourself, the worse enemy of the two is you.
Because you have to first make the effort to help yourself before anyone will listen to you.

Hmmm! Coco cool

I agree with you that women mostly champion the barbaric cultures et al against fellow women.

However, I find it amusing that the women who parrot This phrase are not even talking from This POV. It is more like 'I don't want to have a female boss; girls make bad friends' etc. Which makes me wonder who the Good ones are grin.
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Moana(f): 7:07pm On May 18, 2015
bukatyne:

You are very correct. As a female, the best bet I have at learning What it means to lead is from my female leaders. If I think that female bosses are naturally evil, How would I learn?

How would I even have a Good relationship with her?
some people just dont think that far ahead
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 7:07pm On May 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
You should strive to be the boss because

True that

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 7:10pm On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:

This is my stance in This issue.

Men always backstab and betray themselves yet men don't feel they are each others' worst enemies grin

They see as humans are Naturally deceptive and treat it as such.

So true about the celebrity ish

8 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 7:12pm On May 18, 2015
cococandy:
Bukatyne here's example of what I'm saying.
I'm on one disgusting thread angry angry and a foolish girl on there thinks a woman raped by her husband until she had a miscarriage has no case.
(He's your husband. The head of your body. Crappy kind of comments)

Now she's probably not the only one who said something similar to that, but hers is the most annoying because when some guys say it, although it is annoying, your annoyance will be diluted with the knowledge that they don't know what pregnancy is like or what being penetrated forcefully can be like.

A lady (even if she may not have been pregnant before) has had periods and probably had sex before and should know that being penetrated by force is not funny at all nor is pregnancy a walk in the park. That's a perfect example of why it is worse when women lack empathy towards other women than when guys do the same.

Lol! Read your discussion with her.

It's pathetic really.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 18, 2015
bukatyne:

Men always backstab and betray themselves yet men don't feel they are each others' worst enemies grin

Men naturally have overbloated ego.

for example, different men have been ruling Nigeria and we are not getting it right.
Many male politicians, loot and commit all atrocities.

Just mention Okonjo-Iweala and Allison-Madueke, they'll give you 1,000 reasons why women shouldn't be in power forgetting good deeds of Magareth Ekpo, Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili.

When they err, human beings are imperfect.
When women err, women are devil.

Oloun maje for hypocrisy! undecided

15 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 18, 2015
A female boss commands her male subordinate and he declines; awon Nairaland frustrated family-section male would say he's right and tell you how she has an inferiority complex and want to exercise it.

A male boss commands his female subordinate and she declines; awon Nairaland frustrated family-section men will give you many reasons why Nigerian girls are b1tchy, rude and uncouth.

grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by lavatoz(f): 7:46pm On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:

for example, different men have been ruling Nigeria and we are not getting it right.

Just mention Okonjo-Iweala and Allison-Madueke, they'll give you 1,000 reasons why women shouldn't be in power forgetting good deeds of Magareth Ekpo, Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili.

#hypocrisy to these guys
Their misogyny is eating them undecided

12 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by lavatoz(f): 7:51pm On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:
A female boss commands her male subordinate and he declines; awon Nairaland frustrated family-section male would say he's right and tell you how she has an inferiority complex and want to exercise it.

A male boss commands his female subordinate and she declines; awon Nairaland frustrated family-section men will give you many reasons why Nigerian girls are b1tchy, rude and uncouth.

grin

You can't win these guys. Their upbringing has some influence to it grin

8 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by lavatoz(f): 7:51pm On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:

grin

You can't win with these guys. Their upbringing has some influence to it grin

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by cococandy(f): 7:56pm On May 18, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmmm! Coco cool

I agree with you that women mostly champion the barbaric cultures et al against fellow women.

However, I find it amusing that the women who parrot This phrase are not even talking from This POV. It is more like 'I don't want to have a female boss; girls make bad friends' etc. Which makes me wonder who the Good ones are grin.
yea I realized that's the angle you're coming from.

I think it is silly of them anyways.
I've always loved having girlfriends.
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by cococandy(f): 7:59pm On May 18, 2015
grin
FrancisTony:

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 18, 2015
lavatoz:

You can't win these guys. Their upbringing has some influence to it grin
cococandy:
grin
Trust me, males I converse with, are not pathetic as these guys blaming women always except they are just living fake life online.

fake life = depression/loneliness cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by YourCoffin: 8:04pm On May 18, 2015
njokusboy:

We know that already, we are however, thinking it's not the only problem.. grin grin

From TV01's comment I think I've an idea of what you guys think is the other problem. I hope I'm wrong though. It's majorly the inconsistency in his line of argument I have a grouse with.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 8:13pm On May 18, 2015
Mintayo:
Lol, not trying to sound like a women-hater or something But truely women are their own enemies,I have witnessed firsthand How some woman was trying to bring to bring down another woman! lipsrsealed

And you have not seen any man bring down another man?
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 8:14pm On May 18, 2015
Chillisauce:

at least na only down dem dey hold. Men kill everything starting from their fellow men in times of war, Mediterranean immigration, bombing etc to bushmeats, rats, dogs.
no one holds anyone down except you want to be held down.

Very true.
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 8:16pm On May 18, 2015
MarvellousGod:
No gender is perfect.. Even men get jealous of their friends who have a 'perfect' relationship..

Saw a thread few days back where a lady was being talked into, to get a divorce by her husband's best friend so that he, her husband's friend could marry and take better care of her.. smh.. You also see guys sleeping with their friends' gfs... or a gal tells you she's already in a relationship, you keep pestering her.. no be another man parole you wan spoil? undecided

Even in places of work, men get jealous of a promoted colleague. ..

So op, it goes both ways, human imperfection.. Just that anything that has to do with the female gender in our society gets more pronounced...

For me, I have good female friends who I hv known for years and no issues at all... or maybe cos I'm good myself? cheesy smiley

Lols! Maybe grin

Nice post
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 8:18pm On May 18, 2015
AfricanApple:
my question is: is there a solution this situation or do we just continue to flow with it

We can start from our little corner to do the right thing always.
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 18, 2015
bukatyne:

Truetalk.
I was discussing this issue with a nairalander offline just a week ago.
Lets take NL as a case study,
Ini Edo flaunts bo.bs in bikini

Poster1, male : The bo.bs done obey gravity...
Poster2, male: ^^^ lmao, guy you wicked.
Poster3,male : this girl abi woman done sell her body finish.

It's perfectly normal because they are all males. Now, poster4, female comes along 'Ini, cover up...you are not a little girl'

Poster5, ignores the three male posters and jumps on her like an anticipated prey, 'you are a very jealous being, hater oshi. Lets see your own bo.bs.'

I don't get it, it's okay for guys to insult women, but bad when women do same?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 8:22pm On May 18, 2015
TV01:

Happy anniversary Bukatyne. Hearty congratulations. Are you baking yet grin? It's a race betwixt yourself and Coco.

No bashing, but I'mma troll on your thread small. Appears to be suffering the usual malaise cheesy.

TeeVee

If you know my threads usually suffer a usual malaise, common sense should have dictated you steer clear it or drop a post of healing.

Thanks for the wishes and regards to your kids.

Feel free to troll cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Marriage Of Deception / Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education / My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.