Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

30watts's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 30watts's Profile / 30watts's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 by 30watts: 11:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hello guys. Please is there a way to remove a certificate (ICAN) from WES and include a different one (ATS) after I have commenced the application process and sent stuff like WAEC results and University transcript already? If you could point me to pages on this current thread and past threads where I can find this info I'll gladly read up.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 30watts: 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2018

Olabestonic001:

I'm telling you.
Many Nigerians (men and women alike) will regret getting a PR later in life. The men, because they know next to nothing about love and the women, because the know next to nothing about marriage.

They'd be better off staying back in Naija or better still reformatting their mindsets towards marital harmony. A rebellious woman will be happy that Canadian system favors women and she will be glad to exploit that. A foolish man will be hell bent on his African mentality of marriage and get his life shattered in Canada.

I hope arguments of head and shoulder is dispelled for love, serving each other, honesty and purity.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 30watts: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
PPR and Landing in part 6 by the special grace of God. I will quote this statement soonest in Jesus Name Amen. wink

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ask your friend to read page one,visit the internet and do his own research. Tell him about Nairaland so he can ask his own questions. Thank me later

Trizadove:
please gurus in the house, a friend of mine who is a student in Canada(Masters student) wants to apply for PR, how will he go about it?

13 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Taju Now Called Opeyemi: Funke Akindele Gives Update On Young Viral Sensation by 30watts: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2018
You are very stupid for this insensitive comment. Is she God, you (sadists that have lost all hope in life) think you can come to social media and write rubbish. I won't curse you but please think before you type such.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

When will she give us update on the state of her womb?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2018
Please is there a watsapp group for November AOR? If yes how can I join?
Thanks.....
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nah fat you fat you no kill person.... grin

It won’t affect your chances.

kakashi12:
I need some clarifications..Can being overweight affect your PR application? I did my medical and my BMI is slightly above 25?

8 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
Graduate can actually find good answers on www.google.com and then come back to ask direct questions that aren't generic and require answers based on individual experiences.

vosquare:
Hello, what can you tell a graduate that wants to relocate to Canada?
What kind of vocational skills should he have (if important)?
How much for the visa, ticket and other transport fare?
How much is their house rent/yr and is there any allowance for a new person?

Just advice a graduate pls. Thanks

22 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 5:37am On Nov 01, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2019.html

30watts:
They’ve released new plans for 2019 to 2021

So y’all have more time to plan and get what we want. Congrats in advance

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 5:37am On Nov 01, 2018
They’ve released new plans for 2019 to 2021

So y’all have more time to plan and get what we want. Congrats in advance

orenishii:

Butresses my point that they still very much need us. No need panicking that they will shut down the program like some people feared.

Thanks for this.

8 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2018
HELLO All

Hope you are doing great.

I have been denied UK VISA thrice in the past, how much detail am I required to give in answering the question: "Has Adamu Tobi Chuma been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? ... Please provide details:

Is it okay to simply give the reference numbers of these denials or I have to give details of the reason why?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
30watts:
Hello Guys

Please I need clarification as regards the POF. I have mutual funds with Stanbic IBTC (Money Market) which covers the needed amount and I also intend to use my 25% of my pension fund. Is providing this enough or it is mandatory to still provide bank account statements (*account balances are very low. I recently paid my grad school fees in the US and no income for now) ? I have researched but have doubts hence the reason to know what successful applicants have done in the past.

Relevant link below is a bit ambiguos to me:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Thank You
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
30watts:
Hello Guys

Please I need clarification as regards the POF. I have mutual funds with Stanbic IBTC (Money Market) which covers the needed amount and I also intend to use my 25% of my pension fund as a buffer. Is providing this enough or it is mandatory to still provide bank account statements (*account balances are very low. I recently paid my grad school fees in the US and no income for now) ? I have researched but have doubts hence the reason to know what successful applicants have done in the past.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Thank You
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello Guys

Please I need clarification as regards the POF. I have mutual funds with Stanbic IBTC (Money Market) which covers the needed amount and I also intend to use my 25% of my pension fund. Is providing this enough or it is mandatory to still provide bank account statements (*account balances are very low. I recently paid my grad school fees in the US and no income for now) ? I have researched but have doubts hence the reason to know what successful applicants have done in the past.

Thank You
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
Thanks for the early wishes, I just got ITA but i'll quote this your great and warm wish when PPR lands....

P.S I also love Alomo

iPopAlomo:

Merci beaicoup...
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2018
It does, thanks

purplerain:
Hello.

I used the funds in my mutual fund as my POF. In order to get the letter, you need to pay N2,625 to the asset management account and send the proof of payment to them via an email. See below;

Bank – Stanbic IBTC

Account name – Stanbic IBTC Asset Management

Account number – 0001373656

Branch – Idejo

Forward the proof of payment to assetmanagement@stanbicibtc.com, Mutualfunds@stanbicibtc.com

Also indicate who you would like the letter to be addressed to.

Hope this helps

1 Like 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Please has anyone applied with Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds specifically the Guranteed and Money market funds? Does Stanbic print the statement alongwith the letter required by IRCC? . Is only the pof letter sufficient? [i][/i] I am asking because I recently added money from my saving account (650K on October cool so as to top up to the required amount and I got ITA today despite not expecting to.

Secondly, who do we write to to request the pof letter. I am current outside the country and cannot visit their office for this. Please help my 60 days has started counting..... God bless
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
wink

Able God....shower your blessings... we got this ITA

A step closer

Glory to GOD

30watts:
Now in the pool, I kinda feel more anxious that when WES was delaying as I am really hoping the required CRS points drop to 441, with a 25 September 2018 tie breaker. grin grin grin

I think I will be relearning patience during this journey.

19 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 12:48am On Oct 14, 2018
Now in the pool, I kinda feel more anxious that when WES was delaying as I am really hoping the required CRS points drop to 441, with a 25 September 2018 tie breaker. grin grin grin

I think I will be relearning patience during this journey.

11 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2018
What advise are you looking for again? You have a twin sister and you are willing to omit her from your application because of her present circumstance. Including her will not affect you, both of you are individuals and independent in the eyes of the law.

If you do not include her and you get the PR, what story will you tell if she decides to apply tomorrow and needs to claim sibling points? I think you should include her and state any fact necessary during the process.

dbaba83:

Thanks again vickyehi

elders in the house any advise

Need more inputs

Thanks.

Hello house , make una help me look into this matter , am filling my application and I noticed I need to include family( sister , brother , mother , father etc) details even tho they are not accompanying me.
But I get one small problem my twin sister over stayed in USA , long time ago , due to marriage issues. Her hubby keeps beating her. angry she’s still currently in the USA. But she’s planning on coming back. This year
Pls should I add her to my application or will it affect my application if I don’t
But if I add her will her status affect my application , can’t wait till she’s back cous my ita will expire.
Pls honest advice.
Having sleepless night on the matter

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thank you.

jholarharde:

for 1. I don't think you need to go back to unilag since the transcript has been sent before
for 2. I will leave it to d ancestors cheesy

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello Guys,

Please has anyone upgraded their ECA report to grade by grade evaluation for processing graduate admissions in Canada? I need information as regards the questions stated below:

1. Will I be required to resend transcripts from Unilag? *scares me*.
2. My ECA evaluation was completed late last month and WAEC result was not required for the processing. Will this be needed ?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
Laws of demand and supply has kicked in...

Inloveforever:
inspector moshood is charging 7,500 for PCC. is that normal?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
Without the certificate WES won't evaluate as a year's diploma. If your Bsc transcript starts from year 2, WES will request for the first year transcript.

1soul:
Pls help o

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 3:12am On Oct 03, 2018
Enter the pool ASAP, don't dull. If your score exceeds 440 you may be lucky. From the pool distribution following the last draw I have a strong feeling that the Cut-off will drop to 438/439 soon.

mmanwanyi:
My people I understand that tomorrow is a likely date for a draw. If I enter the pool today in the night, Is there a probability that I will receive ITA or should I take my time with the form and wait for the next draw?

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
No you can process whatever document you want at Unilag. However, WES usually requires that applicants fax the final degree certificate to them.

[quote author=ans123 post=71568903][/quote]
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
It's not treated same, speaking from a viewpoint of someone who had a 5 year degree evaluated by WES.

HRgirl:

Thanks alot for your speedy response. I deeply appreciate. Please do you by any change know if a Engineering degree is treated as same too? 5years course. Is there like a list of courses that are termed professional courses anywhere so i can research? Thanks alot and sorry for the bother
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2018
British Council workers are not part of Nigerian Labour Congress. Private sector will usually not be affected by a public sector workforce industrial action.

joo2018:

Anyone? We've been trying to reach them. I guess we can assume the exam is still going ahead. Hopefully, there will be no disruptions.
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 30watts: 1:40am On Sep 27, 2018
Check the requirements for the school your friend is planning to attend.

Emmyirab:
Hello everyone, I have some questions, and I will appreciate if I can get some answers.
I have a friend who wants to study medicine in the US, but we saw that she can't apply for medicine directly and she needs to study a lower course before going to medical school.
My question is; Should the lower course be a BSc degree or a B.A??
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 7:09am On Sep 16, 2018
Thank ma

Newmum0615:
I Newmum studied Engineering. NOC was in a Finance related role. I am currently packing my luggage to enter Canada.
Fear Not. So long as the duties you perform match the duties of the NOC, you should be fine. The date you first became licensed to practice in that profession is the date on your OND or BSc certificate whichever one you have. If it says high school diploma is the minimum required to enter the profession, then your WAEC date na im e be. Save this worry for when you start looking for a job in Canada.
Read more here

1 Like 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2018
30watts:
Hello people
Just hit another road block and need help.

I have a first degree in Engineering but I have worked as a Tax Analyst with a big four audit firm for the past 3 years and I know my noc is 1111.

The problem is, I have looked at employment requirements(*attached) for me to be eligible under this noc and i don’t have these qualifications listed. Hence it’s difficult to answer the question

“* Date “Mr Nairalander Needs Help” first became qualified to practice in this occupation”

Please before we ask that I read through previous threads I’ve read through similar issues but mine seems unique as the others most often have an accounting or finance degree or prof. qualification.

Anyone with valid references can point me to where to research, alternatively if you have an answer kindly assist........

Thank You

NewMum0615 kindly share your thoughts ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.