Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,480 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807840 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by candycush(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alphadoor:
Updated

Honorary Roll Call .

If you know..... you know grin

E fit be you too ooo.

Don't be passing by.....

Bellong
Jukeblam
Tyosho
Malkingburg
Sammywemmy
Cuteannie02
Akinnawou
Pinoralia
Kempguy47
Sesal
Oknee
Ome240
Jamson
Bolaobby
Vinsmuft
Chidike
Incemay
Martinoonline
Funkyjo
Catchdwind4rmkd
Bnimz
Greeneophyte
Majiouk2002
Baenoz
Disectur
Yoctek
Eladua
Blitzenkreig66
Royal54
Doyen06
Yeeshas
Babylove01
Samge
Duch1020
Ozymigrant
Sofi05
Iceberg54
Lalaazo
Nosula
Teejah80
Omooloriredade
Hephziebah
Sujydee
Olalekankad
Ibiyemiara
Humanshado
Ifexsco
Kamotisha
Mctowel01
Yinlak
Johnsontade
Scrollmeout
Hordunayodt
Zoew
Manga5
Aussy4life
00francis
teewhysafe
Bellacious
NNBB2012
afolaseg
SallyAUS
Cottyekundayo
Solace5
misoke
neks01
afosahid
My name na next oo.....Amen

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nonyowen: 12:01am On Aug 26, 2018
Hi everyone, I've been following the thread for a while now. And I've also perused most of the links provided. I'd just like someone with experience to give their input please.

I studied Applied Geology in FUTA and have been employed as a Geologist at Federal. Mins. Of solid minerals since 2014. But my job role is in mines environmental compliance which closely related to Environmental manager.
My question is which occupation do I choose between the two and the consequence of the descripancy in my job role and course of study? Pls kindly wade in thank you all.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by steakchips: 3:13am On Aug 26, 2018
Go for earth science technician its open for 190 0r 489 in SA & NT

nonyowen:
Hi everyone, I've been following the thread for a while now. And I've also perused most of the links provided. I'd just like someone with experience to give their input please.

I studied Applied Geology in FUTA and have been employed as a Geologist at Federal. Mins. Of solid minerals since 2014. But my job role is in mines environmental compliance which closely related to Environmental manager.
My question is which occupation do I choose between the two and the consequence of the descripancy in my job role and course of study? Pls kindly wade in thank you all.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ambo1: 8:05am On Aug 26, 2018
Hello house,
please u guys should come to my aid. this is the third time i am posting this. I have a degree in Economics and statistics and a masters in human resource management, in addition i am currently working as a professional administrator( non academic staff) in one of the federal universities in the south south, with over six years experience. my question is which occupation should i choose.....ogas in the house please assist me...thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:45am On Aug 26, 2018
@ambo1,

The occupation list is available in the links on the opening page to guide you in choosing or nominating an occupation.

You alone know your job descriptions and you can use that to narrow down possible occupations to nominate.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Olvic: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2018
[quote author=koleefem05 post=69709068]It’s really been a while here.
@Olvic, sorry for my late response to the mention by Sir @bellong, I’m happy your concerns has been thoroughly cleared. I’m open should you need any further help. Regards.

Congratulations @Misoke, now you can “Misile”.

@Phlunteer my sister, we are popping champagne soonest. [/quote
Thanks for your response Na atall atall bad pass I will PM you.
This question goes to everyone in the house can someone who did not work in a farm but is working as an agricultural consultant for an agricultural consulting firm stand a chance they consult for farms, farmers and even one of the meddle belt state government on agric. but don't have farm ]
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 26, 2018
[quote author=Olvic post=70618424][/quote]Sure. It all depends on how articulate you present your claim in your statement of service, JD and/or CV. I saw your PM, but mailer demon failure.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2018
Mr Morrison is removing immigration and citizenship from the Home Affairs portfolio, giving those responsibilities to new minister David Coleman.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/pm-scott-morrison-announces-his-new-ministry
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nonyowen: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2018
steakchips:
Go for earth science technician its open for 190 0r 489 in SA & NT

Thank u for response. Yes I saw the that job on the list but my problem is that that job experience is more of environmental manager where as qualifications is Geology. I'm not sure how to reconcile this to ensure positive assessment from Vetassess.
Also kindly help assess my chances based on this profile
Age 28
Edu. B.Tech Geology from FUTA
Experience. 3yeras and 8 months
IELT. Haven't written bt I won't have a problem acing it I've been working with British Council for 4 years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Phlunter01: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2018
koleefem05:
Mr Morrison is removing immigration and citizenship from the Home Affairs portfolio, giving those responsibilities to new minister David Coleman.

We don't know if this is good or bad...only time will tell or what do we think?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by steakchips: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2018
for skill assessment, the degree is the first which is the qualification. It can be in a relevant field or not that comes down to how many yrs post qualification work experience vetassess will deduct for a positive outcome. so degree doesn't really matter unless stated by vetassess that you must have a degree in a highly relevant field.

nonyowen:

Thank u for response. Yes I saw the that job on the list but my problem is that that job experience is more of environmental manager where as qualifications is Geology. I'm not sure how to reconcile this to ensure positive assessment from Vetassess.
Age 28
IELT. Haven't written bt I won't have a problem acing it I've been working with British Council for 4 years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 26, 2018
Positive vibes only Ma'am...good all the way. Today na Sunday.#lols
Phlunter01:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ambo1: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2018
thank you sir for the good work you are doing here....how can i reach u personally for advice? I really need your help sir.
bellong:
@ambo1,

The occupation list is available in the links on the opening page to guide you in choosing or nominating an occupation.

You alone know your job descriptions and you can use that to narrow down possible occupations to nominate.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
koleefem05:
Positive vibes only Ma'am...good all the way. Today na Sunday.#lols
Phlunter01:

koleefem05:

The return of DIBP grin grin grin grin.

Bye bye to DHA angry ...

another website change loading grin

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ambo1: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
@ oga bellong thanks for attending to me, i was able to go through the SOL list and i found the following....
(1) Education Adviser

(2) Education Manager plans, organises, directs, controls and
coordinates educational policy, and provides advice and
educational and administrative support to staff and students in
educational institutions (ANZSCO).

This occupation covers Education Managers which are not
Education Managers nec
elsewhere classified in ANZSCO. This occupation includes Project
Coordinator (Education), TAFE Registrar and University Registrar.
Highly relevant fields of study would be Educational Studies,
Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and
Administration.

my issue is @the bolded, i dont have such qualifications.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mustard: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
jayooh:

1) i wouldn't say work visas are easier than goin for PR direct, rather I think it's harder except you have an exceptionally required skill demanded for filling certain positions in the country. Getting employment is the first hurdle which will carry your nomination/sponsorship.

2) the way I understand it, u can get assessed as an engineer and enter the country with same occupation, then end up practicing as a dentist grin. Nobody will hold you. It's the discretion of the employer that matters in gaining employment.

Thanks @jayooh
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MrGreenMavro: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
nonyowen:

Age 28
the ball is in your court...align your JD to suite the occupation
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aussy4life: 10:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
It's not only Sol list that is there try checking state list too. Nobody can tell you which occupation to apply rather check all list and pick the one that is closely related to what you studied and find a way to apply for it.

Please note that Australia assessing body want's what you studied to be closelyrelated to what your doing. If you cant find any please try canada.

quote author=ambo1 post=70622692]@ oga bellong thanks for attending to me, i was able to go through the SOL list and i found the following....
(1) Education Adviser

(2) Education Manager plans, organises, directs, controls and
coordinates educational policy, and provides advice and
educational and administrative support to staff and students in
educational institutions (ANZSCO).

This occupation covers Education Managers which are not
Education Managers nec
elsewhere classified in ANZSCO. This occupation includes Project
Coordinator (Education), TAFE Registrar and University Registrar.
Highly relevant fields of study would be Educational Studies,
Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and
Administration.

my issue is @the bolded, i dont have such qualifications.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nonyowen: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ok sir thank you
My majore problem is just that qualifications what's your opinion based on my explanation. Thank you again.
GreenMavro:
the ball is in your court...align your JD to suite the occupation
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
Akachukwu123:
Thanks for your genuine concern.
My occupation is ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST 233914

I submitted 8 different job vacancies.

I would like to find out the job titles that are closely related to engr technologist as this would have been the reason for the NON OFFER.
Samples of employability statement from a successful engineering technologist applicant would be soooo helpful.

God bless us all.
No retreat, no surrender.
Aussie aussie aussie.

Cheers

M

Which discipline? Send a pm sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MrGreenMavro: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
nonyowen:
Ok sir thank you
My majore problem is just that qualifications what's your opinion based on my explanation. Thank you again.
PM let's relate
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by luvluvluv: 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
Pls anyone help with the link to job description for a mec engr?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MrGreenMavro: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
My employer but exactly what is on my CV job description, on my employer reference letter....hope vetassess wouldn't flag it.

Also, my employer quoted my current salary on the reference letter
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MrGreenMavro: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
luvluvluv:
Pls anyone help with the link to job description for a mec engr?

https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/#no-access
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nonyowen: 12:01am On Aug 27, 2018
Done pls check ur mail
GreenMavro:
PM let's relate
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by debsty(m): 12:03am On Aug 27, 2018
koleefem05:

This move is definitely more positive than not. Irrespective of the stance of the new minister on immigration matters ( which is very moderate by the way, compared to our familiar person 'PD'), stripping immigration and citizenship from Home affairs portfolio allows for more efficiency in the department. Putting the two under one minister was just too much power.

Anyways, we hope for better news for hopeful immigrants especially from this forum. Last financial year, there were only about 600 Nigerians that got permanent residence, which included those onshore already (Apologies , can't find and post the source link at the moment). This does not favorably compare with those from India which was about 30,000. This is why we need to continue to help each other with information in any little way we can. Lets keep the zeal burning guys!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akachukwu123: 4:18am On Aug 27, 2018
Chemical engineering.

Pls can u send an email to me
onyejekwulumakaa@yahoo.com

Thanks

jayooh:

Which discipline? Send a pm sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2018
afosahid:
[/b]Short Timeline Alert[b] grin grin

So i woke up to grant emails for myself, wifey and kids this morning. I am elated as i share this news and i hope inspires a lot of people still in the process.

Please see Timeline below:

For those still at various stages of the struggle, i hope this inspires you never to give up. I wish you all the very best!!!
congrats mate.

please what was your nominated occupation. you really had a smooth sail of the migration process, i pray the land favours you and yours .the land shall favour us (e-family ) all amen.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 9:49am On Aug 27, 2018
GreenMavro:
My employer but exactly what is on my CV job description, on my employer reference letter....hope vetassess wouldn't flag it.

Also, my employer quoted my current salary on the reference letter

If the CV job description is in tandem with the job description for your nominated occupation from anzscosearch you should be good to go
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2018
debsty:

This move is definitely more positive than not. Irrespective of the stance of the new minister on immigration matters ( which is very moderate by the way, compared to our familiar person 'PD'), stripping immigration and citizenship from Home affairs portfolio allows for more efficiency in the department. Putting the two under one minister was just too much power.

Anyways, we hope for better news for hopeful immigrants especially from this forum. Last financial year, there were only about 600 Nigerians that got permanent residence, which included those onshore already (Apologies , can't find and post the source link at the moment). This does not favorably compare with those[b] from India which was about 30,000.[/b] This is why we need to continue to help each other with information in any little way we can. Lets keep the zeal burning guys!

As for the Indians, you can give it to them. No body waka reach them for the whole world
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 10:52am On Aug 27, 2018
Akachukwu123:
Chemical engineering.

Pls can u send an email to me
onyejekwulumakaa@yahoo.com

Thanks

Done
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akachukwu123: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
God bless you bro!

I'm soooo grateful.

Cheers
jayooh:

Done

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.