Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy (46061 Views)

My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy / Dating A Stingy Guy / Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by iamphotoshoot(m): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

[s]My stupidity is your intelligence... Failed human being.... Crawl back to your paymasters you're trying to impress[/s].. ..

tongue no sense.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Me no understand why una dey yab the girl o.... Obviously she ain't broke.. Na she drive go carry the idiot boy from house..

The babe dey her own, the fool disturb her life say he wan spoil her...... Did she beg for it?

Make una dey use sense judge.

Leave all this nairaland girls typing comments for likes from guys and dm. If you ask someone out you should take responsibility for most of the money that would be spent. Simple courtesy.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Benwems(m): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:
Only God knows what you ate that made him change his mind not to pay your bills.

I even found it so difficult to comprehend what she was writing.

As a single girl, I never ate more than what I could pay for on a date, I always went out with money on any date I had. Ladies of nowadays, I no dey too understand them sef. The kind of respect I got from the guy I was dating then and his friends was awesome. He always told his friends that I was so independent.
Maybe when young ladies stop depending on men to take care of their every need, we will start getting our respect back. The kind of insult I read from NL guys to ladies these days is really disheartening.
#bringbackourrespectladies
And when they also learn to tick to only one man.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by profhezekiah: 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
he b ur papa, I never chop mentally
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by christhavemercy(f): 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
Annalise:

I've noticed that most nairaland single women just type stuff to get the approval of men.
yea i agree with you. all the girls forming independent on nairaland if u meet them in real life they have nothing. i recommend the book "why men love bitches" for all the male-approval seeking girls out there. A true independent lady knows her worth and will only tolerate guys who know their worth.
i will never pay for a first date with a guy i'm just getting to know. But trust me, when u get to know me.. i can give u my last penny, whether u r a guy or girl.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by UdohOby(f): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
Laveda:

Bla bla bla

How was she supposed to pay for a date she was invited?
Would you have?

And how did she depend on him? Did you even read everything? undecided

She was on her own and this guy invited her, she still picked him up for whereever he was, and you're here talking about respect?
What _fucking respect?

My dear, I read it all through. He might have made up his mind not to pay for her after she ate more than he (the guy) could pay for. Let's call a spade a spade jor.

One of my friends was once disgraced like this. A guy asked her out, and because of that, she didn't eat at home. She ate something of over 7k, say wetin happen nah. You won't tell me that the guy didn't have money before asking her out. He may have budgeted maybe 4k for the date, and some guys are so disciplined with spending. Na so my guy leave am waka, na me and one other friend come pay her bills.

So, let's be reasonable at times. That a guy asked you out first, doesn't mean you have the right to eat whatever you can't afford on your own. So many girls have lost great opportunities because of this nonsense attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by DavidMarshal(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
that's my nigger.. who has that pix pls
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Kdiva:
all of you calling her a gold digger or dependent female ,did you actually read what she typed? she drove to his house to pick up the lazy being... he asked her out and not the other way round. the people here claiming team white girls.. do you actually think she won't dump your will @ss if you don't attempt to pay for the date YOU asked her out on? smh.. and the females here claiming miss Independent, I reserve my comments.

Dem dey find man. They want likes/shares and dm.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Blessograo(f): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
What made the guy's behaviour annoying to me is that she had to pay for the bill of a date she was invited to, it's like paying gate fee to your friends wedding ceremony in a church because you the chief bridesmaid. And what makes it more annoying is if the guy will end up saying he was testing her. I swear the guy go chop free insult.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by UdohOby(f): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
Annalise:

It's like you're looking for boyfriend on nairaland

My dear read the comment again. I made use of past tense.

I am married with 2 kids now. I am not looking for a boyfriend.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Missy89(f): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
So she left him stranded with the bill and called him cheap? How about you pay for your food then walk away?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Blessograo(f): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
infantking:
Are you thinking of starting a new relationship off/online? Or have you been in a serious relationship and you are faced with a few challenges of dating safely online Anyways whatever case,havi it easy it is to get yourself into a hugely undesirable situation by using online dating or through a dating app.

In recent times, We realised that lots of people have in a way encountered some ugly issues while trying to get hooked up online.

Everyone who’s tried a dating website for even the briefest period of time has a few horror stories.

In some cases, your whole safety can be in jeopardy Interestingly as well, 3 in 10 people will get laid on their first date after meeting someone online.

Given that people often lie about their age, income, and other factors, there’s quite a high chance that you’ll have s£x with someone who turns out to

Read more at: http://enyocole.com/dating-safely-enyocole-match-making/
So what is your point o?

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
Annalise:

Eyah. It's only stinky pussy girls that are attracted to you.

Every pussy stinks
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
olasubomi007:
A beautiful US based Nigerian lady, Uche Onwudiwe with the twitter handle @chocolat_bunny took to Twitter to narrate her bizarre first date experience with a stingy guy.

Now that's a man who knows how to survive Nigeria's recession

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Every pussy stinks

Every? cheesy I feel sorry for the one that brought you into this world.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Laveda(f): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:

My dear, I read it all through. He might have made up his mind not to pay for her after she ate more than he (the guy) could pay for. Let's call a spade a spade jor.

One of my friends was once disgraced like this. A guy asked her out, and because of that, she didn't eat at home. She ate something of over 7k, say wetin happen nah. You won't tell me that the guy didn't have money before asking her out. He may have budgeted maybe 4k for the date, and some guys are so disciplined with spending. Na so my guy leave am waka, na me and one other friend come pay her bills.

So, let's be reasonable at times. That a guy asked you out first, doesn't mean you have the right to eat whatever you can't afford on your own. So many girls have lost great opportunities because of this nonsense attitude.

True that..

I've met girls who eat like glutton on a date..

But if you read all of it, the guy didn't even make any attempt to bring out his wallet, but rather asked her if she wants to pay.. Mehh that's ridiculous. undecided

For this girl to go pick him up should tell you she isn't really broke.. .. The guy was supposed to prepare for the worst, and not taking a girl out expecting her to foot the bills, its not making sense at all.

Its rather shameful to say the least.

Ps: don't go on a first date with a guy if he isn't ready to pay..

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by UdohOby(f): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
Blessograo:
In my opinion, I think if a lady is going on a date she got invited to, then the guy should pay but the lady should eat like she's paying for two. No be by force to eat sef, a drink is enough. If you hungry go for snacks, no be by force to eat rice, pounded yam or fish. Some will even eat and eat the bone of the chicken, but make sure you go with your T.Fare.

Thank you my dear. Most Nigerian girls have turned to gluttons, and what makes it so annoying is that most of them can't afford what they eat on dates. I am not in support of the guy per say, but I feel the girl may have consumed more than required.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by ODAVI(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
I like your quote dear.. Yea thou i didnt subscribe to what the guy did, he could have just paid and then show her or tell her what he was expecting.. But he already gave me a doubt on his pocket with the ride issue thou. Well not judging him thou. But ladies, HOLD ON TO YOUR PRIDE.
UdohOby:
Only God knows what you ate that made him change his mind not to pay your bills.

As a single girl, I never ate more than what I could pay for on a date, I always went out with money on any date I had. Ladies of nowadays, I no dey too understand them sef. The kind of respect I got from the guy I was dating then and his friends was awesome. He always told his friends that I was so independent.
Maybe when young ladies stop depending on men to take care of their every need, we will start getting our respect back. The kind of insult I read from NL guys to ladies these days is really disheartening.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
Annalise:

Every? cheesy I feel sorry for the one that brought you into this world.

Okay
Let me rephrase it

Every pussy have a signature odor
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by viktor01(m): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
Where is my dictionary.....I need to check the meaning of that word 'SPOIL' then i will come back and comment.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Okay
Let me rephrase it

Every pussy have a signature odor

E don dey change mouth.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:

I really love ladies with this kinda orientation
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Wroxxane: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

I honestly don't understand why some ladies here are attacking the girl.. weather na to try impress NL boys I no know..... I give the babe gbosa for even agreeing to go and pick him up on a date he initiated...she try.
Seconded!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by wonlasewonimi: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
I thought we are supposed to be equal
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:

Thank you my dear. Most Nigerian girls have turned to gluttons, and what makes it so annoying is that most of them can't afford what they eat on dates. I am not in support of the guy per say, but I feel the girl may have consumed more than required.

Did she also watch more than what was required? I think she paid for the movie. She also drove there. She can afford a car and fuel but you think she's a glutton who can't afford what she eats on dates?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Blessograo(f): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:

Let's even assume she didn't eat too much, she should have told him the second they walked into the second they walked into the second place to eat if he was paying or not since he did that the first time. But because of long throat she couldn't stop eating. If I were the one sef I will pay for my food and tell him to find his way home cos it's already weird for me driving him already. I don't know why he didn't feel uncomfortable for a lady to drive, he could just order a cab online.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
repogirl:
loool! The guy no bait the correct chick since she obviously isnt the give it up for free type.
Mak she holam...na those ones want good guys in 9ja for coupling. No matter how bad they r..they just want nice guys.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Annalise:

Leave all this nairaland girls typing comments for likes from guys and dm. If you ask someone out you should take responsibility for most of the money that would be spent. Simple courtesy.

You seem to forget she is in the US, you don't make such demands there.

if you ask someone out, its bill paying is 50/50, as a matter of fact, If and When you try to pay as a man, she might get angry and think you're seeing her as a prostitute. Please, I'm talking out of experience.

I'm not saying its right thing the guy did, But thats the culture over there. If you go out with a white girl, trust me, thats how its done.

Our culture is different here. I'm proud of our culture anyway, A Man should be a Man.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
truthsayer007:

You seem to forget she is in the US, you don't make such demands there.

if you ask someone out, its bill paying is 50/50, as a matter of fact, If and When you try to pay as a man, she might get angry and think you're seeing her as a prostitute. Please, I'm talking out of experience.

I'm not saying its right thing the guy did, But thats the culture over there. If you go out with a white girl, trust me, thats how its done.

Our culture is different here. I'm proud of our culture anyway, A Man should be a Man.

I think she covered transport fare and the movie. The food is the remaining 50%. This is if we follow your logic. And in that case, he is still stingy.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by nextstep(m): 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
But the guy really fall hand. Is he trying to avoid being taken advantage of? Trying too hard to be "the man who don't pay for dates?" If you really are the man who doesn't pay for dates, the game should have been played differently. This lazy attempt is just embarrassing to true players.

I really admire the girl for playing it cool, and getting out of the messy situation with such finesse.

- you invite a girl out, yet expect her to deal with the logistics (car, where to go). You're a man, your duty is to handle this shit.

- if you invite a girl out, be prepared to spend. Don't be unreasonable and overspend, and don't be taken for a fool. But in this case, this guy really was a cheap ass with little understanding of social etiquette.

- there are so many girls who pay for their man... just not on the first few dates. And they pay serious too (clothes, rent, general upkeep) because you've won their hearts. Don't start being so vindictive about women just because she didn't take kindly to your stingy ass.

- if you don't want to be put in the role of provider, take her out to fun places - parks, museums, free concert, cheap ice cream, someplace different and fun. When you decide you want to get serious, you won't have to front and be a cheapskate because by then you two would have something meaningful.

Nobody is saying you have to take a girl out, but if you do, realize that even male birds bring gifts to their potential mates, and yes, often the female birds refuse because the size of the gift showed that the male was not serious.

Final note: it's true there are girls who will milk you dry, but if you take time to understand her before asking her out, you'll know which one was which, and avoid the milkers.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
Missy89:
So she left him stranded with the bill and called him cheap? How about you pay for your food then walk away?

She paid for the movie, paid for transportation and you still want her to pay for her food?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

31 Problems Of Good Looking People / My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month / 10 Things Broke Guys Often Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.