Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807317 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by steakchips: 6:44am On Aug 23, 2018
NT nomination is worth giving a shot since it's free smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy. At the end, the most important thing is that you are in Australia!!!! No part of Australia can even be compared to Abuja sef.
steakchips:
https://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/migrate/migrate-to-work/northern-territory-government-visa-nomination/skilled-nominated-visas

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fatima04: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2018
Alphadoor:

189 is now 9 to 11 months

489 is probably now forever (pun intended)

Do you mean for nomination or visa processing? Na wa oo
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 8:42am On Aug 23, 2018
fatima04:

Do you mean for nomination or visa processing? Na wa oo
Visa processing.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stepo707: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2018
Alphadoor:

189 is now 9 to 11 months

489 is probably now forever (pun intended)

190 is shortest 6months to 9months
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2018
koleefem05:
Y so "weekhead"

grin grin grin grin

489 is now 10 months to 15 months
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stepo707: 10:49am On Aug 23, 2018
Alphadoor:

grin grin grin grin

what do they mean by 75% and 90% though? does it mean 10% of people can get smaller processing time?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2018
Alphadoor:

grin grin grin grin
Nna na wa o...anyhow make dem do am...we go all enter Aussie las las

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2018
koleefem05:
Nna na wa o...anyhow make dem do am...we go all enter Aussie las las

Koko of the matter cool

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2018
steakchips:
NT nomination is worth giving a shot since it's free smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy. At the end, the most important thing is that you are in Australia!!!! No part of Australia can even be compared to Abuja sef.

But there is a condition there that all offshore applicant must provide proof of having been offered an employment by a company in NT. Or am I mistaking?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by steakchips: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
not all occupation, job offers are mostly ICT fields

yungmin:

But there is a condition there that all offshore applicant must provide proof of having been offered an employment by a company in NT. Or am I mistaking?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
[/b]Short Timeline Alert[b] grin grin

So i woke up to grant emails for myself, wifey and kids this morning. I am elated as i share this news and i hope inspires a lot of people still in the process.

Please see Timeline below:

20th November 2017: I decided to start the PR process after much efforts by @spyroxy1 to convince me. Thanks for not giving up on me.
16th January 2018: 1st PTE attempt: 90,90,90,90
21st February 2018: Submitted my CDR with EA
3rd April 2018: Positive outcome with 10 points for experience (7 years experience approved out of 8 years claimed)
3rd April 2018: Created EOI for 189
3rd April 2018: ITA for 189
13th April 2018: Lodged Visa Application
23rd August 2018: Visa Grant (Direct Grant,no CO contact)
IED: 27th March 2019

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points
Qualification: 15points
Experience: 10 points
English : 20 points

Special thanks to God and everyone who has helped in this journey. Shoutout to my brothers @spyroxy1 @olalekankad @azy123 @alphadoor @tuteso & of course @bellong for starting this excellent movement. We shall all celebrate together.

For those still at various stages of the struggle, i hope this inspires you never to give up. I wish you all the very best!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by spyroxy1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
afosahid:

So i woke up to grant emails for myself, wifey and kids this morning. I am elated as i share this news and i hope inspires a lot of people still in the process.

20th November 2017: I decided to start the PR process after much efforts by @spyroxy1 to convince me. Thanks for not giving up on me.
3rd April 2018: Positive outcome with 10 points for experience (7 years experience approved out of 8 years claimed)

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points

Special thanks to God and everyone who has helped in this journey. Shoutout to my brothers @spyroxy1 @olalekankad @azy123 @alphadoor @tuteso & of course @bellong for starting this excellent movement. We shall all celebrate together.

For those still at various stages of the struggle, i hope this inspires you never to give up. I wish you all the very best!!!

Congratulations homie.I pray God in His infinite mercy grant you succes in the land. Love you bro, no homo!

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Tuteso: 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
afosahid:

Congratulations brother. Nothing but success bro. We keep pushing still.

E.F.M.N.G.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
steakchips:

NT Nomination is not that free o.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rach90: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Please I need someone to review my documents for me before I submit to vetassess
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stepo707: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
afosahid:

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points

Congrats bro.Go and prosper in the land.Good to see a grant news to ginger everyone.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fatima04: 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2018
afosahid:

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points

Congratulations, may the land favour you. Your Visa processing was very fast oo.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jesona(m): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
Congratulations @ afosahid.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fabulousfej: 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone, thanks for this wonderful help that even money cannot always buy. I have been researching and have not reached a solid conclusion on what to do concerning my skills assessment because my qualification is Microbiologist and my work experience is admin officer and customer relations personnel. Pls advise on what to assess to assure me of a positive outcome. Thank you. PS; age 32, ielts 8.5,7,7.5,7.5.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kemijohnson(m): 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
afosahid:

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points

Congratulations! Thank God

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
@afosahid.

Congratulations Mate.

Please report to where they are drying their vegetable and labelling the dry fish.

grin grin grin grin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
����
Alphadoor:
@afosahid.

Congratulations Mate.

Please report to where they are drying their vegetable and labelling the dry fish.

grin grin grin grin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 9:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
grin grin
Alphadoor:
@afosahid.

Congratulations Mate.

grin grin grin grin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
If you know, you know!

E.F.M.N.G ooo!!!

Tuteso:

Congratulations brother. Nothing but success bro. We keep pushing still.

E.F.M.N.G.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2018
Akachukwu123:
Tasmanian Government Nomination Recommendation – NOT OFFERED

We refer to your application for Tasmanian Government nomination of a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489). Based on the information you have provided, the Tasmanian Government has not agreed to support your application for state nomination.

In considering your application, the Department has taken into account all information provided with your application in the context of other applications we have received, and the number of nominations remaining for offer. Based on the information provided, the Department’s decision not to offer you state nomination was primarily due to the following factor(s):

The Tasmanian Government is not satisfied that your application adequately meets the minimum nomination requirements. In order to be eligible for nomination under Category 3A – Overseas Applicant (TSOL) for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489), we need to be satisfied of your employability in the state. The employment research and employability statement you have provided with your application is currently insufficient for us to be satisfied that you meet this requirement.

As you may be aware, the Department can only nominate a limited number of applicants across the various state nomination programs as numbers are capped by the Department of Home Affairs. The Department’s decision to offer an applicant state nomination is subject to multiple factors such as the number of applicants,as well as the quality of the applications received.

This non-offer does not preclude other State or Territory Gov[color=#006600][/color]ernments from sponsoring you for a visa.

You can lodge a new state nomination application for the Department’s consideration. However, please be aware that it would be unlikely that you would be offered a state nomination if you are unable to address the reasons and circumstances surrounding this non-offer.

Business and Skilled Migration

Department of State Growth

www.migration.tas.gov.auIwww.stategrowth.tas.gov.au

19-Aug-2018

I got this email this morning.
Can anyone advice on the next thing i should do

Sorry about this delay, but I tell you delay is not denial.
Believe me I know how it feels, I have been there.

You need to tackle the concern head on, as well as clean up any other loophole that might have been in previous application. I strongly believe the first thing the case officer will consider in assessing your nomination application is this employability issue before settlement funds and others. This is the most important part, because it is what qualifies overseas applicant for the category.

●What's your occupation nominated?
●how many vacancy adverts did you submit?
●hope the vacancy had similar/closely related titles if not d same to your occupation?

Comb multiple websites for job vacancies
Seek, indeed, aurora, jobs each etc.

You might find d same vacancy on different site, while you would find some very ackward vacancy that could help on some low-brow websites. So you need to search far and wide. Expect to give them at least 7 vacancies, do not settle for 5 or even 6.

Your employment statement again could have shot you in the leg. How did you match your experience and qualification to each advert?

Even if you find an advert that you don't have experience in the requirement for the roles, but it's still in your field/discipline, you can state how school courses, IT/internship have prepared or equipped you with requisite skill-just like you have no work experience at all.

N.B. what's your occupation nominated

Lemme see how I can be of help

4 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
afosahid:

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points

Great news, elates the thread.

Many more of such terrific news.

Congratulations. Your journey was very smooth, thank God. Go ahead and prosper.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by u3fine(m): 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
Fabulousfej:
Hello everyone, thanks for this wonderful help that even money cannot always buy. I have been researching and have not reached a solid conclusion on what to do concerning my skills assessment because my qualification is Microbiologist and my work experience is admin officer and customer relations personnel. Pls advise on what to assess to assure me of a positive outcome. Thank you. PS; age 32, ielts 8.5,7,7.5,7.5.
I'm in the same dilemma with you. B Sc Botany with 6 years Admin / School manager position in a private school. Don't know what occupation to declare

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
@Afosahid,

Congratulations mate... May the land prosper you.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 4:36am On Aug 24, 2018
Amen. Thanks chief!

bellong:
@Afosahid,

Congratulations mate... May the land prosper you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jazinogold(m): 6:34am On Aug 24, 2018
Rach90:
Please I need someone to review my documents for me before I submit to vetassess
PM me
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by diggy4real: 6:56am On Aug 24, 2018
Congratulations @Afosahid.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 9:23am On Aug 24, 2018
afosahid:

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points

WOW! Your PTE result tho. Madness!
Congratulations!!!
Australia a san gbogbo wa. Amin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.