Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,487 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage (39639 Views)

This Is Why Men Who Consider Marriage In This Age Are Very Stupid!!! [photo] / Men Who Consider Marriage In This Age Will Surely End Up Like This!! [photo] / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
You can quantify in naira and kobo aspect ya sef.
Here is the clue:

First,You have to mature manhood to the stature and be spiritually prepared to keep on

Second,on material side:
Have the money for at least a one room self in secured and serene Location and utilities bills;

Have the money for both weddings at least

Have the money for monthly home accessories, food,med and clothings for two

Have the money for antenatal and postnatal ,if one or more newborn person(s) is joning you

Have the money for fertility treatment (in million based on oyibo med)

Have the money for exigencies ocasion from family of wife side or the husband side etc. grin
ABOVE ALL MARRIGE IS SWEETEST WITH HUSBAND WIFE AND CHILDREN. grin THIS IS THE REALITY OF LIFE

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by SonofGod231: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
If you can't afford a Dubai,Paris,Miami, Niagara kind of honeymoon...My friend, go and hustle ohh.... Advice no be curse.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Chinny024(f): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:

cool

Depending on who you are marrying... State civil servants, teachers , bike men all earn bellow 100k and have wife

Go and check how they suffer down to their health...Kids in refurbished school...During maternity, the wife suffers and still stresses to make ends meet even at the point of delivery due to poor financial support.

Some lose their lives due to anemia or complications in low key hospitals. Alot of those women dies when issues of emergency CS of 600k plus or minus that's being charged in a teaching hospital and 800k in good privates due to cost of fuel and running cost of hospitals...

In other to have a natural cheap delivery, wombs are being ruptured at home or maternity homes by quack auxiliary nurses who at some point don't know their limits..

In summary, an average Nigerian shouldn't rush to marry if you are not financially capable or comfortable a bit...

The economy is not smiling on anyone.

Lets not glorify nonsense pls.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by talented321: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Taking responsibility as a man na less, but if u bring anyhow plan my man we go divide the expenses, beside 3m and 2m are not equal, and my answer is for that banny
Akwamkpuruamu:

You are not serious Sir! Marriage is no jokes and not a bill splitting stuff. You got to foot the bills as a amn and not on an equal shared basis. That's where your authority and control stems from and Rooted in
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Phyde: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Reading....
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Britishcoins(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
I earn at least 500k monthly and live in my own house but marriage is not yet in my mind.. I will be 32 by April... So any sensible man should atleast earns 300k before marriage but if you have good business that earn u at least 20k daily you can marry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by nkemjacob2(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ahmed0336:

You're right. But you forgot to include location.

Most importantly is the type of woman you're marrying and your location.
A person on 30k per month in kebbi can manage, but same can't be said about a new couple in Owerri or PH.
right now no where in Nigeria can 30k be enough for u

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by nkemjacob2(m): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Least I can mention is 100k
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by EdiskyHarry: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
300k if your wife is responsible.
1 billion if your wife is jobless.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by MaverickA3: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
I'm even afraid to start a relationship. Not to talk of marriage

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by AmazingELixir: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
lipsrsealed

How can any family man survive on N50k or N100k monthly salary in this current Nigeria.
Before now I give madam N100k monthly for feeding a family of 3 and she complains its hardly enough.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by efembaba(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Whatever amount you mention, you must add location in Nigeria with it for it to make any sense.

Mentioning a general amount to apply to everywhere in Nigeria just doesn't make any sense.
Nigeria is different from "Nigeria" abeg.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:
Hello people here's a quick question

Considering the importance of finance in marriage, what should a man be making monthly before considering marriage in Nigeria, someone said 50k but based on the economic reality in the country, 50,000 is too small to sustain a home.

I believe a minimum of 100k per month is a enough to take care of a matrimonial home with just one child and this also depends on your location.

I might be wrong or right, so over to you what's your opinion on this topic!
I doubt if even 50k will be enough to live comfortably in a village. 100k won't even be enough to live a reasonable life in cosmopolitan areas as a bachelor sef.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Solsix(m): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Magnoliaa:
#5,000,000.
How much are you earning??
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by adeboizy11(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
100k wey i dey collect wey nor reach anything. Just dey play o

Edizzy:
Hello people here's a quick question

Considering the importance of finance in marriage, what should a man be making monthly before considering marriage in Nigeria, someone said 50k but based on the economic reality in the country, 50,000 is too small to sustain a home.

I believe a minimum of 100k per month is a enough to take care of a matrimonial home with just one child and this also depends on your location.

I might be wrong or right, so over to you what's your opinion on this topic!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by nedekid: 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
2 full tank in a week is 100k. In a month 400k. Just on one vehicle. Go figure out.
Nigerians are just living on cruise now. Salary or fixed income does not survive anyone. It is by miracle folks are existing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by xynerise: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Depending on the standard you have placed yourself

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by akube34: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
b3llo:
If you have a wife who is healthy and live in your house, 50k is enough with enough of prudence being applied. Another factor to consider is the proximity of your working or business place.
una funny oooo. With 50k you can marry, even with 20k you can marry but na suffer marriage. Do u guys consider fuel subsidies and how it has affected everything?
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by wizelink(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
N5mil
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by sherylbaky(f): 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
Thank you dear, 'cause I'm thinking if we are all in the same country with the comments i'm reading here.

I just guess most of those making comments are yet to be independent. 'Cause taking care of your own responsibilities alone these days go shock you
nkemjacob2:
right now no where in Nigeria can 30k be enough for u
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Lookingback: 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Bakrabas:

You're very correct

I'm an accounting officer and proudly cabs owner .

I've friends that travelled out recently, they're also cabs owners and driver.

Some bankers can't withstand these guys

You are so right my bro, I too am a keke hustler,with the proceed of my keke, I have processed my Study visa to Canada, and am leaving by August.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by AgentGoat: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
Rich4god:
You should earn at least 180k and above so that you can leave a comfortable life without much stress.

And in this 180k, try and manage so that you can only spend 80k and save 100k.

With that savings, you can be having around 1M yearly which will help you to purchase properties and make investment.

Else, you will just be living your life daily without any meaningful progress.

I don't think you earn and spend. The rate at which inflation make things costly. 180k is nothing.

if a single man earning 180k can save 50k from the money we should clap for him. That means he is likely living a miserable life. No clothes, shoes or living in a good accommodation.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ashawoman82:
150k, that's if the wife to be also has a job that pays say 70_100k..
What if the wife earns 200k.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Savvy19: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
This generation of women don't worth the stress of marriage.... As a man make your money and enjoy your life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by phemmyfour: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:

cool

Depending on who you are marrying... State civil servants, teachers , bike men all earn bellow 100k and have wife

Nigeria economy isn't stable. You cannot put a minimum on it

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by OluwaEbuka1: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
Shey na for village where you will no pay house rent, utilities una go live abi na where?
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by unclejb2(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
b3llo:
If you have a wife who is healthy and live in your house, 50k is enough with enough of prudence being applied. Another factor to consider is the proximity of your working or business place.
suffer no dey tire you?
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

How can any family man survive on N50k or N100k monthly salary in this current Nigeria.
Before now I give madam N100k monthly for feeding a family of 3 and she complains its hardly enough.

She recently got elevated in her firm, ever since the way she spends buying all sort of drinks, beverages, Cloths, perfumes and all...I suspect she might even be earning more than me...atleast I'm glad she no longer ask me for money besides the monthly upkeep.
You are senseless and conscienceless for comparing yourself with other people. I am sure I earn x 5 of your salary Buh I can’t be bragging about that. 10 will do of you don’t have at all. I have beg for food and I knw what it is. If you are a man , don’t marry for love , marry a woman that will bring something to the table

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Aplaudez(m): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
Mightysomadina88:
how much do you earn?

Or better still, ask her how much her papa dey earn undecided
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by tolaade1960: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
It depends where you base. someone in Akure may need 100k while another person in Lagos may need 200k.
cost of living and lifestyle matter.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by isabi2lof: 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
Both should be earning up to 150k to 200k minimum, it also depends on the woman and your environment.

Cut your coat according to your available material.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by sherylbaky(f): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
Aside Lagos, Abuja and few part of Niger delta region where things are extremely expensive, you can do well in marriage with 180k in Nigeria of today [ at least you can start a family], provided your wife also work and earn something reasonable
AgentGoat:

I don't you earn and spend. The rate at which inflation make things costly. 180k is nothing.

if a single man earning 180k can save 50 from the money we should clap for him. That means he is likely living a miserable life. No clothes, shoes or living in a good accommodation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Ex Wants Me Back Because She Heard That I'm Now Employed / I Have 1 Boyfriend In 4 Years. Why I Don't Believe In Doing Runs - Nigerian Lady / Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.