Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? (48825 Views)

An Average Nigerian Guy Has This Mentality / Why Do Most Nigerian Girls Have This Mentality? / what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Mrscarter(f): 3:27am On Oct 04, 2020
0KNM:
you are confused

No am perfectly clear.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 3:52am On Oct 04, 2020
Mrscarter:

No am perfectly clear.
yea, like meth

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by TheCork(m): 3:58am On Oct 04, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

I dont care about her, i only care about her question and i provided an answer and moved on, her life story is none of my business

Nice one bro... Zzor is a known internationall theif theif (I.T .T).
thank u sir!! smiley
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 04, 2020
[quote author=Mrscarter post=94585127]

I think if you're only dating then the guy shouldn't have to buy every little thing for her. If he buys her something it should be because he wants to give her a gift or make her feel special. But ion think the guy should be responsible for everything especially if they only been dating a short amount of time. If I was a guy that would turn me off. But once Ur married a man should support his wife but she shouldn't expect more than he can afford(I know girls who do this n put alot of stress on the guy) if they been dating a long time it's fair I think that the guy spends on U to some extent if he wants you to have things n U can't afford them yourself.
But never should us girls act like we are entitled to his money, we don't work for it we didn't earn it. Especially if he's a decent guy n faithful n all. If your man us broke but he's a good guy in every other way then inspire n motivate him to work hard n find a way to make money. Build him up n give him faith in himself n stand by him the same as U would if he were rich. Giving him the confidence he needs n motivation n you can be surprised what he could accomplish. And he will love you the more for it and be faithful n loyal to you n guys always remember that kinda thing. Good guys do. He will work harder to build a better life for you aswell as himself.
Dating guys for petty things like money for hair and iPhones and all that stuff that's just taking what you didn't earn. I prefer to have my own money n have no reliance on a man n that way our relationship doesn't have anything to do with money n we can enjoy the things that relationships are meant to be about.
But that's just wat I think.
As for cheating that's a deal breaker for me. ion see the point in being in a relationship if U want other ppl than Ur partner. Ur in a relationship for love n if U love someone how can U even think of someone else. Ion understand that.[/quot]

You're right
See the problem of most girls is that their are very lazy especially this op .
When you want iPhone and other expensive kits why don't you work for it ? Why drain a guy's pocket because of your own need ?
See I don't blame those yahoo boys using them O
A youruba adage says what the eye is looking for it will definitely see it
Leave op alone make she continue with her entitlement mindset she go soon meet with people wey go use her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Vulcanheph(m): 5:28am On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor /op no one is saying that a woman should not like money (who doesn't like money) but the problem is that the average Nigerian girl has an "Entitlement mentality" that makes her feel that when once a guy asks her out she officially becomes his financial responsibility.....this is one major reason why most Nigerian men who travel outside the country hardly ever come back to marry women here because let's face it , in this 21st century most men won't want to marry a woman that's a liability.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:10am On Oct 04, 2020
Mrscarter:

Cheating isn't a mistake it is first a choice then becomes a mistake.
Anymore cheating after the first time is just a choice not mistakes at all. Afterall who repeatedly n deliberately keeps making the same mistake yeah?
Mistake there covers abuse, cheat, failed responsibility, detachment, selfishness, non obvious offenses etc
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 04, 2020
Mrscarter:

I think if you're only dating then the guy shouldn't have to buy every little thing for her. If he buys her something it should be because he wants to give her a gift or make her feel special. But ion think the guy should be responsible for everything especially if they only been dating a short amount of time. If I was a guy that would turn me off. But once Ur married a man should support his wife but she shouldn't expect more than he can afford(I know girls who do this n put alot of stress on the guy) if they been dating a long time it's fair I think that the guy spends on U to some extent if he wants you to have things n U can't afford them yourself.
But never should us girls act like we are entitled to his money, we don't work for it we didn't earn it. Especially if he's a decent guy n faithful n all. If your man us broke but he's a good guy in every other way then inspire n motivate him to work hard n find a way to make money. Build him up n give him faith in himself n stand by him the same as U would if he were rich. Giving him the confidence he needs n motivation n you can be surprised what he could accomplish. And he will love you the more for it and be faithful n loyal to you n guys always remember that kinda thing. Good guys do. He will work harder to build a better life for you aswell as himself.
Dating guys for petty things like money for hair and iPhones and all that stuff that's just taking what you didn't earn. I prefer to have my own money n have no reliance on a man n that way our relationship doesn't have anything to do with money n we can enjoy the things that relationships are meant to be about.
As for cheating that's a deal breaker for me. ion see the point in being in a relationship if U want other ppl than Ur partner. Ur in a relationship for love n if U love someone how can U even think of someone else. Ion understand that.
you are so right.Thanks
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 04, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

I dont care about her, i only care about her question and i provided an answer and moved on, her life story is none of my business
i believe you should have known him and all he does here by now,hes a drug addict
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 04, 2020
0KNM:
so much for a preacher of pastor Chris’s gospel. Not surprised anyways
Dont say what you don't understand,i know what I'm doing.
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 04, 2020
WrittyWritter:
undecided

Not all oo..No offense oo but y di I have a feeling you posted this because of the 'why do most Nigerian women have this mentality' thread that someone posted today because I remember reading ur comment on dat one ..Lol undecided

Not all oo..No offense oo but y do I have a feeling that you posted this because of the 'why do most Nigerian women have this mentality' thread that someone posted today because I remember reading ur comment on dat one ..Lol��
You guys should really all this 'men are wicked no women are the wicked ones and just accept the fact that it is about the person not gender�
lol
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 04, 2020
bobokeshington:

A WOMAN WHO CANNOT STAND BY HER MAN WHEN HE HAS NOTHING WOULD DEFINITELY BE SHOWN THE EXIT DOOR WHEN HE HAS EVERYTHING
you just confirmed all I'm trying to point out in my post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by jimmychang: 6:26am On Oct 04, 2020
grin grin....it is the Nigerian mentality aunty.And tell your gender to stop waiting for a knight in shining armour to come and rescue them .I still remember my sister saying if I can just marry a rich man now (I told her my mind and said why can't you be rich on your own ?) .The sickening entitlement mentality your gender has. The money I suffer to make is for my children not for my wife .You guys should be sufficient in your own way.
Since all you guys know is to follow the highest bidder why won't we appreciate the woman who stood by us when we had nothing grin grin.
If I finally get married she won't be my source of joy because I am happy with my life .Any fucking manipulation by her I don comot ....We no first need women to survive grin grin.

Even the pastor will say I see you marrying a rich man cheesy grin grin... nonsense
Bleep the Cinderella stories we read when we were little .I am never going to be someone's prince or Knight in shining armour because I have money....Bleep that shit.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by ikennamadu1(m): 6:32am On Oct 04, 2020
you be parasite for this forum... get that into your skull
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
ikennamadu1:
you be parasite for this forum... get that into your skull
Watch what your hands type about me,dont be unfortunate
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by jimmychang: 6:42am On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
Watch what your hands type about me,dont be unfortunate

Nothing gonna happen babe
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Silentgroper(m): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2020
0KNM:
so much for a preacher of pastor Chris’s gospel. Not surprised anyways
Lol. Keeps me shocked. Oyakhilome isnt doin enough preaching to his shepherds cuz dz one is going astray.
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by ObaKlaz: 6:46am On Oct 04, 2020
I think the mods need to actually get busy. The number of trashy topics from both male and female Nairalanders outnumber the useful ones.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Silentgroper(m): 7:00am On Oct 04, 2020
Its clear zzor needs a man in her life as she's really aching 4 one. Drop ur guard down baby nd i'm here 4 u
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by PoliticallyInco: 7:12am On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
Most Nigerian men have this mentality that a good woman should not like money,she should be ready to suffer with them(they will maltreat her after the money comes),she should also not see anything wrong with cheating as long as they are providing for the family.Why must a woman undergo all these before she can be tagged a good woman?Is she your mother?

It is a lack of fundamental understanding of human psychology and the hypocritical denial of what is right and wrong because of economic and societal gender inequality. BOTH SEXES ARE GUILTY OF THIS.

From our ancestors in many species of hominids, and even early homo sapiens we originated from, the women were mainly minders of the offspring while the men went out to hunt. They take the risks and hunt, bring the kill home and then everyone eats. The women chose men based on how they could provide and cater for the family about to be raised. The women considered that pregnancy and child rearing was a risky affair hence the need for a strong and physically well to do male who could protect and provide during vulnerable times. He will kill game and bring it home to the woman. So instinctively, women choose men who are providers. Hence they want to be taken care of it is as simple as that. It is basic instinct.

However, this is 2020. The men must understand that based on instinct most women still think this way. They want to be taken care of. But brute strength is not what the women now seek or look out for in 2020. IT IS FINANCIAL STRENGTH THAT COUNTS NOW. With money almost everything is possible. So the women want a man that has money and will desire a man that has money. Most times it is when the money is there first that they now realize other things are missing. E.g. the man is not good in bed, the man is not caring, he is abusive etc.

Women too must also understand that this is 2020 and that the Sabre Tooth Tiger isn't around anymore. Hence they can and should go out and make ends meet. They need to be self sustaining and self sufficient. It is mental strength that counts now and not brute physical strength. THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY CAN MAKE THIER OWN MONEY AND LIVE FINANCIALLY FREE. They go to school, get an education, think critically to set up a business by offering a service, or work in one and make their own money.

With respect to cheating, this a controversial topic. It is an individual thing. Some species are monogamous while many are polygamous. Humans are known to be polygamous mainly because they males derive pleasure from multiple sex partners. The males see the females as another game to chase and hunt. The more successful their hunting expedition is, the more it boosts their ego and creates satisfaction in form of high dopamine release. When another man chases their woman and gets her, it bruises the males ego that another male, a competitor, could win over their game and defeat them in their own territory and on their own tuft. This mainly has led to the promotion of the notion that Men can cheat but a woman should not. A cheating woman bruises the ego of the man so much that he looses self esteem. Meanwhile he enjoys cheating and the hunt for women. IT IS JUST HYPOCRITICAL DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Finally the traditional society,religion (created by man and promoted to keep men as leaders in the society), and other factors have made it in such a way that a woman must have a man and be married to be seen as complete. This was generally fostered by men who ruled most of these societies/communities. They made themselves the Grand Prize worth fighting and dying for, and the women too allowed this to go on for so long. "If you are not married as a woman at a certain age and stage in your life, you aren't complete" mentality. Marriage becomes a thing desired, covetted and prayed and fasted for by women. It becomes something they are shamed and afraid to leave regardless of how abusive the man is. The men have gotten it into their brains that they are even doing the women favours by removing the shame of being unmmaried from them. The society has pressed it into the brain of a woman that their role is to please and serve the man regardless of what he does wrong. Secondly the society has been discriminatory against women in many ways when it comes to employment, economic opportunities etc.

Unfortunately women will continue to be in this "prison" and "slavery" unless:

1. They start being financially independent
2. They remove that "I must marry" mentality
3. They stop seeing sex as a favour to a man
4. They chase their own goals and dreams and decide their future.
5. They stop seeing men as a prize they have won. Afterall they will mostly be doing the cleaning, child rearing, cooking, etc.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by fattprince(m): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
Most Nigerian men have this mentality that a good woman should not like money,she should be ready to suffer with them(they will maltreat her after the money comes),she should also not see anything wrong with cheating as long as they are providing for the family.Why must a woman undergo all these before she can be tagged a good woman?Is she your mother?
Because she is a woman and we, are the men. Its that simple. That's how God created nature.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Froshloaded: 7:34am On Oct 04, 2020
I like the headline "Why do most", this means not all Nigerian guys have the same mentality.
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Dharniel600(m): 8:00am On Oct 04, 2020
Nigerian men are the best in taking care of women. Go and do your research.
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2020
PoliticallyInco:

It is a lack of fundamental understanding of human psychology and the hypocritical denial of what is right and wrong because of economic and societal gender inequality. BOTH SEXES ARE GUILTY OF THIS.

From our ancestors in many species of hominids, and even early homo sapiens we originated from, the women were mainly minders of the offspring while the men went out to hunt. They take the risks and hunt, bring the kill home and then everyone eats. The women chose men based on how they could provide and cater for the family about to be raised. The women considered that pregnancy and child rearing was a risky affair hence the need for a strong and physically well to do male who could protect and provide during vulnerable times. He will kill game and bring it home to the woman. So instinctively, women choose men who are providers. Hence they want to be taken care of it is as simple as that. It is basic instinct.

However, this is 2020. The men must understand that based on instinct most women still think this way. They want to be taken care of. But brute strength is not what the women now seek or look out for in 2020. IT IS FINANCIAL STRENGTH THAT COUNTS NOW. With money almost everything is possible. So the women want a man that has money and will desire a man that has money. Most times it is when the money is there first that they now realize other things are missing. E.g. the man is not good in bed, the man is not caring, he is abusive etc.

Women too must also understand that this is 2020 and that the Sabre Tooth Tiger isn't around anymore. Hence they can and should go out and make ends meet. They need to be self sustaining and self sufficient. It is mental strength that counts now and not brute physical strength. THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY CAN MAKE THIER OWN MONEY AND LIVE FINANCIALLY FREE. They go to school, get an education, think critically to set up a business by offering a service, or work in one and make their own money.

With respect to cheating, this a controversial topic. It is an individual thing. Some species are monogamous while many are polygamous. Humans are known to be polygamous mainly because they males derive pleasure from multiple sex partners. The males see the females as another game to chase and hunt. The more successful their hunting expedition is, the more it boosts their ego and creates satisfaction in form of high dopamine release. When another man chases their woman and gets her, it bruises the males ego that another male, a competitor, could win over their game and defeat them in their own territory and on their own tuft. This mainly has led to the promotion of the notion that Men can cheat but a woman should not. A cheating woman bruises the ego of the man so much that he looses self esteem. Meanwhile he enjoys cheating and the hunt for women. IT IS JUST HYPOCRITICAL DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Finally the traditional society,religion (created by man and promoted to keep men as leaders in the society), and other factors have made it in such a way that a woman must have a man and be married to be seen as complete. This was generally fostered by men who ruled most of these societies/communities. They made themselves the Grand Prize worth fighting and dying for, and the women too allowed this to go on for so long. "If you are not married as a woman at a certain age and stage in your life, you aren't complete" mentality. Marriage becomes a thing desired, covetted and prayed and fasted for by women. It becomes something they are shamed and afraid to leave regardless of how abusive the man is. The men have gotten it into their brains that they are even doing the women favours by removing the shame of being unmmaried from them. The society has pressed it into the brain of a woman that their role is to please and serve the man regardless of what he does wrong. Secondly the society has been discriminatory against women in many ways when it comes to employment, economic opportunities etc.

Unfortunately women will continue to be in this "prison" and "slavery" unless:

1. They start being financially independent
2. They remove that "I must marry" mentality
3. They stop seeing sex as a favour to a man
4. They chase their own goals and dreams and decide their future.
5. They stop seeing men as a prize they have won. Afterall they will mostly be doing the cleaning, child rearing, cooking, etc.

i strongly admire your intelligence,nice one
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by DaInferno(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2020
Mrscarter:

Cheating isn't a mistake it is first a choice then becomes a mistake.
Anymore cheating after the first time is just a choice not mistakes at all. Afterall who repeatedly n deliberately keeps making the same mistake yeah?
be like when the first sin you commit is a mistake, then the other ones you commit are the real sins cheesy

I get
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2020
Froshloaded:
I like the headline "Why do most", this means not all Nigerian guys have the same mentality.
We still have few good men around,though countable sha

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 04, 2020
Dharniel600:
Nigerian men are the best in taking care of women. Go and do your research.
That was back then in the 60's down to 80's but reverse is the case now
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Froshloaded: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
We still have few good men around,though countable sha

Yes..
I'm a living example..

Happy Sunday dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 04, 2020
Froshloaded:

Yes..
I'm a living example..

Happy Sunday dear.
good to know happy Sunday too,enjoy your day and stay out of trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Liposure: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2020
FYI there are men that truly love their wives. This men value her abilities and talents and respectfully consider her views, especially on matters that may affect the family. This type of men never cheat

3 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2020
I'm very sure this person is not a woman undecided Or she is not Nigerian.
Mrscarter:

As for cheating that's a deal breaker for me. ion see the point in being in a relationship if U want other ppl than Ur partner. Ur in a relationship for love n if U love someone how can U even think of someone else. Ion understand that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Dharniel600(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
That was back then in the 60's down to 80's but reverse is the case now
Nigerian men/guys are very responsible compare to lots of country. Go to south Africa and other countries, the women acts like the men over there. That's why south Africa men are envious of our men over. It has to do with our women behavioral attitudes over here that's why you think so.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2020
Your points aren't valid

No responsible man will maltreat or disrespect his or her wife,,,,,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Beautiful Love Messages To Motivate Your Husband At Work / A Nairalander Wedding In Pics / 6 Kinds Of Guys No Girl Wants To Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.