Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,484 members, 7,840,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? (13846 Views)

16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Ladies, What Is Your Take On Jobless Guys Who Chase You? / For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2006
ok Bush man Uche, u win, Just kidding though. But I do know a bit about Africa especially SA, Nigeria, Kenya and Niger. I intend on learning more. BTW just posted a topic pLEASE PLEASE check it out.
And don't be technical now, I need realistic views and overviews from you. I know you Uche, smart mouth,
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by haywhy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2006
Uche2nna:

grin grin grin grin
So probably thats y I thot you are Nigerian
Anyway there is no way you can know Nigeria more than me.Not because I am a Nigerian but because I have been living there until this Aug when I came to the US.By living there I mean actually living there froom one state to the other.I have seen all aspects of the Nigerian life the good,the bad and the ugly.So there is no way you can know Nigeria more than me because you are talking to a complete bushman grin grin grin
Ao una dey now? I've always suspected that you're a bush man. Anyway, we need some normal corns & not just sweet corn here in london oo. Pls make the supply as quick as possible grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2006
God blast ya head! angry angry But seriuosly do you need some real corn cos I have a small farm right in front of my apartment grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by haywhy(m): 1:11am On Oct 30, 2006
Yep we need but not from u anymore 'cos i hear say una shit u dey take grow the corns tongue
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by chiluvGod8(f): 2:01am On Oct 30, 2006
I would love him and encourage him. I may even set a wedding date. But we would both have to secure jobs and be financially stable before we consider marriage.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by chiluvGod8(f): 2:04am On Oct 30, 2006
by the way,

It's not 2 am where i am. It is 7 pm
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2006
Uche, where are you? Did you forget to readjust your clock. Daylight savings time is no more Papi,
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2006
This question goes out to the ladies. The guy u love and have been dating, is Poor and jobless. U on the other hand is well off and have a job, Will u marry him in his predicament, OR will U wait 4 him 2 get a job (Thats not forthcoming) ??

Will marry him if he has a good plan for the future, regardless of how bad the present is. But really he should be a go getter.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 3:30am On Oct 31, 2006
@ nilla To be honest with you I do not know what daylight savings meant until yesterday.I was indoors all day on sunday and at exactly 4: 15 pm I came out to the bus station intending to go to the Lab but to my surprise the clock on the roof of the station was saying 3:15pm.I knew perfectly well that it my watch was correct as I had only reset it the night b4 with the BBC time service.However I also knew that a clock in the station that was used to monitor the routin of buses can not be wrong.I said to myself sth must be going on here.I kept thinking about it until I could not anymore.It was not until I asked that I was told what was happening undecided undecided undecided Na wa for me O! I be proper Bush man! grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by chiluvGod8(f): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2006
Uche2nna

Don't feel bad. It is only the US that uses daylights savings time.
When my husband first came to US he did the same thing. The people here will laugh but it's only because they are inexposed to other cultures. It wasn't until I met my husband that I found out that other countries didn't use daylight savings time and I've completed my coursework at two universities. smiley

So as organized as US is, you will find that it is not at all civilized. The way I see it, Nigeria is civilized but not neccessarily organized. America is organized but the people are not civilized. So don't feel like a bush man.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2006
Now remember America is a comglamorate country of hundreds of nationalities. So for you to generalise and make such a statement I do believe is not only bias but also inaccurate.
Yes there are hundreds if not thousands of uncivilised human beings born and/or residing here, but same goes for other parts of the world.
One must be mindful of one's format of criticisms; it can warrant unnecessary and unpleasant responses.

Uche, I was the one who alerted you to daylight savings time, not nilla. BTW, take it easy. I fell asleep monday morning myself. Arrived at work an hour later, Boss wasn't too pleased, and so was I.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2006
lol

i was begining to wonder too.

its alright Uche you no be bush man.
i even forget to change my time. thanks to cellphones thats what reminded me.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Bossman(m): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2006
I would just like to mention that both Western Europe, some parts of Central/eastern Europe, and Australia also use DST. In UK, spain, etc. for example, they change the time the same time we do.

More info for those interested.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dstevents.html

chiluvGod8:

Uche2nna

Don't feel bad. It is only the US that uses daylights savings time.
When my husband first came to US he did the same thing. The people here will laugh but it's only because they are inexposed to other cultures. It wasn't until I met my husband that I found out that other countries didn't use daylight savings time and I've completed my coursework at two universities. smiley

Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by neelsel(f): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2006
Thank you Bossman for the insight,
I honestly believe that if we read a little more we would not make statements that would otherwise question our so-called intelligence,
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2006
Sorry for the typo neelsel.i guess my fingers were running faster than my brain could direct it. Thanks for drawing my attention to the Daylight saving stuff.
neelsel:

Now remember America is a comglamorate country of hundreds of nationalities. So for you to generalise and make such a statement I do believe is not only bias but also inaccurate.
Yes there are hundreds if not thousands of uncivilised human beings born and/or residing here, but same goes for other parts of the world.
One must be mindful of one's format of criticisms; it can warrant unnecessary and unpleasant responses.

Uche, I was the one who alerted you to daylight savings time, not nilla. BTW, take it easy. I fell asleep monday morning myself. Arrived at work an hour later, Boss wasn't too pleased, and so was I.
@ nilla Thanks also for making me feel less like bush man grin grin I thot ( and probably still think) that i am one hell of a dumbo grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:13am On Nov 01, 2006
no your not grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 12:15am On Nov 01, 2006
Great!
How r u doing nilla
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:16am On Nov 01, 2006
i dey kampe. working overtime
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 12:17am On Nov 01, 2006
Almost everybody is sad sad
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by lauryn(f): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2006
good. U need it!  now get back to work!
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2006
i go beat this lauryn pikin oh tongue
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by lauryn(f): 12:19am On Nov 01, 2006
liver let U! grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2006
ok lets find some offtopic elsewhere we are derailing this thread.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by lauryn(f): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2006
i send?. So will U marry a poor, jobless dude?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:22am On Nov 01, 2006
if he has solid plans for the future. not just plans but ways of implementing or achieving them. if not bye bye.
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by lauryn(f): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2006
hmmm, interesting
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2006
:d
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2006
@Nilla Hey u are not only derailing this thread u are also disrupting the cuddly cuddly chit chat I am having with my wife. She does not allow me to do this often ,you know! grin grin
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by lauryn(f): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2006
well, would i marry one? not sure and dont think so
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:25am On Nov 01, 2006
ok thats fine

no be by force.

what is good for A is not necessarily good for B
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by Uche2nna(m): 12:25am On Nov 01, 2006
@ nilla So u r incapable of making ya own plans and just waiting for a man to make them for you, abi?
Re: Ladies: Will You Marry A Poor, Jobless Man? by nilla(f): 12:25am On Nov 01, 2006
where did that come from.
did any of my statements above imply that

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

True Love Sex Story / Love you guys / Are You Enjoying Your Present Relationship Or Managing It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.