Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady (57479 Views)

Is This Body Count Too Much For A 35 years Old Lady? / What Advice Do You Have For A 35 Year Old With No Job, No Skill, No Wife . / I Am A 35-Year-Old Single Guy. I Want To Build Small Estate Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by AfonjaConehead: 10:23am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

I am a young guy age 28 currently in my final year hoping to graduate this year by God's grace. Am in a relationship in with a gal I love so much and the love keeps growing day by the day.

She is 30 years old and just graduated this year but she is talking of waiting for me so we can serve together. The thing now is that I wish to get married to her but am not ready now. But she says she can wait for me if only I won't disappoint her.

Now am confused, if she waits for me for 5 years she would be 35 by then and am not sure if it's right getting married to someone 2 years older than me and someone at the age of 35 or above.. to add to it, she doesn't look her age, even if someone sees us, they won't believe she is my senior..

Pls am really confused, have never dated someone who understands me like she do.. Note: she never knew my age, she thought we were age mate cause of my voters card she saw which doesn't carry my real age.
Here you are, thinking about yourself only and not thinking about her who is a woman,clap for yourself o....

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by franchasng: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

I am a young guy age 28 currently in my final year hoping to graduate this year by God's grace. Am in a relationship in with a gal I love so much and the love keeps growing day by the day.

She is 30 years old and just graduated this year but she is talking of waiting for me so we can serve together. The thing now is that I wish to get married to her but am not ready now. But she says she can wait for me if only I won't disappoint her.

Now am confused, if she waits for me for 5 years she would be 35 by then and am not sure if it's right getting married to someone 2 years older than me and someone at the age of 35 or above.. to add to it, she doesn't look her age, even if someone sees us, they won't believe she is my senior..

Pls am really confused, have never dated someone who understands me like she do.. Note: she never knew my age, she thought we were age mate cause of my voters card she saw which doesn't carry my real age.
Best age to marry a Nigerian lady in our present time is 28yrs to 36yrs. At this age, a Nigerian lady becomes more rational in her thinking and lifestyle and she also becomes more valuable to her husband.

Marrying any girl below 28yrs, more especially girls of 25yrs and below is asking for trouble into your life. Girls of this age range are mostly parasites.....and their thinking is always irrational and selfish. They only think about what they will gain from a man and not what they can offer to a man aside sex. Their thoughts center around how to have fun, party, fashion, handsome boys with sagging boxers....so allow them to grow past this age range before you wife them if you want peace of mind.

I do usually pity guys marrying girls below 27yrs.

The only people that can marry girls below 25yrs and not have issue are men of 55yrs and above who are marrying them as second or third wives.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by ofoka: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Two of you are graduating 'late' compared to employment age of most organisations. This means you have to create you own jobs to earn income. This may take a little longer. I advise you discuss the eventualities with her so that non of you breaks the other when the realities being to unvail

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by sigiyaya112: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

My wife is 4 years older than me and I never regretted marrying her because i love her.

9 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by donnie(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

It's not really about whether she is older than you but whether you're interested in having children.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by KingLennon(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

A person who is deceiving someone knows he is deceiving the person: It is the deceived person who doesn't know... Don't promise her marriage when you know you won't marry her. There's a repercussion...Gal 6:7

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by oluwasegun007(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2021
This nigga is not serious

1 Like

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by A305: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Forget about marriage, keep her at arms length while you focus on your goals. Do not promise her marriage as this situation is dicey and one way street for her, meaning; you are her last hope to escaping the spinsterhood with her depreciating sexual market value.

Be honest and NEVER promise her false hope. Let her go do her youth service and not wait for you, she may get a job before you. That will help both of you. And when your service is due and done. You can join her in the labour market or set yourself up and learn to acccomodate each other with little finance before you both start discussing marriage.

Do not rush into unforeseen mistakes because of age related issues and unverificable love. Trust me, you might get married without money and inevitably get tossed aside the minute you fail to provide as a man and then you will begin to wonder where is the love she has for you?

If push comes to shove, meaning she has a better frame than you or control strategy over you. Get her pregnant and make her your loyal baby mama. But be responsible and always provide the little you can.

The point is avoid marriage when you not financially bouyant.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by whirlwind7(m): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:

please I need advice.

Am a young guy age 28 currently in my final year hoping to graduate this year by God's grace. Am in a relationship in with a gal I love so much and the love keeps growing day by the day. She is 30 years old and just graduated this year but she is talking of waiting for me so we can serve together. The thing now is that I wish to get married to her but am not ready now. But she says she can wait for me if only I won't disappoint her. Now am confuse, if she waits for me for 5 years she would be 35 by then and am not sure if it's right getting married to someone 2 years older than me and someone at the age of 35 or above.. to add to it, she doesn't look her age, even if someone sees us, there won't believe she is my senior.. pls am really confused, have never dated someone who understands me like she do.. Note: she never knew my age, she thought we were age mate cause of my voters card she saw which doesn't carry my real age..

You may not take this advice seriously because it hasn't got anything to do with your post, but I'll say it anyway.
The first word I saw when I wanted to read your post was "Am"
As someone who passed through primary and high school, and has already spent a number of years in a university or polytechnic, this shows poor learning.
Your language of instructions throughout your schooling was English, right?
You ought to have learned the difference between "Am" and "I'm"

Don't be one of those who give the excuse that English isn't their mother tongue, because such people can't even write or read in their native language if they couldn't comprehend a language they used (English) all through their school years.

So, instead of using "am", the proper thing to write is "I am". "I'm" is the short form of "I am"
"Am" does not stand alone. It is not proper.

Finally, to your dilemma. You claim you love the lady, and she has decided to wait for you, despite the age difference. She being a woman knows her biological clock is ticking, but is ready to wait. Means she has more to lose, right?

So, you lose nothing by going along with her. Just take the added precaution of letting some older and trusted members of your family and hers know what you two have decided. Let them know she promised to wait for you, and you didn't force her to make this decision.
This is just in case things don't work out, and she turns around to blame it on you for wasting her time. Women can be fickle like that.

If she is worth the wait, reward her patience by being true to her.

I'm a few years older than my wife. We met in the university, and even though we both had time on our side, I felt some pressure because suitors were bombarding her and her family on the daily.

After she kept trying to persuade me to go meet her family, I sat her down and looked her in the eyes and told her, she will have to give me X number of years to put my acts together. We were both fresh graduates (we graduated same time) and waiting for NYSC call up.
Told her after 1 year NYSC, I need to be employed, get my own apartment, and be financially stable before I get married. If she feels she can't wait for that number of years I asked for, then she can go get married to anyone of the dozens of men forming a queue in front of her father's house. And I would try to not let her decision piss me off grin

Next came her emotional blackmails with endless weeping: that I don't love her as I claimed, that i want her out of my life, bla bla and more bla grin
Bottom line, she was willing to wait, but was scared that while waiting, another chic could capture my heart. undecided
Her parents were also on her neck because the queue of suitors was getting longer, and they are getting tired from entertaining so many suitors, and time waits for no one, not even for the hottest spinster in town.

Long story short, we got married, but a little beyond the time I gave her. Things don't always go according to plan, but if both of you work towards a shared goal, nothing is impossible.
The age difference is no issue.
Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by Mightyhaiz: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Age na number

but i no support waiting for 5 years

marry her widin a year from now

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by BREYZ: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

Nairaland and relationships don tire me
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by frozen70(f): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:

please I need advice.

Am a young guy age 28 currently in my final year hoping to graduate this year by God's grace. Am in a relationship in with a gal I love so much and the love keeps growing day by the day. She is 30 years old and just graduated this year but she is talking of waiting for me so we can serve together. The thing now is that I wish to get married to her but am not ready now. But she says she can wait for me if only I won't disappoint her. Now am confuse, if she waits for me for 5 years she would be 35 by then and am not sure if it's right getting married to someone 2 years older than me and someone at the age of 35 or above.. to add to it, she doesn't look her age, even if someone sees us, there won't believe she is my senior.. pls am really confused, have never dated someone who understands me like she do.. Note: she never knew my age, she thought we were age mate cause of my voters card she saw which doesn't carry my real age..

If you think both of you can raise a home despite the economic challenges, you can go ahead so far she will endure with you

If you know that you can't cope now, just free her met her go her way

You will definitely get another woman and teach her how to understand you

Marriage is not like friendship

You can't keep her for another five years and probably with abortion then you will tell her at the end that it won't work out

You may remain unstable for dropping her at that stage

A woman is not something you will keep one place with out her bearing children or raising children

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by illicit(m): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2021
She will get older quicker than u tho

How about that

1 Like

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by saintmm(m): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2021
it is well with you. your sincerity is good. there are some good lovebirds that are circumstancially never meant to be together, yours may be one of them. my concern is for you and not the girl. cos except you meet someone like her later in life, that lady you just marry may be unfortunate.
if you really love her, let her go cos of her age. it will give you peace, but if she will be yours things will work out earlier than you both imagine and you will still reunite.
Note: there is no formula for life, what works for a may not work for b; given the same time and situation. so, be yourself through it all.

I rise

1 Like

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2021
demmymoney:
Dump the bitch

U are still in ur 20s for bleeps sake why wud u b in an exclusive relationship with the opposite sex in ur 20s and the foolish thing is this one has already hit the wall. Guy don't u know ur value or are u dumb!!!

U should make yourself ur mental point of origin. Focus on ur goals and spin plates. Don't have onetitis for that bitch nahh jeeezzz
As bitter as it sound, this might just be what you need but avoid the spinning plates of a thing o, e no too funny if you cast..
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by MufasaLion: 10:29am On Apr 10, 2021
sigiyaya112:
My wife is 4 years older than me and I never regretted marrying her because i love her.

Real Man!

1 Like

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by womenareapes1: 10:30am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

oga leave that old woman
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by BRATISLAVA: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2021
Romanoff:
If you know she'd be too old for you when you're ready to marry, please tell her to move on to a guy that's ready.

No use your reggae spoil her Fuji.

The way men reason.

He can date her and further waste her time so that she's older, then in the next 5 years he feels she will be ancient so he won't want to marry her then.

Why wasting her time? Later he will say she was desperate for marriage. He knows it, yet he wants to play her around.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by Machinegun91(m): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2021
foolish people
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by Sivou1(m): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2021
First thing is for you to tell her your real age, you can't love someone and keep decieving the person. Secondly age is just a number, do you love her? Are you guys compatible? Do you share almost same value? These are more important than age, 2 years difference is not bad if she is ok with it as well. In fact I have been married for 10 years now and my wife is 4 years older than me. We got married when she was 35 years, so I do not see age as barrier in relationship as far as the parties involved are cool with it.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2021
Cutehector:
The best ladies to date are older ladies, the younger ones are just witches.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by Ugandatales: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

Please tell her your real age. Start from there. After you tell her your real age, create another topic and tell us how she reacted.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by leksymaxy(m): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2021
Bro dont allow society to determine your future, i was 25yrs when i started dating my girlfriend who is now my wife and she was 30years then, we got married when i clocked 30yrs and she was 35yrs. Bro i am glad i got married to her because she is everything i want in a woman, she helped me to secured job after school and also gave me beautiful kids, she respected me so much and care for me. Bro pls if you know you will marry her, pls go ahead and stay with her, see all these older females they understand what a man wants and will make you happy no matter what, so go ahead and follow your heart

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by Otasikwe(m): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2021
The true is dat u don kivam belle dat, s way u try runaway from d innocent aunty you a wicked human
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by CsRockefeller(m): 10:38am On Apr 10, 2021
Wahala! grin
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by eripecs(f): 10:38am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

At 28, you're old enough to marry and start your own home. Tell her your age and see her reaction. If it doesn't bother her, plan your marriage immediately after or during NYSC. Age is a figure. Women with good stature will ever look young even at old age. What are you waiting for 5 years for?

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by Tedpgrass: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2021
Womanizer:

Oyibo rékpèté grin

True minister for women affairs

How is the ministry running, sir??

1 Like

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by labelle123(f): 10:39am On Apr 10, 2021
At 35 you will hear sth like I want to know God the more

Let her be biko
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by CSTRR: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by saajus: 10:40am On Apr 10, 2021
Cut her off now if 35 will be too old for you. Now that your mind is even shaking, it shows the love is not very strong. So, you will even be more confused when that time comes.

Let me advise you. If you love her and the love is mutual, do a simple court marriage after your final exams. Cut her off now if you won't that. Reading your state of mind, there is an 80% chance that you won't marry if she waits for you. Life issues will come, you will meet different some early 20s ladies along the line. Please, don't waste her time, let her go now if you won't show a commitment. Show a commitment by doing a simple court wedding and introduction. You guys don't need to have children now but a commitment will help you focus and give her a rest of mind.
Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:40am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

Typical Nigerians reduce their age, this one increased his. What an irony

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A 35-Year-Old Lady by deavicky(m): 10:40am On Apr 10, 2021
Eval123:
Please I need advice.

you should have considered all this ur arithmetic before starting the relationship in the first place.
Secondly, asking this question here today shows that u do not love her as claimed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Donates His Girlfriend’s Belongings To Charity After He Caught Her Cheating / After My Neighbour’s Hubby Went Down On Me, I’m Wondering If I Was Used / Groom Converts From Christianity To Islam For His Bride (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.