Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? (48824 Views)

An Average Nigerian Guy Has This Mentality / Why Do Most Nigerian Girls Have This Mentality? / what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by donMIG(m): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
I don't know if ur fada is a boy oo... He must b tinkin this way too

I am yet to meet a set of men who tink this way
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abouwaza:
Kolewerk
Creating stupid threads won't help you bitchhes

The real question is why do most girls feel they are entitled to their partner's wealth when they can't even do anything to help the man in question

No one is asking you to suffer but if you can't sow, you will never reap that's fact

Add this op, most Nigerian men have ZERO respect for women.

Except their Mother who fall from heaven

3 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
Nooel1:

Nonsense and ingredients. Wasn't expecting anything better, nonsense as usual.
I know I described you well in the post.A woman must not suffer with you before you respect her,change that mentality
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
TheCork:

bro. Zzor is a known gold digger. She always asking people for moiney on nairaland & she starting begging coz she found out I bought a new range (true story) angry

Most people who have come to ask me for money are MEN

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Sarang:

Are you okay??
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Rexnegro(m): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
This is what a typical Nigerian man wants from his woman before he can be tagged good and virtuous,but I term this as mordern day slavery in disguise
don't just attack people's comments, u too also state ur idea good woman characteristics to her man in an african way. don't tell me oyinbo ways of doing things o. I am listening
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Sarang:

Exactly,you can see the bitterness oozing out already
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Firstly, I am not in support of women not liking or having money, infact women should make good money. The issue is girls should stop having this entitlement attitude, it sucks. I especially hate when someone with an entitlement attitude starts demanding stuffs from me like I am your father undecided Babygirl are you a PUTA? undecided

Women are the main reason why men go outside and cheat. No man wants to deal with a frustrated woman especially after a long day at work. Why go home to meet a troublesome and frustrating woman when I can just go and meet my side chick who is ready to give me peace of mind.

Mind you, I am not supporting cheating, cheating is bad But please lets understand each other before committing into a relationship.

Incase you don't know na me talk

A woman is the reason for your stupid behaviour
You would have just shut up instead of trying to sound smart and ending up sounding like an idiot
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Lightangel65: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
Most Nigerian men have this mentality that a good woman should not like money, she should be ready to suffer with them (they will maltreat her after the money comes), she should also not see anything wrong with cheating as long as they are providing for the family.

Why must a woman undergo all these before she can be tagged a good woman? Is she your mother?

This is one good post. If men were in the shoes of women, they would all follow where the money is we are all human,
As for the cheating aspect, cheating is bad for both parties and cheating should be solved by divorce, except the woman dosent want to leave with the perks ahe is getting
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2020
Rexnegro:

don't just attack people's comments, u too also state ur idea good woman characteristics to her man in an african way. don't tell me oyinbo ways of doing things o. I am listening

She don’t have to prove sh*t to you
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
victorian:

That's why we have so many divorce cases flying everywhere.
Women are not ready to sit still and keep suffering emotionally and financially.

Eyes don open.

Later men will troop online saying they are scared of marriage, as if they are saints.

If one cant stay faithful and responsible to one's partner, then Such person has no business talking about marriage.

As a woman don't allow your husband walk all over you. Cos there is high tendency he will keep on doing it over and over again.
exactly
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by rammyty: 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
PoliticallyInco:

It is a lack of fundamental understanding of human psychology and the hypocritical denial of what is right and wrong because of economic and societal gender inequality. BOTH SEXES ARE GUILTY OF THIS.

From our ancestors in many species of hominids, and even early homo sapiens we originated from, the women were mainly minders of the offspring while the men went out to hunt. They take the risks and hunt, bring the kill home and then everyone eats. The women chose men based on how they could provide and cater for the family about to be raised. The women considered that pregnancy and child rearing was a risky affair hence the need for a strong and physically well to do male who could protect and provide during vulnerable times. He will kill game and bring it home to the woman. So instinctively, women choose men who are providers. Hence they want to be taken care of it is as simple as that. It is basic instinct.

However, this is 2020. The men must understand that based on instinct most women still think this way. They want to be taken care of. But brute strength is not what the women now seek or look out for in 2020. IT IS FINANCIAL STRENGTH THAT COUNTS NOW. With money almost everything is possible. So the women want a man that has money and will desire a man that has money. Most times it is when the money is there first that they now realize other things are missing. E.g. the man is not good in bed, the man is not caring, he is abusive etc.

Women too must also understand that this is 2020 and that the Sabre Tooth Tiger isn't around anymore. Hence they can and should go out and make ends meet. They need to be self sustaining and self sufficient. It is mental strength that counts now and not brute physical strength. THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY CAN MAKE THIER OWN MONEY AND LIVE FINANCIALLY FREE. They go to school, get an education, think critically to set up a business by offering a service, or work in one and make their own money.

With respect to cheating, this a controversial topic. It is an individual thing. Some species are monogamous while many are polygamous. Humans are known to be polygamous mainly because they males derive pleasure from multiple sex partners. The males see the females as another game to chase and hunt. The more successful their hunting expedition is, the more it boosts their ego and creates satisfaction in form of high dopamine release. When another man chases their woman and gets her, it bruises the males ego that another male, a competitor, could win over their game and defeat them in their own territory and on their own tuft. This mainly has led to the promotion of the notion that Men can cheat but a woman should not. A cheating woman bruises the ego of the man so much that he looses self esteem. Meanwhile he enjoys cheating and the hunt for women. IT IS JUST HYPOCRITICAL DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Finally the traditional society,religion (created by man and promoted to keep men as leaders in the society), and other factors have made it in such a way that a woman must have a man and be married to be seen as complete. This was generally fostered by men who ruled most of these societies/communities. They made themselves the Grand Prize worth fighting and dying for, and the women too allowed this to go on for so long. "If you are not married as a woman at a certain age and stage in your life, you aren't complete" mentality. Marriage becomes a thing desired, covetted and prayed and fasted for by women. It becomes something they are shamed and afraid to leave regardless of how abusive the man is. The men have gotten it into their brains that they are even doing the women favours by removing the shame of being unmmaried from them. The society has pressed it into the brain of a woman that their role is to please and serve the man regardless of what he does wrong. Secondly the society has been discriminatory against women in many ways when it comes to employment, economic opportunities etc.

Unfortunately women will continue to be in this "prison" and "slavery" unless:

1. They start being financially independent
2. They remove that "I must marry" mentality
3. They stop seeing sex as a favour to a man
4. They chase their own goals and dreams and decide their future.
5. They stop seeing men as a prize they have won. Afterall they will mostly be doing the cleaning, child rearing, cooking, etc.

The only sensible reply so far. Not the defensive reply by nairaland small boys.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by joewy02: 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
You are the type of woman every man will pray to have in their lives... Can I get ur contact plz .......
Mrscarter:

I think if you're only dating then the guy shouldn't have to buy every little thing for her. If he buys her something it should be because he wants to give her a gift or make her feel special. But ion think the guy should be responsible for everything especially if they only been dating a short amount of time. If I was a guy that would turn me off. But once Ur married a man should support his wife but she shouldn't expect more than he can afford(I know girls who do this n put alot of stress on the guy) if they been dating a long time it's fair I think that the guy spends on U to some extent if he wants you to have things n U can't afford them yourself.
But never should us girls act like we are entitled to his money, we don't work for it we didn't earn it. Especially if he's a decent guy n faithful n all. If your man us broke but he's a good guy in every other way then inspire n motivate him to work hard n find a way to make money. Build him up n give him faith in himself n stand by him the same as U would if he were rich. Giving him the confidence he needs n motivation n you can be surprised what he could accomplish. And he will love you the more for it and be faithful n loyal to you n guys always remember that kinda thing. Good guys do. He will work harder to build a better life for you aswell as himself.
Dating guys for petty things like money for hair and iPhones and all that stuff that's just taking what you didn't earn. I prefer to have my own money n have no reliance on a man n that way our relationship doesn't have anything to do with money n we can enjoy the things that relationships are meant to be about.
But that's just wat I think.
As for cheating that's a deal breaker for me. ion see the point in being in a relationship if U want other ppl than Ur partner. Ur in a relationship for love n if U love someone how can U even think of someone else. Ion understand that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
Exactly,you can see the bitterness oozing out already

Nairaland is filled with crappy men.
Nah you get time dey post

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nooel1: 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
I know I described you well in the post.A woman must not suffer with you before you respect her,change that mentality

See them Gold diggers! They want to reap where they didn't sow.

Ehen....if I may ask, how was your birthday? How many Simps and mugu men were you able to confuse to sponsor your birthday for you?

If I may ask again, how old are you? Hope what you celebrated was your real age and not football age?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
victorian:

That's why we have so many divorce cases flying everywhere.
Women are not ready to sit still and keep suffering emotionally and financially.

Eyes don open.

Later men will troop online saying they are scared of marriage, as if they are saints.

If one cant stay faithful and responsible to one's partner, then Such person has no business talking about marriage.

As a woman don't allow your husband walk all over you. Cos there is high tendency he will keep on doing it over and over again.

Our ancestors did it. It’s time for a change.
This is 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abouwaza:
Kolewerk
Creating stupid threads won't help you bitchhes

The real question is why do most girls feel they are entitled to their partner's wealth when they can't even do anything to help the man in question

No one is asking you to suffer but if you can't sow, you will never reap that's fact

my nighurrrrr... u have said it all. most epic relpy I've seen for long. u are representing us wella... I'll sent u two bad bishes
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
Nooel1:

See them Gold diggers! They want to reap where they didn't sow.

Ehen....if I may ask, how was your birthday? How many Simps and mugu men were you able to confuse to sponsor your birthday for you?

If I may ask again, how old are you? Hope what you celebrated was your real age and not football age?

Rude bast**d!!
Worst part is people like you are as broke as f**k!
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
I don't really grasp what the op is trying to say as she muddled up the whole question. But if I get her right, I think she's reffering to what the men ( here on nairaland) usually say about women having entitlement mentality. Which has become a national anthem for nairaland men. But if it's about telling women not to like money, I don't think any one has the right to tell you that especially if you're the one working for it. So op, I don't know which you are addressing. Whether the " feeling entitled" or "liking" money. Again if it has to do with feeling entitled, well... It is because of the kind of men we have these days. They lack that sense of responsibility that our fathers had during their time. plus western culture has so much influenced them that they now want to compare themselves to the westerners on shared responsibilities hence making them edgy when you ask them to do stuff that ordinarily shouldn't count for you and you hear them making such statements.

In the area of telling you not to complain when having extra marital affairs, ( because they are providing for the family) I don't think any sane man will say that. But if there are such people, then it's your fault for getting yoked with such a person in the first place. That is why you should look well before you leap.

Lastly, no body will tell you to suffer with them. The choice is all yours to make. So, that shouldn't be a bone of contention. If you like suffer with a man, mhm... If you like, refuse, ohor! It's all your choice. He can't drag you into marriage against your wish.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
Sarang:

Nairaland is filled with crappy men. Nah you get time dey post
You are right

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
Sarang:

Nairaland is filled with crappy men. Nah you get time dey post
You are right

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Silentgroper(m): 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
blingxx:

Will you toast her? cheesy
Nah. She should. Since i'll be d one taking care of her like a toddler as she craves nd she'd also make a list of 50 benefits that comes with dating/wifing her. Zzor are up to it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nooel1: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
Sarang:

Rude bast**d!!

He pain am die.......birds of a feather. Parasites looking for hosts to suck off.

If you call me broke then your father should be known as Broke Lesnar (King of Brokes).

Go and look for a job instead of searching for millionaires and billionaires on NAIRALAND to fund your insatiable lust. Mumu.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Swinger60(f): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
bobokeshington:

A WOMAN WHO CANNOT STAND BY HER MAN WHEN HE HAS NOTHING WOULD DEFINITELY BE SHOWN THE EXIT DOOR WHEN HE HAS EVERYTHING
Lol. The way you Guys see life sha. Like a straight road with no potholes.

What if he didn't make it for the rest of his life nko?

As harsh as it sounds, not everyone will be rich in this life.

A lady should be with a man because she wants to. If he makes it in life. , fine. Even if he didn't still make it in life..., still fine.

A man's focus should be for a lady who will be with him for the rest of his life. Who will always see the good in him and forgive all his flaws.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sarang(f): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
Nooel1:

He pain am die.......birds of a feather. Parasites looking for hosts to suck off.

If you call me broke then your father should be known as Broke Lesnar (King of Brokes).

Go and look for a job instead of searching for millionaires and billionaires on NAIRALAND to fund your insatiable lust. Mumu.

I have a job, do you?
I travel overseas, do you?
Mumu..!
You think everyone is as jobless as your broke ass!

1 Like

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by enemyofprogress: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
Another useless thread
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nazgul: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
Zzor:
This is what a typical Nigerian man wants from his woman before he can be tagged good and virtuous,but I term this as mordern day slavery in disguise
My dear it's the mentality our parents filled out brains with.

Truth is we're in the 21st century where women have risen to become presidents, governors, senators, billionaires...etc. African men need to kill that archaic mentality, and embrace civilization.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Sixfeetbelle: 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
jimmychang:
grin grin....it is the Nigerian mentality aunty.And tell your gender to stop waiting for a knight in shining armour to come and rescue them .I still remember my sister saying if I can just marry a rich man now (I told her my mind and said why can't you be rich on your own ?) .The sickening entitlement mentality your gender has. The money I suffer to make is for my children not for my wife .You guys should be sufficient in your own way.
Since all you guys know is to follow the highest bidder why won't we appreciate the woman who stood by us when we had nothing grin grin.

Her point is that some of you don't appreciate the woman that stood by you while you were struggling Why is that?
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
That is how poor men think grin

Many men have lot of unrealistic idealism of how a woman is suppose to treat them forgetting that the person they rely on for emotional support is also human.

Same with women

And it is all thanks to gender roles enforced on people by their cultures.

And romance novels and Indian TV series which have made people (especially, women) expect too much from their spouses.

A woman was caught cheating, and the only thing she could say was "he was not always there for me. A man is supposed to be there 24/7"

That is quite unrealistic. If a man is with you 24/7, how is he going to make money? And if he doesn't make money, it is this same woman who would accuse him of being lazy.

So, it swings both ways.

And I think women have more unrealistic expectations from men than men from women.

Like someone once said, "all a man needs is respect".

But women, their expectations of their men can be so long that you may have to tell them to get clay and mold the man themselves.
Re: Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? by Nooel1: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
Sarang:

Rude bast**d!!

Sections Most Active In: Romance, Travel, Properties.

Awon Gold digger. No wonder, always searching for wealthy Simps on NAIRALAND that will fund her Mumu lifestyle, Lifestyle that your parents couldn't give you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Beautiful Love Messages To Motivate Your Husband At Work / A Nairalander Wedding In Pics / 6 Kinds Of Guys No Girl Wants To Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.