Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,158 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away (19584 Views)

Lepacious Slim Girl With Huge Breasts That Got The Internet Buzzing / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / The Expensive Benz Car Birthday Gift That's Got Twitter Buzzing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Liss: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
frank3.16:

she was in a girls sec sch, i was in an all boys sec sch. met her in a social gathering and feel in love with her. asked her out(i never dullled) and she accepted, succeeded in only pecking her (guesss i dulled afterall). she was pretty, beautiful and fine. she was intelligent and cultured. i really loved her. i left town after waec, she gave me her pix and it was the saddest day. i loved her. we xchanged letters and after some she stopped. i never forgot her. its been ten years now, saw her on facebook with a kid and a man, who is he? her husband i guesss. tried adding her but she didnt accept my invi. still think i would have made a better husband than the dude i saw with her on fb. funny, i am stll searchin for a girl with her standard. shes moved on but i havent cry bt life must go on still have the pix, was planning to tag her if she adds me. still waiting

Sounds like you managed to move, at least the girl in your story no. 2 was also perfect wink

Anywayz, mine went the way yours did.

Met in university, my 2nd yr to be precise , We really loved each other, we were so attuned to each other, You know the feeling of noone exists but this person you are with (even in a crowded room). We would stroll hands in hands and go nowhere, lol,
Anyway, he travelled out, angry, and even though we managed to keep for about 3 years after, the distance still got to us.
He finally married a white girl and I stilll haven't moved on but life must go on.
He says he wants to see me when he comes home this year but I am not gonna see him cos I know what could possibly happen. Don't need that garbage.

Still praying to meet someone that would erase all his memories from my mind , angry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by seunspice(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Liss, You took the right decision. What does he want to see you for? Tell you he had to be in the union cause he needed residency papers?
Drop that garbage and move on> you'll be surprised at the number of eligible good guys who are eyeing you as at now.
Cheers.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by DeepSoul(f): 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2011
The one that got away. . .

We dated for three years
He got married about 2 months ago or so. . .

Sometimes, I still don't believe he's married. . .
He was my soulmate, or so I thought. . .

Sometimes, I'm tempted to wish. . .
Wish I wasnt so hard headed. . .
Wish I'd called him just once to say "I miss you"

But then I remember, we were not meant to be together. . .
We might not have been happy together. . .
I remember what made me walk away. . .
I try to remind myself and console myself with that. . .

But the love was divine. . .
The memories were extra ordinary. . .

I hope I meet sm1 else that'll make me feel that way again. . .
Or @least something close to that. . .realistically!

To the one that got away. . .
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
isale_gan2:
Mazel Tov!  Find him Find him Find him!!! cheesy I'm just looking forward to seeing FStranger left at the altar.  hahahaha. This it turning out to be the best week ever!  Other than finding out a former colleague and very good man lost his health battle (RIP good brother sad), so much good has happened this week.  grin grin grin

Just joking O.  It's all good - I'm done now. tongue

lol, FStranger hasn't put a ring on it so I'm good to go grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by seunspice(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Deep SOul, Cool lines. smiley smiley
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by MissyB3(f): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2011
MyJoe:

grin grin grin
Best story I have read in years!

Where have you been?  shocked  shocked I was going to write 'Our' story here, but thank God I found you again.  cheesy Ain't letting you slip away this time around.  angry kiss kiss kiss wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by DeepSoul(f): 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2011
Seun Spice, no be lines oh!

I just wrote it as I felt it.

Looking at it now sha, it does look a bit cheesy sef.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
Deep Soul:

Seun Spice, no be lines oh!

I just wrote it as I felt it.

Looking at it now sha, it does look a bit cheesy sef.

It looks fine. The whole point of this thread was for people to let out their feelings.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Liss: 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Deep Soul

That was real neat. Very well done o,

@Inked_Nerd

I am also rooting for you to find him, who knows he might also be searching for you right now wink

seunspice:

@Liss, You took the right decision. What does he want to see you for? Tell you he had to be in the union cause he needed residency papers?
Drop that garbage and move on> you'll be surprised at the number of eligible good guys who are eyeing you as at now.
Cheers.

Many thanks, That's the question I keep asking myself, what does he want to see me for I mean nothing matters anymore undecided
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by pheesayor(m): 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

It looks fine. The whole point of this thread was for people to let out their feelings.

And I think it has been accomplished, someone who hadn't posted since 2006 was forced to contribute to this thread, even my story which I've kept to myself all these while was summarised here, nice one wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Liss: 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
[quote
And I think it has been accomplished, someone who hadn't posted since 2006 was forced to contribute to this thread, even my story which I've kept to myself all these while was summarised here, nice one wink
[quote][/quote]

grin Hope you are not referring to me o, (just kidding)
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
Liss:

@Deep Soul

That was real neat. Very well done o,

@Inked_Nerd

I am also rooting for you to find him, who knows he might also be searching for you right now wink

Many thanks, That's the question I keep asking myself, what does he want to see me for I mean nothing matters anymore undecided

Awww, thanks, I hope he's searching for me as well. I was too shy to let my fully known to him back then but if given a second chance, I won't make that mistake again smiley.

pheesayor:

Thanks, I'm glad that it has allowed everyone to express themselves. Reading some of those stories have make me see some members in a whole different light.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
inky! likes edward maya grin grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
190:

inky! likes edward maya grin grin

Omg, must you blast my business? Na wa for you. You wan make I tell everyone wettin you dey like? grin grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Omg, must you blast my business? Na wa for you. You wan make I tell everyone wettin you dey like? grin grin

But i didnt say anything now,

I said Inky likes edward maya!!

Are u inky!! grin grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
190:

But i didnt say anything now,

I said Inky likes edward maya!!

Are u inky!! grin grin

Shaarap. You know what I meant tongue
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Shaarap. You know what I meant tongue

Buahahahahaha waiting for class to star shocked shocked
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by amor4ce(m): 2:22am On Mar 18, 2011
I guess this song by New Edition, "Mr Telephone Man" could stir up your emotions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTdxdr9pNnw
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 2:35am On Mar 18, 2011
amor4ce:

I guess this song by New Edition, "Mr Telephone Man" could stir up your emotions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTdxdr9pNnw

cry cry cry cry cry cry

190:

Buahahahahaha waiting for class to star shocked shocked

Shaarap. Instead of studyin', you're here reading my stuff. I go post your own status grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by olumyde5(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2011
Liss:

grin grin grin Lol, so silly!!! Bet the ship was called Titanic, right? cheesy

Funny Guy funniest story I;ve read on this thread

Liss:

There ke? No way, Just psychic is all wink

Yeah I was there in 1912
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by olumyde5(m): 7:41am On Mar 18, 2011
mekaboy:

[b]
SHE WAS FROM A RICH AND ROYAL BRITISH FAMILY, I MET HER IN A SHIP WITH HER FAMILY, THEY WERE HAVING A PARTY. WE WERE DESTINED FOR EUROPE, I MANAGED TO GET INTO THE SHIP AFTER I GAMBLED AND WON SOME MONEY.

WE FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, WE CHARTED , BUT HER FAMILY WAS AGAINST US BECAUSE OF CLASS AND SHE HAD A FIANCE FROM A RICH FAMILY WHO THE FAMILY HAD PREPARED FOR HER, BUT SHE LOVED ME AND I LOVED HER TOO.

I DID A LOT OF PAINTING , AND I PAINTED HER unclothed IN THE SHIP. SHE KNEW HOW TO SWIM AND I DID NOT. THERE WAS CONSTANT PARTY IN THE SHIP.

ONE DAY AS CELEBRATIONS WAS ON, THEY NOTICED UNDER THE SHIP THAT IT HIT SOMETHING AND THE MACHINES STOPPED WORKING, AND WATER WAS COMING IN. IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THE SHIP WOULD SINK.

THE ALARM WENT OFF, EVERYONE WAS SCARED, THERE WERE JUST A FEW SPEED BOATS THAT COULD CARRY ONLY THE EXTREMELY RICH, AND BECAUSE I WAS FROM A POOR BACKGROUND, THEY HAD TO LEAVE US TO OUR FAITH.

BECAUSE OF THE LOVE WE HAD, DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS GIRL REFUSED T JOIN HER FAMILY AND CHOSE TO BE WITH ME ? THE SHIP BEGAN TO SINK I COULD NOT SWIM, WE HAD NO OPTION BUT TO WAIT FOR THE RESCUE BOAT COMING.

FINALLY THE SHIP SANK, THIS GIRL HAD TO SWIM AND CARRY ME, WE GOT ONE TUBE FROM THE SHIP WHICH WAS SMALL AND I COULD ONLY HOLD ON TO IT WHILE SHE WAS HOLDING ME UP FROM UNDER THE WATER.

FINALLY AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR, I SAW THE LIGHT OF THE RESCUE BOAT COMING, I WAS SO EXCITED, I REACHED OUT FOR HER HAND TO TELL HER WE MADE IT, HE HANDS WERE FROZEN, HOLDING ME UP IN THE SEA.
EACH TIME I TELL THIS STORY I CRY cry cry cry cry cry cry .

I GOT RESCUED, BUT SHE DID NOT MAKE IT ALIVE , SHE IS THE ONLY WOMAN I EVER LOVED, IT WAS SHORT BUT THE SWEET MEMORIES LAST FOREVER.

I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE NAME OF THE SHIP, BUT I KNOW IT WAS CALLED "bosom****" SOMETHING.

SHE IS GONE BUT STILL LIVES IN MY HEART shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink wink

[/b]

Funny Guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2011
olumyde5:

Funny Guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I was readin' it at first and I was like "Wait a minute, this story sounds familiar" grin
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by 190: 10:04am On Mar 18, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Shaarap. Instead of studyin', you're here reading my stuff. I go post your own status grin

angry angry angry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by shakara4u(m): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2011
The one that got away. . .

We dated for three years
He got married about 2 months ago or so. . .

Sometimes, I still don't believe he's married. . .
He was my soulmate, or so I thought. . .

Sometimes, I'm tempted to wish. . .
Wish I wasnt so hard headed. . .
Wish I'd called him just once to say "I miss you"

But then I remember, we were not meant to be together. . .
We might not have been happy together. . .
I remember what made me walk away. . .
I try to remind myself and console myself with that. . .

But the love was divine. . .
The memories were extra ordinary. . .

I hope I meet sm1 else that'll make me feel that way again. . .
Or @least something close to that. . .realistically!

To the one that got away. . .

touchin,
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Liss: 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Shakara4u,

Ain't you gonna tell us your story? undecided

@Inked_Nerd,

Are you gonna update us if you actually find us and what the reaction was?

Can't wait, wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2011
Interesting
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by applelady(f): 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
Mine was sort of a school boyfriend, he later travelled to london 4 his masters,we spoke 4 some time until this january when he stopped callin. Whenever I remember d love we shared when we were in school, I always wonder where I went wrong.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Liss: 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2011
applelady:

Mine was sort of a school boyfriend, he later travelled to london 4 his masters,we spoke 4 some time until this january when he stopped callin. Whenever I remember d love we shared when we were in school, I always wonder where I went wrong.

Why would you think you were the one that went wrong? undecided , You don't need to put yourself under such strain o, abeg. If it's meant to be it will be. But you might wanna try sending a text, email or something to say you miss him or something, wink
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by sexylogan(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ink,

There's sum1 i'l never forget. Do u know how it is wen u hav the picture of  in your mind of a perfect mate for u?

That was her. She was extremely beautiful, she was sweet, she was homely, she had class. In short, she was flawless.

I'l never love a woman as i loved her. Although i poured out my heart to her, she didnt feel the way i felt and so we wer at best

only friends for the period we wer university schoolmates. Last i heard, she's engaged to one white dude in SA.

embarassed

If only I cud see her, I'd tell her that I've always loved her. She was the best thing that never happened to me. cry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by InkedNerd(f): 7:23am On Mar 23, 2011
Liss:

@Shakara4u,

Ain't you gonna tell us your story? undecided

@Inked_Nerd,

Are you gonna update us if you actually find us and what the reaction was?

Can't wait, wink

Yes, I will--I promise wink

sexylogan:

Ink,

There's sum1 i'l never forget. Do u know how it is wen u hav the picture of  in your mind of a perfect mate for u?

That was her. She was extremely beautiful, she was sweet, she was homely, she had class. In short, she was flawless.

I'l never love a woman as i loved her. Although i poured out my heart to her, she didnt feel the way i felt and so we wer at best

only friends for the period we wer university schoolmates. Last i heard, she's engaged to one white dude in SA.[/tt] [/b] embarassed

If only I cud see her, I'd tell her that I've always loved her. She was the best thing that never happened to me. cry

Eh ya, sorry to hear that. It does hurt to love someone and have them not love you back cry
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by applelady(f): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Liss, thanx dearie, I tried emailing him ,yet he 've not replied, I really miss him though.
Re: Long Lost Love/ The One That Got Away by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
I miss her to death. Her name is Ndy. I don't wanna go into details. Ndy wherever you re baby I just wish could hug and kiss you just one more time. No one like you. Sad sad sad and sadddddd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Are Guys Attracted To Innocence? / Qualities Your Partner Must Have / My Coursemate Sent Me Her Wet PUSSY Pics..viewer Discretion PICS Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.