Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? (50499 Views)

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? / How Do I Turn Him Down And Not Hurt Him? / This Is Enough Reason For Me To Cheat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 05, 2019
Davash222:
A round of sex from you will boost his confidence level.

Thank me later .

Though sounds weird but it's the truth.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 05, 2019
edicied:
Ahh this one yaff know our secret grin
no time
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 05, 2019
Godsent12:
believe me,that guy is trying to be careful,he does not want to say or do anything that will hurt you,thats why he is humble while talking to you,he really loves you.I'm that kind of guy.
local fowl
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Benwallt(m): 3:12am On Mar 05, 2019
I smell lies, just tell us that you have no confidence in his pocket
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Oluwakaysblog55: 3:33am On Mar 05, 2019
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by busomma: 3:34am On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

1. He loves you too much.
2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.
Guys like this no get wahala.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.

Best advice so far. It shows u hv a good head on ur shoulders. U're awesome.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 05, 2019
lilmax:
small pikin brain

I wonder if everyone was living a fun life,if the world will still stand

girls like this lack sense, that's why they're used as trash
no mind her, the world is not fun anymore
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Ide4u(m): 4:08am On Mar 05, 2019
Check my signature
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by ideology(m): 4:14am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:
Good evening house, please I need your honest opinion on this issue.

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks

Na confidence you go chop.

Your guy has probably not dated anyone before...

Don't see him as boring, he is crazy inside...

But you are the one to bring out that craziness...

For the meantime, you be the one initiating the gist and other fun activities with time you will see him unleashed himself.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Babs24: 4:22am On Mar 05, 2019
Wow! Nice one from a weedseller wink

WeedSeller:

Is it a general issue of low verbal confidence or its only when he is around you ?
if you've seen him interact with people enough to understand he only loses his verbal confidence around you only then its all because he likes you a lot which probably is the reason why he is extremely self conscious around you when he talks which you'r mistaking for low verbal confidence. I would believe he had it built up in his mind for a year(s)to tell you this. He saw you beyond being a friend. He saw you as a partner. I'm sure he has verbal flow with his other female friends he has no feelings for.

Honestly,I feel this guy wll unleash the whole fun around you when he gets comfortable with you as a partner Or either way you can talk to him why he loses his self/verbal confidence around you.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Ishilove: 4:31am On Mar 05, 2019
ThothHermes:
Ubunja scares all of you.

Ubunja is a great man!!!
Seriously?

3 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks
you know what they say about familiarity, I am sure with little time his confidence level will increase. I guess the point isn't in his confidence but if you actually like him enough to date him

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 05, 2019
The guy will break your heart, fear a slow poison

4 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by bigcil2(m): 4:59am On Mar 05, 2019
WeedSeller:

Is it a general issue of low verbal confidence or its only when he is around you ?
if you've seen him interact with people enough to understand he only loses his verbal confidence around you only then its all because he likes you a lot which probably is the reason why he is extremely self conscious around you when he talks which you'r mistaking for low verbal confidence. I would believe he had it built up in his mind for a year(s)to tell you this. He saw you beyond being a friend. He saw you as a partner. I'm sure he has verbal flow with his other female friends he has no feelings for.

Honestly,I feel this guy wll unleash the whole fun around you when he gets comfortable with you as a partner Or either way you can talk to him why he loses his self/verbal confidence around you.

The same happened with my then Girlfriend now Fiance. I always stutter when I was around her. I could get my speech coordinated. There was this one time we travelled to Lagos, and we didn't speak for more than 5mins, when we got to Lagos she said, Do you know we are boring! She was actually referring to me though, as at this time we weren't dating oo. His confidence will come around just give it time.

7 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by annford: 5:17am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:

Thanks
it is perfectly normal for a guy to "have low self esteem" when he's with or even talking to the lady/woman he's in love with. The guy might even stutter, fidget and sweat profusely when around the woman he's into but give him some weeks after the relationship has begun and you'd be shocked how the Lion in him springs out. The way most ladies get shy and withdrawn around the guy they crush on or even a guy that's asking them out, is also the way some guys get all shy and "boring". if you like him and would want to go into a relationship with him, then waste no time at all for as you guys progress, you'd be amazed how bold and daring he is, naturally. Done properly, relationships can be exciting.

4 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by PLAYBOX22: 5:26am On Mar 05, 2019
WeedSeller:

Summary of all these = Give Him SEXes

2 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by aquame: 5:27am On Mar 05, 2019
Wow since you know his weak point just talk about it when you are alone together.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 05, 2019
Don't date him oh, he is dry and you feel pity for him not love. Trust you wld get tired.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by edego2up(m): 5:59am On Mar 05, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Wetin women want?
Stop .I maen stop pestering him with more money his Bank account is running red anytime you engage him.this is whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by rottennaija(m): 6:06am On Mar 05, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Being nice doesn't equal being stupid pls. Being nice doesn't equal being a sissy. You can b nice and be in control.

Talking to a girl you love while still being in control is an art. Not every guy masters it. Even me, for all my experience, wittiness and class still fumbles in the presence of the girl my heart beats for

4 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 05, 2019
De boy feet be one nairalander wey i know wey de make noise because na ihm type de always fall hand in real life

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by jeph19(m): 6:09am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:
Thanks so much for this, he's very lively when he is with other people

Which means he's not as boring as you think. It only happens when you're around because of the affection he has towards you.

He tends to calculate his every move and choose his words and attitude so as not to hurt you or annoy you.

When he eventually finds the comfort zone between the two of you, he'll bring out his true self.
But better still let him know, I mean we're adult.
... Why you act the way you do... By Tim LaHaye can stll be of help.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by abdulo4real: 6:19am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:
Thanks so much for this, he's very lively when he is with other people
that is a strong indication that he is an introvert.. just like me you need to understand him very well, you can't change him bcuz introverts are very loyal in relationships u need hold him tight grin grin....

4 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by canalily(m): 6:49am On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

1. He loves you too much.
2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.
Guys like this no get wahala.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.
still.water.runs.deep
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Excallibur(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:

Thanks
Introverts are like that , the closer you get to them the more they open up to you... Na you go even tire for talk

3 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by bayocanny: 7:06am On Mar 05, 2019
Chi59:

cheesy cheesy Even shy, quiet guys can't be trusted o.
Not like me
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Bowrex: 7:11am On Mar 05, 2019
Not a good reason for me if he has the qualities nd just because his boring you turn him down you have not done well. You help build his confidence nd teach him how he can't be boring.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by itelima: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2019
If he is a Christian and he is born again, he should feel boring at first. But u will be glad later if u let him in.
Its better to live with a boring man that doesn't womanize than a lively woman hunter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by oshaosha2014(m): 7:24am On Mar 05, 2019
� Na so he pain you on behalf of the guy reach. Reminds me of a girl I went on a date with, just like this OP boyfriend, I was scared to make any wrong move, hoping I wouldn’t offend her. Above all, all wanted was a life partner and I saw it in her. You know what she told me This date wasn’t fun, I don’t think we should see again. It was painful but I have always been a believer in time healing pains. I tried to assure her things would be okay between us with time, but it was all tiring for me to keep doing it. And I hate the fact that I have to be the only one to make the relationship worthwhile, there was no single effort from her, even to show just a slight interest na wahala, and God knows I hate wahala. I just stopped calling and wasting my time with her.

But I have someone else right now in my life, and I can tell you we are having the best of times together. I just realise that most of us guys that really mean well and want to have a future with these girls, are usually taken for granted, because they want “fun”...... fun wey we go still get wey go tire us after we don gain confidence finish!

Some of us just need your patience. All guys can’t be the same. And you ladies can be boring as fk also. Thank you very much.

apelike1:
you are destined to be failure in life undecided

Just look at this women! angry When the Mr Right show up, them tag him as boring or not fun but rather like the one who will bombard them with beatings and treat them like a piece of shiit undecided

Our naija women are Soo stvpid to the extend that they started obtaining sense at the age of 30 and above but it is already too late undecided

You this unfortunate fellow, the road you are about to walk will be full of shiit and misery for you angry

USELESS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by clems88(m): 7:41am On Mar 05, 2019
I was like that then grin but now even she dey fear the kind confident av gotten especially when am with ladies grin .
Just give him a month , his life will never remain the same grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Princess Shyngle: 'How Do Married Ladies Manage Men With Small Cassava' / 10 Things You MUST Know About Dating A Girl In Her Late 20s / Nigeria’s Intimacy Gadget Market Booms Even In Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.