Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? (50538 Views)

Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him? / How Do I Turn Him Down And Not Hurt Him? / This Is Enough Reason For Me To Cheat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Macgabe(m): 7:42am On Mar 05, 2019
WeedSeller:

Is it a general issue of low verbal confidence or its only when he is around you ?
if you've seen him interact with people enough to understand he only loses his verbal confidence around you only then its all because he likes you a lot which probably is the reason why he is extremely self conscious around you when he talks which you'r mistaking for low verbal confidence. I would believe he had it built up in his mind for a year(s)to tell you this. He saw you beyond being a friend. He saw you as a partner. I'm sure he has verbal flow with his other female friends he has no feelings for.

Honestly,I feel this guy wll unleash the whole fun around you when he gets comfortable with you as a partner Or either way you can talk to him why he loses his self/verbal confidence around you.

A very brilliant contribution. Just to add little to this, just say "yes" and see him explode. Most nice guys are literarily scared of getting a "no" from the person they've been friends with when they feel they want to take the friendship to another level. Therefore, you see them behaving as though they can't stand in her presence to discuss emotional issues.

2 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by amiig: 7:45am On Mar 05, 2019
Yes its enough reason, but if he works on it better.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by hablink: 7:52am On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

1. He loves you too much.
2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.
Guys like this no get wahala.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.
Poco, I won't attack you or support your attackers on NL no more cos you just proved your intelligence via this post.
May your days be long.

2 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by g4gerald: 7:55am On Mar 05, 2019
Daeylar:

Same thing from you.
So being nice means being boring and lacking confidence? And having confidence means you must be nasty or be a bad boy. Please. A man can have confidence and still be nice. A man can be boring and still be a devil.
All these ridiculous stereotypes.

SMH undecided

Thank you jare.
seekingop
If you feel he is too boring for you, you can decline. You don't have to wait around hoping he gets comfortable enough to start having confidence around you, neither do you have to feel you need to do this or that to get him to have confidence when he is with you.
Man never finish for this world.

If however you want to try out the suggestions given here that's all good also. Since he is has been your friend and he has good qualities
I wish you luck.
There is nothing wrong with the way you feel.

The guy in question is said to be very active wen he's wit his friends nd other girls, meaning dat d guy is not naturally boring, he's boringness is just specific to d girl. The girl most likely has a dominating aura towards him nd he's being careful not to make a wrong move. Let her follow d advice dat many had commented. I bliv the guy's confidence will increase wen he bcoms 2 familia wit d girl.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by otunbadan(m): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:
Good evening house, please I need your honest opinion on this issue.

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks

You will regret for a long time if u do turn him down

2 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by degab148(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2019
Chai.... Aiye make up artists ko ni daa... This makeup artists will not make Heaven... kilode
FuckBots:
.fear ladies
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by ThothHermes: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2019
Ishilove:

Seriously?
E ma binu cool

It's the Devu grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Chikaa444: 8:26am On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Post like this gives credence to the useless saying that girls love "bad guys". You don't want him because you think he is boring.

I understand that you want a lively partner, but I will suggest you take a look at how he behaves around others. There are many reasons he loses confidence around you

2. You have this dominating aura. Some ladies and guys have it. They have a way of looking at you that makes you swallow saliva.
3. He never saw a relationship with you happening. Maybe because he thinks you are way out of his league. EPL things ehn

Give him time, when he is free enough with you or is done basking in the euphoria of his new found love, he will pickup. You sef go fear.

Hold that guy o.

No be all these ones wey once you enter their house, they will on gen, close door, put on loud music and start asking if you are comfortable sitting on the chair, abi you will come sit on the bed.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[left][/left]
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by chinnyonwu(m): 8:26am On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Hold that guy o.

Abeg this is not the time for laughter �. Its too early pls
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Badilstical(m): 8:29am On Mar 05, 2019
Lalas247:
Does he have a beard ? If not you know wht to do ....
Pls don’t @ me
Sipping Rum kiss

Jokes aside if you find him boring then just decline ... trust me you will tnk me later
Trying to change a man is extremely difficult
But not when it comes to the issue of making him comfortable around the said babe to speak out. You see I'm a guy in that age range most atimes it might be her looking too unaffordable, I mean kinda girl that will milk him down and man in that age range is trying to establish himself financial and one goldier come milk him up.op, it's hard to find guy like that, most guy have resulted to packaging and fake confidence just get in there and there after you will be the one giving him and adding food, money ontop, while he galivan somewhere with other chicks, is that what you want.let drop here else I can actually write a book on this ya post cos some ladies have fish brain the want the wrong thing instead of the right thing

3 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by AllenSpencer: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2019
Use him for money rituals
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Badilstical(m): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2019
Preshy561:
Op, some of us like those boring guys.
I like a guy that's shy oo grin grin

About his confidence, that's what you will have to help him build cos it's paramount.
I beg take hi5. See too much confidence in men is synonymous to waiting too many women that's why most confident guys are to flashy.meanwhile the shy guy are bottom-top kind of guy, I bet you life is not easy oooh, that your Mr confident ⛽, can't cover the journey of your love, is time ladies differentiate themselves girls and women.girls look for Mr confident while women look for a builder

2 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by whitebeard(m): 8:53am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:
Thanks a lot, this means so much to me. He is very active and social with both male and female, but once it's about me he becomes very quiet, it's annoying at times. That's why I decided to hear from people in order to avoid making a mistake. Thanks once again
chill oh....before we jump into conclusions and watever...op i wanna ask u a question..

"DO U LOVE HIM..?!"
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Zidane199(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2019
he will make a good man cos that kind of people don't usually hurt their woman. those wife beaters and womanisers get confidence die. that's ma opinion.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Odunharry(m): 9:18am On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Hold that guy o.

The last sentence is funny though.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by lastempero: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Stay with him, hes just scared of making the wrong move, guys like that gives peace of mind.

You mean people like us tongue
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by SamuelEzeigbo(m): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2019
FuckBots:
.fear ladies
Yes oh. I saw something written at the back of a molue bus, it reads: 'Fear Woman and Run For Your Life'

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by arrestdarrester: 9:56am On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Hold that guy o.

Even you Brutus? No mind me Ooo. You yarn sense full ground

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by SamuelEzeigbo(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2019
Iyajison:
Accept him.... Let him know his weak point later....

If he is nice to u.... Hold am strong cuz d way girls the hunt for guys dis days... I fear

Hmmm This one Loud oh. Anyway, there is indispensible and despicable sense of humour contained Here. I appreciate that Fact
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by arrestdarrester: 10:00am On Mar 05, 2019
AllenSpencer:
Use him for money rituals

Chai! See comment. Na you be the native doctor?

People like you make me come to Nairaland whenever I feel bored
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Tabitha03(f): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2019
Abeg stay with him dat kind person no get wahala or u wan stay with guys wey dey too forward.

3 Likes

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by mechanics(m): 10:11am On Mar 05, 2019
You can assist him on that, it's not a problem.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by macello4(m): 10:15am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:
no sex yet, thanks
what do u want? Sex is a confidence buster ok, give him beter sex.

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Rozaytee: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2019
seekingop:
Good evening house, please I need your honest opinion on this issue.

There's this guy who has been my friend for a long time. He asked me out recently. He has very good qualities.

The issue is, he lacks confidence whenever he's talking to me thereby making him boring.
I'm thinking of turning down his request because I can't imagine myself living a boring life or are there ways I can help him improve on that?

Thanks
send his digits to my mail if u dont want him... Lemme treat him like a real man... Since u dont want him

1 Like

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by DrTims(m): 11:02am On Mar 05, 2019
I like the way you think
AntiBrutus:

Hold that guy o.

Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by DrTims(m): 11:04am On Mar 05, 2019
You don't mean it wink
Rozaytee:
send his digits to my mail if u dont want him... Lemme treat him like a real man... Since u dont want him
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by yinkeys(m): 11:04am On Mar 05, 2019
Please turn him down.

Rubbish undecided
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by SaucyBenks(m): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2019
Honestly I'm pushed to insult the op
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Egalitarian1: 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Hold that guy o.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

The last paragraph got me rolling on the floor in laughter
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by oyetpel(m): 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by oyetpel(m): 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
You need to take charge of that relationship. He might be an introvert.
But check yourself, if you are also an introvert then move on.

Watch this movie if you can: Then Came You.
Re: He Lacks Confidence: Is This Enough Reason To Turn Him Down? by Obanatural: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
Think it through...

Suffering from erectile dysfunction? Visit https://myhealthisking..com/2019/02/make-her-want-to-have-you-every-minute.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How Virginity Testing Is Done In Some Parts Of Africa (pictures) / Princess Shyngle: 'How Do Married Ladies Manage Men With Small Cassava' / Nigeria’s Intimacy Gadget Market Booms Even In Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.