Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? (69618 Views)

How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2020
I've seen this b4...
It wont end well

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
Of a truth,I tell you your fiance is not done with the ex....Their story na Aluta Continua

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by DrTims(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
We have oo just that majority of guys are not financially stable enough to marry. There is massive poverty in Nigeria and guys are really bearing the brunt smiley
Zzor:
you will not run now,later it will be my husband is an unrepentant womanizer sleeping with people's wives.Husbands are not scarce,it is the sensible and responsible ones that are scarce

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Mac2016(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
It's not about them having intimate/erotica relationship, it's about his respect for his wife to be. OP, its a red flag.. God help you make the best decision

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by sophy17(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sessanvandy:
Good evening Nairalanders, please i need your sincere opinion on this issue bothering me.

I have been dating this guy for 9 months and our relationship has been going well except for this issue.

My boyfriend or should i say fiancé ( he has introduced me to his family as the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with and my family is in support of the relationship) has been in contact with his ex-girlfriend who is married with a son.

My man spends 1-2hrs on phone with his ex girlfriend in my presence and when i confronted him, he told me to bear in mind that he can never stop talking to her because she didn't offend him and if she needs any monetary support, he won't hesitate to help.

They have no intimate relationship maybe cus of distance, He agreed not to call her but promised to take her calls when she does and she calls frequently.

Her husband also warned him to stay away from his wife but he wouldn't listen.

He is a nice guy with a good heart and we are planning introduction by December

I told him that if he can't stop communicating with his ex girlfriend the relationship is over but he still insist on maintaining contact with her...

Pls am i overreacting, How do i handle this??....mature advice needed!

sorry for the long post.

I think you should immediately create a fake relationship that will do exactly (with you) what he has been doing with his married ex. But be careful to use a male family member he does not really know because he may claim the guy is actually dating you and you may not be able to prove it.

If he complains, ask him why, when he sees nothing wrong with what he's been doing with his ex. If doesn't, then he is actually not seriuos with you anymore and has actually even been doing that to get rid of you.

Even if he truly has nothing fishy with the ex, he is not right doing that and it is only a matter of time, they will.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by henrymorebaba(m): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2020
Don't stress yourself, you guys should get married when you finally marry him look for a guy too that is handsome and start communicating with him and of he confront you you can also tell him too that he is your friend or ex with that he will stop what ever he has with that lady.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by DisGuy: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2020
Call her husband and warn him to keep his wife away...double wahala for her!!
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by lifeissues2020(m): 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sessanvandy:
Good evening Nairalanders, please i need your sincere opinion on this issue bothering me.

I have been dating this guy for 9 months and our relationship has been going well except for this issue.

My boyfriend or should i say fiancé ( he has introduced me to his family as the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with and my family is in support of the relationship) has been in contact with his ex-girlfriend who is married with a son.

My man spends 1-2hrs on phone with his ex girlfriend in my presence and when i confronted him, he told me to bear in mind that he can never stop talking to her because she didn't offend him and if she needs any monetary support, he won't hesitate to help.

They have no intimate relationship maybe cus of distance, He agreed not to call her but promised to take her calls when she does and she calls frequently.

I told him that if he can't stop communicating with his ex girlfriend the relationship is over but he still insist on maintaining contact with her...

sorry for the long post.

Move on, lady...move on! This so-called fiance of yours has something sinister up his sleeves. Don't be surprised if he and this ex-girlfriend get into bed before or after your wedding. No serious man or woman (Christian or otherwise) who has committed to marry a lady should be fanning up flames of past romance with an ex-girlfriend or boyfriend.

My bible tells me in Proverbs 6:27-29 that... "Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned? So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent."
In addition, a local adage says that "a soup or food that you are not going to eat, you should not smell it." From the above, any man acting or behaving like your fiance has many questions to answer.

When I was in relationship and courtship with my wife back then, all communications with the ladies I previously proposed to, and those who I was friends with in church, were stifled and I focused on my communications with my wife (then fiancee) and my wife did same too. I don't know what is happening with my fellow men (and women) these days where they cannot break off emotional ties and become emotionally mature. Emotional maturity is critical for the success of any marriage. Financial maturity and age is just part of it, but not all of it.

You may also feel free to watch a YouTube video below titled..."The Problems of Sex With An "Ex" Before Marriage" which I made sometime recently. I spoke a lot on the particular issue you are experiencing in that video. Feel free to Share the video, watch other videos I have done on similar marital issues on my Channel and also Subscribe to my channel.

I pray for God's guidance in helping you make a wise decision!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjk3mGTKhfw
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
D fvckin
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by lifeissues2020(m): 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
swiz123:
He might have lost his girlfriend, but he didn't lose his friend.

Talking to her in your presence means that he has nothing to hide. so my dear, do away with insecurities.

I disagree sir...There are still emotional ties between him and the ex girlfriend which is like a ticking time bomb that will explode one way or the other someday!

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Negotiate: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sessanvandy:

sorry for the long post.

He never give you ring and you dey call am fiance?

Olodo x 99
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by donMIG(m): 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
He regrets living her... Person wei go cheat go cheat... Give a nigga some breathing space!
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by lifeissues2020(m): 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
LadyTianna:

Simple solution: Start calling guys in his presence. Tell them to feel free to call you too. Talk for long periods of time with them. Make sure you smile, laugh and joke while on these calls. Your man's brain will reset smiley
If he complains, tell him they're just your friends and you didn't quarrel with them

Wow!! What a spectacular case of TIT FOR TAT!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by lifeissues2020(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
wittyt98:
why make another woman fall in love, if u still got feelings for your ex? some men are just confused in this life

Very true...some of our fellow folk are just like children in a candy or toy store>

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by lifeissues2020(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
deltateam:

Will you say the same if your woman is in constant call with her ex?

Good question....waiting for a logical and sincere answer!

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Chydo63(m): 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
If he's disrespecting you At this stage, when he should be at his best behaviour to impress you and completely win you over, i assure you he'll do worst when if you marry him!
Which kind of 'see finish' is this?
I suggest you quit the relationship to avoid stories that touch! [color=#000099][/color]

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
I keep saying it that a lot of young men ARE NOT emotionally mature to handle the intricacies of a relationship, owing to the general upbringing men get where they're taught to be physically tough but not emotionally strong.
Aunty you are wasting your time with this man.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Bahamas95(m): 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.......Aunty dust your slippers and pick race now, there's fire on the mountain.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by BENEAMATA: 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:
You are not over reacting dear, bear it in mind that a man or woman cannot constantly talk to their married ex for hours without intimate talks and desire to see, and you and I know exactly what will happen when they set eyes on each other, pls end whatever it is you have with him and move on, knowing his family doesn't mean a thing.

If he cannot deny his ex who he said didn't offend him , he will not betray OP's love be rest assured .he is a good guy , and OP also attest to that .Don't dump him just cos of jealousy or suspicion . Good men are hard to come by . Speaking of which , i'm off to the FP story above this one about husband and wife and a soakaway full of condoms grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by lifeissues2020(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
Michelle55:
I gave up on relationship matters long time ago. Just do what works for you. You will be alright las las

Don't give up, Sister. Despite the negative way people might have behaved, there are still some good guys and good girls out there. I experienced that during my days of seeking for marriage partners and I still see similar things happening despite the negative news we hear everyday about relationships.
Just trust God to make all things good!
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Dalby(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sessanvandy:

sorry for the long post.

I thought you girls argue that there is nothing wrong with a girl having a male bestie

Why should the reverse be a problem?

He communicates with her in your presence, so? If there was something more than the ordinary he won't...

I do not support his actions, just thinking out loud!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by duduade: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:
You are not over reacting dear, bear it in mind that a man or woman cannot constantly talk to their married ex for hours without intimate talks and desire to see, and you and I know exactly what will happen when they set eyes on each other, pls end whatever it is you have with him and move on, knowing his family doesn't mean a thing.

In this time of man scarcity

She will now break up with a good man
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by omoadeleye(m): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sessanvandy:

sorry for the long post.

na wa for you oo

ordinary small chat, you are now contemplating and threatening for a quit..
please if you want to quit just quit...
you will have to be patient till your fiance and his ex find a way to stop giving each other attraction... maybe when they both learn in a hard way, they will both have brain together.

or you guys can make Nollywood movies come to reality. by marry your bf ex-gf and your bf you get back with his ex..

so everything will be settled.
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by onome2013: 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
Just advise him and remove your mind. When the disgrace comes ,he will carry the problem by himself . I know is not easy ,but no smooth road on the journey of life
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Happy2020: 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sis you want to marry so desperately that you will put up with this? Next she will come to visit and he may not even tell you. If he doesn’t stop disrespecting you like this, leave. Period.
Have some self respect.
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sessanvandy:

sorry for the long post.

You're not overreacting, you'll only be the second wife eventually. As long as polygamy is not forbidden in your family. Some men are and ladies need psychiatrist and psychologist combined to help them.
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by combination123: 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
LadyTianna:

Simple solution: Start calling guys in his presence. Tell them to feel free to call you too. Talk for long periods of time with them. Make sure you smile, laugh and joke while on these calls. Your man's brain will reset smiley
If he complains, tell him they're just your friends and you didn't quarrel with them
Simple
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Akumoney(m): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2020
Talking to once's EX isn't much of a problem, BUT!!!! doing it frequently rises eyebrows. Be firm and take a stand now, that you both ain't married yet. wish you both best of luck. undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by lilmonarch(m): 10:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
Chii59:
I keep saying it that a lot of young men ARE NOT emotionally mature to handle the intricacies of a relationship, owing to the general upbringing men get where they're taught to be physically tough but not emotionally strong.
Aunty you are wasting your time with this man.
are you excusing his partner in crime that's married? Oh.. I forgot she is also a "man".
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by na2016: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2020
OP: If your would be husband, doesnt stop that communication immediately, stop any further marriage plans else you will not have peace in that house.
I can also tell you that after bedding that married woman, he will keep on doing it till the day he is either caught by the woman's husband or something terrible happen.
This a major RED FLAG!!. Dont walk into it with your coro coro eyes ooo
Re: My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? by Butoneday2(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Attraction And Troubles Of Dating An Older Woman / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Man Dating 23-year-old Woman Who Looks Like An 8-year-old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.