Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? (62774 Views)

Men Can You Marry A Lady With Too Many Tattoos: see picture / Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by OEChika: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2018
justy15:
Why not, I have people around me whose allowance is just 15k n they are happily married with beautiful wives n kids. What is most important is starting

yes they might be married but how sure are you they are "happily married"
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by OEChika: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2018
HRtechnique:
Well Civil servants don't earn that much.

But let me educate you guys (Using Lagos as example):

1. A self contain is around N200k
2. A TV is around 60k.
3. Gas is 4k to refill.
5. Baby food is around 2k.
6. Diapers is around 5k.
7. PHCN around 4k monthly.
8. Utility bills go dey.
9. Average TP daily is 1k.
10. Half kilo of chicken is 500 at 5 pieces.

Without any kids, it can be managed but changing clothes, eating what is okay, will be difficult. You may have to trek a lot of times.

You guys may not even be able to contribute at church and most women see it as being hurtful. So yes it's doable but it's challenging.

Baba you get sense die.... God bless you for this
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Saff(f): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2018
Earthbound:

It depends on what your point of view is but I'd be happy to.
grin grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 01, 2018
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2018
akpunda86:

Funny you eight years back I was earning just 70k.me and my wife planned my marriage a yeat.well that is history now as I'm no more a salary man but a millionaire.yeah N.a. God.

Guy salary no determine love.what gave me courage was that I saw palmwine tappers in the village marrying with less than 30k.luckily I met my wife.
Hey marriage is not meant to be expensive but if you copy cat it becomes.
Bye
Nairalander since da

I sent you a p.m sir

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chronique(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2018
ModelX:

That saga nor complete until you hook the girl back, lash am nonstop for complete 1week, then pursue comot.
But I know that you're an irredeemable gentleman. You fit go lose guard marry am. Tueeh.

lol. i'm close to being a perfect gentleman but i'm not an idiot or a fool. truth is,life is too short to focus your time on irrelevant things. whatever experiences you get from such scenarios,should only guide you in making proper sense of judgement next time. don't go about trying to get vengeance and finally getting into trouble and wasting time trying to get out of the mess. you got a bright future in front of you;focus your time and energy in trying to bring that into reality... finally,understand that God sees both our good and bad deeds and he alone has the right to judge us.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by OEChika: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2018
DonPiiko:
Cut your coat according to your size, marry within your social circle and live within your means, I am not getting married until I own two houses with my name on it.

Hope works in progress... cos if not

you won't even get married at all
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by MeeLan: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2018
pretend anyhow you want, but people get married daily with half that income tag.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by zubezune: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2018
DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING Content is the fire.
Promotion is the gasoline and when you rightly mix the two,
You unleash incredible quantum of result-based business spark.
That is the language we understand at Ultra Digital

• Twitter Trending
• Instagram Paid Ads
• Content Creation and Syndication
• Social Media Management
• Email Marketing & Automation
• Onsite and Offsite SEO Implementation
• FB Paid Ad Marketing
• Google Adwords Marketing
• Blogs Contents Research, Management and Syndication
• Forums Paid Ads & Management
• Marketplaces Paid Ads
• PLUS MUCH MORE

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by jeff1607(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
Never. That's a suicide attempt. Even if I earn all the money in the world, I will never settle for less. I used to believe in starting small, but as it is now, I've re-strategized. Some men are just too complacent to step out of their comfort zone. We have to be very comfortable to get married. Marriage isn't a child's play.

and if he looses his job and can't get one almost immediately? you will bail out I guess right?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Jokerman(m): 11:21am On Aug 01, 2018
nepp:
I earn 170k per month and with sights on a promotion and increased salary, my Uber side hustle also gives me 100k at least in a month in lagos. NO I can't marry a man with 60k as monthly salary. There is no career growth for a man that probably studied; mass communication, estate management, theater arts, fine arts etc in Nigeria!. If he has a side business with good prospects I just might consider if the love is there but career wise, I believe there's no growth or salary increment! This is Nigeria! smiley

"Obi" the fine art graduate can't be "emeka" who started with 60k as an accountant but increased to 100k+ in 4yrs.

So you have streamlined it to engineers and medical practitioners abi....
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by jeff1607(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2018
I know guys who receive between 150k - 250k as salaries yet can't boast of a bank account , they are always broke. they look forward to Iou every 15th of each month. No wives no family

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by OEChika: 11:35am On Aug 01, 2018
chronique:
i dont think it's a good idea to try that. my monthly earnings beats that almost xyz times and i still go broke and i'm single and i don't spend lavishly... that 60k alone is my cost of fueling my gen and paying nepa bill alone per month. fueling of car/transportation,feeding,telephone bills,etc, isn't part of it. so,how would i cope with raising a family on that budget? but then again,life is in phases and men are in sizes. there are still some people who can cope wiith that and the state where a person lives in,depends. but if i have to advice any young man who wants to live a quality life,i'd simply say: "dont try it".

Ah Ah bros... Nepa bill, fueling generator, 60k

one month alone....
I won't say you are lieing just that I'm surprised

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by 1stNumeroUno: 11:38am On Aug 01, 2018
How much salary is really enough to start a family? Practically no amount.
Getting married and starting a family is more of sacrifice , dedication and determination. So no matter what you earn, whenever you find love and you're mature for marriage my brother go ahead.
As you've read from other comments above some guys earn far less than that and they've a happy family. While some take 60k home on Fridays for weekend expenses (not salary o) but they're not happy in the family.

Summarily, money answereth many things o, but don't lose that wonderful fiance/fiancee because of meagre salary today. Always remember that hardwork and truthfulness between couples can pave a better future.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chronique(m): 11:40am On Aug 01, 2018
OEChika:

Ah Ah bros... Nepa bill, fueling generator, 60k

one month alone....
I won't say you are lieing just that I'm surprised

calculate 1500/night for 30 days + your engine oil,transportation to buying the fuel(i don't sleep in the filling station),change of plugs,etc. + 6k prepaid nepa bill on the average. that's close to 60k in a month.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Elviswifey1(f): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2018
60k good nah to compare wit my cousin husband case.he does nothing only walking around spoiling d wife name.they feed him,cloth, pay rent n children fees for 9yrs no support from him to d family only gossip n sleep like woman.give him money to do business he will eat d money n still owe d person that gave it to him.I feel for that woman. She hoped for any amount job for hubby if he will agree to work even if 30k so he can support her n d children.I never see
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by AllHailBiafra(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
chinchonglee:
I as a man cant get married wit a 60k income...

I ll jst be managing my singleness...even if it means nt getting married 4 d rest of my life...
You just ended up displaying your immaturity and dafty level of sense.

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by nabegibeg: 12:06pm On Aug 01, 2018
chinchonglee:

Lol...i am laughing at ur timid mentality..

Everyday i say words like "I WANT TO BE RICH LIKE DANGOTE"... why doesnt it work according to my word in dis aspect...

Africans nd superstition re like 5&6

You reek with stupidity

You didn't say you want to be dangote the response wouldn't have been different
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Greatzeus(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
chiraqDemon:
I've been with working adults and I started noticing that all those 250k salaries are like fantasies to most people. The reality is that in this Nigeria it is hard to earn more than 100k, especially when you're working a government job at the state or local government level. Trying to set up a business out of that 60k salary will still stress the hell out of you cos sometimes you'll be making progress and other times it will seem like life is dragging you back.

The truth is that we have looked at the few with salaries of 200k upwards and we've started thinking that it is the average and standard salary, the truth is that when. You finish school, you will most likely end up with a job of less than 60k sef, and it will take long for you to earn a promotion that will get you above 100k salary.

The only thing you can do is use you brain to manage the 60k salary, develop a saving habit and learn money management. And also as a guy, don't marry a slay queen that thinks that the things she sees on social media are reality. Real people, majority of people, are not on social media, they can't afford to be cos they are hustling.

And also as a woman, don't let social media standards cloud your view of real life, get your own source of income and support yourself, learn to remember that this is reality and not some fantasy land where you'll be earning 5million just from waking up and being pretty.

Most civil servants are earning around or below 60k, still pull tithe out of there(for Christians), transport to work for the month right there,feed with the money, pay rent with the Money and are still happily married, send their kids to schools they can afford.

Once again, real life and reality are far off from what you see on social media.

The people on social media either do not work(kids that collect data money from their parents), or are the minority few of the general population that can afford to be there. The rest are out hustling to make things good for their families, don't stay where you are and think social media is real life.
God bless you for this,may you keep going higher and higher by God's grace,what a resounding truth

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by ImaIma1(f): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
amstamon:

Aunty i2know, oya tell us how much b baby food and diapers. As if couples with no good jobs no dey born pikin that grows healthy as d days goes by. Afterall, before diapers and baby food, we get soyabeans powder, akamu, ogi baba, etc.. And we also still get napkin, Ankara pieces with Dustin powder tucking inside pants(with superman logo).
Even birds of the air has no farm, yet they feeds, how much more we humans created in God's image.
Hardwork is what matters most, not the figures u earn at the moment, then follows by understanding between both couples. And most importantly, there should b an input from the wife also.
Shebi na Jonathan wey him papa no fit buy shoe for became president.
Shikena..

Uncle "I no too know" i don't know what standard you want for your children and really, that is your business.

Even if you are using the cheapest products, "my boy" baby milk which seems to be the most affordable is about 1,100. Are ogi baba, soya beans free in the market?

When you are going to church or event, will the child wear ankara pieces and soil the whole place? Even the napkin and ankara pieces are bought wirh money.

Children require money no matter how cheap.

..."even birds that don't have farms have food..." smiley. I am sure this is the scripture those that have 5 kids on a 20k salary meditate upon but they forget the scripture that says "wisdom is profitable to direct".

And i am sure you saw the part where i said "our finances" not "his finances".

If you are good with having kids without shoes, be my guest.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Ishilove: 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
MajorJeffery:
The giving in this context isn't about sacrifice. The lady had money at the back of her mind after all the topic is about financial obligations. I believe if people marry their friends and not just lovers, there won't be dramas in marriage.

I hardly remember the name of girls I loved and dated in my early teen years but I still remember the name of my primary school girl friends. You see what I mean?
Just negodu. E don tey wey son of Adam don spoil cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by 1234IKECHhukwu: 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
lovethchioma:
No; you should pity yourself. I have long gotten a job and it's in my field of study... as a matter of fact, A much better one is about to happen soon. Even, when I wasn't working.. I had other things I do that fetches me money once a while. So, I wasn't totally dependent on anyone even at that point in my life.
You See, some of you are very foolish.. when someone says a thing, you people quickly go through their profile so you can get what to bring them down with, I'm sure you also read somewhere in my profile post where I have stated that what anyone thinks or says about me here do not really bother me as some of you here are sadists. You have nothing real going for you in real life and you expect everyone to be in your shoes.
You should work hard and pray that you don't have to be in that position where you'll have to be earning 60k as a single man.. much less as a married man. Not rushing to attack someone for wishing themselves good. I cant and will never marry a man who earns that amount because the man in my life will do far extremely well above what you can imagine. Bye..
I hope is not ur father u re calling foolish.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Yian1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
SureBozz:
Dear ladies, if you meet a young promising guy who is earning a monthly salary of N60,000 and wants to marry you, would you accept to marry him if he really loves you?

If I were a girl, I would advise him to do The Business Of The 21st Century Known as "Network Marketing Business", and be successful.

To know more, contact me on WhatsApp on this number: 08164269252
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Afrocentric: 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
chinchonglee:
mumu...
Mind ur business next time
u want to speak 4 everybody
pokenoser
I'm more better than your father
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
LadyBeee:
I'm not marrying him for his money. I have my own money

I sent you a p.m check ur mail
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Odunharry(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
MajorJeffery:
So marriage is now about giving? I dey learn new thing today.
Lmao. Nairaland is comic land
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
ImaIma1:

Cc MajorJeffery

You guys are so right and that is my experience now.

I married my long time friend. I knew all the babes he dated...we were that close.

My marriage is easy though we have our conflicts but we know how to handle each other.

And handling money matters is easy. It doesn't matter who has the money. Our ATM cards are used by any of us at any particular time. No issue of "it is my money"

There were times when things were down, we would drink the garri together and enjoy it like fried rice cheesy.

Marrying him is the best decision i ever made and at the time we wedded, i was earning over double his salary.
Wow, God bless your home.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by OEChika: 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
chronique:

calculate 1500/night for 30 days + your engine oil,transportation to buying the fuel(i don't sleep in the filling station),change of plugs,etc. + 6k prepaid nepa bill on the average. that's close to 60k in a month.

whatever makes you sleep
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by holluphemydavid(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
ImaIma1:
Can the guy himself handle it? Or he will turn to a nag when life hits him.

I could date a guy like that but not marry especially if i don't have a better income. We could get married when the finances get better.

I know how much baby food and diapers are. And babies must eat and poop. I don't want a husband that will start negotiating the baby's diapers, food, etc.

Besides, for the sake of the man's ego, he should earn better first.
And d lady will not be contributing anytin rite, most of u girls commenting, do u knw Dat 60k is d salary of GL 09 in federal ministries, and u knw wot it takes to attain Dat post, and guys in GL 06,07 and 08 who doesn't earn up to Dat amount are getting married, I tink most girls need to av a rethink abt dis, and also plan hw to help d family, not Dat every problem of d home should be on d man
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chinchonglee(m): 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
Afrocentric:
I'm more[s][/s] better than your father
no need to add MORE to BETTER dats tautology..

by d way my father doesnt poke nose into other people's matter...learn to mind ur business
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chinchonglee(m): 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
nabegibeg:

You reek with stupidity

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chinchonglee(m): 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
nabegibeg:

You reek with stupidity

Do u av sense at all??

Common is seriously nt common

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Advantages Of Dating A Married Man By A Nigerian Lady. See Lists / Lady Snatches Friends Boyfriend And Weds Him Secretly (Photos) / Help!! I Have Been Masturbating For 9 Years Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.