Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out (61558 Views)

My Bestie Is Under Spiritual Attack After Bedding A Strange Girl. Please Advise. / My Bestie Is In Love With Me But I Don’t Want To Lose Him / My Male Bestie Is Sleeping With His Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by ykalhaji(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
This is a learning situation for all the guys in tbe friendzone with girls. No one is saying don't get into the friendzone, there are sometimes you like a girl so much you can't help but be in the friendzone, but don't ever ever make the stupid mistake of doing what this guy did by taking the easy way out by telling her your feelings and hoping your friendliness over the years will seal the deal. Women love to be wooed, surprised and sometimes unsure of things. There is a phrase called confirm "ete" (lips in yoruba language) women and men lie but the lips never lie. When you guys are alone and at an emotional point go in for the kiss, commit 100% to it. If she pulls back immediately, guy nothing for you ever, if she kisses back and then pulls back she is unsure, don't apologize, wait for her cue, because at that moment you have taken yourself out of the friendzone, she will now always think about you while thinking about how she felt when she kissed you, you now have her curiosity, which will definetly either kill the cat or your stupid one-sided friendship or she might just enjoy the kiss so much she continues to kiss you. Either way it helps her decide quickly.

4 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by testimony1089(m): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Most girls won't have any romantic feelings for a good guy... They are always their 'best friend' bt when their heart is shattered, they will come with a theory 'all guys are the same'....... U will regret loosing d guy... U dont hav a romantic relationship with someone and u ar expecting romantic feelings? There's difference btw infatuation and love... With time u will surely fall uncontrollably for him... Since u are already in love with his personality, just make it ur choice to love him if u really want love not infatuation, If he his a good guy like u portrayed him. Don't make a decision u will regret for the rest of ur life. Too much of movies and romance stories dis days is clouding our emotions... Dont wait for electric shock to tell u he is d right one for u, just take things slow and pray abt it. There's no better guy for u

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by obibob2020(m): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
The guy Bleep up sha. Ladies generally doesn't like stuffs like this. I was once a victim. But mine wasn't up to a year. After expressing my feelings to her, she told me right before my eyes that "you are like a brother to me". And I accepted her decision with all my heart. But she started keeping me malice when i finally got another girl. One major advice i wish to give you is this. If you know you will be jealous if he finally gets another girl, then accept him. But if you won't be jealous, then tell him you are ok with the platonic stuff. One funny stuff is this: some girls would monopolize a guy airspace. They won't accept your proposal, yet they won't allow another girl to come in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Fourwinds: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2018
Chascop:
Having a Female as a Best friend is like having Chicken for a pet, You will eat it some day- Pete Edochie.

Dear OP, he's not a bestie but a long time admirer who's set to unleash his desires and make it official

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Uglymugg: 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
Amberon11:
Dumbass fool
Damn son, what did i do?
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by udemzyudex(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
iwatch:
You can get out of friendzone by disappearing from her presence for long.

Let me tell you. I have this lady I met on here, I told her what I wanted, even up to "wifeying" her, straight to the point, no games. Talked about her to my friend and my brother... the usual evil spirit descended on her and she called me too emotional, too reactive, too sensitive... and above all desperate. All these because I was too truthful, real and friendly.

Oh well, I sha disappeared from her presence and never called nor text ( she actually asked me to stop these at the peak of a quarrel)... fast forward to almost 3 months of no call, text or buzz from me, my phone rang and it was her. guess what? she was saying I dont call her anymore. I refused to call her still for over 2 weeks now.

The closeness between them is too much and when you are too available, this is what you get.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by eph12(m): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
Danpersie31:

so far u have given the best response ..lemme keep reading comments..

@ritylove. bone that shit u spitting abt not loving him. love passes with time and time passes with love. u have the best gift u could ever ask 4 in a guy. it could even result in marriage and trust me it will b d best union.ur husband should be ur partner , it best friend and u have that now.if u lose it trust me God will drop ur case for a very long and leave u to ur own fate. don't just lose that guy no matter what. he knows ur strengths and weaknesses yet still sticks with u for 4 years. come what feeling are u waiting to find?
It happened to me so I know what I was talking about lol. Though we're planning to get married now cheesy cheesy
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by jibs4lv(m): 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
So its true that most girls of nowadays are totally confused, they don't know what they really want .

Am really sorry for your great loss in advance if you lose that guy and am congratulating the lucky one that 'll come his way, stay there they ask useless question on nairaland, no go grab your God given husband in peace .

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
udemzyudex:

Exactly.
na so e just be...
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by thedondada(m): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
3 hours to spill out 4 years of pent up desires.

That guy is firmly entrenched in the friendzone and once you're in there no escape route.

He should know better than spoil it now.

I have done the same thing too, I just maintained the friendship and freed myself. No need.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iLegendd(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
Rita, you need to be flogged — I'll tell you why later. I was the first person who saw this thread, but didn't open it for a reason.

Today, I decided to check it out. Thank God I did. Everyone is trying to proffer you a solution, but all I'm thinking is how we can turn this thread to a book that will help men and women scape this predicament.

This is an opportunity for you to become an author and make money from your story. If you're interested, privately let me know. Have a nice day.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by frankmoney(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
Girls hate nice guys , nice guys always finish last

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Blonchilli(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
Draei:
Seems this one is mentally unstable. A guy with all the good qualities you mentioned isn't good enough for you to date?

But you rather prefer wasting your time with another niggur that ain't even half as caring as he is?

Total bullshiit, some girls need their brains to be examined one after the other. It's pointless saying more to the Op.
Bros the guy pocket nor weigh. I could see through her story. She's gushing about the boy's character but can't date him. TF! If that guy has a great car, large money in the bank and lives in a breathtaking apartment she won't need Nairaland advice. That Kanye West and Jamie Foxx song comes to mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Mrtitanic(m): 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
i can just imagine what most be going through your head now

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Magicdon(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
my dear, d best thing that can happen to you is to date n marry your best friend. From the story you write down, he is your close and best friend. Four years? so what? You have known each other so well. Give him a try I will say to you dear.Your body language says you have a guy you are seeing. my guess though. Say yes to him. You won't regret it. Forget whether hr took four years to open up to you. He is the bomb for you. Don't tell him you taking him as an elder brother. common open your eyes and see he is your dream man. Don't need any soothsayer. Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by gregyboy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
Somehow this guy will neex some good sex from you to compliment his effort over one political turner .....haba

U can still be friends of benefits ukwanu...
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by aywhy93(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
ykalhaji:
This is a learning situation for all the guys in tbe friendzone with girls. No one is saying don't get into the friendzone, there are sometimes you like a girl so much you can't help but be in the friendzone, but don't ever ever make the stupid mistake of doing what this guy did by taking the easy way out by telling her your feelings and hoping your friendliness over the years will seal the deal. Women love to be wooed, surprised and sometimes unsure of things. There is a phrase called confirm "ete" (lips in yoruba language) women and men lie but the lips never lie. When you guys are alone and at an emotional point go in for the kiss, commit 100% to it. If she pulls back immediately, guy nothing for you ever, if she kisses back and then pulls back she is unsure, don't apologize, wait for her cue, because at that moment you have taken yourself out of the friendzone, she will now always think about you while thinking about how she felt when she kissed you, you now have her curiosity, which will definetly either kill the cat or your stupid one-sided friendship or she might just enjoy the kiss so much she continues to kiss you. Either way it helps her decide quickly.

Bros... You be professor for this game ooh grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by aywhy93(m): 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:

I normally don't like dropping comment when the thread is getting to 5 pages + but I'll drop this in case you see it.

Everyone is just talking about HIM being the Best thing that will happen to you, the best guy you'll find, you should grab him, if you lose him you may end up not getting someone like him etc... But it doesn't work like that most of the time though it's left for you to figure out what is best for you in your own case since you know your situations better than us.

To start with, having a relationship with someone is different from being friends with someone. Someone might flaw badly when they get into a relationship with you even though they were good at being friends. Most of the times, when you share a lot about yourself to a guy, the guy knows you in and out and has a direct first-hand info about you which he can use for his benefits which your boyfriend or partner doesn't have (in case you're already comparing and contrast). My exGF was in your shoe sometimes ago, I warned her about the male bestie she was keeping and swore nothing will happen, this and that. She said he was the nicest friend she had this and that and the guy striked when we had misunderstandings. On the long run, they started dating and hitting, I moved on. She thought he was better. Later she came back begging and all that since things have started unfolding between them and her eyes are now clear.

Just Use your head. Don't date him out of pity if you don't love him and don't betray your present partner if he's faithful to you because of the imaginations of what could be with your male friend. Don't do what you'll regret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by karika2018: 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
when will young men learn......ladies are users....never be nice to any lady except you want a relationship.......when i was in school i was never nice to any lady........

Till 30yra i never spent more than N1,000 on any girl.............even when i had more than N400,000 in my account........My longest girlfriend...the day she asked for N60,000 to buy a phone was the day i started planning to end the relationship.......i never gave her the money and i ended the relationship 7 months later...........

ladies and women are emotional manipulators..............

except a girl says yes to date you do not spend your resources or time.............they will leave you and marry someone who has more money than you

4 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by naijainstinct: 1:41am On Aug 11, 2018
1stNumeroUno:
OMG!

This epistle because somebody ask you out?

Just say YES or NO my dear... something more serious is boiling out there - NASS is under siege!
grin

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by M3A16(m): 5:35am On Aug 11, 2018
Hmmmm! Life has always bn funny and mysterious. When has it become wrong, dating or marrying your best friend? Someone who has had it all about your wants, needs and your endowment.
My dear sister, survey around you and you will realize that couples who most times enjoy their unions were best of friends in the past regardless of years of friendship.
You obviously know that you love this guy just that you fear he has known too much which you think can hold you where it delicate tomorrow if you give him a chance, but you are absolutely wrong because no doctor in the whole world can give a patient best of medical care without knowing what the ailment is all about.
if it is left to me, I will advice you give a chance and during this trial of a thing you would see and know more. Note: A guy like that is hard to find these days, four solid years! 95% of guys out there would have taken you and that what you think you are protecting by surprise....

4 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 6:10am On Aug 11, 2018
Odunharry:

Very confused. I'm sure she's very young. Maybe in her early twenties or mayb Teenage sef who knows.

That's how many gals always do. I'm sure she want to have fun and hang around bad boys, then when it's time to settle down, settle for a good guy.
yes she is very young. Check her profile.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 6:17am On Aug 11, 2018
generationz:

She already stated how the guy has been there for her through thick and thin in 4years.

Except he has a sinister plan

Kindness and integrity is important

For a Guy that knows so much about you to still be Head over heels in love says a lot.
she is young and still want to be free. I know girls are age are like that. if she miss this one, she will never find a man close to this guy... they don't come so easily and I know it cos i am almost like the dude.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 6:19am On Aug 11, 2018
ykalhaji:

Madam, you are young so you won't be able to grab on to this once in a lifetime opportunity. Tell him the truth, he is your bestie, so I am sure he knows already but just wanted to see if tgrir is a glimmer of hope somewhere for him but I will ask you to do him a favor because I doubt he will be strong enough to do it himself, let the friendship die a natural death. Make new friends, stop depending on him, hang out with him in the company of other female friends. If he is a strong guy, he will be able to move on and find his own queen but don't get too jealous when that happens or he starts a relationship with one of your friends that sees the opportunity that your emotions will not let you grab on to. If you guys are meant to be, there is always the future.

lol... The last part though.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 6:26am On Aug 11, 2018
Blonchilli:

Bros the guy pocket nor weigh. I could see through her story. She's gushing about the boy's character but can't date him. TF! If that guy has a great car, large money in the bank and lives in a breathtaking apartment she won't need Nairaland advice. That Kanye West and Jamie Foxx song comes to mind
according to her dude has 2 cars. Stop this money bullshiiii. If a girl no love u, e no love u b that. She go just chop ur money and give another guy the pussies without collecting 2naira
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2018
Magicdon:
my dear, d best thing that can happen to you is to date n marry your best friend. From the story you write down, he is your close and best friend. Four years? so what? You have known each other so well. Give him a try I will say to you dear.Your body language says you have a guy you are seeing. my guess though. Say yes to him. You won't regret it. Forget whether hr took four years to open up to you. He is the bomb for you. Don't tell him you taking him as an elder brother. common open your eyes and see he is your dream man. Don't need any soothsayer. Good luck
u are wasting your advice on a girl who is in her early 20s
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by generationz(f): 9:07am On Aug 11, 2018
iwatch:
she is young and still want to be free. I know girls are age are like that. if she miss this one, she will never find a man close to this guy... they don't come so easily and I know it cos i am almost like the dude.

you are almost like the guy?

so has any of your former girlfriends or female friends comeback begging you for a second chance.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2018
generationz:

you are almost like the guy?

so has any of your former girlfriends or female friends comeback begging you for a second chance.

very well... she even offered sex, which I refused. These days her brother told me that any time he tells her we chatted, her countenance changes...

She even went as far as wooing me to have me back...

Though due to my experience after her and subsequent ones, I have resorted to hiding that nice guy a bit.

A girl messed up when I showed her that side called me desperate, too emotional and all whatnot, says I should stop the unnecessary calls and text. I obeyed and stayed on my line... For 3 months now with no calls, text or chat from me..

Out of the blue, she calls and asking why I don't call her anymore and some other things I wasn't really interested in.

I am too busy. The fact that we some times do silly things cos of the love or affection we have for lady, does not me we can't change. If we change, you may never get to see that nice side again, but that also depends on how you nurtured and handled the nice side of a guy.

Now the part where I say I am almost like the dude is, if I really like a girl and mean well for her... I take my time before asking her out and I don't care if she had dated any guy I know of, just like one that happened during my nysc lol...

You see, like some persons were saying dude took too long. What happened to the ones that didn't take long before speaking up? Where are they in her life now? Of course the op is not a virgin and she has had more than 3 body count by now(just saying), and I am sure the guys she had it with didn't waste their time in wooing her... So where are they now?

Like the NYSC chic, I delayed before opening up to her towards the end of our service, well I didn't get accommodation on time and so a guy got in before me. Till this day, I am the one who still check up on her while the other guy has moved on since. Above all, she is a very good and nice lady... Awesome wife material but her problem is she doesn't seems to make good choice when picking a guy to date. She doesn't know how to move out of a relationship that doesn't favour her... And clock is ticking against her already.

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by generationz(f): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
iwatch:

very well... she even offered sex, which I refused. These days her brother told me that any time he tells her we chatted, her countenance changes...

She even went as far as wooing me to have me back...

Though due to my experience after her and subsequent ones, I have resorted to hiding that nice guy a bit.

A girl messed up when I showed her that side called me desperate, too emotional and all whatnot, says I should stop the unnecessary calls and text. I obeyed and stayed on my line... For 3 months now with no calls, text or chat from me..

Out of the blue, she calls and asking why I don't call her anymore and some other things I wasn't really interested in.

I am too busy. The fact that we some times do silly things cos of the love or affection we have for lady, does not me we can't change. If we change, you may never get to see that nice side again, but that also depends on how you nurtured and handled the nice side of a guy.

Now the part where I say I am almost like the dude is, if I really like a girl and mean well for her... I take my time before asking her out and I don't care if she had dated any guy I know of, just like one that happened during my nysc lol...

You see, like some persons were saying dude took too long. What happened to the ones that didn't take long before speaking up? Where are they in her life now? Of course the op is not a virgin and she has had more than 3 body count by now(just saying), and I am sure the guys she had it with didn't waste their time in wooing her... So where are they now?

Like the NYSC chic, I delayed before opening up to her towards the end of our service, well I didn't get accommodation on time and so a guy got in before me. Till this day, I am the one who still check up on her while the other guy has moved on since. Above all, she is a very good and nice lady... Awesome wife material but her problem is she doesn't seems to make good choice when picking a guy to date. She doesn't know how to move out of a relationship that doesn't favour her... And clock is ticking against her already.

hmm no offence but I tend to be quite suspicious of people who tell me with their mouths that they are nice people ( bad experiences)

the truth is we can't be too careful

what works for A doesn't work for B

I had a room mate very sexy lady
she and her boyfriend could stay on calls for up to 14 hours in a day almost everyday (no joke)

it became quite irritating that even the other roommates her friend used to ask ' what is it you people are always talking about sef'
however the guy has such a hold on this lady. She hardly ever goes out he checks her every move and he isn't even around Lagos sef. when she went for a wedding they quarreled on phone because he kept asking.

However at the initial stage maybe you should try to tone the calls down. don't go changing from being frequent to not being . for example when you call let your missed call be only one. nothing more than that. let the calls be rare.
chat more on WhatsApp.

make the chats very short and precise too
this is for when you have started dating her. not before.

That lady you said she came back was is when you started making cash because the desperation na wa

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
generationz:

hmm no offence but I tend to be quite suspicious of people who tell me with their mouths that they are nice people ( bad experiences)

the truth is we can't be too careful

what works for A doesn't work for B

I had a room mate very sexy lady
she and her boyfriend could stay on calls for up to 14 hours in a day almost everyday (no joke)

it became quite irritating that even the other roommates her friend used to ask ' what is it you people are always talking about sef'
however the guy has such a hold on this lady. She hardly ever goes out he checks her every move and he isn't even around Lagos sef. when she went for a wedding they quarreled on phone because he kept asking.

However at the initial stage maybe you should try to tone the calls down. don't go changing from being frequent to not being . for example when you call let your missed call be only one. nothing more than that. let the calls be rare.
chat more on WhatsApp.

make the chats very short and precise too
this is for when you have started dating her. not before.

That lady you said she came back was is when you started making cash because the desperation na wa

Well, the first lady i talked to about to be wooing me was the first and last person I ever spent time calling... subsequent ones hardly got my call, well, you guess right... i turned out to be the opposite of what she had in mind when were dating.

Yeah the second one who called not long ago, we chatted a lot... but that is past now sha... I am best of both worlds. Just let me know which one you want and I will serve it cold and chilling. not every girl gets much of my attention sha... if you get it so much that i spend more than enough time with you, you are lucky but abusing it will never resurrect it thereafter.

I had hidden though... I just thought may be one girl out there will be different and not feel awkward about getting too much attention but I am wrong.... so hence forth, no girl gets it anymore, not even my wife.

The current girl I hung out with after the one that called me recently only get my chat like once a week and calls are like once in 2 weeks....
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by generationz(f): 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
iwatch:
Well, the first lady i talked to about to be wooing me was the first and last person I ever spent time calling... subsequent ones hardly got my call, well, you guess right... i turned out to be the opposite of what she had in mind when were dating.

Yeah the second one who called not long ago, we chatted a lot... but that is past now sha... I am best of both worlds. Just let me know which one you want and I will serve it cold and chilling. not every girl gets much of my attention sha... if you get it so much that i spend more than enough time with you, you are lucky but abusing it will never resurrect it thereafter.

I had hidden though... I just thought may be one girl out there will be different and not feel awkward about getting too much attention but I am wrong.... so hence forth, no girl gets it anymore, not even my wife.

The current girl I hung out with after the one that called me recently only get my chat like once a week and calls are like once in 2 weeks....

did she complain
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by iwatch: 2:21pm On Aug 11, 2018
generationz:

did she complain
who?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lady Cries Out As She Remains Single 10 Years After Cancelling Her Wedding Becau / Girl Gets Unexpected Surprise After Asking Ex-boyfriend For Airtime / Meet Pastor Sebastine Benstowe Who Slapped His Girlfriend Over 4 Eggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.