Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away (19558 Views)

Lepacious Slim Girl With Huge Breasts That Got The Internet Buzzing / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / The Expensive Benz Car Birthday Gift That's Got Twitter Buzzing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
inkerd how dare you think of someone else you should be thinking of me angry angry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by spacyzuma(m): 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
SA Lady:

^^^Something doesnt tie up, please help me out? What is wrong with those two embolded lines

You have a fiance, you are not ready to be married and you are having an affair. whats's going on

I DONT have a fiancee, just a girlfriend who's far away and havent seen in more than a year. We still talk on the phone, but  I wont be surprised if she's making her own plans bcoz she's now of marriageable age and I'm sure she has a lot of suitors.

My affair with this woman began on a public holiday as we had no loved ones nearby to spend the day with. She's the with the Fiance abroad.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by totorimi: 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
What kind of useless post is this, who cares about some stupid memory some fat a+ss want to reminisscence about. If you love someone so much marry 'em and stop telling us of some goddam experience y'all had sometimes ago. Lets look ahead ahead jo
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
totorimi:

What kind of useless post is this, who cares about some silly memory some fat a+ss want to reminisscence about. If you love someone so much marry 'em and stop telling us of some goddam experience y'all had sometimes ago. Lets look ahead ahead jo

inkerd would so deal wit you
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by babyme1(f): 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
There is this guy i met while preparing for JAMB. He was such a cute boy, and a footballer. He was the first guy i ever kissed though we didn't go beyond that. When i entered Uni,we didn't see again. It's 8yrs now but i still remember him like y'day. I once went to the house they lived then but they told me they moved out since 2004. To make matters worst, i can't remember his surname so i can't search him on fb.

I totally miss that boy (he must be in his 30's now). He was soooo cute kiss
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
there was the lady i met her name was baby.me

she was the 1st lady i ever kissed, i went to her house in 2004 and they told me she moved out

she was a footballer and an okada rider, i missed her and remember her like yesterday  undecided

she was mad ugly
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by spacyzuma(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
190:

she was the 1st lady i ever kissed, i went to her house in 2004 and they told me she moved out

she was a footballer and an okada rider, i missed her and remember her like yesterday undecided

a footballer and okada rider? WoW! Was she gay? And the Butch kind of lesbian?

totorimi:

What kind of useless post is this, who cares about some silly memory some fat a+ss want to reminisscence about. If you love someone so much marry 'em and stop telling us of some goddam experience y'all had sometimes ago. Lets look ahead ahead jo

Hey, it's not by force to comment. If you don't like the thread, simply ignore it and look for another thread that will interest you. There are plenty threads here in nairaland. Pls respect others.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2011
spacyzuma:

a footballer and okada rider? WoW! Was she gay? And the Butch kind of lesbian?

sadly she was gay and shes a nairalander as well
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by shakara4u(m): 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
she waz pretty,knew her in 97,we sdatrted dating in 2000, both young,
young love,full oh hope n promises but unaware of reality,

wen reality struck,after 4 years it all fell apart, well, she dated my nxt door nieghbour back then in Uni

thats was the Kill, or we still see talk,still ahve a strong thing for each other , but

miss her sha
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Ranoscky(m): 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mrs potato, thanx my dear. Right now, Im with this chinese chick [very beautiful and I would love to marry her] but, who knows what rocks the future's boat?
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by MsPotato(f): 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
Ranoscky:

Mrs potato, thanx my dear. Right now, Im with this chinese chick [very beautiful and I would love to marry her] but, who knows what rocks the future's boat?

U are with a chinko shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by saokea(m): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2011
Lost mine 6 years ago. We dated for two years. Our relationship was blissful. One day, we had a misunderstanding and the relationship collapsed like a pack of cards. She is now a lawyer and she is still single.
I miss her alot.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by orbaxy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
If only one can turn back the hands of time. dammit! i'll go back to nursery school. smiley
There, i fall in love with all sincerity, passion and honesty that doesn't exist in the world of today. we were kids, we were best of friends, we go to school together, eat together, play together lived almost together, got married over a hundred times in dramas. As we grew older, we became aware of our bodies, the passion we share before we could decide to "experiment" thats when we were in primary 4, her mother got transfered and we lost contact. up till date, i can vividly remember the moments we share, her smile, everything. just that i cant find her anymore  cry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Arcani: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
I never thought I'lld tell a story until I read ORBAXY's, He was a cute kid in primary school, we were d closest in class, we would swing together, sit in the merry-go-round for a long time after school, talk about things I cant remember, sit and hold hands, in an small class and locked the door, doing nothing actually, we jus enjoyed eachother's company,

He was my crush, until one day something happened, cant remember vividly wht it was but I knw and remember I stabbed him with my pen very close to his eyes, I m sure he infuriated me and I couldnt control myself ( though, I got a good punishment from the proprietor for that), Twas brutal and everything crashed, Really cant remember what happened but he left the school, (maybe his parents changed his school because of the violent me), he jus wasnt in my primary six class, I stopped seeing him, I fink I miss him really embarassed. Twas fun, Im sure. I cant even remember what his name unfortunately cos I wud hav searched for him on fb and I think I really want to see him again, maybe things could happen, wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by shakara4u(m): 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
hehehehehehee

wake up n wish the lost ones luck
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by HighChief4(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
This thread took my down the sweet memory lane. I actually met her in my 200level in Uni and she was just a fresh 100level student. I was seeing a gal in same room with her, so I met this very gal one of the days I came looking for the other gal i was seeing. Since the day i set my eyes on her i developed the feelings for her, not minding that i was seeing someone else in that room, thou it wasnt easy but at the end of day we started dating with the help of a few of her friends. I was actually her first boyfriend and I practically tot her everything. We dated for good 5years and we were seriously in love for that 5yrs. When I graduated, her family arranged someone to marry her and i was young then. But at the end of the day it didnt work out with the guy they arranged for her. Till date i still have strong feelings for her and its almost 6yrs now that we broke up, she just sent me sms last week after a very long time and i started thinkin about her lately. The truth is that this gal set a very high standard that no other gal has been able to match. I miss her so much
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Ranoscky(m): 2:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mrs potato, Yes o, my dear. Specificaly, she is from Hong Kong [born-bred and lived all her life over there] but I call her chinese b'cos HK is 'stil' part of china.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by babyme1(f): 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
190:

she was a footballer and an okada rider, i missed her and remember her like yesterday  undecided

she was mad ugly

Mind the way you type my name, Sunny-boy angry tongue
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Abbycrown(f): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hmmn, I met this guy about 7 years ago & we're about the same age. When he first asked me out, i declined, but it was false, cos i was already in love too. He never tried asking me out again, but somehow we started dating. He's so romantic and caring, he had everything i've ever wanted in a guy, but we are too alike. He's proud and arrogant, i guess i am too. So, that's it. It had to stop. I decided to stop it, since 'i'm the lady here' and i had to get serious with a relationship. But since then, it's not being easy, we've been breaking up and making up. The new guy is the one suffering, because it's not like the feeling is there. I still see the former guy and recently, when i discovered that he's also dating another girl, i felt so jealous (i think selfishness was at work) and i've not even talked to the guy since then. I hate to say this, but i think i'm still in luv with him. I just have to summarize the story, there's more to it. In fact love is crazy.  wink So, can you see that my love life is more complicated than yours?
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
baby.me:

Mind the way you type my name, Sunny-boy angry tongue

did i mention your name

are u the only baby.me around here angry angry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by deniyor: 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
She was pretty and well behaved, almost perfect. She said no sex b4 marriage, I got Hot and left her for another lady that was ready to service my needs. Still think what could have been but feel I made the only decision available.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by dearzi(f): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hmmm, I haven't posted in several years, but this may just be the therapy I need, lol

Of course in the journey of life a girl meets a nice guy or two,
The first one that got away, he had a wild temper, but we could talk about everything. He was the kind of take charge guy. We had a lot in common--our parents travelled in the same circles, we both love the arts with a passion, but beyond that I couldn't get passed that temper--I didn't want to risk it.
I think about him every now and then, we both love Shania Twain's "You've got a way with me," so when the thoughts come I smile--he was there for me emotionally when I needed a friend, for that I'll always love him.

For the big fish that got away! "Bulldog," don't know how he earned that name, as he's such a gentle person. My older brother's friend, known him nothing less than 20 years. Grew up saying I would marry him. I had a crush on him from primary school till,  Once when I was old enough to speak my feelings I went to look for him, but he'd moved! I left the country, but somehow he found me through an email my brother had sent. We reconnected, before long we started dating--my dreams were coming true. Bull and I were perfect together, finish each other's sentence, know what the other is thinking, in all honesty we were soul mates--if such a thing does exist. He was the yin to my yang, we got engaged. Something went wrong somewhere, we couldn't be together.
It's been 5yrs since, we still talk, thankfully we're on different ends of the planet!  I'm married now with a family, and I wish him all the best with his life. But I still wonder what could have been undecided
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by omolasgidi(m): 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
Was in my final year in school. we both had no one we were dating.
Was happy for once with a woman. It was total. everyone knew us.
Was so bad that her course mates thought I was a member of that class (u could hear the whipers angry)
We dated for 10months before we broke up
After 5years, she started calling me again and later asked me why i was not returning her calls? I made her realise that if i did, I was bringing back buried memories which was not good since she was involved with someone else.
We later hooked up and now she wants me to be her boyfriend again cos the fiance has travelled abroad to study.
She claims she does not want to date anyone cos she knows it won't lead anywhere but knows i would understand if she ends it when he comes back (if i do not make her pregnant or marry her b4 then).
Imagine undecided embarassed sad
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Onchedu(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2011
I don't have any stories to tell. Once Ur gone Ur gone. Those ''bump into'' senarios are the things that lead to feelings one lives to regret later.
It's safer for me & my new girl if I'm not indulging my nostalgic feelings about someone I'm not with anymore.

Sure we'l wonder bout this person & that person as they will wonder bout us too but there really is no need meditating on the longings.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by felix4real: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mine is that of a broken relationship.

I met a girl on my first day in campus and we became very good friends. We maintained our friendship for three years and we were so close that people thought we were dating. In final year however, i asked her out and so began our relationship. I loved her very much and would not do anything to hurt her. we shared our lives like two passionate people whose hearts were tied spiritually.

It was all rosy and cosy and for 2 years we did not have a single reason to quarrel. As soon as NYSC came calling however, things began to degenerate between us. We started having problems. All attempts to resolve issues failed as we were fighting about almost everything, almost on a daily basis. It got to the point that i couldn't take it anymore because my bad relationship cost me retention where i served as i was pouring my anger on my colleagues cos i could not pour it on her. I ended the relationship immediately after Youth Service. Although she came to her senses and begged for forgiveness but i could not bring myself to share my heart with a girl that would allow circumstances to make her resentful of someone she claimed to love.

We parted ways and lost contact for about a year. In that period, rebuilt my life, i found someone else, built up a relationship with her and got married. However, just before my marriage, our friends who we shared while in school urged us to make up and be friends; since we were friends before we became lovers. After much pressure, i conceded, with approval from my eventual wife of course (who i narrated the whole story to). I am happily married now and expecting my first child. We are still friends; albeit via phone calls and other electronic means of communication and have met only once since then. She's still single and uses every opportunity to express her sadness at losing me. I don't feel anything for her anymore other than friendship and i keep her at arms length, to me now, she is just a friend and everyone understands it. We found love and lost it in translation.

1 Like

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Onchedu(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
Me thinks: This is one hell of a girlie thread.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Arcani: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
Onchedu:

Opinion noted!!! wink Guess you didnt read through at all or read well.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by shakara4u(m): 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2011

and what makes u think so?
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by holydante(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
Going through this thread has made me melancholic.

Which one do I talk about and which one do I leave out??

I think I just have to shut down for the day and go home.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by alphonsok: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
ok
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by v3: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2011
This thread brings back memories cry

Mine was back in 2004, there's this comp. training school i did my IT(as a lecturer) and she was one of the students. We became friends and most days she would stay till i close. Things got pretty intense and the management got word that we were dating and well, I lost my very first job. Yeah, silly me.

We lost contact for about 7 years, no thanks to nitel&them useless telco's then. .and the ONLY thing I remember vividly was our last kiss and her name. So some days back, i was checking out posts on my FB wall and a thought creep'd in. .so i decided to search for her (after failing on 4 previous attempts), lo and behold. . her profile picture appeared on my screen. . I just broke down in tears, I couldn't hold myself.

Hearing her (got her number from her profile) even made it worse, as she kept crying and didn't know what to say to me. .We're working in different states now, though we plan meeting when she's around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Guys Attracted To Innocence? / Essential Dating Tips For Guys / A Thousand Guys Here Would Take A Bullet 4 This Chic's Pu*ssy! 4get Roman Godess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.