Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? (17444 Views)

8 Ways To Discard Stubborn Toasters / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / 8 Ways Ladies Treat Their Toasters Harshly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 4:42am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

And most of them were poor girls too. How can a poor girl  be a snob? shocked.

That's the HYPOCRISY.

A poor girl forms in Lagos.
Ask a classic worwor girl in Lagos what she wants in a man. . . . .And she goes i want him tall, dark and handsome.

The babe in question is barely 5 feet(even with her heels).
She's bald(with a cheap weave-on to cover her scalp).
Face is splattered with make-ups so you don't get to see the HD version of her face until she wakes up next to you.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 12, 2010
H2O2:

grin  grin That's toasting.  Men in situations like these act on impulse like SEFAGO mentioned.  We can't possibly limit ourselves to girls we know.
Is Ngozi too much of a bushgirl to be cognisant or receptive of compliments?
Yeah, that's the perfect word for it.  They put up a front.

See your life. tongue

Princek12:

So what kind of love do you do? The one your home girl hooks you up with? So where do you meet people? What is wrong with meeting someone at a supermarket? Na waa for some people's mentality.

Did I say anywhere it is wrong to do supermarket love? Some things work for some people some don't. Is that hard to chew?

~Sauron~:

Nope. . . . .The dude(a friend of mine) does not know the chic from Adam.
Chic was just trying to hustle.

There are names for such chics, u know. The same way there are names for the naija man equivalent.

They might not utter such but they grab men by their wrists and persuade em to buy whatever they sell.

You see it's different for women.

Igbo boys ain't GAY.
The main objective is the money.

That's why I need to be subjected to groping?

Hehehehehe.
They musta fancied your cute bum. grin cheesy

They must have fancied yours too.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by chiogo(f): 4:44am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

Its called Grab & Go.

Back to topic
For those of us who attended secondaries school in lagos and know the he.ll naija girls put us through can understand the OP feeling. Man you say Hi to a girl, she frowns at you, then she measures you up. If you are not rich enough to buy her MTN/GLO recharge card or you don't have the latest phones she will not talk to you. Infact, I used to wonder how these girls expected a secondary school kid between the age of 15-18 to be able to buy recharge card for them. Then if you were a poor boy like me, and you try and talk to these girls they would abuse you for no reason. Or they would just ignore you.

LOL @ Grab and go. Na food?

Recharge card indeed. Did high school kids in naija use cell phones then?  you can lie sha  tongue
I don't even have a problem with the toasting and what not, I just laugh it off plus I'm pretty good at ignoring annoying people. Just don't touch me.
Is that so hard? sigh.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 4:48am On Jan 12, 2010
Recharge card indeed. Did high school kids in naija use cell phones then?  you can lie sha  Tongue
I don't even have a problem with the toasting and what not, I just laugh it off plus I'm pretty good at ignoring annoying people. Just don't touch me.
Is that so hard? sigh.

Well yeah we did, infact I was commandeering like three at that time. I was a big boy, before someone else got 4 phones and a thuraya. Those were the days of Nokia and Thuraya. Infact you can use cell phone to hypnotize Nigerian girl into your room.

Well men have the tendency to grab so its not our fault.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by hollandis(f): 4:51am On Jan 12, 2010
Talk about giving a dog a bad name.All these stupid travelled girls that have so far contributed are nothing but buffons, infact in my own position they are overfed buffons.Foolish girls that think nothing good can come out of Naija men in 9ja.How can you justify such a mannerless and shameful act?
It pains me that some stupid men are also joining issues with them.

@poster-It is not wrong to woo a girl but it is 100% local and foolish for a girl to resort to unwholesome verbal pellets.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 4:52am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

There are names for such chics, u know. The same way there are names for the naija man equivalent.

We are not disputing that but do Naija men insult these babes when they come with their unholy acts?

You see it's different for women.

U should persevere.
Be tolerant. cheesy

That's why I need to be subjected to groping?

U would hug these men if you meet em in Church, won't you?

They must have fancied yours too.

Don't flip this on moi.
Those Igbo boys fancy your bum. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 4:53am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

Man you say Hi to a girl, she frowns at you, then she measures you up. If you are not rich enough to buy her MTN/GLO recharge card or you don't have the latest phones she will not talk to you. Infact, I used to wonder how these girls expected a secondary school kid between the age of 15-18 to be able to buy recharge card for them. Then if you were a poor boy like me, and you try and talk to these girls they would abuse you for no reason. Or they would just ignore you.

Isn't it perplexing? Lol.
You touched on an important point that is at the crux of this matter.
Most of their rejections are based on avarice.  Completely motivated by greed.  Even girls who would clock a -20 on richter's scale of beauty are pompous and have unfathomably conditioned themselves into thinking they're queens who deserve to be spoiled, even though they have nothing to offer you in return.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by oyinda3(f): 4:54am On Jan 12, 2010

What has being mad gotta do with Ngozi, you are a fine girl.
The normal answer should be THANK YOU but trust those Mgbekes to front.

trust me, it will annoying and boring after 20 men have said the same thing over and over in the course of the same day. esp  with some being overtly disrespectful abt it. in fact insults will become second nature or a reflex response to any guy that tries to talk to d girl. haha

i'm not speaking from experience. lol but i can imagine the troubles these "fine girls" must face on a daily basis.  lipsrsealed

i've actually witnessed this situation at the bustop where this girl with a humongous ass was harrassed repeatedly by guys walking by. imagine this same routine multiple times daily. the girl must be extremely versed at cursing i must say. i kinda feel really sorry for her to be honest.

How can you come as a friend if that guy is meeting you for the first time, say at the supermarket?

are u one of  the type of guys that feel they must chat up every fine girl they meet at every location they find themselves in!!! come on. stop being a woman wrapper n keep walking.  undecided
or just start a decent n polite conversation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by chiogo(f): 4:55am On Jan 12, 2010
SEFAGO:

Well yeah we did, infact I was commandeering like three at that time. I was a big boy, before someone else got 4 phones and a thuraya. Those were the days of Nokia and Thuraya. Infact you can use cell phone to hypnotize Nigerian girl into your room.

Well men have the tendency to grab so its not our fault.
You just said you were poor.  grin So, how come they were still abusing you?
All of you na the same jare. Dunno how to talk.  tongue

hollandis:

Talk about giving a dog a bad name.All these silly travelled girls that have so far contributed are nothing but buffons, infact in my own position they are overfed buffons.Foolish girls that think nothing good can come out of Naija men in 9ja.How can you justify such a mannerless and shameful act?
It pains me that some silly men are also joining issues with them.

@poster-It is not wrong to woo a girl but it is 100% local and foolish for a girl to resort   to unwholesome verbal pellets.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 4:56am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

See your life. tongue

cheesy Can't force attraction y'know.  One's gotta step outta the box sometimes  tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 4:58am On Jan 12, 2010
oyinda.:

trust me, it will annoying and boring after 20 men have said the same thing over and over in the course of the same day. esp  with some being overtly disrespectful abt it. in fact insults will become second nature or a reflex response to any guy that tries to talk to d girl. haha

"Thank You" is just two words.
Why waste words and stress muscles to insult someone passing a compliment?
It beats me.

i'm not speaking from experience. lol but i can imagine the troubles these "fine girls" must face on a daily basis.  lipsrsealed

Which fine girls?
Na the worwor ones rude pass.
It's hard to see a natural beauty with manners resorting to cheap insults after getting compliments from the opposite sex.
They usually smile or IGNORE it.

i've actually witnessed this situation at the bustop where this girl with a humongous backside was harrassed repeatedly by guys walking by. imagine this same routine multiple times daily. the girl must be extremely versed at cursing i must say. i kinda feel really sorry for her to be honest.

Harassed in what manner?
Verbally or Physically?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Spader9(m): 4:59am On Jan 12, 2010
They're wild uncouth gals.

That's why.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by chiogo(f): 5:01am On Jan 12, 2010
Spader9:

They're wild uncouth gals.

That's why.

Hmm, and 3spade3 is back!! lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

We are not disputing that but do Naija men insult these babes when they come with their unholy acts?

They will insult you if you turn down their advances. Equation balanced!!!

U should persevere.
Be tolerant. cheesy

I'm very very tolerant to be frank. Most girls won't take what I've gone through without causing a scene. If I'm complimented, I smile and walk away. It's those ones that want to follow you to your house because you smiled is who I have problems with.

U would hug these men if you meet em in Church, won't you?

I don't keep male friends. undecided undecided

Don't flip this on moi.
Those Igbo boys fancy your bum. tongue

They cherish your bum abeg. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Princek12(m): 5:03am On Jan 12, 2010
oyinda.:

are u one of  the type of guys that feel they must chat up every fine girl they meet at every location they find themselves in!!! come on. stop being a woman wrapper n keep walking.  undecided
or just start a decent n polite conversation.

No, not one of those guys who talks to every girl at every girl at a location. But, on a rare occasion, you may find a girl in whom you are interested at some location.  My statement was in response to stillwater's statement; she insinuated that she talked to guys who come as a friend. So I was saying that how can the guy come as a friend if he meets a girl in whom he is interested at, for example, a supermarket or a library or a coffee shop. Bottom line is that you see a chick, not necessarily every chick as you suggested, in whom you are interested, and you approach her respectfully. If she likes you, she responds accordingly; if she does not, she turns you down respectfully or ignores you, whichever is convenient for her. Raining verbal insults, with respect to this particular circumstance, is utterly unnecessary and childish.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by oyinda3(f): 5:04am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

"Thank You" is just two words.
Why waste words and stress muscles to insult someone passing a compliment?
It beats me.

if the guy just said, "Ngozi. you are a fine girl" that is a different story. generally the guy says more, gestures more and  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed let's just say stuff that bother on being disrespectful.
so if u are this kind of girl n used to this rubbish, won't u automatically stereotype the guys who approach u?

Which fine girls?
Na the worwor ones rude pass.
It's hard to see a natural beauty with manners resorting to cheap insults after getting compliments from the opposite sex.
They usually smile or IGNORE it.

so why would u call a worwor girl "fine girl" or ask her number?  

Harassed in what manner?
Verbally or Physically?

mostly verbal harrasment. whistling, nasty language and such. i mean it's here in the US. i think most of the guys know not to touch lol
i felt deeply for her i must say. haha but i think she's AA. most of them have developed tough skin.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 5:05am On Jan 12, 2010
Princek12:

No, not one of those guys who talks to every girl at every girl at a location. But, on a rare occasion, you may find a girl in whom you are interested at some location.  My statement was in response to stillwater's statement; she insinuated that she talked to guys who come as a friend. So I was saying that how can the guy come as a friend if he meets a girl in whom he is interested at, for example, a supermarket or a library or a coffee shop. Bottom line is that you see a chick, not necessarily every chick as you suggested, in whom you are interested, and you approach her respectfully. If she likes you, she responds accordingly; if she does not, she turns you down respectfully or ignores you, whichever is convenient for her. Raining verbal insults, with respect to this particular circumstance, is utterly unnecessary and childish.
I agree.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Spader9(m): 5:08am On Jan 12, 2010
chiogo:

Hmm, and 3spade3 is back!! lol

I am.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Pweety4me(f): 5:08am On Jan 12, 2010
ERmm maybe d guy went a little 2 far which lead 2 him being insulted . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 12, 2010
Princek12:

No, not one of those guys who talks to every girl at every girl at a location. But, on a rare occasion, you may find a girl in whom you are interested at some location.  My statement was in response to stillwater's statement; she insinuated that she talked to guys who come as a friend. So I was saying  that how can the guy come as a friend if he meets a girl in whom he is interested at, for example, a supermarket or a library or a coffee shop. Bottom line is that you see a chick, not necessarily every chick as you suggested, in whom you are interested, and you approach her respectfully. If she likes you, she responds accordingly; if she does not, she turns you down respectfully or ignores you, whichever is convenient for her. Raining verbal insults, with respect to this particular circumstance, is utterly unnecessary and childish.

Nobody is saying raining abuses is good. Treat yourself like a lady in public is one of my mottos. cool
Why this thread went a little bit off tangent was because of the poster seeing other girls as civilized.
We just wanted to point out a host of reasons why a girl would be forced to reduce a Nigerian man to dirt.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 12, 2010
oyinda.:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is one of the insults I'm talking about o. They had no reservations chatting up a worwor girl, when she declines they remember she's ugly. grin grin grin

Does this make sense in the Naija man psyche? I guess it does. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 5:12am On Jan 12, 2010
oyinda.:

if the guy just said, "Ngozi. you are a fine girl" that is a different story. generally the guy says more, gestures more and  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed let's just say stuff that bother on being disrespectful.

Is this not normal?
Men will always chase women. It's a simple law of nature.
Saying more or making gestures is part of growing up.

so if u are this kind of girl n used to this rubbish, won't u automatically stereotype the guys who approach u?

It will be very silly to automatically stereotype everyone that approaches me.

Ask whose number?
The men that chat up worwor girls are trying to HELP them.

mostly verbal harrasment. whistling, nasty language and such. i mean it's here in the US. i think most of the guys know not to touch lol
i felt deeply for her i must say. haha but i think she's AA. most of them have developed tough skin.

Women disrespect men who are funny looking to.
They smile, they giggle and they whisper gibberish to themselves.
I still don't see how these things should turn an average Naija woman to a bitter old hag.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by hollandis(f): 5:12am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

They will insult you if you turn down their advances. Equation balanced!!!

I'm very very tolerant to be frank. Most girls won't take what I've gone through without causing a scene. If I'm complimented, I smile and walk away. It's those ones that want to follow you to your house because you smiled is who I have problems with.

I don't keep male friends. undecided undecided

They cherish your bum abeg. tongue

I have been following your comments.I must confess you sound like an untrained little girl.Normally I dont react to threads like this but you leave me with no option.You write like a girl juts nearing her 14th birthday.
Obinrin ton jeun garri bi obo,Ole jeun ko kuku eleyin erin.Girls like you are not needed in our society
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 5:16am On Jan 12, 2010
hollandis:

I have been following your comments.I must confess you sound like an untrained little girl.Normally I dont react to threads like this but you leave me with no option.You write like a girl juts nearing her 14th birthday.
Obinrin ton jeun garri bi obo,Ole jeun ko kuku eleyin erin.Girls like you are not needed in our society

Must you resort to cheap insults like the Naija women in question?
Don't disrespect ma wife o.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Pweety4me(f): 5:16am On Jan 12, 2010
Some guys r just annoying sha. . . undecided u need 2 know your class menh some of dem no dey look face at all u may have just not been in a good mood. . . sad if a gurl blanks u 1once,2nd don't wait 2 the third tyme ooo hm! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by H2O2: 5:18am On Jan 12, 2010
LOL grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 12, 2010
hollandis:

Did I hit you where it hurts that much?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by hollandis(f): 5:20am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

How you go take marry this kain person.You know see how she dey misyarn since morning?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Sauron1: 5:21am On Jan 12, 2010
hollandis:

How you go take marry this kain person.You know see how she dey misyarn since morning?

Na ma wife, i like am like that.
Show us your own wife make we assess am. grin grin grin

Pweety4me:

Some guys r just annoying sha. . . undecided u need 2 know your class menh some of dem no dey look face at all u may have just not been in a good mood. . . sad if a gurl blanks u 1once,2nd don't wait 2 the third tyme ooo hm! lipsrsealed

Men are supposed to be confident.
So don't be irked when a dirty looking Mechanic approaches you with a Valentine flower. grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

And they say we "pour verbal insults on men"? The irony. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by SEFAGO(m): 5:23am On Jan 12, 2010
You just said you were poor.  Grin So, how come they were still abusing you?
All of you na the same jare. Dunno how to talk.

LOL, anyways I am not one of those people who randomly start talking to girls anyways and ask for numbers. I am the quiet studious type- I just like book more than women tongue

I dont get hot and bothered about any girl.

My Motto: No Chick can give me stress especially when she is worthless

But what I am saying is true, most of these girls are just after money. They are abusing the OP because the OP is broke/money if he is lagos I am sure. The guy should come prepared before he hits on any girl. If they are the naija girls in London, the boy is on his own grin

Some guys r just annoying sha. . . Undecided u need 2 know your class menh some of dem no dey look face at all u may have just not been in a good mood. . . Sad if i gurl blanks u 1once,2nd don't wait 2 the third tyme ooo hm!

I thot third time was the charm?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Insult Their Toasters? by hollandis(f): 5:23am On Jan 12, 2010
stillwater:

Did I hit you where it hurts that much?
you hit me? LMFAO
I am just sorry for the person that will eventually marry you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Guys Your Babe Sits Like This In Public What Will You Do?(pic) / A Friend Of Mine Sent This To Me!!!!! / This Babe For Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.