Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? (35079 Views)

I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend / A Newly Married Lady With Her Male Best Friend / Guess What My Male Best Friends Got For Me Has My Birthday Gift!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 26, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Best friends are best friends irrespective of the gender. Some of them are not meant to be left alone and forgotten just because of marriage. Don't marry who you don't/can't trust. Some best friends are part of us and some of them are bigger than marriage. They are like our blood that we can do without. If you think i'm lying ask jada pinkett smith. She'd choose 2Pac over anyone in life even though they are 'just' best friends. I'm sure even will smith wouldn't have been able to separate them if 2pac should still be alive. Best friends are great gift. Sometimes we need them more than our family cuz most of them are more than that.

The only thing the woman is to do is to try her best to give the husband the reason to trust her. You lots should stop being insecure.
I hope u saw that the marriage was seven years but the best friend came about 2years ago?

For u to say that some best friends are bigger than marriage means u don't even understand what marriage is in the first place.

No friendship, not even family members are more important than ur spouse or ur marriage, just get that understanding before u start coming here to seek for advice later.

U are using Will Smith to judge as if the marriage would have been working today if 2Pac was still alive. Will would have gotten tired and then marriage would have been over.

U talk about his insecurity, please stop saying things u don't understand.

Thank u.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by poseidon12: 12:19am On Jul 26, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Best friends are best friends irrespective of the gender. Some of them are not meant to be left alone and forgotten just because of marriage. Don't marry who you don't/can't trust. Some best friends are part of us and some of them are bigger than marriage. They are like our blood that we can do without. If you think i'm lying ask jada pinkett smith. She'd choose 2Pac over anyone in life even though they are 'just' best friends. I'm sure even will smith wouldn't have been able to separate them if 2pac should still be alive. Best friends are great gift. Sometimes we need them more than our family cuz most of them are more than that.

The only thing the woman is to do is to try her best to give the husband the reason to trust her. You lots should stop being insecure.

And Jada Pinkett Smith and 2Pac are your model of how things should be done?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Zirah: 12:20am On Jul 26, 2018
dairykidd:

Nothing beats it & u should be best friends & buddies too... As in 5 & 6

It's that simple. People though...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Jettage: 12:27am On Jul 26, 2018
I love this topic. This is the major reason why my marriage ended. Only a foolish man will keep such woman for long. Real men dont take foolishness. The other man have drawn a battle line in the sand. Your wife calls him best friend. Let him have his best friend. You will regret condoning it
It is adultery dont be fooled by social media and deciet of a woman

7 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by OpinionCounts(m): 12:29am On Jul 26, 2018
You are only asking this question because you don't have sense, because if you had sense your sense should have told you IT IS NOT OK!!! in capital letters.

You have been married for 7years and yet even with your love, warmth and companionship you share together another man was still more soothing to her to become her bestie within just 2years.

There is a thin line between bestie and lovers, thats why it is advisable to have a bestie of your own gender to avoid the unplanned emotional and sexual mingling especially when you are married.

Let me educate u a little..a bestie is one that gives you the most pleasing companionship, understands you emotionally more than any other and someone you will always wish to be with....so are u saying your wife gets the above not from you but another man.....your own don finish..BYE.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by e7ejinima: 12:31am On Jul 26, 2018
Ok, so you got married at age of 24 and your wife 21 Then?
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by cenaman(m): 12:32am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:
Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson, Am 31 years. I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years.. We are blessed with two kids.

But the thing is that, I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. My wife says the Guy is her best friend nothing else.

Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that, but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time. She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know. All I want is for my Wife to cut him off. She's married for Christ sake.

Please narialanders help me with advice.

Am already loosing it.
the day you give her free will to continue with the friendship, that's the same day you sign ur divorce paper. ask her to block him in all the medium they use in communicating with each other if not you will live to regreat it, saying from experience though.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by carlos1(m): 12:34am On Jul 26, 2018
So u r not even her best friend,,? Women eh. Shine ur eyes o
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Zirah: 12:35am On Jul 26, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Best friends are best friends irrespective of the gender. Some of them are not meant to be left alone and forgotten just because of marriage. Don't marry who you don't/can't trust.

Ta! People should learn to respect boundaries. I have an ex who though married refers to me as his bestfriend (we were together for so long). I'd remind him his wife is his bf but would staunchly disagree making reference to the past. Sometimes I let him be to broker peace. But when marriage comes, I'll remind him I'm married now and God forbid he's my bf when hubby is there. To admit someone else outside of your marriage is your bf is disrespectful to yourself and your spouse to say the least.

Anyone this phenomenon doesn't apply to doesn't know what they're doing and shouldn't have been married in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by iwomen(f): 12:35am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:
Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson, Am 31 years. I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years.. We are blessed with two kids.

But the thing is that, I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. My wife says the Guy is her best friend nothing else.

Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that, but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time. She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know. All I want is for my Wife to cut him off. She's married for Christ sake.

Am already loosing it.

I can help you uncover more, and give you evidence to know if she's doing anything or not.. if interested, let me know.
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Spatta: 12:35am On Jul 26, 2018
Have you all noticed that ladies are not responding to this very serious and sensitive issues?
I know why.
Girls of cheap moral values. Libidinous generation

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 26, 2018
CrystalTiger:

Free her?.I don't think its cool when people deliberately tempt themselves.. This thing called 'REGRET' is mostly innocent intention/action at its early stage..

[b]A married woman has absolutely no business with a male bestir..[/b]SIMPLE AS ABC..
Says who? This is a fallacy hence it is false. An unsecure man says the bolded part
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Born2Breed(f): 12:41am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:

Am already loosing it.

Male Best Friend = Deputy Husband.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Melison(m): 12:47am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:

Am already loosing it.
Hmm all is not well trust me even if not presently but later scores go comot
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by MPVGoddess: 12:49am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:

Am already loosing it.

Your marriage is suffering from disloyalty

More about that here (the complete article) https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005641?q=loyalty%20FAMILY&p=par

The part that directly applies to you, see pictures attached

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:49am On Jul 26, 2018
Well... When it comes to marriage.. Every best friends or friends or enemies or whatever must be in the open.. ...any single sided best friend is a secret..
.........that things under human beings didn't go to school oo...before Q will be O .
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by wakaawaka(m): 12:53am On Jul 26, 2018
Mr. COOL HUSBAND.
She is cheating on you or about to cheat on you. See you better put a stop to it.
I have a "friend" that this happened to. Not me o. My friend was so calm and before he knew it.. VIAM( onye hausa wenzia dada)

BROS. Stop her from that forbidden relationship "before what happened to my friend happens to you".

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by D34lw4p(m): 12:55am On Jul 26, 2018
smiley

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:

Am already loosing it.
I am
Who
I am.

That's all undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by tolani4real: 1:01am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:

Am already loosing it.
Good question
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Chriscent50b(m): 1:01am On Jul 26, 2018
Male friend with benefit .lol
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by VictorOBVkings(m): 1:05am On Jul 26, 2018

I understand how you feel bro... left for me, I will advise you confront her immediately. she can't be hurting feelings at will.

I understand how you feel bro... left for me, I will advise you confront her immediately. she can't be hurting feelings at will.

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by slightlyMad(f): 1:06am On Jul 26, 2018
Pls get yourself a prettier lady as bestie and watch how she responds with envy
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:

Am already loosing it.

Married women are not supposed to have male friends talkless of male best friends, even if they are childhood best friends after she don marry him supposed to back off, demoted to a acquaintance. Put an end to it now before it leads to infidelity.

P.S from what you typed the infidelity bar is at 60%, it can jump to a 100% momentarily

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Troublemaker007(m): 1:14am On Jul 26, 2018
VictorRomanov:
That's emotional infidelity - the beginning of the actual infidelity.

May sense never finish in that your brain or leave you IJN cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 26, 2018
Gabrie300:
[s]Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson, Am 31 years. I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years.. We are blessed with two kids.

Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that, but [/s]I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time.[s] She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know. All I want is for my Wife to cut him off. She's married for Christ sake.

Am already loosing it.[/s]

Be a Man in your house or someone else will.

I trust my Wife, Alimat Iya Sukura, she won't use a snake head to scratch her back.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by bezimo(m): 1:17am On Jul 26, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

Its never a good idea for a wife to have male best friend, your wife doesnt respect or consider you feelings

would the best friend feel comfortable if his own wife had best male friend

If it was me i would ask the wife to phone the guy around midnight if he picks then i would ask him to speak to his wife or my wife would ask to speak to his own wife, the chances of him saying NO are high becoz he know morally the wife would ask what the lady wants from him

He will likely not even answer the call becoz he will be in trouble with his wife

This approach would be to show my wife, that the guy has no respect of our marriage but he has respect for his marriage, either by not answering the call or by not allowing either of us to talk to his wife means he knows his wife would be pissed and also know that he would disrespecting his own marriage

Any man who has to fear in being a besti to married wife means he has respect for that marriage or the woman husband, a reasonable married guy should generally feel for the other guy

If he doesnt its either he is already shagging the lady or waiting to shag her

Gbam..I hope men are learning
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by p1jiobi: 1:19am On Jul 26, 2018
Bro your question is very silly. Why not also ask if its ok to be screwing another woman while u are still married. Mtchewwwww
Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by bezimo(m): 1:21am On Jul 26, 2018
Heaven knows I won't tolerate that rubbish.. a woman I married saying one man is her best friend..like is she mad or stupid.....or under a spell or what..If she do anyhow on that matter. I will just inform her people and tell them everything and send back to her father's so she can marry the male best friend.

Some of these girls that have male besties..are never loyal.. that's how I discharged one girl like that..she explain tire..that no he has a girlfriend..i said get lost..

And guys too..should learn to respect boundaries..you know say girl don marry..you still dey chat her up for night and call her unto parly/friend things... still dey form..we-we..very stupid set of folks..Respect and give her big space to face her husband and family.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Has A Female Bestie... / Yoruba, Igbo, Edo & America: Couple Showcase Four Cultures In Photoshoot / My Wedding Invitations

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.