Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807712 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
Akachukwu123:
God bless you bro!

I'm soooo grateful.

Cheers
No sweat
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rach90: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
Please does anyone have the table showing Australia classification of degree?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ambo1: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
aussy4life:
It's not only Sol list that is there try checking state list too. Nobody can tell you which occupation to apply rather check all list and pick the one that is closely related to what you studied and find a way to apply for it.

Please note that Australia assessing body want's what you studied to be closelyrelated to what your doing. If you cant find any please try c

Thanks Boss....I just nominated the Education Managers nec as my occupation for the skills assessment, however I noticed that there is a caveat that states a highly relevant field of study, although the job description matches mine. I have a B.Sc. in Economics and statistics and a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, but this seems to differ from the highly relevant fields of study such as Educational Studies, Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and Administration which was stated.

Please sir advise me on what to do. Can I go ahead for assessment?

Thanks.

quote author=ambo1 post=70622692]@ oga bellong thanks for attending to me, i was able to go through the SOL list and i found the following....
(1) Education Adviser

(2) Education Manager plans, organises, directs, controls and
coordinates educational policy, and provides advice and
educational and administrative support to staff and students in
educational institutions (ANZSCO).

This occupation covers Education Managers which are not
Education Managers nec
elsewhere classified in ANZSCO. This occupation includes Project
Coordinator (Education), TAFE Registrar and University Registrar.
Highly relevant fields of study would be Educational Studies,
Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and
Administration.

my issue is @the bolded, i dont have such qualifications.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ambo1: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
I just nominated the Education Managers nec as my occupation for the skills assessment, however I noticed that there is a caveat that states a highly relevant field of study, although the job description matches mine. I have a B.Sc. in Economics and statistics and a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, but this seems to differ from the highly relevant fields of study such as Educational Studies, Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and Administration which was stated.

Thanks.
aussy4life:
It's not only Sol list that is there try checking state list too. Nobody can tell you which occupation to apply rather check all list and pick the one that is closely related to what you studied and find a way to apply for it.

Please note that Australia assessing body want's what you studied to be closelyrelated to what your doing. If you cant find any please try canada.

quote author=ambo1 post=70622692]@ oga bellong thanks for attending to me, i was able to go through the SOL list and i found the following....
(1) Education Adviser

(2) Education Manager plans, organises, directs, controls and
coordinates educational policy, and provides advice and
educational and administrative support to staff and students in
educational institutions (ANZSCO).

This occupation covers Education Managers which are not
Education Managers nec
elsewhere classified in ANZSCO. This occupation includes Project
Coordinator (Education), TAFE Registrar and University Registrar.
Highly relevant fields of study would be Educational Studies,
Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and
Administration.

my issue is @the bolded, i dont have such qualifications.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ogbevireo(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
ambo1:
I just nominated the Education Managers nec as my occupation for the skills assessment, however I noticed that there is a caveat that states a highly relevant field of study, although the job description matches mine. I have a B.Sc. in Economics and statistics and a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, but this seems to differ from the highly relevant fields of study such as Educational Studies, Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and Administration which was stated.

Thanks.

I think you would be taking too much of a risk to do this assessment, unless the assessing body gives you a leeway in the form of years of experience in lieu of academic qualifications.

In this case, I do not see that leeway.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
Rach90:
Please does anyone have the table showing Australia classification of degree?
Unilorin, 4yrs course

AQF Associate Degree
10pts
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rach90: 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
Is it different from AQF bachelor degree?
Alphadoor:

Unilorin, 4yrs course

AQF Associate Degree
10pts
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by teewhysafe(f): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
Rach90:
Is it different from AQF bachelor degree?
Yeah. its a lower degree and if your occupation requires a Bachelor equivalent, assessment will be negative. Masters from this school in a 4 years course can help you have a positive assessment or 5 years course in this institution

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ogenedo: 6:38am On Aug 28, 2018
Dear House,

Please I urgently need your advice.

I gained admission to the University through Direct Entry, that implies from 200 to 500level as I already have an OND.

My questions are;

1. Will my Btech be assessed has a 4 or 5 years course?

2. Do I need to send both my OND and Btech Transcript or just the Btect to VETASSESS for the assessment?

Kindly assist urgently please.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ambo1: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2018
ogbevireo:

I think you would be taking too much of a risk to do this assessment, unless the assessing body gives you a leeway in the form of years of experience in lieu of academic qualifications.

In this case, I do not see that leeway.

thanks sir....
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 7:25am On Aug 28, 2018
Ogenedo:
Dear House,

Please I urgently need your advice.

I gained admission to the University through Direct Entry, that implies from 200 to 500level as I already have an OND.

My questions are;

1. Will my Btech be assessed has a 4 or 5 years course?

2. Do I need to send both my OND and Btech Transcript or just the Btect to VETASSESS for the assessment?

Kindly assist urgently please.
You have to send both, accompanied with a detailed explanation

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2018
I would think otherwise;
The thread is still monitored periodically by 85%

Phlunter01:

Hnmmmmm....85% of this names can't even remember the link to access this thread again...Lol
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 28, 2018
chiagozie372:
Space booked.

Hope this is not Virus.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by connectgt: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
Good day my brothers and sisters in this forum.
I am about to commence my Australia Permanent Residence Visa application. I understand my credentials must be assessed by VETASSESS. I have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration and a Professional Diploma in Human Resources Management from Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) both in Nigeria.
Please, I need clarification in the following areas;
1.) Am I expected to submit transcript for both the B.sc and professional Diploma or the B.sc would suffice?
2.) What VETASSESS address should be used for requesting transcript for Nigerian applicants?
3.) How much is the cost of assessment?
What I saw on their website is much o... $880. That’s approximately N237,600 for assessment alone.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
connectgt:
I am about to commence my Australia Permanent Residence Visa application. I understand my credentials must be assessed by VETASSESS. I have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration and a Professional Diploma in Human Resources Management from Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) both in Nigeria.
1.) Am I expected to submit transcript for both the B.sc and professional Diploma or the B.sc would suffice?
2.) What VETASSESS address should be used for requesting transcript for Nigerian applicants?
What I saw on their website is much o... $880. That’s approximately N237,600 for assessment alone.

If your eyes are fixed on prices you won't forge ahead. Some did assessment for 1000$ some over 1k.
Visa fee is just over 3700$, not to discourage you, but you need not allow fees set your bar. Cross the bridges when you get there, although you must plan ahead.
The good thing is its doable- coming from someone who also had fears of fees from onset but I kicked my fear in the nuts

4 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
@yeeshas SOS.

Those who know her personally can also kindly connect me with her,
It's pretty urgent.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by connectgt: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
@jayooh: Thanks for your encouragement. But could you assist with the questions raised in connection with the transcript?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fabulousfej: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
[quote author=u3fine post=70550852]
Have you found out anything yet? pls let me know.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
connectgt:
@jayooh: Thanks for your encouragement. But could you assist with the questions raised in connection with the transcript?

Unfortunately, I no be Vetassess person. I be EA person. Won't wanna mislead you, someone more knowledgeable about Vetassess would help u out once they see your post. Trust

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by milkytins(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
Please I have issue in searching for my company on CAC. The company was registered 1982, and CAC didn't update their database to that period when they created that online platform and now the company is not found on CAC website when searched through online. However, the company gave me the last Tax Clearance Certificate from FIRS, and this shows the company registration number, year registered, TIN and address. The company is found when searched through FIRS TIN Verification System.

Hope I won't have any problem during skilled assessment and with CO during visa processing? Because they might search through CAC.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
connectgt:

1. If the professional diploma is related to the job you are nominating, I suggest you also send the transcript
2. Address:
VETASSESS
Skill Recognition – General Occupations
Level 5, 478 Albert St.,
East Melbourne Victoria 3002,
Australia
3. It's AU$880, additional AU$46 for international courier if you want your assessment outcome sent to you via post. Electronic outcome is free.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by connectgt: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
@tunlex01, thanks alot my brother.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ogenedo: 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
Thank you Alphadoor.

Alphadoor:

You have to send both, accompanied with a detailed explanation
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamajaz(f): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
KoleefemKoleefem05, I dey kampe. I've been conquering and will keep conquering. Mo lo mo no, mi o b'omo je. Thanks for checking on me. Phlunter01, i'm learning a new dancing steps on top your matter, cos your testimony go loud, louder, loudest, aswear down

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by u3fine(m): 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
[quote author=Fabulousfej post=70695138][/quote]
Nothing yet
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by praiseisgood: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
@Afosahid, congrats on your grant
May the land continue to yield its rewarding fruits for your effort. Amen
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Phlunter01: 6:48am On Aug 29, 2018
mamajaz:
KoleefemKoleefem05, I dey kampe. I've been conquering and will keep conquering. Mo lo mo no, mi o b'omo je. Thanks for checking on me. Phlunter01, i'm learning a new dancing steps on top your matter, cos your testimony go loud, louder, loudest, aswear down

Hallelujah Sister....Lol
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Donelli: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Donelli:
Good morning.

Can someone please direct me on how to reach Spyroxy1 for the scored mock practice test. I can't seem to reach him via PM.

Thanks

Update

I still wasn't able to get in touch with him but after series of searches online, I came across "ptetutorials" through which I got a 2-mock test voucher for $11.90 (there's a discount that expires 31st August).

I can't recall where and where I clicked embarassed to get to the offer but maybe this can help

https://ptetutorials.com/r/DO166155

To whomever it may concern. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aussy4life: 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sorry for the late response atleast someonehas already responded. Dont assess any education thing as you dont have the degree na straight negative.

Like i said earlier if you cant find what is closely related to waht you studied please try other routes.

quote author=ambo1 post=70659134]I just nominated the Education Managers nec as my occupation for the skills assessment, however I noticed that there is a caveat that states a highly relevant field of study, although the job description matches mine. I have a B.Sc. in Economics and statistics and a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, but this seems to differ from the highly relevant fields of study such as Educational Studies, Teacher Education, and Educational Leadership and Administration which was stated.

Thanks.[/quote]
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by piusford: 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
Congratulations@Afosahid.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aussy4life: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
Your Cipm will not give you any point so no need submitting that except you just want to add that.

Login to vetassess website and find out the address to forward your transcript as well as the price. They are all writing there.

Also note that whatever occupation your nominating must be closely related to your field of study.

All the best

connectgt:

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.