Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,439 members, 7,839,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? (13845 Views)

16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Ladies, What Is Your Take On Jobless Guys Who Chase You? / For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by menike(m): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2006
Yeeeeeaaaahhhh !!!!!

Ladies we bout to kno ya Minds Now grin grin grin smiley

I'd like to know what Hotangel,nike,eveseh,Mukina etc think bout this

*Hahhahaha* (Lol, lol ,lol, lol ) grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2006
chy24chy:

O guy what makes u think that it kind to marry a jobless man in the name of love.Ladies, listen, hear this-YOU ARE NOT DOING URself any good if u try it.Men are dangeriou and unappreciative.U may think u are in love and so marry a jobles whom u may turnout to be feeding.This is contrary to normal instead give him time to secure a job so that he can take the respon that is due to him
May God Save Men from Eves Like Chy24Chy angry angry angry angry angry angry AMEN!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 12:02am On Oct 01, 2006
Hell No,,,,,with no apologies.
YOu've gotta have a J.O.B ( a damn good one too) if you wanna be with me,
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 12:18am On Oct 01, 2006
neelsel:

Hell No,,,,,with no apologies.
YOu've gotta have a J.O.B ( a damn good one too) if you want to be with me,
Abeg God also add Eve Neelsel to that list! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by momoney1(m): 12:20am On Oct 01, 2006
@neelsel

yea, every body wishes good to him/her self but what about your man loosing his job after marriage, will you send him packing or you leaving ?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2006
Cant you read the writings on the wall.She go give am red card sharp sharp.I still maintain may God Save men from these kind of Eves! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Wat am I saying sef!Eve better pass them.At least when Adam lost his job in the garden of Eden,Eve still stuck with him!
I will try and come up with a more appropriate tag for the likes of Neelsel and chy24chyk
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by izoneb(f): 3:43am On Oct 01, 2006
No!When he gets a job,he'll find his size!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by izoneb(f): 3:49am On Oct 01, 2006
A poor jobless man is not fit to marry!
If a man is poor and jobless its difficult to know if he really loves you or just pretending.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 3:52am On Oct 01, 2006
izoneb:

A poor jobless man is not fit to marry!
If a man is poor and jobless its difficult to know if he really loves you or just pretending.

Wat of he was stinking rich b4 he married u and then shit happened he became jobless and poor.Whatchu gonna do undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by izoneb(f): 4:14am On Oct 01, 2006
Then we can start from there.At least i know if he makes it I'll still be his choice!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by acidrop(f): 5:21am On Oct 01, 2006
he will have 2 make his money back, the way he made it the first time b4 we got married tongue
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by somegirl(f): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2006
@topic:

I think this is a tough question. My naive self would have said it does not matter whether he got a job as long as he is of "noble" character and loves me. However, one cannot live from air and love only.

Early in a relationship, I don't consider it wise if one partner is depending on the other (whether it is the man or the woman). It is better if there is no doubt whether one only is together because of the financial support. It might not even be intential but just thankefullness mistaken for love. Though one might argue whether love is really necessary in a relationship, I doubt that thankfulness is the right base to start since it easily might lead to dependency, unequality and/or exploitation of the weaker part. Or the fiancial stronger part might feel used.

However, what if your partner of a few weeks/months tells you s/he doesn't eat well, doesn't have proper clothing, no money to call you or only a filthy place where to sleep? What will you do? Remember, you are in love with that person and maybe didn't know his/her situation in the beginning and, even if you knew, a poor person can be lovable just as any other person.

Tough question o! I don't know the answer ---
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by izoneb(f): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2006
That is 'ripping off'!
If he?she has no food no clothes no bla bla bla,he/she should get busy instead of pouring it on a partner.
Or better yet look for a helper or a philanthropist not a lover.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by somegirl(f): 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2006
Some people want a "helper" as their wife!  grin  wink

I want a family member as my partner - not a relative becoming my lover (mind ya!) but a lover becoming part of my family - and as such I don't won't him to suffer o! But where to draw the line?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by izoneb(f): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2006
?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by somegirl(f): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2006
What's confusing you?  If I love somebody, I care about his/her well being sha! And I don't "dump" a partner easily just as I would not break with my brother easily (later one actually being a bit tougher even). What might be my problem is that I consider a lover a partner too early ---
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2006
My point is that money could be a very ephemeral thing, It can come and go as it pleases!Love on the other hand could be a stronger bond.So if you base your choice of a partner on how deep his pocket is then if shit happens you might find yaself stuck with a poor man that you did not love in the first place which is much worse than getting stuck with a poor man that you love grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by somegirl(f): 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2006
word!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by izoneb(f): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2006
Uchenna!In fairness to you its easy to love anyone.Money is not a priority but when you say poor and jobless,I think a jobless poor man should be more concerned about getting himself fixed.Its better he gat a job and not wealthy.Except he wants to depend on you and where I get the strength?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by izoneb(f): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2006
somegirl:

word!
My dear Uchenna's point was so clear and you easily agreed.
Y then am i having a difficulty understanding you?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2006
Probably I missed the point!If you are talking about a jobless man who feels comfortable about his situation then that is a diff kettle of fish.He shd get up his ass and look for sth to do.Cos even as I believe that love is a strong bond that bond can easily break when subjected to strains like that.
But I was not referring to that kind of a situation.I am referring to the situation of a honest hardworking man who for no reason of his finds himself jobless and penniless.R u saying that a lady shd not give that kind of man the time of day even if he has not gotten his ish 2geda!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by somegirl(f): 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2006
@Izoneb: Because Uche2nna was just comparing two stories and I can only agree with his preference. However, the world is a bit more complex than that ---
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by acidrop(f): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2006
i just hope i dont find my self in this whole sufer head condition in Jesus name, amen cool
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by momoney1(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2006
@acidrop

then work harder and make mo money(like me) cos you may see and fall for some one with brain and good look but no job grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by acidrop(f): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2006
hey, hey, i prefer an amen to that my short prayer, than a negative aspect of life, thank u very much  tongue

and ofcourse u gonna work hard and make money, u are d guy undecided
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2006
Uche and Mo money,
Why is it that you people are having such a difficult time dealing with truth? I honestly stated what I wouldn't do and you Mr. Uche are having a hard time with it.
Look, the poster did not specify about leaving if the person was once gainfully employed and due to circumstances lost his/her job. If he/she did then maybe my response would have been different.
So once again, NO> I Would NOT marry a poor, jobless man. My parents did not make sacrifices for me to amount to a liability collector. He Has to have a JOB (and a very good one) if He wishes to be with I an I. And I said that without Fear or Favour.
In my part of the world, it's called freedom of speech,
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2006
Uche2nna the "likes" of me, wouldn't give you a second glance, so don't even start with me, BOY.
You want me to spell it out for you?
No I will Not look at, date or marry a poor a$$ jobless man.
Why must I subject myself to that?
Am I right to assume you are financially challenged and as a result is taking such offence?
well the truth is, everybody can't have money.
I love the finer things in life( I was raised that way) and won't differ from such lifestyle. So that's why I put my behind through school to ensure that I won't be on the breadline awaiting some rich man to make me happy. He would have to have a good job making much more than me. I am not going to be anybody's personal bank,
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2006
Haaa Uche R u still Interrogating LADIES Abt this-Wait!!!!!!!!!!! Y does This TOPIC BOTHER you this much? i keep wondering shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Bhola(f): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2006
No way, unless I am poor and jobless too. Then I guess we'll both live a poor and miserable life. grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2006
neelsel:

Uche2nna the "likes" of me, wouldn't give you a second glance, so don't even start with me, BOY.
You want me to spell it out for you?
No I will Not look at, date or marry a poor a$$ jobless man.
Why must I subject myself to that?
Am I right to assume you are financially challenged and as a result is taking such offence?
well the truth is, everybody can't have money.
I love the finer things in life( I was raised that way) and won't differ from such lifestyle. So that's why I put my behind through school to ensure that I won't be on the breadline awaiting some rich man to make me happy. He would have to have a good job making much more than me. I am not going to be anybody's personal bank,
Y do I have the feeling that you are taking this a litle too personal
You certainly know that there is freedom of speech!So I am now sterotyped because I am comparing two situations.Financially challenged,my foot!Tell me,my dear who in this whole wide world is not financially challenged.Even Bill Gates is financaially challenged.But if you mean that the assumption is that I am poor(just because I was asking some questions) then the answer is yes and no.Being poor is relative term,there are some people that you will see and you have the feeling that you are poor while some people will give u the feeling that you are rich.But I am definitely not Jobless! grin grin grin grin
About the likes of you not giving the likes of me a second glance(I wonder when the first glance was even given grin grin)
I suggest that you do not jump the gun.Wait make I propose first now b4 U begin reject me! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2006
jaybaby:

Haaa Uche R u still Interrogating LADIES Abt this-Wait!!!!!!!!!!! Y does This TOPIC BOTHER you this much? i keep wondering shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Well keep on wondering,yeye girl grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2006
HEHEHE!
aBEG uCHE IF U R JOBLESS MAKE U TELL ME NAW OOOOOOOO tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Funny But Serious, See The Advantages Of Having Big Boobs / Love you guys / Where Can I Hook Up With Ladies In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.