Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away (19586 Views)

Lepacious Slim Girl With Huge Breasts That Got The Internet Buzzing / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / The Expensive Benz Car Birthday Gift That's Got Twitter Buzzing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by bechex(m): 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
Lovely stories , smiley
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
holydante:

Hmmm,
So Ink underscore Ner? After  Y☺u created this link,  ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ urge to further check out this "ol flame" manifested again and from all indications  Y☺u are making subtle steady progress, and if  Y☺u find him moro then that leaves "us" with further wincing as loosers abi??

Again I suggest this thread changes to "those that got them back"

I would have just jejely stayed on my sports section thread sef,

I was thinking about him before I started the thread. Even though I've searched for him on Facebook many times, I keep searching just in case I may find him. I never had the idea to call his former high school until it dawned on me that they may still have records of him graduating from there. No, I don't think any of you are losers. I hope this thread encourages others to go seek out old flames because I've been searching for mine for over 3 years now cry. Will all honesty, I may not ever find him but I can at least say I tried.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by picato: 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
I met her on a plane. She was beautiful. We talked. We met again in the hotel I stayed but I let her get away.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by vanitty: 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
Lovely stories
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
Arcani:

Hehehe, I wont!! kiss

arcani im male

stop throwing kisses at me

and back off my women!! angry angry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Arcani: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
190:

arcani im male

stop throwing kisses at me

and back off my women!! angry angry

And whu says I m nt FEMALE!
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
Arcani:

And whu says I m nt FEMALE!

Hmm, undecided

then why are u on my case, do u like me

im married i kant give u what u seek!!

[s]except u get permission from inkerd and chibaby and mzdark[/s]
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Arcani: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2011
lol, I amnt Interested! tongue
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by tjskii(f): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
welll mine was this perfect yoruba dude, he made me so happy,he seemed to know exactly what i was thinkin, we completed each other's sentences,we'd talk

for hours on the phone(literallyy o),he placed me on a pedestal and worshipped me(and i so adored him for that)he made me feel like he was the luckiest man

alive to have me and he wasnt too proud to say it,anyways he wanted us to get married i was bout to go for my youth service then and i wanted

to see wat life had to offer, ssoooooooo, i broke it offf and moved on, he's married now with a kid. There was a time i used to fantasize bout how my life

woulda turned out if only id married him,cos ive kissed a lot of frogs that didn't turn in to princes, but im thankful bout the way things turned out cos now, i

probably wudnt have met my knight in shining armour,my honeybunny,sugarplummy icecreammmy sweettiee(he he he cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy), that one is gist for another

day wink wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
**sighs** yeah rite undecided
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by tjskii(f): 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^^^na u know tongue tongue
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by holydante(m): 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I was thinking about him before I started the thread. Even though I've searched for him on Facebook many times, I keep searching just in case I may find him. I never had the idea to call his former high school until it dawned on me that they may still have records of him graduating from there. No, I don't think any of you are losers. I hope this thread encourages others to go seek out old flames because I've been searching for mine for over 3 years now cry. Will all honesty, I may not ever find him but I can at least say I tried.

I have made such attempts @ locating the so called way back soul mates in ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ past and recent past and like I said before, which one do I post and which ones do I leave out;I came up with depressing frustrating answers; some are light years in marriage, overweight, burden of children rearing, declining love from husbands and one suddenly is sickly all the time (funny enuff she never had headache when we were together) have taken its toll on most of them, etc, one wanted to eagerly hook up again after 6 yrs gap but sure my faith won't allow that and ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ sparks just won't ignite. Only 1 seems to be having a ball in her married life.

My pain is that another experience happend some 2 yrs back @ my present age, the older the heart gets, the longer it takes to heal

I was also doing my present day life and opportunities a whole lot of bad by refusing to let go of such fantasies and whole-heartedly live out my life.

I would rather not seek out again and move forward.

Soccer gives me forclosure though, loll

Go Ink Nerd
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Ranoscky(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
*yawns*
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by tjskii(f): 10:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^* sticks a smelly sock in his mouth* cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^ kisses her for 3 straight hours
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by desholah(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
OP,
Still with my first love.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
holydante:

I have made such attempts  @ locating the so called way back soul mates in  ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ past and recent past and like I said before, which one do I post and which ones do I leave out;I came up with depressing frustrating answers; some are light years in marriage, overweight, burden of children rearing, declining love from husbands and one suddenly is sickly all the time  (funny enuff she never had headache when we were together) have taken its toll on most of them, etc, one wanted to eagerly hook up again after 6 yrs gap but sure my faith won't allow that and  ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ sparks just won't ignite. Only 1 seems to be having a ball in her married life.

My pain is that another experience happend some 2 yrs back  @ my present age, the older the heart gets, the longer it takes to heal

I was also doing my present day life and opportunities a whole lot of bad by refusing to let go of such fantasies and whole-heartedly live out my life.

I would rather not seek out again and move forward.

Soccer gives me forclosure though, loll

Go Ink Nerd

I understand. At times I feel a bit silly for still thinking about him. On my way to school today, I ran into a woman I used to know when I was in elementary school. It was so random. I haven't seen the woman is over 15 years yet I just randomly met her today at the bus stop. Its moments like that that give me hope.

desholah:

OP,
Still with my first love.

Eh ya, I'm happy to hear that cheesy
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Goldieluks: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
He left,i cried,for now,no regrets,i think of him sometimes,
actually i ended the relationship,i have moved on,and i feel good about myself.
he was only good @s3x,nothing else.
now i try to recall,but its all void.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by desholah(m): 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
Ink
Nothing sweeter than that   . . . you know . . , I'm loving the destiny  cheesy

D-sense wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
desholah:

Ink
Nothing sweeter than that . . . you know . . , I'm loving the destiney cheesy

D-sense wink

wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by pheesayor(m): 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2011
We met and fell in love with each other in secondary school, couldn't ask her out cos I was shy, also she was born again so I was scared of being turned down. years went by and I never told her, she went to the univeristy graduated and got married immediately. Lately I wrote a note about her and what I felt for her on facebook. She hit  me up on yahoo messenger and confessed how she was also in  love with me but I didn't open up and she could not do it cos she's a girl. She said she wished she wasn't married. I cried that night but realised life had to go on.

She was my first real love, we both planned to be engineers and I imagined a future with her, she eventually studied Business Admin and I  computer science, teenage fantasies that never came through
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by mekaboy(m): 1:45am On Mar 17, 2011
[b]
SHE WAS FROM A RICH AND ROYAL BRITISH FAMILY, I MET HER IN A SHIP WITH HER FAMILY, THEY WERE HAVING A PARTY. WE WERE DESTINED FOR EUROPE, I MANAGED TO GET INTO THE SHIP AFTER I GAMBLED AND WON SOME MONEY.

WE FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, WE CHARTED , BUT HER FAMILY WAS AGAINST US BECAUSE OF CLASS AND SHE HAD A FIANCE FROM A RICH FAMILY WHO THE FAMILY HAD PREPARED FOR HER, BUT SHE LOVED ME AND I LOVED HER TOO.

I DID A LOT OF PAINTING , AND I PAINTED HER NAKED IN THE SHIP. SHE KNEW HOW TO SWIM AND I DID NOT. THERE WAS CONSTANT PARTY IN THE SHIP.

ONE DAY AS CELEBRATIONS WAS ON, THEY NOTICED UNDER THE SHIP THAT IT HIT SOMETHING AND THE MACHINES STOPPED WORKING, AND WATER WAS COMING IN. IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THE SHIP WOULD SINK.

THE ALARM WENT OFF, EVERYONE WAS SCARED, THERE WERE JUST A FEW SPEED BOATS THAT COULD CARRY ONLY THE EXTREMELY RICH, AND BECAUSE I WAS FROM A POOR BACKGROUND, THEY HAD TO LEAVE US TO OUR FAITH.

BECAUSE OF THE LOVE WE HAD, DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS GIRL REFUSED T JOIN HER FAMILY AND CHOSE TO BE WITH ME ? THE SHIP BEGAN TO SINK I COULD NOT SWIM, WE HAD NO OPTION BUT TO WAIT FOR THE RESCUE BOAT COMING.

FINALLY THE SHIP SANK, THIS GIRL HAD TO SWIM AND CARRY ME, WE GOT ONE TUBE FROM THE SHIP WHICH WAS SMALL AND I COULD ONLY HOLD ON TO IT WHILE SHE WAS HOLDING ME UP FROM UNDER THE WATER.

FINALLY AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR, I SAW THE LIGHT OF THE RESCUE BOAT COMING, I WAS SO EXCITED, I REACHED OUT FOR HER HAND TO TELL HER WE MADE IT, HE HANDS WERE FROZEN, HOLDING ME UP IN THE SEA.
EACH TIME I TELL THIS STORY I CRY cry cry cry cry cry cry .

I GOT RESCUED, BUT SHE DID NOT MAKE IT ALIVE , SHE IS THE ONLY WOMAN I EVER LOVED, IT WAS SHORT BUT THE SWEET MEMORIES LAST FOREVER.

I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE NAME OF THE SHIP, BUT I KNOW IT WAS CALLED "TIT****" SOMETHING.

SHE IS GONE BUT STILL LIVES IN MY HEART shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

[/b]
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Liss: 2:04am On Mar 17, 2011
mekaboy:

[b]
SHE WAS FROM A RICH AND ROYAL BRITISH FAMILY, I MET HER IN A SHIP WITH HER FAMILY, THEY WERE HAVING A PARTY. WE WERE DESTINED FOR EUROPE, I MANAGED TO GET INTO THE SHIP AFTER I GAMBLED AND WON SOME MONEY.

WE FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, WE CHARTED , BUT HER FAMILY WAS AGAINST US BECAUSE OF CLASS AND SHE HAD A FIANCE FROM A RICH FAMILY WHO THE FAMILY HAD PREPARED FOR HER, BUT SHE LOVED ME AND I LOVED HER TOO.

I DID A LOT OF PAINTING , AND I PAINTED HER unclothed IN THE SHIP. SHE KNEW HOW TO SWIM AND I DID NOT. THERE WAS CONSTANT PARTY IN THE SHIP.

ONE DAY AS CELEBRATIONS WAS ON, THEY NOTICED UNDER THE SHIP THAT IT HIT SOMETHING AND THE MACHINES STOPPED WORKING, AND WATER WAS COMING IN. IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THE SHIP WOULD SINK.

THE ALARM WENT OFF, EVERYONE WAS SCARED, THERE WERE JUST A FEW SPEED BOATS THAT COULD CARRY ONLY THE EXTREMELY RICH, AND BECAUSE I WAS FROM A POOR BACKGROUND, THEY HAD TO LEAVE US TO OUR FAITH.

BECAUSE OF THE LOVE WE HAD, DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS GIRL REFUSED T JOIN HER FAMILY AND CHOSE TO BE WITH ME ? THE SHIP BEGAN TO SINK I COULD NOT SWIM, WE HAD NO OPTION BUT TO WAIT FOR THE RESCUE BOAT COMING.

FINALLY THE SHIP SANK, THIS GIRL HAD TO SWIM AND CARRY ME, WE GOT ONE TUBE FROM THE SHIP WHICH WAS SMALL AND I COULD ONLY HOLD ON TO IT WHILE SHE WAS HOLDING ME UP FROM UNDER THE WATER.

FINALLY AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR, I SAW THE LIGHT OF THE RESCUE BOAT COMING, I WAS SO EXCITED, I REACHED OUT FOR HER HAND TO TELL HER WE MADE IT, HE HANDS WERE FROZEN, HOLDING ME UP IN THE SEA.
EACH TIME I TELL THIS STORY I CRY cry cry cry cry cry cry .

I GOT RESCUED, BUT SHE DID NOT MAKE IT ALIVE , SHE IS THE ONLY WOMAN I EVER LOVED, IT WAS SHORT BUT THE SWEET MEMORIES LAST FOREVER.

I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE NAME OF THE SHIP, BUT I KNOW IT WAS CALLED "bosom****" SOMETHING.

SHE IS GONE BUT STILL LIVES IN MY HEART shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

[/b]
grin grin grin Lol, so silly!!! Bet the ship was called Titanic, right? cheesy
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by busygirl(f): 2:10am On Mar 17, 2011
There was a particular guy I was crazy about in my SS2.  I  loved him so much. For him, I looked forward to school, to lunch breaks and weekends often seemed very long in my eyes. We had been friends since JSS1 but all of a sudden, we grew very close in SS2. We exchanged numbers and talked for long hours late every night. We both knew we had feelings for each other, even though it was very obvious in my eyes. People teased me about being his girlfriend and matched our names together. He is igbo and I, a Yoruba girl. I dreamt each night about getting married to him and becoming a semi-igbo woman. lol! Even though we both knew what was happening, neither of us was saying anything. In my SS3, a rival came into the picture. She also liked him and he knew it. I guess he was loving the attention and I got jealous. One day, it was just the two of us in an empty lab, then he asked me, Do you like me? I really did but was too shy to admit and so I said NO. Kai, I blew my chance  cry sad. I mentioned the other girl's name out of jealousy and said, she likes you. So, he was like o.k. Weeks after, I noticed we started drifting apart and his attention was on the girl. I was shattered and broken and was not happy at all. I then promised myself not to speak to him, unless he spoke to me. It was killing me because each time I saw him, I knew I loved him. Towards the end of our WAEC, we started getting close again. Finally, WAEC finished and we exchanged confessions over the phone but it was a bit too late to get anything started. We stayed in the same town,  and everyday I prayed I ran into him. Since then, up till now, I have not set my eyes on him. Although I have his facebook and he is on my bbm list, things are not certainly the way it used to be. He has moved on and so have I. So, we are just friends.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by mekaboy(m): 2:13am On Mar 17, 2011

YES **TITANIC** HOW DID YOU KNOW? WERE U THERE ? grin grin grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by blackgucci(m): 2:15am On Mar 17, 2011
^^^ mekaboy, nuthin do u.best post in thread. hahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Liss: 2:19am On Mar 17, 2011
mekaboy:

There ke? No way, Just psychic is all wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 5:50am On Mar 17, 2011
Liss:

grin grin grin Lol, so silly!!! Bet the ship was called Titanic, right? cheesy

mekaboy:

loooooool, you two are so funny grin grin grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by frank317: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
mekaboy:

guy u gat me laughing sha,

she was in a girls sec sch, i was in an all boys sec sch. met her in a social gathering and feel in love with her. asked her out(i never dullled) and she accepted, succeeded in only pecking her (guesss i dulled afterall). she was pretty, beautiful and fine. she was intelligent and cultured. i really loved her. i left town after waec, she gave me her pix and it was the saddest day. i loved her. we xchanged letters and after some she stopped. i never forgot her. its been ten years now, saw her on facebook with a kid and a man, who is he? her husband i guesss. tried adding her but she didnt accept my invi. still think i would have made a better husband than the dude i saw with her on fb. funny, i am stll searchin for a girl with her standard. shes moved on but i havent cry bt life must go on still have the pix, was planning to tag her if she adds me. still waiting

1 Like

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by frank317: 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
story numbr 2:

met her at a party, it was love at first sight for both of us. she said her friends forced her to come for the party because she was mourning her broken r/ship. shes been mourning for four months. we got talking at the party, i fell in love. the discussion flowed, the chemistry was obvious, and for the first time i made her really smile.
he friends where surprised, they were all on me, asking,"how did u do it, pls dont hurt her" but i was already in a relationship and wasnt willing to hurt my inocent girl.
they encouraged her not to let me go, they called me saying that i had saved a soul. she was tranformed and was filled with love songs. but how was i to let them know that this wouldnt work. i was in a relationship!
she kpt in touch and she was perfect. i was confused and didnt know what to do. i waiited for the right moment to tell her, but time lingerd. she was gettiing attached. God! she was perfect.
i saw her radiating, i desired her but what would i do? i was in a relationship. after 3 wks i summoned courage to let her know. she was silent for almost 30mins, then broke down and cried. i was shattered, she was so beautiful and innocent , she didnt deserve crying, i think apart from the day i lost my mum, that was the worst day of my life. but i had to let her go. never seeen her again. guess she hated me.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by isalegan2: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
Dyt:

Gigglin
i rem smtyms 4yrs back
i had a nyt stand wit dis dude
it wz all so romantic within dat very short period
i smile n bite lips each tym i rem him
he wz gettin married den actually
bt we still talk n lookin 4ward 4 more days of d nyt we had
it wz such a beautiful one
i jst rem him now n cant stop smilin n bitin my lips

I almost had a stroke trying to read your post!  I beg of you, have mercy on those of us who are not teenagers.  And you're not even typing from a phone!  Seriously, my head almost exploded.  But I will avoid reading you from now on.  No offense.  grin

BoboYekini:

I dont wanna talk about it. It still hurts

woodcook:

I wish I could turn back the hand of time.

. . . For nine years I carried her safe in my heart and for that nine years I didn't have anything to do with any girl because each day I kept hoping we would some how get back together but it turned out we were not meant to be.

javalove:

After that day we would always sit together . . .

The day she eventually shows up, she was surrounded by guys. , I didn't notice the girls. . I was so jealous. . .

Holidays over. . it was time for me to cry my heart out. . .time to shed blood. Last day at offshore was a teary one. To make matters worse, it rained heavily and we were both crying like babies. . I couldn't look at her. She walked me to the bus stop and gave me one last hug. She held me tight for almost a minute but I had to leave, I boarded an obalende bus and all eyes were on me with tears still dripping down my cheek. . .

**uses his handkerchief to wipe tears from eyes and keyboard. . .then sneezes***  cry cry

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

What a pu##y.  I mean, how sweet!  cheesy  But the "Obalende bus" part made me lol for some reason.

Anyway, who says guys don't have feelings.  Awww.  sad

Seriously, it was fun to read all your posts.  Nice stories.  smiley

Gbenge 77:

i met this particular girl a few years ago and we fell in love.you would think we were inseparable.i gave my .attention,wholly.After a while ,she had a bust -up with my sister.This angered me and i called the relationship off.[/b]Today,she continues to contact me and makes me realise she still trusts me,implicitly.maybe she still got romantic feelings for me,i dont know.with retrospect,i shouldnt have called off the relationship.

Yeah, big mistake.  Sisters can ruin your lives like that.  grin

saokea:

Lost mine 6 years ago. We dated for two years. [b]Our relationship was blissfu[/b]l. One day, we had a misunderstanding and the relationship collapsed like a pack of cards. [b]She is now a lawyer and she is still single.
I miss her alot.

Are you married?  If not, what are you waiting for?  Make your move, dumbarse!  lol.

Inked_Nerd:

I was thinking about him before I started the thread. Even though I've searched for him on Facebook many times, I keep searching just in case I may find him. I never had the idea to call his former high school until it dawned on me that they may still have records of him graduating from there.  . . . I hope this thread encourages others to go seek out old flames because I've been searching for mine for over 3 years now cry.  

Inked_Nerd:

@post: Good news!!! I may be able to find the individual that I was talking about on the first page. I just called his former high school and they said he never graduated from the school and that he transferred to another school which is why I had trouble finding him. Anyway, when I called I spoke to someone from the office on the phone and they gave me some information but said I'd have to call them back tomorrow for further information. Hopefully, I'll be able to find him cheesy kiss

Inked_Nerd:

It means I may be able to find my long lost love. I'm gonna keep my fingers cross since anything could happen smiley.

Mazel Tov!  Find him Find him Find him!!! cheesy I'm just looking forward to seeing FStranger left at the altar. hahahaha. This it turning out to be the best week ever!  Other than finding out a former colleague and very good man lost his health battle (RIP good brother sad), so much good has happened this week.  grin grin grin

Just joking O.  It's all good - I'm done now.   tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Guys Attracted To Innocence? / Qualities Your Partner Must Have / My Coursemate Sent Me Her Wet PUSSY Pics..viewer Discretion PICS Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.