Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,774 members, 7,837,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? (13841 Views)

16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Ladies, What Is Your Take On Jobless Guys Who Chase You? / For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2006
Finally Uche2nna, you are making sense,
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2006
neelsel:

Finally Uche2nna, you are making sense,
I have been basically sayin the same thing.I just decided to break it down a little bit cos a lot of people(including u tongue) are going off track with the crucify him chant! grin ;DI am not canvassin for poverty I am just trying to compare two things:LOVE AND MONEY which one lasts longer!I think is Love and I am going to get married cos of that! grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2006
FYI I wasn't taking anything out of proportion.
You got very much upset with me for simply being honest by stating what I would and would not do if catch in the situation that was being discussed.
I can vividly remember me admonishing you about your "tone" with regards to responding to other peoples comments.
Once again, it is indeed a sight for sore eyes to finally be given the opportunity to discover the objective side of you. Before then I was begin to fear another Idi Amin in the making.
Remember you are going to encounter differences and oppositions all your life, just be objective in your approach.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2006
@I do not remenber getting upset in any of ur opinions.I just try to state mine but if you interpret that as a sign of being upset then I apologise.I rarely get upset and if I do it will certainly not be on somebody's postings on Nairaland!
As 4 the Idi Amin stuff,do not bother ya head I am not going to turn into one grin grin grin grin
You are the only one who have had a lot of qualms with my tone of posting.Well if it is true that it is offensive then I am sorry.Promise to be a good boy from now on. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2006
Uche2nna, apologies accepted. And remember we are all different. So what someone may accept as a joke maybe be interpret as an insult to another. smiley
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2006
Yeah.thanks for the education. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by glow(f): 12:24am On Oct 10, 2006
Heavens forbid me marrying a poor man.i aint down for that s***
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 12:27am On Oct 10, 2006
Cool and May God help you find Bill Gates brother
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 2:05am On Oct 10, 2006
Uche2nna
I noticed you have been avoiding my question that was posted a little bit earlier.
I asked the males to answer HONESTLY if they would married a poor jobless woman, and being that you are the Speaker of the Male House I am anxiously anticipating your imput. Don't keep me waiting now, wink
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 3:04am On Oct 10, 2006
@neelsel Sorry I was just trying to behave miself! undecided undecided undecided
Anyway,coming to ur question,Like I said b4 I have weighed both of the 2 quantities involved; that is Money and Love.I
have come to the simple conclusion that it is better to get married cos of love than to get married cos of money.So help me God. wink wink wink
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by MyPeace(f): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2006
@Neasel
Man dont really have problem of marrying poor and jobless woman, because most of them even allow their wives to become ful house Wives, so this is not a question for decision for them.

We may probably ask them if they will marry UNEDUCATED, LOCAL CHAMPION and UNMANNERD Lady in the NAME OF LOVE. Since everything is love love love. Mr Uche answer me!!!!!

Afterall this condition may equally not be perpetual as LEVEL FIT CHANGE!!!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2006
Uche2nna, i respect your open-mindedness about the topic at hand. However, I am having a rather difficult believing that given a choice you would opt for the rich employed chick wink. anyway to each its own-as we say in the islands.
Mypeace, I am a little confused with your response. Are you saying that a man would rather marry a poor girl as long as her mannerism department is excellent? Explain, TIA
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2006
Yes i no MEN ll say yes if bin asked if they would marry a Poor & Jobless woman!

I saw a movie on my way home y-day i rented it-its about a guy that lost his job,his G-frnd stood by him even had 2 go beg 4 money 4 him 2 srt up smtin
he later got a JOB! had so much money- all he could pay bk 2 da girl was send her off!!! his reason was , NUTTIN  can u imagine?

Uche u can still advice her 2 marry a guy that is un-educated.

I dnt no y MEN can get it that it will  be of more burden if WE marry a  MEDIOCRE
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Coco29(f): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2006
jaybaby:

Yes i no MEN ll say yes if bin asked if they would marry a Poor & Jobless woman!

I saw a movie on my way home y-day i rented it-its about a guy that lost his job,his G-frnd stood by him even had 2 go beg 4 money 4 him 2 srt up smtin
he later got a JOB! had so much money- all he could pay bk 2 da girl was send her off!!! his reason was , NUTTIN can u imagine?

Uche u can still advice her 2 marry a guy that is un-educated.

I dnt no y MEN can get it that it will be of more burden if WE marry a MEDIOCRE

jaybaby i thought i was bad but dam girl u need to give up the money. TAKE IT FROM ME U WOULD BE HAPPIER wink
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2006
Yea Neelsel- 4m what i no MEN 2 b!!!! They would marry a poor girl as long as her mannerism department is excellent?

Dnt you see our RICH brothers goin home to pick GURLS 4m poor families. when you ask 'em they would say ''that is the only place u can get a CULTURED gurl.

Men r jus to be taken d way they take US period!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2006
@MyPeace I do not understand wat you mean by a local champion!As 4 uneducated,as u pointed out,levels fit change!My own type of love will not be weighted against how much or how little education a girl has!If I love her enuff to make her my wife then I should also love her enuff to make her educated!Her being educated might not have been her fault and if given equal opportunities (with Prof MyPeace )might even be better academically!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2006
Unfortunately in this materialistic world of ours. Things of monetary value are deemed the most important by many people.
I will not marry a uneducated, ignorant woman. But if she is intellectual and does not have a job, or she is poor that will not stop me from marrying her

Marriage is a foundation not built on money, but like Uche2na said a few posts back, LOVE
If a girl can not love me because im poor or jobless then the hell with her. She never loved me in the first place
Girls like that only love what you are and not who you are, and in my eyes that does not catagorize as true love
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by somegirl(f): 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2006
Edit: The posts related to this one have been deleted. So this one was out of context and made no sense again.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by chynko: 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2006
Being realistic, no man would ever pray not to have a job in order to be able to eke out a living. On the other hand,I'd like to let the guys here know that as the years roll by,we shld check if all these "chics" are still wating for a guy with some kinda "good" job.Who would like to spend all her life in her parents home? That na d big "?"
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 11:45pm On Oct 11, 2006
Ahhh. Totalitarianism at its best!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by waffistyle(m): 12:38am On Oct 12, 2006
marry him so far, he is educated, and hardworking, smiley, you dont know tommorrow
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2006
I bow 4 this SITE ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

WTF-----Hmmmmmmmm this kian AUTOCRACY i never c am 4 my life before ooooo-----

Even in F-O-F -- i'm not sure if d ADMIN will ever delete any post!!!!!!!

This 1 na AMERICA WONDER lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Ituno(f): 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2006
Interesting question

I am South African and married to a Nigerian man who is currently doing his PHD and our only income is from me,  so
I am the one who  produces the major income at home.  If I was asked to marry him again knowing the situation I will be in before I married him, I will would do it again.

Money is no object if you put your trust in the Lord and if you know you have married a good man a man who is a hard worker despite the fact that you as a wife you are the only major provider, but I know it is for a short while,

He treads me like a Queen and he takes good care of me, and every little money he gets he makes sure he contributes as well, funny he even gives me money to spend despite that he earns a little, it was not his money I married it was his brain, kind heart, and his pureness. and all that I love my gorgeous Nigeriansband.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2006
@ Ituno well done. Your my type of Lady

jaybaby:

I bow 4 this SITE ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

WTF-----Hmmmmmmmm this kian AUTOCRACY i never c am 4 my life before ooooo-----

Even in F-O-F -- i'm not sure if d ADMIN will ever delete any post!!!!!!!

This 1 na AMERICA WONDER lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I dont understand your post , is it just me?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2006
Ituno:

Interesting question

I am South African and married to a Nigerian man who is currently doing his PHD and our only income is from me, so
I am the one who produces the major income at home. If I was asked to marry him again knowing the situation I will be in before I married him, I will would do it again.

Money is no object if you put your trust in the Lord and if you know you have married a good man a man who is a hard worker despite the fact that you as a wife you are the only major provider, but I know it is for a short while,

He treads me like a Queen and he takes good care of me, and every little money he gets he makes sure he contributes as well, funny he even gives me money to spend despite that he earns a little, it was not his money I married it was his brain, kind heart, and his pureness. and all that I love my gorgeous Nigeriansband.

I hope this goes a long way in explaining my point of view.I have been wondering y a pretty babe like jbaby seems to have always attracted the wrong type of men.Dont ask me how I know; that it is obvious from all her postings.Even the film she likes to remenber r only those that involves men issuing red cards to their wives
Well I believe that the cliche birds of the same feather,,,,,,,should strike a cord.Ol girl better check yaself O! grin grin grin grin
Anyways How U dey sef! Long time O grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2006
Uche i kip asking ?

Wat type of MAN does JAY kip attracting?

Waiting? :-w :-w
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2006
I do not know.You can be a better judge of that.But what I know is that from ur posting,you have a lot negative feelings towards men.And that could only be as a result of cumulative effects of your experiences with them! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2006
I'M DONE ---GO & READ D REPLY I GAVE ON D ODA THREAD ****DUMP B-FRND ****
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Sista(f): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2006
If the man is in a situation where he is unfortunate to be able to acquire a job, it is not his fault. Are you going to let go of love because the man has no job?

I don't understand, you love him and yet your not sure about marrying him because he has no job?

Do you believe in this man?

If you do believe in this man, you have to trust that he will get a job and until then, if you love him and he loves you, what is wrong with marrying him? Who says a man can't be a stay home dad who cooks, cleans, and runs errands while the woman brings home the bread  grin

We need to reevaluate what it means to be a man and what it means to be a woman. As a couple, two people have to work together. If a man can cook better than the woman and he enjoys to cook, nothing is wrong with him cooking while she lets say, mows the lawn, if that is what she enjoys. It's called compromise.  wink
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by somegirl(f): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2006
Sista: Who says a man can't be a stay home dad who cooks, cleans, and runs errands while the woman brings home the bread grin

We need to reevaluate what it means to be a man and what it means to be a woman. As a couple, two people have to work together. If a man can cook better than the woman and he enjoys to cook, nothing is wrong with him cooking while she lets say, mows the lawn, if that is what she enjoys. It's called compromise. wink

I agree. My neighbours are a good example for that. They have one child, a girl, and the mum stayed home right after giving birth but afterwards the dad took over and the wife worked full time. Today, the child is about ten and the dad works part-time and the mum full-time. Every couple has to work out what works best for themselves.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by jaybaby(f): 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2006
Jokes Apart ----Yes that is it? if they can AGREE 2 stay @ home  & do d CHORES--- no probs
But der EGO ll not let 'em
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2006
Uche and Jay ah behaving me self, ah not commenting lipsrsealed. Am fraid to get in trouble. man trod now, hav tings to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Funny But Serious, See The Advantages Of Having Big Boobs / The New Form Teacher (18+) / Nigerian Men Are Not Very Good In Bed (for Matured Minds Only))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.