Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10981 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2009
U keep deluding the christian. Where is it written that Jesus was God or he said worship me. Give a simple answer Banasare !
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Marlbron: 10:21am On Aug 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Do you hear how you sound ? Like a myserable mortal, no one will tell you that Allah is an angel, why not go through wikipaedia instead of rambling. Moses, enoch, jacob, elisha and many others met God according to the bible. You need to go back to school bro

No amount of rabble rousing will remove the truth. The Lord that met Abraham , Jacob and Moses was an angel of God Almighty. Remember jacob was said to wrestle with "God". Jesus and the apostles confirmed in the New Testament that no man had seen God except Jesus Christ. This is true. Whether you believe or not, it does not matter- your input does not change the truth. Allah is an angel, believe or not, no problem. You cannot know the True God Almighty God except you know his Christ. That is true, you can deride it to your peril, it does not change the truth.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2009
Interesting ! If no one hath sin God then will you say jesus is God ? I can see you in confussion, you even said no one hath seen God except jesus, hence jesus is not Lord/GOD.

Very Good
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Marlbron: 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
Jesus declared him because he is part of the Godhead. The Godhead is a combo of the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, if it means anything to you! (1+1+1=1)

Young man, these things are True, whether you believe or not, is immaterial. Whether you say Christ is not God or that Christ is God, it does not really matter. The truth remains the truth. Your Allah though is not the Almighty God and your Allah needs the Christ of God to come to the Almighty God. If you believe in your Allah, fine. At least your Allah knows the truth about the Godhead and believes in the word (Christ). If Abraham and Moses and all the patriachs saw God, what was the point in Christ coming? The old testament is not the full story of the scriptures, that is why there is a new testament. Come to think of it, those patriach's were murderers and were in no way clean enough to interact with the Almighty God.

What matters in this world is your relationship with your fellow man. Do you love your neighbour? If you do not love your neighbour, you cannot say you love God, you do not see. If you kill your neighbour in the guise of fighting for God, did God tell you he cannot fight for himself?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2009
alimat 2:

@OLAADEGBU

Im nt a fool that follows a doctrine without solid spiritual bases/backing, Thank u for your sermon

if u wanna convince me of your Jesus,god and the Hsprite put together as 1 then i want u to tell me if trinity is the same God of Abraham,Jacob,moses, etc.

Jesus had this conversation with some far to see and sad to see unbelievers in John 8:56-58

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews to Him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham? Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am."

Jesus was affirming that He was God manifest in the flesh. He is the Great "I AM", the Eternal One who revealed Himself to Moses in the burning bush -- Exodus 3:14.

alimat 2:

For me to accept your view i need to be convinced without confusion about who Jesus really is god,son of god, son of man,etc.

I cannot convince a fly, it is only God that can convince and convict you, and that only if you allow Him by having a humble, contrite and willing heart because my God will not force against your own will. All I can do is to give you some pointers and leave you to decide what you want to do with them. Jesus Christ is fully human and fully God. He is a stumbling block to New Agers who struggle with His humanity and also a rock of offense to the religious sinners who disagree with His deity.

alimat 2:

Since it has being stateted in the bible that Jesus brought the message of ONE TRUE GOD and it as being confirmed in the Koran the GOD IS ONE AND NOT TRINITY OR FRACTION gOD(1+1+1=3 or 1/3 god).then y wont i serve that ONE TRUE GOD of Abraham,moses, Jacob,Noah,Jesus,Mohamed(PBUT) instead of serving a god that is not complete(fraction).

Elementary mathematics will agree that 1 x 1 x 1 = 1; Just as a triangle having three equal sides (lines) remain one figure. Try and figure that out if you are still confused.

alimat 2:

Lik u quote the holy quoran and u read about Jesus and other Prophets, i guess the quoran did not tell u that God has son or he is 1/3.The quoran told u not to discriminate among the prophet.
Since u know the son of god can u tell me who his father,mother and wife is?

I believe that I have explained the uniqueness of His Sonship in an earlier post, it is up to you if you wish to ignore it. If you claim that you don't discriminate among the prophets and you believe that Jesus Christ is a Prophet then believe this declaration of His when He said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me."

Paige Patterson stated, "It comes down to a question of truth. Every false religious expression is a religion of darkness. That doesn't mean there are no good things in that faith. But if Jesus is to be taken seriously when He says, 'No one comes to the Father but through Me,' every other proposal is one of darkness."
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2009
When will you people understand that father is not the same with son. Why don't you say jesus is a holy ghost ? Nawa o
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
He is the King of the Jews.  That is a racial statement.  Make no mistake about it, He is Jewish.

He is also the King of Israel.  He is a national King.

He is also the King of all Ages, the King of Heaven, the King of Glory, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

He was a Prophet before Moses; a Priest after Melchisedek; a champion like Joshua; an offering in the place of Isaac; a King from the line of David; a wise counsellor even above Solomon; a beloved, rejected and then exalted son like Joseph.  And yet far more.

The heavens declare His glory and the firmament shows His handiwork.  He is, was and always will be; He is the first and the Last, the Alpha and Omega, the Aleph and the Tau, the A and the Z; He is the firstborn of them that slept. 

He is the "I AM that I AM," the voice of the burning bush.  He is the Captain of the Lord's Host, the conqueror of Jericho.

He is enduringly strong; entirely sincere; eternally stedfast; immortally grateful; imperially powerful; impartially merciful.  In Him dwells the fulness of the Godhead bodily; the very God of very God.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2009
King ? What a regicide king
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Truthonly(m): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2009
The verses below declare Jesus Christ as God Almighty!

Firstly,

It was His self declaration as God that got Him into trouble in the first place;

John 10

24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

31[b]Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him[/b].

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

ALSO SEE

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14[b]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us[/b] (that's Jesus), (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Note: The Bible is authored by the Holy Spirit and you're required to receive Him if you're going to get much of what He is revealing to His CHURCH
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:26am On Aug 22, 2009
Jesus died for our sins; . . . . shocked shocked now let's get our money's worth. kiss
Jesus walks into a hotel, puts three large nails down on the counter, and says, "Can you put me up for the night?"
So, after Pope John Paul, shouldn't the next one be Pope Ogaga Onowighose?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2009
He is our kinsman redeemer, and so He is also our Avenger of Blood. He is our City of Refuge; our Performing High Priest, our Personal Prophet, our Reigning King.

He is the loftiest idea in literature; the highest personality in philosophy; the fundamental doctrine of theology; the Supreme Problem in higher criticism. He is the Miracle of the Ages; the superlative of everything good.

You and I are the beneficiaries of a love letter written in blood on a wooden cross erected in Judea two thousand years ago. He was crucified on a cross of wood; yet He made the hill on which it stood. By Him were all things made that were made; without Him was nothing made that was made; by Him are all things held together!

What held Him to that cross? It wasn't the nails! What held Him there was His love for you and me.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2009
 I cant just believe you keep turning me  Twisted Evil when ever i stumble across this article.  It is such a stupid question,because you wont like to read my stupid answer too.

(ಠ_ಠ )
                    ^
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Recognise: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2009
Alimat 2 (f) on: August 12, 2009, 03:31 PM :

Post #1 on: Who Is Jesus Christ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who really is Jesus Christ?

Is he God, Son of God, Son of Man, Son of David, Incarnate of God, Part of Trinity, Prophet/messenger of God e.t.c

cos i believe its not possible for one person to be all this.

Xtians please your candid responce is needed

Alimat 2 (f)

- Alimat 2 (f)

Do you really want to know?

If Yes, then three questions for you

1) Are you prepared and ready for the Truth?

2) If Truth stares you in face eye ball to eye ball would you recognize it? . . . Hmm?

3) Can you grasp and handle the Truth if dropped into your lap? Huh?

Please dont embark on what you arent prepared to see to the end grin

Anyways let's kick off with these familiar and similar openings  grin

Who really is Alimat 2?

Is she a person, a human being, someone's  child, daughter of someone, part of the Alimat 2 family? . . .

Hmm, is she an employer or a worker, a wife, an aunty, a sister, a mother, a CEO, a female, a woman/lady etc

Really would like to know whether its possible for Alimat 2 (f) to be all these at the same time grin

We anxiously but patiently await your responses to questions 1; 2 & 3 above grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by muhsin(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2009
Recognise:

Alimat 2 (f)

- Alimat 2 (f)

Do you really want to know?

If Yes, then three questions for you

1) Are you prepared and ready for the Truth?

2) If Truth stares you in face eye ball to eye ball would you recognize it? . . . Hmm?

3) Can you grasp and handle the Truth if dropped into your lap? Huh?

Please dont embark on what you arent prepared to see to the end grin

Anyways let's kick off with these familiar and similar openings  grin

Who really is Alimat 2?

Is she a person, a human being, someone's  child, daughter of someone, part of the Alimat 2 family? . . .

Hmm, is she an employer or a worker, a wife, an aunty, a sister, a mother, a CEO, a female, a woman/lady etc

Really would like to know whether its possible for Alimat 2 (f) to be all these at the same time grin

We anxiously but patiently await your responses to questions 1; 2 & 3 above grin

grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Truthonly(m): 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2009
The verses below declare Jesus Christ as God Almighty!

Firstly,

It was His self declaration as God that got Him into trouble in the first place;

John 10

24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27[b]My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me[/b]:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30[b]I and my Father are one[/b].

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

ALSO SEE

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14[b]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (that's Jesus)[/b], (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Note: The Bible is authored by the Holy Spirit and you're required to receive Him if you're going to get much of what He is revealing to His CHURCH
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2009
In two or three verses you quoted, jesus said the father is greater than him. If jesus and his father are one in mere context it will be contradiction hence it becomes parable, how ? GOD sent jesus, if you obey a messenger is like you obey the king likewise defiant, this is clear message that if you obey jesus you obey God subsequently equivalent to I and God are one. It is a parable
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Truthonly(m): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2009
Read through once more Abuzola.

Read slowly this time.

The nature of God Almighty is 1. Father, 2. The Word(Son) and 3. The Holy Spirit

The Father is that part of God that's permanently on His throne in Heaven.

The Word is His expressions that give instruction, direction(light) and carries His power.
This Word was delivered to a virgin called Mary by an Angle and that word she believed
produced in her, what it spoke of; a baby Jesus(who Himself was the Word)

And the Holy Spirit is the doer of the Word(God's instruction, direction). He causes God's
wish to be. The Holy Spirit is the one who came into the earth after Jesus died, resurrected
and ascended back into Heaven.

The Holy Spirit is the one living in the Church of Jesus Christ today. He lives in the Christians
who have received Him by Faith. He is the one who teaches us the Word of God, He enlightens
us on the realms of God and leads us in Victory all the time.

The Holy Spirit
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Comingo: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2009
Jesus Christ is not YWH.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 12:01am On Aug 23, 2009
Thank you comingo
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Recognise: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2009
Truthonly:

Read through once more Abuzola.

Read slowly this time.

The nature of God Almighty is 1. Father, 2. The Word(Son) and 3. The Holy Spirit

The Word is His expressions that give instruction, direction(light) and carries His power.
This Word was delivered to a virgin called Mary by an Angle and that word she believed

And the Holy Spirit is the doer of the Word(God's instruction, direction). He causes God's
wish to be. The Holy Spirit is the one who came into the earth after Jesus died, resurrected

The Holy Spirit is the one living in the Church of Jesus Christ today. He lives in the Christians
who have received Him by Faith. He is the one who teaches us the Word of God, He enlightens

The Holy Spirit

@Truthonly

- Truthonly

You're not doing bad, not doing bad at all . . .  wink

We are watching, reading & following. We've got your back wink wink

Understanding how MONARCHS & KINGDOMS operate is one of the keys to grasping the whole shebang

Please allow me to briefly chip in a bit & step back . . .  smiley

@Abuzola

- Abu

"In two or three verses you quoted, Jesus said the father is greater than him.  

If Jesus and His father are one in mere context it will be contradiction hence it becomes parable,
" you stated

Hey, questions please:

1) Is OBAMA; Michelle's husband the same person as OBAMA the President?

2) Who is greater, OBAMA as Michelle's husband or OBAMA as President?

I keep reminding you that theology is not your forte

so stop deluding yourself & stop bamboozling others

Jesus wasn't/isn't a "Messenger" and messenger was never a title used by Jesus

Messengers are Angels (i.e. Angelos in Greek or Malaika in Hebrew)
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 12:47am On Aug 23, 2009
Do you want me to quote a verse and if i do then you are the liar ?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Recognise: 12:57am On Aug 23, 2009
Abuzola:

Do you want me to quote a verse and if I do then you are the liar ?

@Abuzola

- Abu

Sure!

Of course. Go for it . . .  grin

Have a good happy search grin
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Comingo: 1:13am On Aug 23, 2009
Abuzola:

Thank you comingo

dont thank me. save it to yourself. do you know who YWH is? i'm not talking about allah here.

Jesus is not YWH but the Chief Angel or Archangel as referred to Angel Michael the defender of humanity against the rebellion.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by henrijin: 5:24am On Aug 23, 2009
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Born of a virgin, Mary. He issued directly out of God on an emergency mission to salvage those humans who still had a spark of Truth in them. In this happening came The Trinity. The Almighty Father works in three-fold as God, The Father; God, The Son(Jesus, The Love of God) and God, The Holy Spirit(Imanuel, The Will of God). This avenue can't give comprehensive explanations. If you sincerely long for The Truth, go out and seek; for, it is in seeking, one finds.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Truthonly(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2009

Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2009
@comingo- you are right again. You are welcome
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by chibaby5(f): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2009
@ topic

He is alot, but more importantly. . . . my saviour and da saviour of all mankind
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2009
Compiled by Abuzola

@recognise-

Oxford dictionary: messanger: A person who carries a message.

Jesus said 'O righteous father, the world has not known thee, but i have known thee, and these know that thou hast sent me. I made known to them thy name and i will make it known that the love with which thou has loved me may be in them and i in them' john 17:25-26

'i bear witness to myself and the father who sent me bears witness to me' John 8:18

what message did jesus conveyed ?

John 17:3
'And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the Only true God, and jesus christ whom thou has sent'

mark 12:32
'And the scribe said unto him 'well, master thou hast said the truth, for there is one God and there is none other but He'

Then did jesus worship God ?

Oh yeah,
mathew 14:23 'And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray'

'O people of the scripture (christian) ! Do not exceed the limits in your religion nor say aught but the truth. The messiah, jesus son of mary was no more than a messenger of God' Quran 4:171
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2009
Jesus is a son of God just like any other christian mathew 5:9 'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God' . If thats the case then every peacemaker is a son of God, hence jesus is just the son of God like you. O christian wake up.

John 5:30
jesus said 'i can do nothing on my own authority, as i hear, i judge, and my judgement is just because i seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me'

mathew 23:9
'and call no man your father upon the earth for one is your father which is in heaven' from this we are made to know that fatherhood and sonship is ment to be relationship between the Lord and His servants, it is meant in a general sense and not specifically for jesus'

'verily, you (Muhammad) cannot guide whom you like, but God guides whom He wills to guide. And He knows best those who are the guided' Quran 28:56
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06am On Aug 24, 2009
Do you know Him?

His offices are manifold; His reign is righteous; His promises are sure; His goodness is limitless; His light is matchless; His grace is sufficient; His love never changes; His mercy is everlasting; His Word is enough; His yoke is easy; and His burden is light!

He is indescribable; He's incomprehensible; He's irresistible; He's invincible!  The Heaven of heavens cannot contain Him; man cannot explain Him; The Pharisees couldn't stand Him and found out that they couldn't stop Him; Pilate couldn't find any fault with Him; the witnesses couldn't agree against Him.  Herod couldn't kill Him, death couldn't handle Him and the grave couldn't hold Him!

He has always been and always will be; He had no predecessor and will have no successor.  You can't impeach Him and He isn't going to resign!  His name is above every other name, that at the name of Yeshua, every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess, that Jesus Christ is Lord!  His is the Kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever.  Amen!
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by thithi(f): 3:39am On Aug 24, 2009
The king of kings.
The lion of the tribe of judah
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2009
Jesus a regicide kind indeed. He died a miserable death. What a blow to christianity, he even cried

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

5 Birthday Gifts You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today / The Anthem Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.