Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy (46062 Views)

My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy / Dating A Stingy Guy / Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Blessograo(f): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
kaeforum:
But when a guy asks a lady out , its implied that he will foot the bills after all he asked her out.

Doesn't make sense to ask a lady out for a date and still expect her to foot her own bill, thats not a date.

Its good for ladies to arm themselves sha, but I think the guy is stingy and isnt worth the trouble.

Ladies should exercise some decorum and self control, dont behave like a refugee and open your mouth like a whale to swallow all the food.

Be considerate. Some ladies no get shame they see a date as an opportunity to suck a guy like vampire.
God bless you o. I know if a 27 year old lady who can't be invited to a date cos her aim is to eat her life away and before they waiter drops the food she has already gotten to half of the food and still trying other delicacies and it's to disappointing and I'm still praying she doesn't think of inviting me to anything on any occasion. Because if i even try to tell her to wait for the host so we eat at the same time her reply will be " abeg I'm hungry" with food already in her mouth. And people will not understand that our birds of different feathers manage to flock together. Probably her reason for being single.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by nonjebose(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
The guy is not serious. The room mate borrowed his car, and asks a lady to come pick him for a date he initiated. You don't have to over spend to impress a good lady, but act the part of a gentleman to pay what you can afford

3 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by nextstep(m): 4:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
truthsayer007:

You seem to forget she is in the US, you don't make such demands there.

if you ask someone out, its bill paying is 50/50, as a matter of fact, If and When you try to pay as a man, she might get angry and think you're seeing her as a prostitute. Please, I'm talking out of experience.

I'm not saying its right thing the guy did, But thats the culture over there. If you go out with a white girl, trust me, thats how its done.

Our culture is different here. I'm proud of our culture anyway, A Man should be a Man.

Yes, a man should be a man; even in the US, offer to pay. If she's going dutch, it suggests to me that the relationship is not romantic, which implies you've not laid down a good foundation of game. I've never seen a girl refuse to be taken care of by a romantic partner. Even if she refuses, there are ways to offer in such a care free manner that no offense will be taken. If she ends up paying, don't be surprised she will use that fact in an argument 14 months in the future shocked

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Annalise(f): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
nextstep:
But the guy really fall hand. Is he trying to avoid being taken advantage of? Trying too hard to be "the man who don't pay for dates?" If you really are the man who doesn't pay for dates, the game should have been played differently. This lazy attempt is just embarrassing to true players.

I really admire the girl for playing it cool, and getting out of the messy situation with such finesse.

- you invite a girl out, yet expect her to deal with the logistics (car, where to go). You're a man, your duty is to handle this shit.

- if you invite a girl out, be prepared to spend. Don't be unreasonable and overspend, and don't be taken for a fool. But in this case, this guy really was a cheap ass with little understanding of social etiquette.

- there are so many girls who pay for their man... just not on the first few dates. And they pay serious too (clothes, rent, general upkeep) because you've won their hearts. Don't start being so vindictive about women just because she didn't take kindly to your stingy ass.

- if you don't want to be put in the role of provider, take her out to fun places - parks, museums, free concert, cheap ice cream, someplace different and fun. When you decide you want to get serious, you won't have to front and be a cheapskate because by then you two would have something meaningful.

Nobody is saying you have to take a girl out, but if you do, realize that even male birds bring gifts to their potential mates, and yes, often the female birds refuse because the size of the gift showed that the male was not serious.

Final note: it's true there are girls who will milk you dry, but if you take time to understand her before asking her out, you'll know which one was which, and avoid the milkers.

Exactly.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by dominique(f): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:
Only God knows what you ate that made him change his mind not to pay your bills.

I even found it so difficult to comprehend what she was writing.

As a single girl, I never ate more than what I could pay for on a date, I always went out with money on any date I had. Ladies of nowadays, I no dey too understand them sef. The kind of respect I got from the guy I was dating then and his friends was awesome. He always told his friends that I was so independent.
Maybe when young ladies stop depending on men to take care of their every need, we will start getting our respect back. The kind of insult I read from NL guys to ladies these days is really disheartening.
#bringbackourrespectladies

@bolded, so true. It's high time ladies start seeing men as their next meal ticket or means to an end.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
beautiful232:

bros her English fit pain eyes.....and the babe no wan tale true......no guy for this life go carry woman commot on a first date no go wan pay for everything na..haba

Just pray never to meet them.
I have been in such situation, that's how the guy kept pestering me too. I got to the bank before meeting him up.
He was even with his friend and they were already eating and drinking.

Time to pay, he said he wasn't with cash. What was he thinking when they were drinking and eating meat?
My dear, shun talk_ different guys dey.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
Annalise:

I think she covered transport fare and the movie. The food is the remaining 50%. This is if we follow your logic. And in that case, he is still stingy.

Yea, I think she picked him up with Uber. I don't a lot of pple read that part.

Anyway, So we conclude he's greedy & not only stingy. Cuz they should have shared that uber ride payment 50/50 cash.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:
Only God knows what you ate that made him change his mind not to pay your bills.

As a single girl, I never ate more than what I could pay for on a date, I always went out with money on any date I had. Ladies of nowadays, I no dey too understand them sef. The kind of respect I got from the guy I was dating then and his friends was awesome. He always told his friends that I was so independent.
Maybe when young ladies stop depending on men to take care of their every need, we will start getting our respect back. The kind of insult I read from NL guys to ladies these days is really disheartening.

Modified...

For all those saying I am looking for boyfriend on NL, abeg o, I am married with 2 beautiful kids.

I am not saying the guy was right, I am only stating the obvious. No guy invites a lady on a date without the intention of paying. Most Nigerian ladies are gluttonous in nature, and would consume what they themselves can't pay for on a date.
A friend of mine was once disgraced like this. She had a date, and didn't eat at home cus of the said date. She ate food and other drinkables worth almost 7k. My guy leave am waka. I and another friend paid for the bill when she called us. This girl couldn't even spend 500 in the school canteen. So please, let's call a spade a spade.

babe, pls go and read that story again. this time objectively
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by shumuel(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
dominique:

@bolded, so true. It's high time ladies start STOP seeing men as their next meal ticket or means to an end.

STOP you mean ?
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
nextstep:

Yes, a man should be a man; even in the US, offer to pay. If she's going dutch, it suggests to me that the relationship is not romantic, which implies you've not laid down a good foundation of game. I've never seen a girl refuse to be taken care of by a romantic partner. Even if she refuses, there are ways to offer in such a care free manner that no offense will be taken. If she ends up paying, don't be surprised she will use that fact in an argument 14 months in the future shocked

Hahahaha, Dis one na true o, women will always be women
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Blessograo(f): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
Only complete feminists believe in splitting the bills and I'm not one of them if you taking me on a date and you not paying my bills, leave me alone to eat my rice and chicken from my pot. No be by force, I believe in you paying for your meal and me paying for my transport fare and if you a complete gentleman you will have to beg to pay for my fare which i will refuse cos you tried enough for the day.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
holatin:
Change the heading 2 a date between a gluttonous lady and a sharp guy.

I'm not sure u read the story very well.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:

Modified...

For all those saying I am looking for boyfriend on NL, abeg o, I am married with 2 beautiful kids.

I am not saying the guy was right, I am only stating the obvious. No guy invites a lady on a date without the intention of paying. Most Nigerian ladies are gluttonous in nature, and would consume what they themselves can't pay for on a date.
A friend of mine was once disgraced like this. She had a date, and didn't eat at home cus of the said date. She ate food and other drinkables worth almost 7k. My guy leave am waka. I and another friend paid for the bill when she called us. This girl couldn't even spend 500 in the school canteen. So please, let's call a spade a spade.

God bless you ma'am. Your husband is a lucky man
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Blessograo(f): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
truthsayer007:

Yea, I think she picked him up with Uber. I don't a lot of pple read that part.

Anyway, So we conclude he's greedy & not only stingy. Cuz they should have shared that uber ride payment 50/50 cash.

No she picked him up in her car she only felt if if friend was using his care then he could use Uber instead of her picking him up on a date he begged for.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
The guy is an ass.... Why ask a lady out when you know you ain't gonna pay... .it's not like she's the one who suggested the date.

bros u be correct guy....

all I see is a mischievous guy cos from the story the lady is not broke., neither did she over eat.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by HaneefahRN(f): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
If this is true, then the guy is crazy.
You asked her on a date, she didn't ask for you to. She covered his transport, movie as far as I can read, why are people hailing him again? Then insulting the girl.

She should have known better than to go ahead with the dinner since the guys is obviously fucke.d up from his actions

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Laveda:

undecided What are you saying?

This guy invited her on a date, not like she forced him and you're here saying she should have paid? She even picked him.

Dafuk? undecided stop coming here to pretend, you wouldn't pay for a date you were invited.

lolss....calm down babe......don't mind those people, they only trying to act up.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by holatin(m): 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Dfinex:

I'm not sure u read the story very well.
i dnt read, i peruse
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by beedam(f): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
Laveda:

undecided What are you saying?

This guy invited her on a date, not like she forced him and you're here saying she should have paid? She even picked him.

Dafuk? undecided stop coming here to pretend, you wouldn't pay for a date you were invited.

God bless you plenty
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
holatin:
i dnt read, i peruse
I see.......no wonder the hasty conclusions.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by dominique(f): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
shumuel:

STOP you mean ?

Yeah, thanks

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by holatin(m): 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
Dfinex:

I see.......no wonder the hasty conclusions.
peruse, verb. In transive. (to examine or consider with care)
.......no wonder u no sabi english
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
Selfies in the toilet, its all about money. He should save his money for someone who is not all about her.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Flawlessangel(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

This is the one of the many reasons why i will never spend money on any girl

Make i die any day i spend or give money to any girl excluding my sisters

Why won't she spend on me or give me some money ??

Why would i spend money on any girl ??

Does she work for me ??

What else does she bring to the table except her stinky pussy ??

you said '' make you die the day you spend money on a girl except your sister? What kinda extreme stingyness be this?

Wait.. does this rule also apply to your wife who is not your sister?

Dude your case isnt a case of being stingy, its a case of wickedness. Are you telling me you cant help a girl out if she were in need and you were in a good position to help?

Am a guy but i feel disgusted hearing this coming from you. If everyone had your character of character, the world would much much worse than it already is.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
holatin:
peruse, verb. In transive. (to examine or consider with care)
.......no wonder u no sabi english

lolsss...U wey come sabi engrish. .

how come u no understand wetiƄ the young woman talk, abi na her language she speak for there??
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by sisisioge: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
UdohOby:

Modified...

Haha! Aunty udoh! U obviously found it difficult to follow the gist. Babe is not one of those glutinous naija babe , she's an American babe where it is the norm to pick half the bill. So, she couldn't be hungry and dependent plus expectant like the friend you had to bail out. This dude invited her on a date, made her pick him up and still wanted her to pay for the trip! Haha! Fear God! Whew!

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
Blessograo:

No she picked him up in her car she only felt if if friend was using his care then he could use Uber instead of her picking him up on a date he begged for.

Ok then, thanks for the clarity.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
solasoulmusic:
Different Strokes for different spokes he initiated the date but didnt have the intention of paying he will not be the first he will not be the last.

I always have my spending money when invited anywhere or I simply dont go if I dont have.

If it was me I would think he is selfish to myself stop seeing him but I won't tell the world no one knows tomorrow

true talk. vex money sure pass before these guys fall somebody hand.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
The guy tried to con her--he knew she was out of his league. I have had a similar even worst experience. Call me ole school, but a man, if he wants to be the man, should pay for the first date, especially if he extended the invitation. And he should offer to pay even if the woman extended the invite. Afterwards, when or if a relationship has been established, then splitting the costs. I am just shopping, not buying anything. Been there!
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Dfinex(f): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
christhavemercy:
yea i agree with you. all the girls forming independent on nairaland if u meet them in real life they have nothing. i recommend the book "why men love bitches" for all the male-approval seeking girls out there. A true independent lady knows her worth and will only tolerate guys who know their worth.
i will never pay for a first date with a guy i'm just getting to know. But trust me, when u get to know me.. i can give u my last penny, whether u r a guy or girl.

I like this.
Re: Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
sisisioge:

Haha! Aunty udoh! U obviously found it difficult to follow the gist. Babe is not one of those glutinous naija babe , she's an American babe where it is the norm to pick half the bill. So, she couldn't be hungry and dependent plus expectant like the friend you had to bail out. This dude invited her on a date, made her pick him up and still wanted her to pay for the trip! Haha! Fear God! Whew!

No mind her.
*Either she didn't read the story.
*She read it but has comprehension issues.
*She just wanna form nice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

31 Problems Of Good Looking People / My Girl's Strange Behaviour At Different Times Of The Month / 10 Things Broke Guys Often Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.