Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" (730 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me"

John 3:16 (KJV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 (KJV)

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

According to these sayings of Jesus, "believing is Him" is what makes a man not to be perish but to have eternal life, hence it is essential for anyone as that's what determines who perishes or not and who has eternal life.

However because belief is a vague word, it has resulted led to misinterpretations of what Jesus actually meant by that word, and that has made many Christians who "believed in Him" to still perish and end up in hell, because they "believed in Him", by their own interpretation, not His!

Hence it makes it very essential for Christians to be taught what Jesus actually meant by that phrase, so that they wouldn't find themselves "believing in Him" and yet perishing as the many who have.

So here's Jesus' interpretation of what it really means to believe in Him:

John 8:30-31 (KJV)

As he spake these words, many believed on him.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Hence it means to keep His Words for that's what makes anyone to be truly saved and His disciple indeed. It means that anyone who claims to believe in Him but doesn't keep His Word is not truly saved and a false disciple.

Those people who were said to have believed in Him in that passage did so with the same wrong interpretation of that saying as many Christians do, hence the same people who "believed in Him", wanted to stone Him at the end because of His Words, because they didn't truly believe in Him as Jesus interpreted the "believing in Him" to be.

John 8:59 (KJV)

Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

I believe they're no different from many Christians who claim to believe in Jesus today, yet have no true regard for Him or His Words, so if Jesus were here today, it wouldn't be surprising if they also tried to stone Him because of His Words.

But since He's not here in person for His Words to expose the falsehood of their belief in Him as it did the ones in the passage, they remain blind to it until they find themselves cast into hell, because they never truly believed in Him in the first place.

The Words of Jesus is enough for the wise.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by obi4eze(m): 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
I believe in Jesus. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins.

Jesus! Saviour! Soon-coming King. I believe in You.

2 Likes

Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by Haryhomyidhey(f): 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
True talk o. Thanks for posting, we need people like you these days. God bless you and keep you. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by Haryhomyidhey(f): 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
obi4eze:
I believe in Jesus. I believe that He is the Son of God. I believe that He died for my sins.

Jesus! Saviour! Soon-coming King. I believe in You.
Yes, my king would soon come and we all have to prepare just like we thighten our seat belt when the plane is about to take off. May we all make heaven in JESUS name.

1 Like

Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by obi4eze(m): 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
Haryhomyidhey:
Yes, my king would soon come and we all have to prepare just like we thighten our seat belt when the plane is about to take off. May we all make heaven in JESUS name.

Yes o! God help us.
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2021
Haryhomyidhey:
True talk o. Thanks for posting, we need people like you these days. God bless you and keep you. Thanks.
Amen!

Thanks and God bless you too.
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by chatinent: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
I believe they're no different from many Christians who claim to believe in Jesus today, yet have no true regard for Him or His Words, so if Jesus were here today, it wouldn't be surprising if they also tried to stone Him because of His Words.

Exactly, especially people claiming to be Jesus Junior.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by Bishopkingsley(m): 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
chatinent:

He does not know the commandment

Don't use the name of your lord God in vain

Bearing J"junior will make people to start using God's name in vain... Example when they write that name and abuse him or call him and argue with him

1 Like

Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by chatinent: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

He does not know the commandment

Don't use the name of your lord God in vain

Bearing J"junior will make people to start using God's name in vain... Example when they write that name and abuse him or call him and argue with him

Ok.
Thanks for your input but Jesus is not God.
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2021
chatinent:

Ok.
Thanks for your input but Jesus is not God.

The Devils children hates when people say Jesus is God or
holy spirit is God

But the devils children accept
the father of Jesus is God
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:20am On Jul 03, 2021
chatinent:

You have no regard for Jesus, call Him Angel Micheal among other Antichrist' things you do, yet you're worried about jesusjnr.

Is that not hypocrisy?
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by Haryhomyidhey(f): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Amen!
Thanks and God bless you too.
Amen

1 Like

Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:40am On Jul 16, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:38am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:16am On Jul 20, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2021
Re: What Jesus Means Whenever He Says "Believe In Me" by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Simple Meaning Of Grace (very Important) / Pastor Adeboye Ignores Vaccines But Prefer Prayer Worriors To Fight Covid-19 / Jesus Of Nazareth Proved To Be The Promised Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.