Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? (50500 Views)

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? / How Do I Turn Him Down And Not Hurt Him? / This Is Enough Reason For Me To Cheat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by vgodwino12(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
lilmax:
small pikin brain

I wonder if everyone was living a fun life,if the world will still stand

girls like this lack sense, that's why they're used as trash

Please don't say this again, we are wired differently.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by vgodwino12(m): 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Almost every one has spoken well, please go for him.

5 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by ThothHermes: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
seekingop:
why did you mention him here
Ubunja scares all of you.

Ubunja is a great man!!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Lalas247(f): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
Does he have a beard ? If not you know wht to do ....
Pls don’t @ me
Sipping Rum kiss

Jokes aside if you find him boring then just decline ... trust me you will tnk me later
Trying to change a man is extremely difficult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
vgodwino12:
Almost every one has spoken well, please go for him.
thanks so much
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lalas247:
Pls don’t @ me
Sipping Rum kiss

Jokes aside if you find him boring then just decline ... trust me you will tnk me later
thank you and he keeps beard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by seekingop: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
Pusyiter:
@OP, just open up.
There is something else that want to make you reject him.
If he is boring then, you make it more boring because your sense of humor if you have any would trigger quality conversation.
that's just the reason
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Godsent12(m): 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2019
believe me,that guy is trying to be careful,he does not want to say or do anything that will hurt you,thats why he is humble while talking to you,he really loves you.I'm that kind of guy.

32 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by kense88: 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

1. He loves you too much.
2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.
Guys like this no get wahala.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.
Lol. Experience

2 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by mozele(m): 12:58am On Mar 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Stay with him, hes just scared of making the wrong move, guys like that gives peace of mind.

if you are still single hala me make I give you small headache.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Xbursta(m): 2:05am On Mar 04, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Stay with him, hes just scared of making the wrong move, guys like that gives peace of mind.

true talk
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Xbursta(m): 2:08am On Mar 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.
grin
AntiBrutus:

Hold that guy o.

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by ubunja(m): 2:11am On Mar 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Hold that guy o.

how quick girls are to say that their love for Bad Boys is a myth. cheesy I just laugh.
Who are they trying to trick in 2019. Like who really would believe that blue lie. Lmfaooooo

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by ubunja(m): 2:12am On Mar 04, 2019
mozele:

if you are still single hala me make I give you small headache.

lol smallnyana headache. cheesy
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Daeylar(f): 5:03am On Mar 04, 2019
CyberWolf:
Same thing Ubunja has been talking about. When you’re nice to ladies, they call you weakling, boring, etc.. Treat them like trash and they run after you.
Same thing from you.
So being nice means being boring and lacking confidence? And having confidence means you must be nasty or be a bad boy. Please. A man can have confidence and still be nice. A man can be boring and still be a devil.
All these ridiculous stereotypes.
badadvice:
Op, that guy you're talking about is a "nice guy" and you should fight to keep him unless of course you're one of those girls who like bad guys in their youth and later pray and fight to settle with a nice in the future.
I'll advice you make him comfortable around you by being yourself around him, and by being yourself, i mean being your real self i.e how you were born.
Dress in front of him.
Touch "him" like you own it.
And if possible, fvck more than enough confidence into him.

When a guy becomes comfortable seeing your unclothedness, or having sex with you, he level of confidence around you will pique and you would end up not living a boring life!
SMH undecided

Lalas247:
Pls don’t @ me
Sipping Rum kiss

Thank you jare.
seekingop
If you feel he is too boring for you, you can decline. You don't have to wait around hoping he gets comfortable enough to start having confidence around you, neither do you have to feel you need to do this or that to get him to have confidence when he is with you.
Man never finish for this world.

If however you want to try out the suggestions given here that's all good also. Since he is has been your friend and he has good qualities
I wish you luck.
There is nothing wrong with the way you feel.

4 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Wizywiz(m): 5:28am On Mar 04, 2019
Thread close

All of u go and prepare for the days hustle....before u join the next level hustle
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 04, 2019
If a guy is boring and you as a girl cannot come up with something to spice up the moment, then you are more boring than him. Where is it written that it is a man's job to always come up with something new to discuss, spice up a conversation with jokes and humours, etc?

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 04, 2019
Daeylar:

Quite unnecessary and you're jumping into conclusions
She is concerned about him lacking confidence how does it relate to she wants a bad guy? Or give any type of credence to that saying? Is it only bad guys who have confidence?
And yes, she is allowed to say she doesn't want him because she thinks he is boring, there is nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean she wants a bad boy,
Don't project on her.

Madam Daeylar, before you go attacking like someone on heat...I called it useless for a reason.

If there is anyone jumping into conclusion, it has to be you. Like how can someone ignore a whole post and focus on just the first paragraph. Seems like you are looking for a way to attack without remorse and reading further wouldn't help that.

How do you do this?

12 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by femi4: 6:00am On Mar 04, 2019
seekingop:
Good evening house, please I need your honest opinion on this issue.

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks
Help him build his confidence. You want to throw away other good qualities. Entertain him or are you boring as well

6 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Pusyiter(m): 6:02am On Mar 04, 2019
seekingop:
that's just the reason
The question now is, what exactly do you really want?
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Daeylar(f): 6:03am On Mar 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Madam Daeylar, before you go attacking like someone on heat...I called it useless for a reason.
Aunty Brutus. You're still projecting.
If you're on heat. Has no business with me.
If there is anyone jumping into conclusion, it has to be you.
How can it be a conclusion when there is a question mark there? Do you know what a question and a conclusion is at all?
Like how can someone ignore a whole post and focus on just the first paragraph
Same way you ignored my whole post and started flying into conclusions.
Seems like you are looking for a way to attack with without remorse and reading further wouldn't help that.
How do you do this?
More flying into conclusions.
All to divert attention from the questions I asked you.
You can answer my questions or you can move along.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 04, 2019
Daeylar:

Aunty Brutus. You're still projecting.
If you're on heat. Has no business with me.

How can it be a conclusion when there is a question mark there? Do you know what is a question and a conclusion is at all?

Same way you ignored my whole post and started flying into conclusions.
More flying into conclusions.
All to divert attention from the questions I asked you.
You can answer my questions or you can move along.

Your question is totally irrelevant and it wouldn't arise if you took some time to read and understand. I do not buy the school of thought that only bad guys have confidence, but knowing it will be the next things guys say...I started my post with it.

Even Ubujah that is more defensive than you, got the message.

Once again, how do you do this?

Next thing na, you will start prancing upandan, taking side comments at people who do not agree with you. The only time you are happy is when things go your way. You are one special giel.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Preshy561(f): 6:15am On Mar 04, 2019
Op, some of us like those boring guys.
I like a guy that's shy oo grin grin

About his confidence, that's what you will have to help him build cos it's paramount.

6 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 04, 2019
seekingop:
Good evening house, please I need your honest opinion on this issue.

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks

You want the confident and cocky ones, be ready for a heart break.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Daeylar(f): 6:24am On Mar 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I do not buy the school of thought that only bad guys have confidence, but knowing it will be the next things guys say...I started my post with it.
This is all that needed to be said.

Your verbal diarrhea is unnecessary.
But I understand. You can't help it.
If you don't turn a simple answer into some type of drama and spectacle with unnecessary lines filled with delusions and projections. You wouldn't be at peace with yourself.

Besides.
This
Next thing na, you will start prancing upandan, taking side comments at people who do not agree with you

from the same girl who runs up and down different threads giving people who have disagreed with her unnecessary snide mentioñs?
I've told you to stop projecting, but it's seems like a second skin to you while hypocrisy seems to be the Cherry on top

Anyways.
Don't let your hypocrisy and stupid projections hit you on the way out from my mentioñs.

You've answered my question. I'm done here.

5 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 04, 2019
Daeylar:

This is all that needed to be said.

Your verbal diarrhea is unnecessary.
But I understand. You can't help it.
If you don't turn turn a simple answer into some type of drama with unnecessary lines filled with delusions and and projections. You wouldn't be at peace with yourself.

Besides.
This

from the same girl who runs up and down different threads giving people who have disagreed with her unnecessary mentioñs?
I've told you to stop projecting, but it's like a second skin to you while hypocrisy seems to be the Cherry on top

Anyways.
Don't let your hypocrisy and stupid projections hit you on the way out from my mentioñs.

K

7 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Ejiod(m): 6:54am On Mar 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Your question is totally irrelevant and it wouldn't arise if you took some time to read and understand. I do not buy the school of thought that only bad guys have confidence, but knowing it will be the next things guys say...I started my post with it.

Even Ubujah that is more defensive than you, got the message.

Once again, how do you do this?

Next thing na, you will start prancing upandan, taking side comments at people who do not agree with you. The only time you are happy is when things go your way. You are one special giel.
nne biko hafu that lady... You bigger than that abeg..
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 04, 2019
Ejiod:

nne biko hafu that lady... You bigger than that abeg..

Lol, e never reach like that.
How you dey?
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Ejiod(m): 8:03am On Mar 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol, e never reach like that.
How you dey?
Very fine..... cool.
Enjoy your weekdays dear..
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Kaycee7(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Format that we've been using since 4500 BC, Poco just came from nowhere and scattered. If no be say I get home training, I for call you winch.
[img]https://media1./images/7151cbd13b094e81e95ea664ee830c00/tenor.gif?itemid=4851012[/img]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by austyn0(m): 9:46am On Mar 04, 2019
Lalas247:
Pls don’t @ me
Sipping Rum kiss

Madame has been going gags over beards since time immemorial. grin

Also, there are reasons why he is boring and boring can be classified into different parts.. "Does he just mope while you do the talking", " if the music player is turned on and you want him to come dance with you and he prefers to support his jaw with his fist and watch", and several other examples that will warrant I start contemplating on concurring your "decline if he is boring" assertion.

The first few commenters made the good points, she should analyze the nig' further. If he is my former self, the kinda guy that is ashamed of going all worldly to the girl to avoid being seen as a player but is lively enough to make her smile most times, she should soldier on with him and get to know more about him, there is every possibility he needs to be comfortable around her.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by kollinzgee(m): 10:24am On Mar 04, 2019
lilmax:
small pikin brain

I wonder if everyone was living a fun life,if the world will still stand

girls like this lack sense, that's why they're used as trash

bro, you are the one who lacks sense here not the op.why do you like you partner?
is it not because she has all the qualities you like in a woman lets say she is beautiful and intelligent or would you settle for an ugly and dumb woman ? same thing with women too they all have qualities what they want in a partner and most times it is confidence and charisma accept this fact or be doomed with women .the op is even considerate sef most women will just reject you straight.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Princess Shyngle: 'How Do Married Ladies Manage Men With Small Cassava' / 10 Things You MUST Know About Dating A Girl In Her Late 20s / Nigeria’s Intimacy Gadget Market Booms Even In Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.