Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage (39816 Views)

This Is Why Men Who Consider Marriage In This Age Are Very Stupid!!! [photo] / Men Who Consider Marriage In This Age Will Surely End Up Like This!! [photo] / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Caleb15(m): 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
This amount that this guy is stating, is it when buhari is in power or now that tinubu is there, in marriage no amount is enough, humanity is all that matters
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by djoe21(m): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Britishcoins:
I earn at least 500k monthly and live in my own house but marriage is not yet in my mind.. I will be 32 by April... So any sensible man should atleast earns 300k before marriage but if you have good business that earn u at least 20k daily you can marry

Is N20k daily not about N600k a month?
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Ashawoman82: 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
vickydevoka:

What if the wife earns 200k.
that's good then, if she's responsible
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
adeboizy11:
100k wey i dey collect wey nor reach anything. Just dey play o

No mind him jor
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by OmoGomesIlorin: 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
victory36:
250k for family of three, add extra 50k per additional individual and I am serious.

Family of three after wedding?
She them couple wan adopt pikin ne?
Even Labour Party na Mama, Papa and Pikin, where you get your own three me no understand
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by easzypeaszy(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
CartelKenneth:

This is fucking terrible. The children will not go to university abi?
average I said.
If u add 30 to 130k u get 160k.
Multiply the 30k for 18yrs by 12 u get 360k
So if u comot 60k for school fees.. U can gv the stdnts 20k monthly.
If na 2 students or 3 den u add 60k or 90k to the list of 120k
So family of 5 should earn average of 200k to 220k per mnth.
Dat is the analysis.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by olaniyilukman(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
diogo23:
All this depends on the woman you marry, No amount is big for a woman
God bless you for this bro, it depends on the woman he got married to, some woman are hell on earth and their mission is to frustrate your life with unending bills and besides if you married woman who loves fashion too much, be prepared to work till you die bro!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
sherylbaky:
Thank you dear, 'cause I'm thinking if we are all in the same country with the comments i'm reading here.

I just guess most of those making comments are yet to be independent. 'Cause taking care of your own responsibilities alone these days go shock you
A married man with kids, living in a cosmopolitan area in Nigeria and earning 100k salary monthly can never afford to be a responsible father to start with. These people saying 30k per month salary is enough wants to drag us back to the early 2000s.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
Mary a woman who has a job or business and delay child birth by about four years after marriage and you should be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by dododawa1: 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Not WORKING but has 3 wives
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
BiGVEEN58:
NO! Its not how much you are earning. Its who are you getting married to. lol

Finding a good partner is the first thing to consider before getting married.
You people always thing money will solve all your problems. Nah.
Both are important, getting married to the right person is as important as your ability to play your role as a spouse and a father. Except maybe you're referring to deadbeat dads sha.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by treatise: 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:
Hello people here's a quick question

Considering the importance of finance in marriage, what should a man be making monthly before considering marriage in Nigeria, someone said 50k but based on the economic reality in the country, 50,000 is too small to sustain a home.

I believe a minimum of 100k per month is a enough to take care of a matrimonial home with just one child and this also depends on your location.

I might be wrong or right, so over to you what's your opinion on this topic!
N500k monthly would not be enough if you marry a woman that is NOT resourceful and has entitlement mentality or uses sections in the scripture to vitiate your reasoning . Access a lady closely or remotely if her ways , reasoning , dispositions are consistent with that that assist you in actualizing your economic pursuits. Believe it or not , money largely plays a vital role in the success of any marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by CartelKenneth: 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
easzypeaszy:
average I said.
If u add 30 to 130k u get 160k.
Multiply the 30k for 18yrs by 12 u get 360k
So if u comot 60k for school fees.. U can gv the stdnts 20k monthly.
If na 2 students or 3 den u add 60k or 90k to the list of 120k
So family of 5 should earn average of 200k to 220k per mnth.
Dat is the analysis.

This one Na poverty family o
No be standard family🤮
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
sherylbaky:
If you find the good partner, won't you take care of her? undecided
He doesn't need to do that nor take care of his children according to that his comment. God forbid,I refuse to be a deadbeat dad.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by alamoht(m): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=Ireportlive post=123887986]

cool

Depending on who you are marrying... State civil servants, teachers , bike men all earn bellow 100k and have wife

They are among the 50 millions Nigerians living below standard.
You cannot compare the standard of living to those earning higher
I mean the responsible once ooo not wasters
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
CartelKenneth:

This is fucking terrible. The children will not go to university abi?
Talking about University is too much sef, dude didn't factor any provision for any school to start with be it creche or primary school.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Streetmovement(m): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

As much as I would love to put a figure to it but I would love you to also consider this;

If you like earn 7 figures if you make mistake go marry the wrong woman them go relegate you to 0 figures, it's not about the amount Op it's about how well what ever amount decided can be used well by both individuals to manage and sustain the home on a very very long run.

I don see person wey been dey earn 6 figures fall from that level to no levels after marriage, and I don also see person wey been dey on 0-1 figures turn Mr money after marriage.... I don't think there's a certain amount to be considered but from my opinion I would say never marry when you haven't sort out your life financially and when you do please do well to choose the right partner make you no go regret in a long run cuz even town fit turn to village for your eyes if you marry the wrong one.

That's why I said what I said above👆👆

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by gforce5: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
There are too many factors involved such as location, job, social status, lifestyle and the kind of partner involved. A man from upper class background has a different reality to that of someone from a working class background. People from privilege will be looking at things such as annual vacation, quality of schools, living in a very decent area etc. Men from humble backgrounds don't have that kind of reality/expectation. Overall, it would be ideal to earn a minimum of N180k if you live in the big cities and N80k in smaller cities.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by ISellBeer: 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:

Considering the importance of finance in marriage, what should a man be making monthly before considering marriage in Nigeria, someone said 50k but based on the economic reality in the country, 50,000 is too small to sustain a home.

I believe a minimum of 100k per month is a enough to take care of a matrimonial home with just one child and this also depends on your location.

Baba no think am at all.
100k no reach aswear
How much is pregnancare drugs that lasts for 28days during pregnancy?
Bills during Antenatal
House rent
Feeding
Baby things (bed, wardrobe, clothes, powder, drugs etc )
Diper is 8,500, 3 wipes is 2700 now and might last for 20days
Omo bill plenty ooooo just 100k will not do please

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by b3llo(m): 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
akube34:
una funny oooo. With 50k you can marry, even with 20k you can marry but na suffer marriage. Do u guys consider fuel subsidies and how it has affected everything?
no be everybody get machine or car
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by nass4real: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
Bike men are different o,they can realize 199k a week, depending on ability to work
Ireportlive:

cool

Depending on who you are marrying... State civil servants, teachers , bike men all earn bellow 100k and have wife

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by spiceadole: 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:

Depends on your social class and the woman you are marrying.

Nothing is fixed.

Many men in Nigeria earn less than 50k and are married with children

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Capernum: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
More than 50% of Nigerian couples are earning less than 100k, husband and wife combined o.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by dreamxhaser: 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
Omo e be like say na Lagos standard of living una dey use calculate.

Anyways, in Kaduna and Other northernern citites, 150k to 180k is enough.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by holybabayo(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
How much is director salary in civil service? How much is a teacher salary? How much is a police officer salary? How much is a soldier salary? My brothers and sisters, the people that are earning above 100k are blessed in the above categories.
Talk with sense. Complete your university and apply for jobs and good luck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by olamilarks(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
This over flogged topic!!
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by CartelKenneth: 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
Dybala11:

Talking about University is too much sef, dude didn't factor any provision for any school to start with be it creche or primary school.

Price of pampers a d cerelac alone sef for 3yrs is almost triple the total
Don’t listen to that guy he’s living an abject poverty
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by CartelKenneth: 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Dybala11:

How can you use of just 50K to raise a family it’s people like this who bring kids into this world to suffer
they will burn in the hottest part of hell full-time

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by zedegit: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:

Atleast average of #200 000 monthly will go a long way.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by zedegit: 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:

#100 000 monthly is barely enough for me. #200 000 will push the odds in my favour.

My greatest fear about marriage is not being able to carter for my family financially. It can resurrect see finish.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Judolisco(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
CartelKenneth:

maybe money for beer parlor,😂
d time wey enter Abuja.. I see money wey my uncle dey pay for children wey dey primary sch I shout
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
CartelKenneth:

How can you use of just 50K to raise a family it’s people like this who bring kids into this world to suffer
they will burn in the hottest part of hell full-time
I already know that he's either catching cruise or deceiving himself. Even a bachelor can't live a meaningful life with that 50k, not to talk of including a wife and children in the mix.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Will Never Get Married! / Hilarious Photo Showing That Not All That Glitters Is Gold / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.