Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage (39664 Views)

This Is Why Men Who Consider Marriage In This Age Are Very Stupid!!! [photo] / Men Who Consider Marriage In This Age Will Surely End Up Like This!! [photo] / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by zedegit: 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:

cool

Depending on who you are marrying... State civil servants, teachers , bike men all earn bellow 100k and have wife

It's not about having wife but being comfortable in that marriage.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by CartelKenneth: 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Dybala11:

I already know that he's either catching cruise or deceiving himself. Even a bachelor can't live a meaningful life with that 50k, not to talk of including a wife and children in the mix.

Maybe all of them go gather soak Harri morning afternoon and night
Like fuji house😂
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by samcolee(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
How come I'm seeing jobs of less than 50k and people are rushing it abi they are not married grin
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by CartelKenneth: 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
spiceadole:

Depends on your social class and the woman you are marrying.

Nothing is fixed.

Many men in Nigeria earn less than 50k and are married with children

That one concerns them
Do you want to be married with 50k?
Try it Na and see how SWEET life is
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Hammylawali: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:
Hello people here's a quick question

Considering the importance of finance in marriage, what should a man be making monthly before considering marriage in Nigeria, someone said 50k but based on the economic reality in the country, 50,000 is too small to sustain a home.

I believe a minimum of 100k per month is a enough to take care of a matrimonial home with just one child and this also depends on your location.

I might be wrong or right, so over to you what's your opinion on this topic!

It depends on the region…
1. Northern states 100k-180k you’re good..
2. Southern states 200k-240k you’re good..

*Southwest & Abuja* 350k-700k you ll survive..
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Cromagnon: 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ahmed0336:

You're right. But you forgot to include location.

Most importantly is the type of woman you're marrying and your location.
A person on 30k per month in kebbi can manage, but same can't be said about a new couple in Owerri or PH.
yet ppl are doing it
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by BunbleBee: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Rilwayne001:

How can a married man save 100k monthly from a 180k salary?

You won’t pay house rent ? Etc? Lol
From the comment, You would know that the commenter hasn't started paying bills . Lol

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by zedegit: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Baby food and pampars are costly. I would even love to get my own house no matter how small before thinking marriage.

Atleast our only worry would be food and if I marry a resourceful wife like my mum, she can tend a garden/farm to help out.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Dybala11(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
CartelKenneth:

Maybe all of them go gather soak Harri morning afternoon and night
Like fuji house😂
The man won't even be able to be a responsible father, to buy common hobnobs cookies for his kids he'll have to be doing calculations. 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by zedegit: 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Rilwayne001:

How can a married man save 100k monthly from a 180k salary?

You won’t pay house rent ? Etc? Lol

Food alone will gulp #80 000.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by hybridblood07(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
You're not wrong, but in this present economy,
at least 200k is enough to run a home with a child. House rent alone would be more than 400k annually
Edizzy:

Considering the importance of finance in marriage, what should a man be making monthly before considering marriage in Nigeria, someone said 50k but based on the economic reality in the country, 50,000 is too small to sustain a home.

I believe a minimum of 100k per month is a enough to take care of a matrimonial home with just one child and this also depends on your location.

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by imustsaymymindo: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
The most significant financial decision you can make is the woman you marry - Anon

The worst financial dilemma you can be in is not having a plan prior to when money comes- me

Therefore, it is somewhat better to go into marriage stack broke with the right woman than go in rich with the wrong woman.

Also, you'd be making a mistake if you think of marriage without it being in your plan originally just because you have made money enough to cater to the union.

So, forget about the minimum amount you should earn. Rather focus on who/what you are going to get married to, and if it fits your original plan and purpose in life.

Your purpose and plans in life should not be based on an increase in income or salary increase, I believe that's falling to the whims of societal pressure rather than personal convictions. Have a plan, or someone or something else such as a salary increase would decide for you.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by hybridblood07(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
He doesn't have 10k in his account. Some people on NL are just mad
talented321:
You sef, do you have up to 20k in your account
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by newoffer: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
Am like 80k plus side hustles that brings half of the salary a month sometimes higher. Before u marry double up your hustles no be joke oooo
talented321:
Op when you marry the right woman everything go set with as low as 70k plus side hustles. In the other hand if you like earn 250 or 500, when you marry the wrong woman she go frustrate ur life.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by ozo13(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ahmed0336:

You're right. But you forgot to include location.

Most importantly is the type of woman you're marrying and your location.
A person on 30k per month in kebbi can manage, but same can't be said about a new couple in Owerri or PH.
baba 100k no reach again oo in Kebbi things are very expensive now .I just got back from birnin kebbi market now grin. Eno easy .Thank God I married an understanding calm lady.1300 worth of tomato/pepper.i don't like bulk purchase because of electricity situation here.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
"Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife"

A quarrelsome some wife does not care if you are. millionaire or if you are dead broke

Be safe. Marry based on God's wisdom or direction or you will suffer for a long time and for nothing.

Over and out

PonziHater
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by okerekingsley90: 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
300k if your wife is responsible.
1 billion if your wife is jobless.

The best thing you have said very wicked man grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by akube34: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2023
b3llo:
no be everybody get machine or car
the food you Dey buy for market, no be car they carry am, you dey trek go work? Fuel increase must affect either directly or indirectly
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by easzypeaszy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
CartelKenneth:

This one Na poverty family o
No be standard family🤮
nobody mention standard family here oga.
Try dey calm ur soul.. I kw alot of families who earn less dan 150k per month and der kids stil went to sch, survived and are doin great.
Same way I kw millionairs whose kids ends up doin drugs.
200k for family of 5 is not bad
Na u sabi mk u dey look for 5M per mnth b4 u settle dwn.. U wl regret it later in life

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by oluwasegun007(m): 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
Anything less than $1,000 monthly,

Just stay single with honours

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by jclassiq(m): 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:

cool

Depending on who you are marrying... State civil servants, teachers , bike men all earn bellow 100k and have wife

Oga, it's not about having wife. How are their lives like? Is that what you want for this guy?
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by okerekingsley90: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
pansophist:
The income threshold should not matter much if the couples are industrious, committed to the marriage, and genuinely loves and want to help each other grow. That's the true meaning behind the ´´For better for worse´¨ pledge.

For example, you can be a businessman earning 1M naira a month, and a life-changing event happened (eg war, accident, loss of revenue via govt regulations, etc). Should divorce now become the automatic consequence due to loss/reduction of funds?

The reason for marriage is not to be happy, although happiness can be a feature. Marriage is simply how two individuals come together, making themselves stronger to navigate this sad journey called life.

There will be ups and down, and if one is going to just checkout with every life's challenges, then don't get married. It's not a place for soft-life girls or irresponsible men. Its a place for two fighters teaming up as one, to become formidable.

One of the very few meaningful comments on this forum!!!!
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Coolgent(m): 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
Depends on who are marrying...
Of you marry a Gold Digger even Rivers state accounts can't sustain your marital life
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Acehart: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Benana(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
victory36:
250k for family of three, add extra 50k per additional individual and I am serious.
100k is not bad and can start a home.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Mexyz(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Biola67:

How bike guys take be biggest boy. Go buy Bajaj na . Make you stay junction. Abi you no wan be biggest boy??
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
This your advice dey make me laugh here ooo

Na true you talk sha, I read some comments here and I just laugh.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by adebayo987: 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Edizzy:

It depends on your environment and the person you're marrying. If she's industrial, you only need money to open a business for her while you continue to earn your Bachelor might allawee.
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Rubbiish(m): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
luskysylver:
well in a home with a child or two, a 100k a month can take care of u 3 or four. even 50k can be used to take care of the family in a month am serious. then u save the rest 50k for school fess and rent. but ur rent must not exceed 250k annually. then the families will have to give u some space to look after ur own immediate family.
The bold can't work in this present day Nigeria. 50k monthly for a family of four is not realistic

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Rubbiish(m): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
Biola67:

How bike guys take be biggest boy. Go buy Bajaj na . Make you stay junction. Abi you no wan be biggest boy??
Lol cheesy
I tire oh for the biggest boy part lol
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by NaijaCover(m): 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
2million naira per month
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Rubbiish(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

You are not serious Sir! Marriage is no jokes and not a bill splitting stuff. You got to foot the bills as a amn and not on an equal shared basis. That's where your authority and control stems from and Rooted in
I think u are right at bold
Once a woman starts footing most of the bills, she starts disrespecting the man & questioning his authority
Re: What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage by Machinegun91(m): 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
TradingGod:
a single source of income should not be enough to enter marriage whether you earn 1million or 50k because if you lose your job, the pressure will be enormous when you are married compared to when you were single

Now the best solution is to have atleast 3 source of income which each source providing atleast 25% of your annual income

Before you get married to a woman, first of all, get married to your hustle so that you and your hustle can produce children aka side hustle
how many source of incomes do you have?

People are struggling to get 1 source of income and you showcasing your nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much Do You Love Your Current Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert / Lady Destroys Her Boyfriend’s Properties Over Suspected Infidelity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.