Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? (37549 Views)

If Any Man I'm Dating Gets Broke, I'll Leave The Relationship- Lady (Video) / This Is the Naughty Girl I'm Sleeping With This Night — Pics To Be Deleted Soon / I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Swagtrills(m): 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
No, move off.... John
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
Just count your loss and move on,.... it’s obvious she doesn’t care about you, if your story is actually real
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by CzarChris(m): 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
londonbanks:
It's not just the fact that she forgot, it's that she's not invested in what we have. I've taken her out on a couple of dates where the majority of the time she was on her phone and not being receptive to my feelings even though I asked her politely to put it away.

Whenever she wants something from me she uses words like "baby" but soons as I send her money it's crickets from then on. Anytime I text her during the day to see how her day is she doesnt reply back and even when she does its "good" or "okay", quick short answers and doesnt reciprocate by asking about mines.

The birthday was the last straw because I had texted her few days ago and she completely ignored me until the day after apologising but only because hers is coming up in a few weeks and probably doesnt want to burn that bridge. She'll forget my birthday but will post on her stories constantly about other people wishing them theirs. It's clear at this point that she's been using me for money and doesn't care about me. Its always the ones you least expect.

Anyways I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this, your input will be greatly appreciated.
Please sir, how do you like your thunder? Brand New? Fairly Used? Nigerian used? international standard? or locally manufactured(I have in stock the thunder of good local manufacturers called different names in different cultures).

What the hell is this? Do you need a soothsayer to tell you that you are an organic ATM?

Guy quit simping!
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by jelel6: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
Mhen, you should know when you're being used. I can't even fathom how a grown up would be asking what to do when the writings is on the wall.

You should be even happy that she's giving you clear signals she doesn't regard you as much as you'd like her to, thank your stars and move the fuvckkk on. Jeez.

If you want my isolated opinions on yours and everybody else's birthdays, here it is...

(Every body get watin dey worry am. My birth date is just another day for me. Most times, I don't even remember when it comes.

I don't think I've said happy birthday to people more than 5 separate occasions in my lifetime.)

1 Like

Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Toearn: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
Most nigerian girls needs money these days more than men
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by fataiiyo(m): 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
You are still asking ?
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
superCleanworks:

Guy. Na emotion manipulation demon you carry as babe. Sorry for you.
Next thing she will call you a nagging & complaining guy. She will slowly turn you to her emotional puppet.

Let me tell u. You think it is about money? She will behave the same weda u have money or not. It is the nature of such selfish women who think the world is only about them.

U r in exam hall and you want to spend all your time on question 1A when there are many others that are easier abi u wan fail?

She is not the one she is invested in. Those English too many, she get who she dey die for
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Christian07(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
jubundi:
Bruh , Dont just move on ohhh. My advice is this. To really get back at her, go and find one of her close friends and date her. That thing dey pain ladies I swear grin grin grin

Baba go still fuckup how you go go on a date with a girl she go jst dey focus on er phone you dey whine me ni

Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by litaninja(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
You still dey ask queshion for ere??

londonbanks:
It's not just the fact that she forgot, it's that she's not invested in what we have. I've taken her out on a couple of dates where the majority of the time she was on her phone and not being receptive to my feelings even though I asked her politely to put it away.

Whenever she wants something from me she uses words like "baby" but soons as I send her money it's crickets from then on. Anytime I text her during the day to see how her day is she doesnt reply back and even when she does its "good" or "okay", quick short answers and doesnt reciprocate by asking about mines.

The birthday was the last straw because I had texted her few days ago and she completely ignored me until the day after apologising but only because hers is coming up in a few weeks and probably doesnt want to burn that bridge. She'll forget my birthday but will post on her stories constantly about other people wishing them theirs. It's clear at this point that she's been using me for money and doesn't care about me. Its always the ones you least expect.

Anyways I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this, your input will be greatly appreciated.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by londonbanks(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2021
bigcee:
I just dont know what is wrong with you. It's clear she is not into you. Let her go pls and save yourself from that monster you call a girlfriend. People like you no dey listen at all. I pity you sha. You'll learn the hard way.

I had already made up my mind when i wrote this i just wanted to get other people's viewpoint. Clearly she was using me but i ignored the red flags because i wanted to overlook past her many flaws and see if there was some good in her but there wasn't. Even wishing me happy birthday is too much of an inconvenience for her

3 Likes

Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by MrMacinterchi1: 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
AsapTeddy:
You forgot the two major rules of dating: He who invests less is the one in control...and Never reward a girl who is not invested in the relationship.

You have become predictable to her.

Ditch the girl..and move on. Dont do anything for her on her birthday.

supported.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by blessudu1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
Now that u have realised that Nigeria girls are not worth dying for... Perhaps if u have to love lets the love be for ur mother, and ur mother alone shall u love
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Alaigbopress: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Many Girls are like this that is why as a guy don't even claim to be a good man thinking girls are moved by ur gentleness. I am a bad boy and I let any girl I will date know about it, You eat my money and I will Bleep the hell out of ur Pu**y that day if you want us to continue the next day it is in ur hand if you pick up I will pick up ur friend. Girls are just one kind they have up to five boys they date at the same time. So no need building emotions or falling in love with someone who don't even know you exist. Don't be a Mugu be the real niggar.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Saig: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
londonbanks:

Obviously seems she doesn't love you. just using you to catch cruise. Move bro
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by MrMacinterchi1: 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
omaclarry:
Bros let me help you: Call her, tell her how bad u felt, accept her apology, continue showing her love, plan her upcoming birthday, be the major sponsor, tell her you hav everytin sorted out for the d-day, help her invite friends even make enquiries for lounge to use.. make her happy.

on that day call ur guys, fyn better noisy bar hangout with them put ur phone for silence and allow the universe fight for you.

Most times you dont need to show ur pain and retaliate immidiately cos she will already be prepared for ur worse, but follow my advice nd watch her pain
Aah A-ah! Oga, na weti? Nawa o.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by chaloskyx: 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
LOL NOPE CONTINUE INVESTING CAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ANY OTHER JOB TO DO IN THIS LIFE THAN TO BE WASTING YOUR TIME SPENDING ON A GIRL HOPING SHE NOTICES YOU OR FALLS FOR YOU YOU BETTER GET YOURSELF TOGETHER AND LEAVE THAT RELATIONSHIP THE PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES OF THIS WORLD IS MORE THAN ANY GIRL
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by FunkyJustice(m): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
londonbanks:

You know i use to doubt the potency of charms but as time goes on and with what i now read people confess about themselves then it's obvious that charms exist and a lot women invest in it to hypnotize their boyfriends and husbands,, else how do we define the fact that someone is going down sinking and still don't know ? it can't be love,,how you go dey for water soap dey enter your eyes?
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2021
londonbanks:

You don't need anyone to tell you to move on. If you are finding it hard to do so, Make use of your block and delete button. Especially if you done have her number stored in your memory.
Don't you ever, give such a person be it male of female the opportunity to be your friend.
You've been dating yourself all this while, don't even add her to your X list cos she wasn't dating you.
But if you feel you can't breath or can't find any other person that can reciprocate your love, keep wasting it on her bit don't call her on her birthday. Make sure you view her status that day without saying a word. If she calls you don't pick and don't allow how BABY you into sending her anything.
Grow up
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by SPOLO(m): 5:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
For asking this kind of questions e be like say she don use jazzz on u
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
SmellySperm:
them no dey force cow make e drink water...

I once dated her kind, only difference between me and you is that you are a Simp and I'm not wink coz i never spent on her,she was so pained to see me spend on my OGs.
Obviously, Nigerian girls don't appreciate good guys. Ditch the tot and move on bro
You dickheads with this your NIGERIAN GIRLS mentality. Is that you dates all Nigerian girl or you are just dumb to know that all Nigerian girls can't be like your passed girls. When you attract the same kind of girls, try and reexamine yourself maybe you are the problem.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
lucky999:
stop expecting love from a woman who is not your mother. stop seeing girls as something so special.
beautiful woman is another man play thing..
just call her and ask her why she forget your birthday, expect nonsense excuse from her, smile. if you need s3x invite her, if she ask for me if you no get tell her you no get. if she stop giving you s3x leave her and move!

we move!
Did the OP tell you that his problem is SEX.
Sex, sex,sex as if it will give him what he wants.
What he needs from her is love and not sex and since she doesn't have the love to give him, he should move on. He can have sex with anything out there but it won't give him what he wants.

3 Likes

Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by ngadaAwo: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
AsapTeddy:
Which kind simp be this....
as in ehhh

bloody simp
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by AnanseK(m): 5:20pm On Mar 28, 2021
Birthday and such anniversaries are women things. So is the nagging you are doing now. It is normal for me to forget my own birthday and that of everyone around me. But they know that I care about them and their well being.

Of course other issues can help you decide whether you are being used as personal ATM. But not birthday.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2021
You are a mugu for waiting
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by jaxxy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
londonbanks:

I see 3 possibilities here.

She’s not into u bt into the money to get by

She’s afraid to commit, sacred of a serious relationship tho into 1 with u

She not dating only u. Has 1 or more other persons and not really committed to any.

Let her to go show her tough love cos even when just casually dating gals still remember their guys bday and respond well to chats. Ure been taken for granted cos u don’t demand certain things u shud. She sees u as a pushover guy. Some casual relationships are like that were nobody really cares. undecided
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Agbebakun22: 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2021
U are dating ur self bro

Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by habsydiamond(m): 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
londonbanks:

You don't understand, this girl had been ignoring my calls, texts and treating me like i was disposable leading up to my birthday. Its not so much about the day its an indication of where i stand with her. If i had done even half of the things that she had done to me we wouldnt even be still together. So what, I'm supposed to just let her walk all over me, treat me like shit, manipulate me for financial gain because thats what a real man is supposed to take from a women ? My parents would never do what she did to me so dont drag them into it. Relationship involves mutual and reciprocal actions, its 50/50, its give and take. Life is too short, i'm not gonna waste my time and money chasing someone who dont feel the same way about me emotionally just so i can feel like a man by society's standards. You wouldnt put up with it for as long as i have.
bro i said its my bad.... I didn't read b4 commenting at first but after going through ur write up, I noticed the lady in question maybe ur girlfriend but she doesn't love u.... It's better u stop over looking things when it comes to women b4 they will take u for what u are not.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by MENTORCH(m): 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
Kriss216:
The time, money and energy you invested in a Nigerian girl would be best if you channel them in a poultry business!

There's nothing significant in dating a Nigerian girl. Allow sanity to reign in your life, stay away from Nigerian girls!

Lmao. Nigerian girls only care about your money. They don’t have time about you and your personality.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by razible5384(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
10thTenthMan:

Wisdom. Though I do not consider it only a Nigerian Girl Problem. You will not understand the level of wisdom in your statement. Or Perhaps you do.

IF ONLY OUR YOUNG MEN SPENT THIER TIME CHASING THEIR BUSINESS, CAREERS, VOCATION/TRADE, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, etc. Transmutate all this sexual energy into another worthwhile venture. IF ONLY THEY REALIZE THE FOLLY IN THIS OPPOSITE SEXGIRLFRIEND/LOVER THING. DO NOT BE TOO ATTACHED TO ANY HUMAN BEING. Especially a woman who adds no value to aspects of your life like Business, Career, Vocation, Skill Acquisition, Self Development, and LIFES PURPOSE.

TO ME ANY RELATIONSHIP THAT IS NOT LEADING TO MARRIAGE IS FOR SEXUAL PURPOSES. The so called WE ARE DATING. What the hell is DATING? Please you are simply enjoying each others sexuality. So, simply Enjoy it. Why spend time, effort, heartbreak, money, energy etc on such a useless relationship? Have the sex and quickly go back to focusing on yourself. Go back to chasing your life's purpose. Or you avoid it and fully focus.

PLEASE TO ANY LISTENING YOUNG GUN OUT THERE: Be not deceived:

1. Put yourself first. Yourself first and no one else.
2. Then focus on your dependents. Yes. Old/Aged Parents Relatives that cant work anymore.
3. Then focus on Young kids (relatives/kids of relatives) too young to cater for themselves.
4. Then think of the less priviledged in the society, etc.

IT IS AFTER ALL THESE ARE TAKEN CARE OF THAT YOU CAN ADD A WOMAN TO THE LIST of life's troubles.

And when you add a woman, be no deceived that she loves you for who you are. She loves you because of one selfish reason or another that suits her taste in a man. Just as you also see some selfish reasons that suit your taste in a woman. In the end, WE ARE USING EACH OTHER. SO BE WISE.
bro,ur words are so deep....
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by EBEk101(m): 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2021
londonbanks:

I had already made up my mind when i wrote this, i just wanted to get other people's opinion and perspective on the issue and if they've experienced something similar. Some of my friends had told me that i was being childish by moving on and that missing someone's birthday shouldnt be an indication that someone doesnt care about you. You think i enjoy going through this emotional rollercoaster Call me mumu and simp all you want, i deserve it. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. I had cut her off financially for a while and wanted to test her on my birthday to see if she truly cared about me and she failed

u already made up ur mind, then why bring it to ah public space
sometimes b ah man nd take ur own decision without people interfering with ur private life
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Jack005(m): 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2021
SMH! Some men sef. All these while you saw the signs and you kept giving her the benefits of doubts for months.. Lol, some guys sef deserves the girls they meet.. I'm glad you've learnt the hard way.
Re: This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? by Truthfulguy10: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
ersonleads:
I had an experience, was about dating a girl, she did not post my picture for my birthday on WhatsApp that day. she posted a guys picture wishing him happy birthday & when we talked later, she said she forgot....lol she nor know say I done delete am from my mind since. The thing wen make me vex na say she con talk say e done late that she will post my pics & wish me a birthday d next day...I just told her never she call my line again.she called & pleaded. uptil now she still dey beg. I nor get time for rubbish oo

Alpha male grin

U deserve a Bottle of champagne bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Harassed By A Lady Who Gave Her 'Green Light' On Facebook Cries Out (Photos) / Another Nairaland Wedding In The Offing / My Girlfriend Aborted My Pregnancy! Can I Get Her Arrested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.