Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

2ndBase's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2ndBase's Profile / 2ndBase's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Politics / Re: Peter Obi: End The Inconsistency In Duty Charges, It Directly Fuels Inflation by 2ndBase: 8:06pm On Feb 21
[quote author=PortHarcourtcit post=128574287]Mr ITK, you may be the next person to be arrested because you and abure really plundered LP and the innocent Nigerians who thought that you are there messiah...

Sorry. I pity people with your kind of brain 🧠. Sorry ohh. Your healing is on the way. Sorry again.
Politics / Re: CBN Discontinues Payment Of BTA/PTA In Cash by 2ndBase: 10:26pm On Feb 15
Paramount01:
Can't parallel market be abolish? Just asking I am confuse

It can but you need to get a firm grip on the official market as the CBN is using capital control measures. If there is any significant improvement in the forex policies then you can hit the parallel market.

Remember, the government will not take them out of business but streamline their activities and also regulate and control them as a financial institution in the money market.
Politics / Re: Nigeria Ranks 22nd In Cheapest Petrol Prices Globally - Global Petrol Prices by 2ndBase: 8:27am On Jan 08
What's the rent and expenses in those places too?

More information are needed [/quote]

Tell us the value of their currencies. Also tell us their unemployment level. You can go ahead to tell us the level of inflation in those countries. Answers needed urgently.
Politics / Re: New Year: Ukachukwu Requests 16 Soldiers, 20 Policemen, 12 DSS For Security by 2ndBase: 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Eleyigidigan o.

If a native Igboman needs this serious amount of security to move in his Igboland, what then will a non-native now require for security? Check my signature for free stuffs!

Now you know some Nigerians are ordinary. Once it comes to 'Igbo Stuff' you jump from your slumber.

Well your ordinary Nigerians will need God to protectthem if not they will go like the Bokkos and Beroms of Plateau state. I'm not saying that those killed in Plateau do not have God but the state actors disappointed them.

You sincerely know the rest but you always hide and feign ignorance.
Politics / Re: Umahi’s Younger Brother Seeks To Replace Ex-gov In Senate by 2ndBase: 7:38am On Dec 27, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Umahi dropped his ambition to run for president and quickly contest for senate after he lost APC tickets to Bola Ahmed Tinubu after the primary electionstongue

Umahi never dropped out of presidential. He contested and got zero vote apart from himself. By then the senatorial contest was closed on him. Umahi, Akpabio and Lawan rings a bell.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Insiders Say Atiku Was Aware Obi Won The Election by 2ndBase: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
simpleseyi:

You go just die over nothing. Emilokan Tinubu is ruling Nigeria for 8 years. After that, Presidency returns to the North. Then, it comes back to South South. No Igbo manl will ever rule Nigeria

Man, cure yourself of acute mental disorder. It's getting high and too much. No one asked you whether an Igbo man will rules or not. Igbo man will never rule Nigeria bla bla bla and at the end Plateau, Benue, Nasarrawa, Southern Kaduna et Al becomes eldorado. Lest I forget, #1 = $1 since the Igbo man is not ruling.

Congratulations to your misrule.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Fashola: No Big Deal With Ethnic Politics In Lagos; It’s Global Trend by 2ndBase: 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Tribalism is not the problem. It is hypocrisy and covetiousness that are the problem.

The Yoruba will not do diiferent from the way you Igbo do. The problem is that you are being hypocritical when you hold your own resources yet want to snatch another person's own. If you allow people thrive and own land in your Igboland, appoint them as Commissioners and vote for them then you are on a high moral ground to make demands or complain if the Yoruba do not reciprocate your gesture.

The problem now is that you do not allow Non Igbo thrive in your land and the Yoruba say they will have none of it anymore.

The solution is to give the Yoruba what you want then now place a demand. If you do not do that then there is nothing wrong if the Yoruba demand you do so. That is the point we are now. The Yoruba are particularly upset with Igbo who live among us yet hate us on our own land.Haba!!

Identity politics becomes absolutely necessary to ensure you Igbo go back home and be nice to the Yoruba in your land then come back let us now discuss. Identity politics is not same as tribalism. It is a domain of power and it is used everywhere. The LGBTQ+ are now a political group in the west yet they are not all from same race.

Differenciate between identity and tribe. A Yoruba man that refuses to leave his domain and make venture into other parts of Nigeria for economic prosperity.

Well, your identity/tribal politics is approved.

Meanwhile don't think you have done any Igbo man any favour. The Igbos survived through trade and commerce and whatever they got in Lagos was exchanged for their hard earned money.

I wonder the day persons like you will stop your obsession of tribal affiliation. You carry Igbo matter for head too much even when it's obvious that the topics you delves into does not have ethnic or tribal colouration.
Politics / Re: Are We Sure This Man Wants To Hand Over Power? by 2ndBase: 9:59pm On Feb 01, 2023
AdiscoPele:
Your assertions are right only that I don't think Buhari wants to remain in power, instead, he wants to hand over to a fellow fulani so all their atrocities that continue unabated.

They really perfected their plan B, which is to make life unbearable for the citizens and destroy the little achievements of APC thereby paving the way for PDP and most importantly, Atiku, a fulani to continue fr9m where he stops.

If only the southeast can put their hatred for Tinubu aside and see through the prism of Buhari's actions and in-actions, then and only then will power come to the south, but will they?

Obi can NEVER win Tinubu or Atiku in a federal election but the East, who are quick to abuse others of tribalism will never reason because their brother is involved. Check this out, how can Obi, who can or could not stand against Atiku in PDP for the presidential primaries and had to leave for a little party where there was no opposition win Atiku in an election involving the whole of Nigeria?

The only candidate that can stand toe to toe against Atiku in the south, or even in Nigeria today is Tinubu but hatred will never let them see beyond their nose.

Back to Buhari, I believe all his plans will end in tears just like the APC primaries. Even El Rufai was forced to say it out today.

They think we are all fools but they will be shocked at the end.

The South East you love to hate
The South East that is politically inconsequential.
Obi our brother, Tinubu your brother. Take your brother let me take my brother. Chikena

6 Likes

Politics / Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Pinnacle Oil Facility In Lagos (Pictures) by 2ndBase: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2022
[quote author=voltron14 post=117795001]Why always Lagos?

grin[/tquote]

Calm down, Calabar, Port-Harcourt and Onitsha are coming. It will surprise you.
Politics / Re: Why Atiku And Peter Obi Should Desist From Tribal And Religious Politics by 2ndBase: 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:
Everyone can now clearly see through d hypocrisy of the igbos,it’s not that they hate anyone but the problem is that hypocrisy wan finish them

Imagine people who hate gumi with passion n even declare him a terrorist n condemn him that he must b hanged suddenly changed mouth when Peter obi paid gumi a visit

I was shocked to d marrow when I saw Igbo monikers praising gumi,like I was just confused

Imagine a known Igbo moniker calling gumi a better strategist n another one saying we stoop to conquer while another was saying d best way to go without minding what they have said about gumi before

It is now crystal clear that they only hate u because u aren’t in their camp,so if mc oluomo n kabaka they love to hate join Labour Party tomorrow that means they will suddenly become angels?

I believe we all can see d madness now

Kindly heal yourself of idiocy and stupidity before joining issues with PO and the great Igbo nation.

Tell me what is more to the names that Tinubu called GEJ and Obasanjo yet he covered himself in shame and visited the two of them.
It's good for Tinubu but bad for PO.

What a stinking hypocrisy. Tuahh
Politics / Re: MNK: Rufai Oseni Spitting Fire On Arise TV by 2ndBase: 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
Eniitankorede:

I agree with you on that. Yesterday, one of them asked why government didn't give them sea port. I asked him why they forgot to ask Jonathan for it. Jonathan had over 60% igbos in his cabinet, all his girlfriends were igbos. Why did they not get everything they wanted from Jonathan? Even the second niger bridge Jonathan could not start on it. They were all busy milking the country dry. Now they are crying blue murder.

You think like a kid. You mean the Igbos should continue to ask GEJ for a seaport even while he is not in government. You will still ask why didn't they demand it from Yar'dua and Obasanjo even shehu shagari. Ignorants everywhere
Politics / Re: Peter OBI Declared Little Girl Who Celebrate Him As Poster Child Of His Campaign by 2ndBase: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
lhordspy:
Tribal bigot..

Must you go with an igbo person everytime. Of all the little children that as been coming out since your charade of a rally, na only chioma you see

Just look at him trying to evade and disguise his bigotry and sentimentalism by trying to list so many names across different tribe.

When he actually chose chioma

I cant be deceived by this man. God thank you for making me very sane and wise to see through this tribal bigot extremist.

Calm down. Peter Obi will get you a better job so that you stop being a rabble rouser. I can see that you are hungry while waiting for your 30k stipend.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos by 2ndBase: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
EmzyT:
Tinubu supporters Right now:

LOL. You too dey wicked my guy
Foreign Affairs / Re: Western Media Backlash Greet Putin's Condolence To The Queen Yet Uju Condemned by 2ndBase: 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
OneEyedSnake:
Elizabeth was Jewish. You can see it clearly from her early pics as she looks strikingly like Anne Frank.

Prince Charles was circumcised by a Jewish Rabbi and when her late father , King George went on a tour in Europe to visit European monarchs, they were all struck by how uneuropeam and very Jewish the British monarchs looked like. Europe's monarchs are mostly drawn from German and Austrian nobility since the days of The Holy Roman Empire(not to be confused with the Roman Catholic empire).

For years since Oliver Cromwell lifted the ban on Jews setting foot on the British Isles, Jewish merchants and bankers will marry their daughters to British aristocrats and nobility. This arrangement always was a marriage of convenience for the British aristocrat facing imminent bankruptcy in the hands of Jewish loan sharks or the sharp practices of their merchants. The young aristocrat having lost all his inheritance in the gambling dens of the City of London will be approached by the Jewish merchant or loan shark to marry his daughter for loan forgiveness. In Judaism, Jewish women are allowed to marry gentile men as long as such union is to the benefit of the Jews. Children from such unions are bona fide Jews and are secretly raised as Jews under the scholarship of a Jewish rabbi to indoctrinate them into the cult of Judaism. Also, in modern Talmudic Judaism, the maternal lineage is used in determining who is Jewish or not. To be considered Jewish, one's grandmother must be Jewish. This practice continued for centuries and now the British nobility and aristocratic lineage has been polluted by Jewish blood thus making the transformation of the United Kingdom from a Gentile kingdom to a Jewish colony ruled by Jews. As the Jewish power increased culminating to the very throne of England being occupied by crypto Jews, the church of England and Christianity suffered the most.
The open borders policy and unmitigated migration of Muslims into England is a deliberate policy to breed out the hated European blood from England.

So when our Osus blame the UK and Soviet Union for their civil war loss , they should have it at the back of their mind that both the then Soviet Union and British Isles was and still is for the case of Britain controlled by Jews. 70% of people who identify as Jews in Israel migrated from the Soviet union during the purge of Jews in the Soviet govt.

When you even school osus that the biggest beneficiary from the Nigerian civil war was non other than Baron Victor Rothschild from the notorious Rothschild clan who happen to be the defacto rulers of the British govt and the real powers behind the throne, whose Shell BP got concessions over the Niger Delta oil after supplying the Nigerian federal forces with excess antiquated WW2 era weapons in the civil war, these osus will call you a revisionist conspiracy theorist nutjob for daring to blame the very hews they worship as the real forces that saw to them being defeated.

Continuation of trash loaded history that tries to puncture realism and facts. Running rings and rounds like a bull in a circus to create a false historical narrative that massages your notorious ego. Who and what are you to educate one of the most outstanding race in the world. I found you educated but you dispense false sense of humor thinking that the gaulible will buy into your evil historical contrast that you neither directly nor indirectly participated
Foreign Affairs / Re: Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death by 2ndBase: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2022
OneEyedSnake:

In 1963, Nigeria conducted a referendum to determine if the Queen of England should remain our Sovereign Head of State to which we voted a resounding no and from there transitioned to a full Republic with Azikiwe having to function as President from his erstwhile position of Governor-General.

How is the British regent in anyway responsible for our descent to anarchy after you igbos murdered peace of the land and set us on a path to irreversible war all due to your unbridled greed?

As at Jan 15, 1966 the Quern had no more sovereign rights over Nigeria so why do you expect her to intervene ?

You idiots will blame the European Christian colonial powers that put to an end the 400yr long Jewish slavery trade of your ancestors same European missionaries not only civilised your heathen self consuming tribesmen but slowly so to your rehabilitation into civil existence.

Rather than see the hand of the Jew that benefited not only from your enslavement but also from the civil war , you idiots owing to your blind Zionism will leave the Jew and be attacking the European colonialists.

I have said it here severally that you igbos are ingrates who ought to have a shrine to Lord Lugard, the British colonial expedition and Gowon in each of your households.

The British colonialists ended the barbaric slave trade dominated by your Jewish masters who traded exclusively on your ancestors. Without this intervention by the Christian colonialists, you Igbos would have since been harvested to extinction out of present day Nigeria.

As for Lugard, he rehabilitated your fathers from savages to his personal houseboys and by holding his hand led you out from your bush enclave to see the world beyond your cannibalistic realm. Your forefathers apprenticised directly under Lugard and his British expeditionist force.

For Gowon , you need to set a day of the week in reverence to him on insisting on not bowing to the Jihadist elements in his war cabinet who wanted an end to the war after the liberation of the annexed Niger Delta regions. Gowon's reasons where both from his own personal tribal fears of being dominated by the Jihadist north and a nerd to have a bigger Nigeria to check the excesses of the Sokoto caliohate that had vowed to restart their jihad where they stopped after British colonization. Gowon was also pressured by many an Igbo intelligentsia who had become wary of Ojukwu's tyranny and had become demotivated about Biafra after the loss of their most coveted lands in the lower Niger region.

Yes, you Igbo's sabotaged your own war effort so as to prevent an independent Biafran ethno state which was not only the poorest region in Nigeria on Tue heels of a prospective carving out of the COR region (which your Zik warned against stating that "the eastern region will become the poorest if the Niger Delta minorities are allowed to leave the eastern region ).

An independent Igbo nation was thus of the table after the lower Niger was liberated.

You only sound demented, rabid and uncouth in trying to justify your hatred for the Igbo nation.

Sorry we are not of the same line with your false partial-fullfilment of history of which you are neither the actor nor the reporter.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death by 2ndBase: 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
OneEyedSnake:

That Igbo coup was orchestrated for one purpose only which was to dismantle the regional system for an Igbo dictatorship centrist govt after it became inevitable that the so-called minority regions of the eastern region where days from getting carved out from the eastern bloc.

The coup was meant to prevent the federal Parliament from reconvening after the Christmas recess to which the first issue to be tackled on their docket was the aspirations of the Niger Delta people in leaving the eastern region.

Every other rubbish you wrote about why the Igbo Marxists struck is a big fat lie.

The ones others wrote are lies but the ones you write are nothing but the truth. Well I have read the 'truth' you conjured up there. I think it satisfies your ego. Keep it on.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death by 2ndBase: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
OneEyedSnake:
heritage and culture.

The OSU of a Prof is probably bitter over the British govt role in seeing to the defeat of their useless Biafra not knowing that the United Kingdom has been an exclusive colony of Jewish Banksters and merchants since the Oliver Cromwell seditious and treasonous uprising that saw to the regicide of a British monarch followed by the lifting of the over 3 centuries ban on Jews setting foot on the British isles. Since those inglorious years, the British isles has been taken over by Jews to the point that the nobility and aristocratic class have all been jewified through marriages of convenience to offset debts incurred to Jewish bankers.

Bezzos is Jewish and he knows that Elizabeth and the House of Windsor is Jewish .

This linear thinking OSU of a prof does not know the role Jews played in orchestrating their massacre in both the British govt and Jewish infested Soviet union that supported the Nigerian side.

OSU thought her woke credentials allows her to openly insult the late Queen not knowing that civility and general human decency does not allow for such ill talk towards the dead.

But being she is an OSU with zero Home training or a culture or heritage worthy to speak of, these Philistine always expose their inferiority complex by insulting their betters

Osus are beyond redemption

You lied in trying to expunge the tweet of Prof. You were quick to regard and refer to her as OSU. Between the two of you who is better. Prof. Anya knows the history and truth about the Nigeria -Biafra war. Her Majesty kept mum for 30 months while the war lasted and even could not utter a counter order when Wiston Churchill ran amok in support of the Nigerian Federal troupes.

The gory sight of malnourished, kwashiorkored and dieing Biafra kids did not even prick her emotions. All Biafrans knows is that the queen directly and indirectly supervised aggression and war of genocidal proportion on them.

You may wish to eulogize the queen as much as you can.

8 Likes

Politics / Re: Peter Obi Visits EU Headquarter (Pictures) by 2ndBase: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
lhordspy:
Sometimes i do wonder how OBI managed in creeping into this presidential contest. I don't even take him like a serious contender atall. But what can i say, we have the whole of 5% people screaming his name like vagabonds all over social media. Incoming Social media president indeed.

The ndi dot ... Few of them chasing lizards and fighting over Ancestral land in the southeast. Another few of them internally displaced in different IDP's camp[b] all over the country, even in Bornu.[/b]

Handfull of them in Lagos, either selling gala in traffic, or dealing in Mpummiri, or wandering all over the place like homeless scavangers.

Then the remaining lucky few who manage to escape the afganEASTERN , and travelled out. Peter is still going after them scamming and defrauding them of their sufferred hard earn dollars all in the name of Political funding and Lecture gate fee.

The $150m dollar scam he denied still dey pain me uptill now. How can one man be scammer and also a liar

Do this people think atall??

Truth his bitter ofcourse.

Sorry oohh baby adult. It's unfortunate that we still have people who talks incoherently and with senility.

16 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Peter Obi Holds The Record Of Being The Only Idiot To Have Been Impeached (twice by 2ndBase: 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
DeepThroater:
Barely 7months into his tenure , he was impeached .

And tomorrow you will tell me structure doesn't matter.

If he by the longest shot, becomes president, can he in all honesty avoid the same calamity that befell him in his own state?

As Governor , he was even bullied off the road by other Anambra big wigs who used their own police escort to chance him off the road.

Can such a lame duck no structure , I can do it myself individual secure one night in Aso Rock?

He was impeached by evil. That your current president survives impeachment does not make him anything good.

You talk as if you don't reason.
Politics / Re: Obidient Movement; The Worst Campaign Strategy Ever Deployed by 2ndBase: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2022
Herdsmen:
When all their town hall meetings and rallies from Calabar to Nasarawa down to kaduna back to owerri .. all humans present no reach better 10k
Kwankwanso went to same lafia they claim is for obi and shut down the state not even capital
Tinubu they mock shut down Ogun without even awareness

Atiku dwarf vist to yola for a wedding dwarf whatever number that has been campaigning for obi but online and offline

And they keep calling Nigerian youths ...no politician have decamped to Labour save for obi candinate that’s lost anambra elections

Then we ask again.. how IPOB igbos believe Obi will win a state .. I mean where will he see a 500,000 votes
Online their likes and shares .. in all social media platforms no reach 5k combined ..

People wey Dey host banners Na 5 dem Dey appear
Yet Na obi cretians make the loudest noise .. maybe we concur that empty drums makes the most noise

Going by their logic we should conclude that Nasarawa is Kwankwanso enclave

By the time they Obi and IPOB bingos wake .. Their Ekpa for don almost exterminate and bomb out igboland .. so that people in oyo kastina bayelsa Kebbi will suffer and feel the pain grin of electing their own instead of IPOB project

OBi is a pure scam and a beautiful deceit

Nigerians are wiser than IPOB bingos .. is clear Na
How you wan take use noise and abuse garnish with curse win elections

Only in igboland

One of those that believes in writing jagon. PO supporters are holding their town hall meetings, rallies and a million man march in peace. Does such demonstration of love for their candidate make you mad. Why not go and do your own. Haba wetin person do una.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Obidient Movement; The Worst Campaign Strategy Ever Deployed by 2ndBase: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2022
BigBabyJesus:
Soaked in ethnic garb and dripping in religious bigotry , the DisObidient mob clinging to a messiah complex that ONLY an Igbo man can salvage Nigeria from the 7r (and counting) monumental disaster of the Buhari misrule is the only solution without presenting a manifesto or convincing argument why their Igbo project in the form of Peter Obi should be supported.

They have continued to alienate any one who is even yet to be convinced about their candidate talk more of those who had no single desire to consider him in the first place.

In typical groomed IPOB dismissive arrogance and aggressive belligerency characterized by insults and threats, we can take a cue from IPOB and see where all these DisObidient mob originated from with their crassness.

I have always maintained long before Peter Obi declared his DOA presidential bid that an Igbo will see to next year's election annulment but with a Peter Obi and his band of pre radicalized Zionist mob, I see this DisObidient mob being at the fore front calling for an annulment when their candidate is rejected by the electorate. It is what the Igbo mob will do when presented with the rejection of their last and only hope in getting the most coveted position of president that we must be wary of.

Your opening paragraph reeks of gibberish and how paranoid and demented you are.

Why not concentrate on your messianic presidential candidate outside Peter Obi and tell the world that which you accused Peter Obi of not saying.

Your second paragraph exposed the reason why you wrote your nonsense which is to link Peter Obi with IPOB. We are since expecting you to tell us how other presidential candidates are linked to Herdsmen, ISWAP, Bandits and Boko Haram.

Your last paragraph makes you look more stupid when you realized that PO's presidential bid is Dead on Arrival but cannot mind your business and market your own candidate.

Someone suffering from Iberiberism.

1 Like 2 Shares

Politics / Re: "I Was Called A Liar When I Said Nigeria's Total Export Is Less Than $30 Billio by 2ndBase: 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
life2017:
Obi is a die hard liar.

If the export was quoted in naira by NBS, knowing fully well export is done in dollars, NBS can only use official CBN rate to convert it to Naira. NBS is an agent of Nigeria govt and as such can only use CBN approved exchange rate for its statistics.

Because his followers are gullible, OBi is taking advantage of it to say nonsense.

If nigeria bureau of statistics (NBS) had used black market rate, the amount of the export in Naira would have been higher than 18.9trillion Naira.

Obi should be humble enough and accept his ignorance or lie

Nigeria does not sell its goods to foreigners in Naira. The product are exported in dollars. what Nigeria received from export is dollars and not Naira.

Since NBS quoted it in Naira, NBS simply converted the dollars received by Nigeria to Naira. And NBS being an agent of govt, can only use approved CBN rate to convert the value of the export done in Dollars to Naira.

If you must convert it back to the dollars, which is the original currency for the trade, you must use the same exchange rate.

If we use official exchange rate of 420 naira to 1 USD that will mean our export is $45bn dollar.

You may have said the truth. But I want to ask you to factor in the fact that more than 60-70% of exporters gets their forex from the black market . Unless there is something I'm missing.

In politics everyone does not say the best truth or the best lies. He may have underquoted the total export but he is not far from the threshold. They clear-cut message he's trying to pass is that Nigeria can do better considering the enormous potential that God blessed her with.

Buhari and APC cannot diversify. They want to continue to tax Nigerians to get that which they want. Calls and data tax for instance ( not considering VAT as a component of calls and data tax.)
Politics / Re: Mr. Sam Obituary Is Inevitable by 2ndBase: 12:19am On Aug 04, 2022
Evangdanyno2017:
Everyone’s obituary is inevitable.

Chuks Iloegbunam tells Sam Omatseye to cleanse his journalism

Some have called you foolish, dear Sam Omatseye. Others insist that you are plain stupid. There are those who hold you to be beneath contempt. Their howls of execration upon you are in reaction to your August 1, 2022 article entitled Obi (https://thenationonlineng.net/Obi/). For me, however, you are a dear friend. Our friendship started in the 1980s at Newswatch magazine where both of us practiced journalism before you travelled to the United States for further studies. It continued upon your return and strengthened to the point that, sometimes, you get the producers of your TV Continental programme to connect me to field questions live. Besides, living in different states, we often chat by telephone. I demonstrated our amity again last May when I was in Nigeria’s commercial capital for the Lagos International Book Fair. I phoned you and, within the hour, you were at my stand where we spent quality time reminiscing about the good old days and prognosticating on the future of our dear fatherland.

Armed with this handle of friendship, I have just the one advice for you: Be careful. It is in elaboration of this counsel that I write all that you read hereon. Please look back to the time of the Nigeria-Biafra war of 1967 to 1970. You will find that, military or civilian, none of the political actors of that era is still in a position to fight elections today. The final curtain long fell for most of them. Of the lot that remains, some have become vegetables, or are propped up with a suffusion of drugs or would not find their way to the loo unless hired attendants or swearing relatives point it out. Together with the handful that is still blessed with something close to robust health, they have one thing in common. They are seated, restless or restive, in various existential departure halls, clutching fitfully at their boarding passes and waiting for that inevitable voice that cannot be disobeyed, to announce their flights into past tense.

In a broad sense, the departed leave their legacies, good, bad or ugly, for those standing in line and waiting their turns to also check out. What legacies, dear Sam, are you and I feverishly working day and night to leave for those coming in our wake? When you write an article that denigrates the Igbo nation of over 50 million people, and make nonsense of some of those things that mean the most to them, do you really believe that your disposition is justified by the pay and perquisites that accrue to you at Ahmed Bola Tinubu’s The Nation newspapers?

This is you: “The Biafran babblers are alive and well. They just swapped icons, rechristened the shrines and rewrote the rites. They left the prophet for a secular priest. They have had a switch of battle gear.” This clearly is a perfidious way of sentencing Ndigbo to the status of the bat that is neither bird nor mammal. Their fight for Biafra five decades ago was stopped. Their fight now for democratic integration impels you to call them babblers, i.e., people who are no more than endless talkers of nonsense. One would think that the bat sobriquet aptly becomes your Bola Ahmed Tinubu whose initials provide the BAT acrostic that he wears like a badge. I will sooner return to the BAT.

This, again, is your characterisation of the Igbo: “They can say they have a legitimate tribe and rhetoric. They may pretend to love Nigeria. They may claim to embrace INEC, cling to a political party no one in the police or DSS will harangue.”

Isn’t this the height of Igbophobia? We may go back in history. Before Tinubu, there were other Yoruba presidential candidates, including Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Chief M. K. O. Abiola, General Olusegun Obasanjo, Chief Gani Fawehinmi and Chief Olu Falae. None of these personages indexed their presidential ambition on stoking inter-tribal animosity between the Yoruba and the Igbo. As a matter of fact, Chief Philip Ezebuilo Umeadi, Igbo and one of the oldest Senior Advocates of Nigeria, was Papa Awolowo’s running mate in the 1979 presidential election.

Why does it make sense to you and to your principal that the only route to his vaulting presidential ambition must be one that sunders two ethnic groups that have since before the amalgamation been living together in amity, harmony and peace, two peoples that have always, in peace or in peril, lent each other a helping hand?

At the height of the Western Nigeria political crisis of the mid 1960s that pitted Chief Awolowo against Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola, the former’s Action Group (AG) and Dr. M. I. Okpara’s National Convention of Nigerian Citizens (NCNC) entered into a coalition that birthed the United Progressives Grand Alliance (UPGA). We have it on Wole Soyinka’s authority – see page 73 of his autobiographical You Must Set Forth At Dawn (Bookcraft, Ibadan 2006) that Dr. Okpara lent the then incarcerated Awo a voice by dispatching Mazi Anyogu Elekwachi Ukonu and a complement of seasoned broadcasters that installed a transmitter right inside Awolowo’s Ibadan home.

Ndigbo were not a part of Awolowo’s treason trial and his imprisonment for ten years. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe even said that he was the one that insisted on Awolowo being imprisoned in Calabar, rather than in Northern Nigeria where the chief feared that poisoning could end his life.

It was not the Igbo that nullified Chief Abiola’s victory in the 1993 presidential election. Rather, Ndigbo were in the forefront of the NADECO (National Democratic Coalition) struggle against the gross injustice. At least a third of those that formed the NADECO were Igbo, according to a list in Battlelines: Adventures in Journalism and Politics, Chief Segun Osoba’s autobiography published in 2020 by Diamond Publications Limited, Lagos. They included Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, the late Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu, Okwadike (Dr.) Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Prof Anya O. Anya, Chief Ralph Obioha, Chief Empire Kanu, Chief Michael Anyiam, Chief E. Duru, Chief Vincent Nwizugbo and Dr. Uma Eleazu.

NADECO had an international arm. In the United Kingdom, its meetings were held in the late Raph Uwechue’s Africa Books Limited offices in Hammersmith London. Chief Uwechue was Igbo. Dear Sam, I do not know exactly where you were at the time, and I concede that, among Nigerian politicians, there is something known as selective amnesia. If, therefore, your Tinubu, who lived in London for a portion of his exile, does not remember Uwechue’s role in NADECO, I am sure that none of General Alani Akinrinade, Professor Bolaji Akinyemi and Professor Sylvester Monye will ever forget. All the Igbo fighters for June 12 were not dissuaded by the fact that their struggle was to actualise the electoral mandate of Chief Abiola, a Yoruba politician. Apart from incarceration, harassment by security operatives and the alienation of exile, some of these men paid heavily in other ways for their commitment to cause of justice. Chief Bobo Nwosisi died in exile in London. Chief Obioha lost his bank, the First African Trust Bank Limited.

In the light of the above, readers would have to judge for themselves whether or not it is right for you, Sam, to say the following of Ndigbo: “They have transferred the temperament of their former master into the new. And they have not spared any incoherence, any lack of finesse, and threats and tantrums, any show of rabid, primitive cants, or any ululations. They have abused, cursed, thrown imprecations. They have hugged lies about their candidate. They have pelted lies about others. They have distorted material. Obi has turned out to be an excuse for even closet Biafrans to betray open emotions about Biafra without being accused of it.”

To be sure, your writing is not an aberrant occurrence. On July 17, 2022, an Adedamola Adetayo posted on the Internet an anti-Igbo diatribe in which he said, among other things that “They have a POLITICAL ZIONISM already in play. It is in the thing they deceptively call Obidients. That Movement is going to RALLY the Igbos of Lagos in a way that they haven’t ever been rallied. THEY ARE SET TO DETERMINE THE LEADERSHIP OF LAGOS. The priority is to remove Tinubu first. In future they will call the shot. This is what Peter Obi is all about. He has no plans for any Presidency. I can imagine that the ZIONISTS already have their IPOB/UGM all over the places in Lagos, in the Garrisons called Markets, under cover, masquerading as Igbo traders.”

Years before this ranting Adedamola Adetayo, John Femi Kusa, who had been a script editor at The Guardian in Lagos, also showed his claws. In March 2019, he published an article on the Internet with this sentence of a title: Okota: The Igbo Question, Jimi Agbaje, Afenifere And The Rest Of Us. In it, he claimed that, “The major problem, in my opinion, is the Igbo penchant to wish to take over another person’s land…Lagos was either a colony or a part of Western Nigeria. But because of the generosity of Yorubas and the foresight of their forefathers which made this region the star region in West Africa, the Igbos would like the Yorubaman to believe that LAGOS IS NO MAN’S LAND. Can anyone say that of Benin without eating his pounded yam as raw yam?”

Dear Sam, your Obi piece is as incendiary as the hateful views of Kusa and Adetayo. Kusa, now well into his 70s will not physically go feeding the Igbo raw yam. But all the vitriol you guys have been pushing against the Igbo is the stuff that leads the M. C. Oluomos into mindless violence and murder and arson and brigandage. You pen pushers of evil are the ones that egg on the rabble into wielding guns and cudgels and massacring innocent people for transient political offices. Is it right to promote this permittivity simply so that Tinubu will attain his wild goose chase of the presidential crown?

Kusa schooled at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, earning a degree in Mass Communication. All through his years in the Igbo country, not once was he molested or denied his citizenship on account of his origin. Did his welcome at Nsukka lead him into believing that the town was a part of the Yoruba country? According to Facebook, the acerbic Adetayo guy schooled at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, and earned a degree there without abuse, let or hindrance. Maybe it got fixed inside his brain that Awka is an extension of Lagos, or that Azikiwe after whom the institution was named was his progenitor.

If there are Ndigbo who say that Lagos is a no man’s land, can one Igbo person be put up who simply seized a piece of land in the metropolis and converted it to his use? If Nigerians, including Tinubu’s daughters, who have being buying up choice properties in New England, United States, can own houses in Europe, North America, the Middle East and elsewhere, why must it rankle that Ndigbo own property in Lagos? Why must ownership of landed property in one’s own country lead to calumniation and physical harm? Is it not too steep a price to pay in order that Tinubu should become Nigeria’s president?

The Igbo were not responsible for the recent bloody massacre of congregants inside the St Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State. The Igbo are not among those sentenced to death by hanging for the murder of Afenifere leader Chief Reuben Fasanranti’s daughter. The herdsmen marauding, pillaging and plundering Yoruba land, looting, raping women, destroying farmlands and spreading death and destruction are not Igbo. The Igbo man did not kill a soul. He did not contest the governorship of Lagos. He hasn’t ever claimed ownership of Iga Idungaran. The Igbo always lived in peace with the Yoruba – until Tinubu surfaced with his divisive politics. Are the vociferous Igbo supporters of Tinubu no longer of the ethnic group because of their partisan predilection?

Sam, informed readers of your articles are aware that your allusions to classical Anglo-Saxon, Greek and Roman mythologies and literary divergences are no more than an egregious attempt at appropriating the intellectual centre circle. Otherwise, you would appreciate the importance of adding depth to your fulminations. Any owner of a book of quotable quotes or a glossary of literary terms can fill their verbiage with citations. But that is no scholarship, my friend. Look at you: “Obi is like Zik, Kanu like Ojukwu. One is a flair, the other a flare.” Yet, it doesn’t strike you as reasonable to accord some of Zik’s aptitude to Peter Obi, a man who earned an honours degree in Philosophy from Nigeria’s premier indigenous university that was built by the great Zik of Africa. And Ojukwu is no more than a flare. By impugning him with combustibility, you forget that in January 1967, Ojukwu went to Aburi, Ghana, not with an incendiary device, but with the sole purpose of putting out the smoldering fire that was threatening to become a national conflagration. You forget that it was not Ojukwu but those that reneged on the Aburi Accord that tossed a lit match in an ocean of gasoline.

I agree with those that have invested you with the coronet of a seasoned journalist. Except that your coronation disdains the fact that your brand of perceptive journalism is only seasonal. That explains why it bothers you that “Obi hops from church to church,” but means absolutely nothing to you that as Dele Sobowale reported in the Sunday Vanguard of July 10, 2022 “…Bola Tinubu has charged the Supreme Council for Sharia in the country to create a department of political affairs to create political awareness among the faithful towards producing a Muslim President in 2023.” Neither do you care a hoot that, as Dr. Sobowale added in the same article “Tinubu has followed up that injunction to the Supreme Council for Sharia, by making secret pledges to expand the reach of Sharia to more Southern States if elected.”

Rather, you call Peter Obi a hypocrite. But Mr. Obi gave his date of birth, the name of his parents, the town he hails from, the schools he attended and the businesses he is into. All were found to be correct. Not being at all interested in the truth, you threw Mr. Obi’s data out of the window because you must be seen to be frantically propagating a character of disputed age, of unknown pedigree, unascertained genealogy, unsubstantiated name, uncorroborated curriculum vitae, and unverified academic diplomas. You shout from the rooftops that Peter Obi is not fit to govern. But you posit as fit for the presidential palace a specimen of incontinence, tremulous lower extremities, slurred speech, unsteady gait and memory lapses. You cannot be serious, my friend.

Of course, it is your entitlement to advertise even ordure if that captures your fancy, but you may not carry on as though your readers are imbecilic. By raising the Biafran bogey, your intention was clearly to create doubt and apprehension. But your gambit only registered a calamitous failure. Jonathan was President of this country. It didn’t obliterate Niger Delta agitation. Buhari is president of this country; those of his people campaigning for the Islamic State haven’t thrust their swords in their scabbards. You have a fondness for excoriating Nnamdi Kanu. Excellent! Except that your seasonal flair for journalism has never prompted you into examining the Sunday Igboho phenomenon. You make yourself a laughing stock by encapsulating in ethnic strictures the pan-Nigerian Peter Obi Movement that is youth led. You reckon not one bit that the youths that are sick and tired of the sanguinary dreariness and aridity of your principal’s vanishing epoch.

Nonetheless, you cannot contest the truism that, in the last analysis, everything goes and turns round. All metals are bound for the anvil. We are here today – those, like Peter Obi and his equally competent and credible running mate, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, that wish to place a new heart in the Nigerian nation; and others like your principal and his paid battalions of blinkered acolytes that, as Pa Ayo Adebanjo finely put it, are only interested in continuing and escalating the rot they inflicted on hapless Nigerians in 2015. Whatever tomorrow brings, you must continue to ruminate over the legacy you will leave for coming generations. Every one of us will have their entrance and their exit, it being a settled fact that obituary’s certitude rings true for all comers, not just for Peter Obi as you wantonly asserted.

 Chuks Iloegbunam is the author of the upcoming book on Mr. Peter Obi entitled The Promise of a New Era.

May you bow let me kiss your forehead that is flowing with wisdom in appreciation for this masterpiece.

6 Likes

Politics / Re: Peter Obi: The Acclaimed "Messiah" Without The Credentials by 2ndBase: 8:36am On Aug 03, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Since the commencement of the 2023 electioneering season, the term 'Obidient' is a slogan that has dominated the media airwaves, especially on social media. Subscribers to the Obidient slogans are Nigerians that are advocates of Chief Peter Gregory Obi, the Presidential candidate of Labour Party. Majority of his supporters are driven by rare display of patriotism coupled with the popular yearning for political change in Nigeria, a handful of his advocates have taken to the extreme of portraying him as an infallible mortal that is at par or a little lower than a sacred deity. To this set of people, it is abominable to criticise, question or express displeasure in Obi's credentials or candidacy.

Obi, a former governor of Anambra State who until May 23, 2022 was a chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party and Presidential hopeful on the Party's platform, is portrayed by his promoters as the long-awaited messiah to deliver the country from the calamity brought upon the country by the Muhammadu Buhari led administration. He is marketed as one with a "frugal" personality in terms of spending (perhaps a miser) who will not allow waste of public resources as President, and will ensure that Nigeria has enough in its reserves like Anambra had under Obi's administration as governor of the state like he (Obi) claimed - though this claim is disputed by his successor, Chief Willie Obiano - but that is a discussion fot another day. Aside his supposed frugality, Obi is portrayed as an incorruptible public officer that has never engaged in financial misconduct while in office. We'll see how true this claim is!

While I agree with the Obi promoters that Nigeria needs a new political leadership that will rescue the country from its current woes and entrench a working system for sustained improvement of the lives of Nigeria citizens, I disagree with them on the choice of Obi as the ideal pilot to lead Nigeria to greatness. Here is an individual that relies in his personal abilities for leadership. Obi has not made mention of any team that he assembled to work with whether while as governor of Anambra state. Even as the candidate of Labour Party, he has no known campaign team (structure) aside Chief Doyin Okupe. Whenever he speaks, he is always about self. The implication here is that as President he will the typical 'Mister Know-it-all' leader, which will be counterproductive to the expectations of Nigerians. But that is not my biggest concern about Obi.

While most citizens are demanding for devolution of power to the grassroot through restructuring of the Nigeria political system, Obi does not come across as a President that believe in power devolution. His record as Anambra State governor shows a man that does not believe in the third tier of government; which is supposed to be the closest to the grassroot. While the Constitution of Nigeria empowers State Governments through their State Independent Electoral Commission (SIEC) to conduct council elections for this tier of government, Obi who became Anambra State governor in March 2006, wilfully elected to run the local government through appointees under the nomenclature of Caretaker Committee in flangrance disobedience to the Constitution. Obi's refusal to conduct council elections drew the anger of stakeholders within and outside Anambra state, including the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) that he was not just a member but the Vice Chairman. The NGF in its report on Peer Review Mechanism that was released on March 18, 2013 (Obi 7th year in office) decried the action of Obi as undemocratic. Mr. Afeikhema Jerome, who was the National Coordinator of the State Peer Review Mechanism NGF, went further to appeal to Anambra Government under Obi “to urgently set the machinery in motion and conduct credible local government elections”.
(please find Premium Times report on the story here: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/127070-ngf-scolds-anambra-ekiti-16-others-over-non-conduct-of-council-polls.html).

inspite the scolding by NGF, Obi still refused to conduct Council election. He waited until 2 months to the expiration of his tenure (ten months after release of NGF report) to eventually conduct it. Specifically, the election was conducted on 11 January, 2014. In other words, Anambra State had no functional governments at the local government level for 7 years and 10 months out of the 8 years of Obi's reign. Many believed that the council election was hurriedly conducted by Obi so as to get necessary structures on ground to mobilize for votes for Chief Willie Obiano, his anointed candidate for the 2014 gubernatorial election of the State.
(See PT publication on NGF report: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/127070-ngf-scolds-anambra-ekiti-16-others-over-non-conduct-of-council-polls.html). If Obi as Governor stifled the local government system in his state, what magic will he bequeath Nigeria as a whole with respect to power devolution?

Nigeria is plagued with insecurity, terrorism, banditory and insurgency that citizens cannot live their lives freely due to fear of the men of the underworld. The country is in dire need of a leader that will change the tide; but is Obi competent enough to handle such burden? Let's see how he handled similar issue in Anambra State.

As Governor, Obi faced the Biafra agitators under the banner of Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and led by Mr. Ralph Uwazuruike. Obi's solution to address the MASSOB agitation was a declaration of an undemocratic "Shoot-at-sight" order on MASSOB members. The order, which which drew condemnation by many, was issued in June 2006 (3 months into his government), and also extended to members of NARD and "other hoodlums" in the State. As a consequence of the order, security forces combed Onitsha, Nnewi, Oba, Ihiala and environs and were alleged to have shot, killed, and maimed anyone suspected to be member of MASSOB. On 20th January 2013, residents woke up to discover over 40 floating corpses in Ezu River located in Amansea, Awka, Anambra State. Following the discovery, MASSOB through its spokesman, Mr Uchenna Madu (now factional leader of MASSOB), released a statement on 10 February 2013, identified the corpses as that of its members that were arrested by DSS and handed over to Police on November 9, 2012 but disappeared afterwards. He identified some of the bodies as; Basil Ogbu, Michael Ogwa, Sunday Omogo, Philip Nwankpa, Eze Ndubisi, Ebuka Eze, Obinna Ofor, Joseph Udoh and Uchechukwu Ejiofor. Excerpt of the statement reads;

“MASSOB with deep sense of grief and sorrow wishes to inform Mr. Ban Ki Moon (UN Secretary General), President Goodluck Jonathan, US president, Barrack Obama, United Nations Human Rights Commission (UNHRC) and Amnesty International about the gruesome murder of MASSOB members by the Special Anti Robbery Squared SARS, of Nigeria Police Force, Awkuzu Anambra State. Some of our disguised members and family relations of the detained members were denied access to them. Efforts by our counsel to secure their bail from the police were futile. Our demands for their arraignment before a competent court of law were frustrated by SARS officers. We got information from an insider at SARS headquarters, Awkuzu that armless MASSOB members detained at SARS were secretly killed alongside other robbery suspects. Our lawyers, who confidently waited for their arraignment in January 2013 did not believe that such barbaric, primitive and wicked act could happen because, according to them, a comprehensive police reform on Human Rights was being carried out by the new Inspector General of Police.”
(Ref YNaija: https://ynaija.com/bodies-floating-in-river-are-our-members-secretly-killed-by-security-agents-massob-graphic-image/)

Mr. Uchenna Madu again in November 2013 indicted Governor Peter Obi as being responsible for the killing of MASSOB members through his "Shoot-on-sight" order and even vowed to arrest him afer his gubernatorial tenure. In his own words: “We hold Peter Obi responsible for the killings. This reminds us about the 2006 shoot-on-sight order by Governor Peter Obi who massacred about 2,000 MASSOB members. We shall arrest him and pay him back in his own coin in our own way immediately he steps down as the governor because his recent action of killing MASSOB members will heavily affect APGA chances of winning this election.” Madu spoke on November 14, 2013 while reacting to killing of MASSOB members by security forces the previous day.
(ref: https://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/11/we-ll-arrest-peter-obi-after-leaving.html?m=1)

On April 12, 2014, Mazi Chris Mocha, the Deputy Publicity Secretary of MASSOB released a statement on behalf of Uwazuruike fingering Obi alongside Chief Achike Udenwa (former Imo state governor 1999-2007) and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo of ordering killings of MASSOB members extrajudicially. An excerpt of the statement reads; “Mr. Peter Obi and former Imo State governor, Dr. Achike Udenwa, had ordered the killing of MASSOB members between 2003 and 2006 and would be tried in court in due course. Obi had on May 11, 2006 under the Presidency of Olusegun Obasanjo deployed over 200 federal troops most of who were of Hausa and Fulani tribes to Onitsha and issued a shoot-at-sight order to them. Thousands of our members were killed, including a pregnant woman and 65 others still missing,”

Clearly, Obi could not manage the insurgency in Anambra State as governor, how much more that of Nigeria that is more complex with religious and ethnic coloration?

Another concern on Obi is his alleged abuse of office in the management of public funds and dishonesty in the forms with respect to failure to declare some assets that he had interest in before the Code of Conduct Bureau. Dishonesty is one character that is not expected of a President that is determined to effect change positively.

Peter Obi is among the public figures that were indicted by Pandora Papers of financial misconduct. Specifically, he was said to have of used the name of his daughter, Gabriella to set up discreet Company named Gabriela Investments Limited in 2010 (during his 4th year in office as Anambra Governor) in British Virgin Island through a local registered agent, Aleman Cordero Galindo & Lee Trust (BVI) Limited (Alcogal). Acces International, a notorious firm located in Monaco facilitated the deal. Peter Obi was also fingered to own other offshore companies that he hid in secrecy. He equally had interest in NEXT International (UK) 14 months into his term as governor: which is contrary to the law. Worse is, he didn't declare these assets before the Code of Conduct Bureau; a statutory requirement for public officers. As reported by Premium Times, Obi equally admitted to operate offshore businesses and maintained foreign accounts while as Governor - in disobedience to the Constitutional provisions.
(Read more on this: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html).

Penultimate to 2015 election, many refused to x-ray the suitability of Muhammadu Buhari because we were carried away by the "Change" slogan of APC, we cannot afford to repeat same blunder with the "Obidient' slogan in 2023. Sloganeering do not translate to good governance and better welfare for Nigeria citizens.

May God Help Us and Help Nigeria
TonyeBarcanista writes from Abuja
I can be reached at: @TonyeBarcanista on Nairaland, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

Tonye we know the candidate whom you support and are doing the hatchet job for. That your candidate is more of a saint and without blemish.

Please I urge you to write about him and tell Nigerians sweet words concerning his deeds. Leave Obidients with their candidate and concentrate to market your Pius contestant.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Photo: Obituary Photo Of Sam Omatseye Trends Online. by 2ndBase: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2022
Image123:

Unfortunately and unknowingly, you have started sounding like the ipod gang. Could you have made your point without insulting me, or do you ask your usually dad this question in a disagreement?
BTW, Mr. Sam said that Obi is moving towards an electoral Obi. You should read the nice article . He's a media person. "Name calling/throwing jibes" (although he actually didn't personally call or refer to Obi as Obi) is fairly common in our media space. Personal threats to life, suggesting about physical death is not common and should not be encouraged. Especially not by the purists claiming to be fighting for a new and better Nigeria/future.
Well what do i know, i pray God delivers Nigeria from Obi happening to Nigeria. We can't afford this madness in the name of support.

You tried to teach us English/grammar but you have not succeeded in telling us the meaning of Obituary. Maybe it means another thing in the print media which we don't know.

We waiting!!
Politics / Re: Photo: Obituary Photo Of Sam Omatseye Trends Online. by 2ndBase: 11:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
chinchum:
I really shudder how there wont be violence at the end of the 2023 elections. The level of toxicity exhibited by the Obi supporters is alarming. Obi is not winning 2023 elections.When campaign starts next month, the reality will set in, although most will choose state of denial when it starts getting clear that they are actively present in just about 11 states. It will hit them strongly. In those 11 states, they will be met with the forces of the two big parties APC and PDP.

You know that it's the election that is the major determinant of who wins, yet your candidates will leave the substance of the occasion and sponsor damaging and libelous article against another candidate.

Why don't you people leave Obi alone and focus on what your candidate will do if elected. Your trying to deflate and divert people's attention with your jagon about a particular candidate is dead on arrival.

11 out of 36 yet you will not mind your business with your 25 advantage. I pity your kind.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Photo: Obituary Photo Of Sam Omatseye Trends Online. by 2ndBase: 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2022
ElSudani:

It is one thing to make a caricature of a politician, this is done harmlessly all over the world.
It is another thing to threaten fellow citizens with violence because they don't support your candidate.
This is terrorism. Obi's supporters are therefore terrorists.

Sam made a caricature of Obi and even to the extent to lampoon him. Obidients retaliated with a mock poster caricature of Sam.

Again, from what investigation did you come to the conclusion that it was actually Obi's real supporters that threatens people and not moles and attack dogs planted by opposition candidates to drag him down.

If you don't know that Nigerian politicians are capable of anything then you need to go back to the kindergarten.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Photo: Obituary Photo Of Sam Omatseye Trends Online. by 2ndBase: 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
BATified2023:
don’t argue with them

Every Nigerian is getting the message,once u don’t support peter obi u must go down

They are d ones screaming Islamization agenda n they are d same people that shut down mbaka church for criticizing obi

The same people that threatened to kill reno omokri n his daughter

Now we have this,I pray they continue this way till election by then every Nigerian eye go clear

Obidients are only telling you to stay on your track and maintain your lane. That's not too hard to follow. If You encroach into their lane, they will bulldoze into your lane. Obidients are only passing a short and simple message. I hope you don't expect them to be docile when you attack them.
Politics / Re: Zulum Knows Tinubu Cannot Win 2023 Election: Rejects VP Position by 2ndBase: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
Moh247:
cool

No wonder a region of 30 million grown human couldn't produce an head of state in 50 years, no VP in 35 years no Senate President in 15 years no Speaker in 35 years no service chief

They can't logically analysis issues without emotions

Borno State has the second number of registered voters in North after Kano..

Should Kano go for Kwankwaso, Borno goes for Shetima, Zulum re Election would guarantee a very easy win for APC

Tell the whole world what you have done with your 50 years of presidency and your 35 years of service chief etc.

It's unfortunate that most of you doesn't know how a good and ideal Economy works.

Grabbing power for the purpose of subjugation, intimidation and victimization is an old styled method of ruling that was practiced during the time of bullionism and mercantilism of those failed empires.

First make Nigeria a power broker in the committee of nations. Let her earn her respect and admiration.

Your blabbing and spewing of gibberish all over the space is not a way of giving and bringing supersonic economic policies like.

Even if you rule for thy kingdom come with a deliberate exclusion of a part that belongs to your body thinking you are doing the best is a disaster waiting to happen.

I wish you and your candidate the best of luck in the presidential election, not minding the fact that you'll be a dangerous and terrible adviser to the person.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Reno Omokri To Peter Obi: Beer Is Haram To Muslim Northerners by 2ndBase: 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Keegan:
Bola Ahmad, a friend of Jack Obinyan replied him:

Stop Comparing Aeroplane With Housefly...

It's either some people were too young or politically naive at the period Asiwaju held sway as the Governor of Lagos State and Peter Obi as the Governor of Anambra State.

Better still, let us pardon them; some of them have not been to Anambra or Lagos. As for those who were old enough and have been to both States, I will say ignorance and bigotry, at times, could make one rate Niger Republic over Nigeria.

How on earth would a sane person be comparing Tinubu of Lagos and Peter Obi of Anambra. What sort of warped comparison is that, for God's sake! It's like comparing America with Chad Republic. They are thousands of miles apart. They are just poles apart!

In 1999, I was a 200-level university undergraduate, studying chemical engineering in LAUTECH. I was politically involved and active at that time. I knew how Asiwaju administered Lagos, so also for Peter in Anambra when he took over from Dr Chris Ngige.

Asiwaju Tinubu laid a solid foundation for good governance in Lagos. A foundation that the successive governments of Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo-Olu built on. Records are sacred. They are there for everyone to check.

Asiwaju created lasting and enduring institutions of governance. Institutions that outlive Asiwaju administration. LAWMA, LASTMA, LAMATA and the LCDAs are some of the examples of institutions founded by Tinubu of Lagos. They are still there till date in Lagos.

Asiwaju brought about ingenuity and innovative ideas to revenue generation in his State. Lagos State did not change its name from 'State of Aquatic Splendor' to 'Centre of Excellence' for nothing. Asiwaju truly proved it.

In the history of Nigeria, Tinubu is/was the only governor who survived without taking a dime, for years, from the Federal Government monthly statutory allocation. He paid the price for conceiving the great idea of creating LCDAs. A template many states are emulating today.

While the administration of Obasanjo withheld the Lagos allocation for many months, Asiwaju of Lagos devised sound means of revenue generation and did not owe any salary. This is good governance in its raw form!

Furthermore, except we want to redefine good governance, aside its conventional meaning, Peter Obi is not in the class of Kwankwaso of Kano, let alone Asiwaju Tinubu. We know what Kwankwaso did in Kano. We have to be frank with ourselves.

Ask anyone from Kano about Kwankwasiyyah Amaana. After Lagos and Abuja, Kano is the most beautiful city in Nigeria. Kwankwaso revolutionalise Kano in the aspect of infrastructure and workers welfare. I have been to almost all the states capitals in Nigeria. I know what is obtainable in each city.

As for Peter Obi, except his followers are talking about another Peter Obi, which we don't know. If it is the same Peter, the former Governor of Anambra State, then his supporters must be kidding or trying to be overnight comedians.

Is it Peter Obi, who invested Anambra fund in a family business and was impeached by the Anambra State House of Assembly for corruption and poor performance in office, they are talking about?

Is it the same Peter Obi, who did not care about the welfare of Anambra State doctors and they went on strike for thirteen months? Or there is another Peter apart from the Peter Obi of Anambra, who did not care till Anambra State ASUU went on strike for six months?

The notorious and evil Akpuzu SARS, who was accused of innumerable extra-judicial killings, functioned and had a field day under Peter Obi administration. I hope his supporters are aware of these facts? Which Peter Obi are we really talking about, please?

Is it still the one whose name was mentioned in the Pandora Papers? Pandora Papers, for those who may not understand, means those corrupt politicians and rich men, who were indicted for running secret businesses through illegal and corrupt means. Peter Obi's name was mentioned in the illicit reports. Till today, he has not denied the scathing allegations of brazen corruption.

Tell me it is not this same Peter who started the intra-religious rivalry between the Catholic and Protestants (Anglican) in Anambra. An ethnic chauvinist who evicted Nigerians, who are non-Anambrarians, especially the Northerners, from Anambra State?

Someone who says he does not see anything wrong in IPOB's criminal activities in Igboland. Peter Obi of all people as Nigeria's president? God forbid bad thing in Nigeria. May Peter Obi never happen to Nigeria. Amin.

Campaign of calumny. Say what you want about your candidate and not any comparison that does not hold water. Lagos is a rich state likewise Kano state. These states are far richer than Anambra state. If Peter Obi was to inherite the fortunes of Lagos or to govern it directly he would have done better than Tinubu. Yes! You can take that to the bank. Can you tell me the greatest achievements of Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, Goodluck and Buhari before becoming president.
Politics / Re: Igbokwe To South-East Leaders: Choose Between Biafra, SGF, Senate President by 2ndBase: 11:36am On Jul 04, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
This Igbokwe na one sharp guy. He doesn't fight a lost battle unlike many Igbos do.

He uses his head, he's more realistic than sentimental.

Anyone that hopes or believes Peter Obi can be president in this current Nigeria of today is either clueless or very unintelligent.

Mention one strong Northern Politician that has been enthusiastically supporting Peter Obi. On the other hand, check out the several Norther big politicians following Tinubu.

Kwankwaso has told you the truth that Northerners cannot vote Obi and everyone sensible Nigerian knows that.

Igbos need to learn wisdom and strategy. Everything is not Chestbeating! Tinubu had an ambition but the wise man supported Buhari a Northerner first so has to pave way for him when it's his turn.

If you Igbos don't drop your useless Ego, form strategic alliances, you guys might NEVER have an Igbo become president!

Power is expected to return to the South, instead of you and your useless Leaders to strike a deal with Tinubu/APC. Support them now and you guys will produce a president when power returns to the South.

The Alternative you guys have, which I feel will most likely be the case due to your political cluelessness and Chestbeating is that you will continue to hate and abuse Tinubu. Without your 5% support, Tinubu will still become president.

A Northerner becomes president after 8 years

A SouthSoutherner becomes president for another 8 years.

A Northerner again

A Yoruba Man again and it continues like that till you guys decide to have sense!

Sounding like a broken record. You think you are God to wag your tongue bla bla bla

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.