Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (35773 Views)

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Life goes on
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by onadana: 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
You ain't doing any man a favor by accepting his proposal. It's the other way round.

Stone age...mentality.

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Champneys: 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Does the relationship ends after a rejected proposal?

No, the relationship blossoms after that!
Dolt!
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by James4bright(m): 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Erediauwa:
Just an observation dummy, and I believe Chi59 understands me.

Don't take everything too serious Mr reasonable.

Okay Mr Clod. Now off you go dum-dum. I felt you were dissing.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by onadana: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Easybela:
undecided if it fails you move on,I don't know why a guy will propose publicly to someone he hasn't discussed marriage with before, each time you tell your girl"I love you",she replies with"thank you",then one day,you wake up and decides to disgrace your village people. Even she claims to love you,discuss marriage with her severally before coming out public
People date for different reasons,not just women alone,men inclusive,not everyone you are dating wants to marry you.

I very much agree with you.All actions and discussions leads to one direction.Marriage.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by James4bright(m): 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:
He asked about my dp
Great.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Bwaal(m): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
humilitypays:
It is mostly guys who have nothing much to offer who have been forcing themselves on a lady to accept them that go to public to propose to a lady in the hope that the public attention will persuade the lady into accepting their stupid proposal!

Tell me how many well to do men that proposed to their wife

Ordinary Nigerian music artistes who are mostly small boys with few wards of cash they showoff have line up of pretty ladies begging to be their babymamas, and some foolish boys calling themselves guys will be disgracing themselves in the name of proposing to a lady for marriage, it is well sha undecided

Op please can you show me the video of Mark Zuckerberg proposing to his wife Priscilla Chan. or Donald Trump's own.....weak men have taken over Nigeria sadly.....now begging liabilities to come into their lives, its a pity cry cry

Alaye take chill pills Biko
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by dalass(f): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

Yes....

And everyone must move on!

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by kingkon(m): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
YOU COULD STILL BE FRIENDS, A NO SIMPLY MEANS IM NOT READY FOR YOU NOW. SOME PEOPLE WILL JUST BUMP INTO YOU AND BOOM! THEY PROPOSE PUBLICLY. SAY NO! UNLESS YOU ARE CONVINCED AND PREPARED. SOME GUYS NEEDS TO BE KEPT ON CALL WAITING undecided
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by paddy4jungle: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
It simply means both of you are not on the same page, you probably ignored some glaring signs that the relationship wasn't working out and besides you also didn't communicate enough to know each other's long and short term goals with respect to the relationship.
Rejecting the proposal doesn't necessarily mean its over it only means you need to be on the same page ......imho oh...�����

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by dalass(f): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Bwaal:

Alaye take chill pills Biko

He's right though... grin
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by restore8(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

It's OK Jason. Here's the hand.
My don't take it the wrong way...bis This your real hand?
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Collins4u1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:
Why people still take the risk of proposing publicly beats me. Do you even know if that person loves you well enough or is even psychologically ready to marry you at that point in time?
Any man that attempts this with me is asking for trouble. I don't like drama.

Just accept the proposal and there won't be any drama
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by YINKS89(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
You move on to the next person and forget your past
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by SweetCunt97(f): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:
For monetary gain na. fear women
Like ya wife?

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Pacesetter123(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
jericco1:
I'm yet to propose undecided
grin grin grin,wots keeping u?
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Stacyomolola(f): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
dammieight:

Happy birthday smiley
Thank u
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
James4bright:

Okay Mr Clod. Now off you go dum-dum. I felt you were dissing.
Now you're the unreasonable dummy who couldn't comprehend before jumping to my mention.

You felt i was dissing.... Next time, you learn how to read and comprehend my comments before you "felt"

Big F00l.

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by seankafor(m): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

It's OK Jason. Here's the hand.
na this hand u dey use finger ur toto shocked
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by braine(m): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59 and Gideoniteprime4 you guys should get a room already. This tension is too much. grin
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by jericco1(m): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Pacesetter123:
grin grin grin,wots keeping u?

Desperate ladies everywhere undecided
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
For people who do public proposal just to go with the new trend that's the end.
For someone who's serious about marriage, talk about it with your woman why she rejected the proposal and if you can reconcile your differences.
I know a friend who's proposal was rejected because he was still staying his father's house. His father was highly placed and was very rich but the lady rejected because he wasn't ready to work hard and be responsible.
We his friends spoke with him and he changed. He got a job and moved to his own house. Even though much smaller, but it was his. He proposed again and she had a change of mind and now they're getting married soon

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by larryking540: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
annyz:

I pity men kneeling down to do the proposal.

If you are not sure why not do it privately instead of the public disgrace.

I did mine in a flight then even the flight attendants never knew.

But I don't understand,how u go date girl for roughly 1 year or more and u proposed and she reject ,na waoooo
It seems u have been wasting ur precious time , resources and value

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by larryking540: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Someone7:
For people who do public proposal just to go with the new trend

Na em day rain ,and 9ja girls always like Watin day rain

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by pek(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
It is only fools that will propose to a girl. It is only a wise girl that will say NO to that stupidity.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Zither(m): 3:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
Erediauwa:
What else is there to continue?

It's just like befriending a goat hoping it will not eat your Yam and embarrass you someday..... It will still eat your Yam and give you a big embarrassment.

hahaha. sense wee not kee you grin

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Stacyomolola(f): 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Humanoid01:

Then what's the point dating anyone in the first place?
Maybe to just have that "in a relationship" status for the main time
2.To make u focus and stick to one partner, even if he's giving u attitude u just overlook cuz it's for the main time
3. Getting to know what relationship entails and
4. companionship for the main time(to avoid brostitude)
My opinion tho
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Ikjosh04: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stacyomolola:

Not all relationships end in marriage

Happy Birthday Dear, can we be friends?
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by golddare: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:
Why people still take the risk of proposing publicly beats me. Do you even know if that person loves you well enough or is even psychologically ready to marry you at that point in time?

If you love him and he is your dream man, you will scram YES.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by here: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ningen:
No, it doesn't end there. You keep trying again and again until you are crippled by the effects of kneeling down. Then you start prostrating. undecided

You are heartless lol
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by jaksmillioniar: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:
Are you a fan of having your pictures uploaded on social medialike Facebook, Nairaland etc? Showing the world that you are about to get married? Posting here and there! You guys laughing, smiling and playing like you two are in Disneyland! An image of two people who are madly inlove?How do you deal with such an issue if you are the type who doesn't like spotlight but getting married to a person who is the opposite? It's a good thing to take pictures for the home albums, yes I would really love that, but having to show everyoneon the planet!!! people i don't even know exist!What is the essence of uploading the pictures online in the first place? I believe ladies are the instigators of these acts. Guys don't have time for such drama, well maybe a few guys. And the reasons are not too farfetche: To be the envy of everyone who views the pictures? To get likes and comments? To be the talk of the town? To read the AWWW!! and OHHHH!!!After that period of let's say 3 or 4 days of continuous bombardment of comments from people (even those you don't know), what next?I have come to realize that most of what we do when it's having to do with wedding preparation has alot to do about what people wouldsay or think rather than what you really want for your event. Some are even turning into a competition? with who exactly? probably someone you know who invited you to their own wedding? Or maybe you have a targeted person/audience who you want to show off to.Painting an expression that all is well is basically the reason for uploading pictures of you and your partner in happy and celebrating mood. The social media is just like a mirror. You willsee a fine reflection but you cannot see what is going on within it. The social media is now a tool to tell the world "my marriage is perfect", "I found my perfect partner" even when it is not the case.Social media lives among couples most times are the opposite of what is really going on in their home, in most case but not all.I rather we use the social media topropagate messages and news. I rather we use the social media to educate ourselves on the right and wrongs in the society. I ratherwe use the social media to fight corruption. I rather we use the social media to tell the world the truth about our country. I rather we use the social media to promote love and unity.I am not a fan of telling the world Iam getting married by uploading beautiful pictures on social media. I really don't see how it concerns you, who are reading this post. My families and friends are those who should even have info about the event.Don't get me wrong, but I am a fan of the social media, most especially Facebook. I can mention benefits I derive from Facebook:1. Meeting old and long forgotten friends again.2. Getting old school songs and videos from groups and meeting fans who are even crazier than me.3. Friend's birthday remembrance.In brief, posting of your pre-wedding photos online shouldnot be for strangers. What is theirbusiness about your marriage to start with? unless you are a celebrity, in which case you won't even be the one to post them online. But if you are not a celebrity, send them to friends and families who would make comments that would come with genuine affection and congratulations.

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by golddare: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
GreatResearcher:

Anything can happen, nothing is impossible, love is powerful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Have U Ever Dated Your Coursemates,pls Share Your Experience / My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage / Couple Rock Their Secondary School Uniform For Their Pre-wedding Photos