Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS (28167 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / Is She Testing My Love For Her Or She's Just Wasting My Time? / I Need A Matured Lady With Genotype AA For Marriage Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by stevups(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20
Both of you are criminals
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by gratiaeo(m): 5:50pm On Jan 20
During my secondary school years I was tested AA but when I wanted to marry I went to hospital for test and tested AS

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Hassanmaye(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk
grin[center][/center] grin grin don't push adam to eat the forbidden fruit 🙈
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by dkidd: 5:53pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
I saw the test result. She showed me
Then it's not genuine or u want to attribute this to village people again? Something is obviously staring at u in the face and u still dey argue

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by StemCellTherapi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 20
I know what you both can do but I will not help you out.

Sorry.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Raylight2(m): 5:57pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).
but my questions are then these:

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

If you know, please kindly help out. Thank you....

Since you said she showed you a result that shows she was AA, it means an error was made at the time she was a Baby. Probably an exchanged result. Invariably, someone else might have been made to believe s/he is AS.

Matters could have even gotten complicated if the couple that gave birth to the other child who got the AS result were both AA. The woman would have first been a suspect.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Sterope(f): 5:57pm On Jan 20
A lot of labs don't do their due diligence with testing. A lot of results out there are wrong. It is a lot more common than you think
efembaba:
NO SHE DIDN'T!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by DMerciful(m): 5:58pm On Jan 20
How did she get the result as a baby? Common!
efembaba:
I saw the test result. She showed me
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Pimine: 5:59pm On Jan 20
Biglittlelois:

I'll ignore the subtle jab

Genotype is same as your DNA, it cannot change.
There was nothing subtle about that jab; it was overt to say the least. Sorry.

And yes, although very rare, a person's genotype can change due to spontaneous genetic mutations.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Ikennablue(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20
efembaba:
My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

Recently I went to confirm mine and it turned out to be AS. In shock, I asked her to recheck hers since the result she'd been working with was from when she was a baby. She checked at the first hospital and it surprisingly turned out to be AS. Immediately she did another one at another hospital/lab and it still came out as AS.

I know what most people will say is that that's the right test and we are not compatible medically (which though gruesomely painful, I understand).

1. How do genotype test results change over time? I know they don't since it's based on genetics but how on earth was it possible that she tested AA before but not now (my head is so messed up right now).

2. I know the plain, straightforward answer for situations like this, for most people, is that we path ways due to the outcome of our genotype and I get it. But I want to ask, is there any possibility of an alternative at all? Maybe something that's not so conventional that some people in such situations have done to help them still marry and bear children without issues.
I understand if you think this question is stupid but I'm am a possibility thinker and I know that the world/internet is filled with possibilities.

if the idea that we all come from one father biblically is true. Then genotype can be changed. I don’t knw sha. I’m not a doctor, I just don’t knw what I’ll do if I’m in your situation

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by casualobserver: 6:02pm On Jan 20
Ajiswaggs:
Thanks … I will have to redo my genotype again… because my mom and dad are AA but when I did my genotype during my school days the result came out as AS for me but my twin sis is AA …. So I have been wondering how possible is that since then.
Who is going to tell him?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by duduade: 6:02pm On Jan 20
akube34:
we many wey Dey your shoe bro, I have been thinking my next step for almost a year now cus d thought of losing her kills me. I have made research and there are ways, however, they are really emotional and traumatic. So for now, I just Dey observe

If you both are not ready to leave each then you follow through with the alternative... I personally know couples who did and are happily married and blessed with one/two kids ..

Like I said

If you both truly truly are ready to walk and work all the way

If you know you can't then separate.. same with the OP

This matter has been treated several times on nairaland
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nickymezor(f): 6:02pm On Jan 20
Ajiswaggs:
But is it possible for AA and AA to birth AS ?
Nope

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Discountsempai: 6:02pm On Jan 20
efembaba:

Simple...the first lab she did the test was either awful, or they lied, or they did not do the test well.

If you really want to do a genuine genotype test in this country...either do it in a teaching hospital, or a reputable private lab like SYNLAB.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by jasontrigga(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20
Kinghenry1315:
There are 2 types of As if you like disagree with me am talking from experience one is a carrier and one is not I have seen As married As and they have 5 children non of them is Ss the children are Aa and As in that other not one family but multiple you can risk it if you have liver but know that you won't have many children what you will do is you will test the child blood group in the womb that what my inlaw did because he is a doctor he is living happily with his wife now if you don't have the money for test just risk it life itself is a risk

Bad advise !
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by dkidd: 6:04pm On Jan 20
idtiwo:
Genotype changes for reason unknown to me. Before i got married, my fiancee and I went for genotype test in a reputable lab recommended by her church as that was the first condition given to us by her church before we could start marriage counselling. When we finished counseling in her church, it was the turn of my own church to do another round of counselling and they also referred us to do a genotype test which we also complied with.

Both labs sent our results directly to the two churches and the results were AA for both of us. Five years into the marriage after we've had two kids already, she had a medical issue and they had to do medical test for her and behold, her genotype result was AS. This shocked me and both of us had to go do another test in another lab again to confirm the new test result and while mine remained AA , her was confirmed again as AS. When the marriage clocked 15 years, myself and her and all our kids went for a fresh round of genotype test and all of us except my wife are AA with my wife as the only AS.

So genotype does change but i don't know the medical mystery behind it.

Na wah oo
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by spartachico(m): 6:05pm On Jan 20
Dey play , do you know back when she was a baby the equipment used back then might not be accurate or probably the person who run the test didn’t do it right and gave false reading and one question ... does she fall sick and I mean it’s a one time sickness where you’d be scared that she might die .... if she doesn’t fall in that category she’s AS because if AA sick for you , you go almost seek spiritual intervention
efembaba:
NO SHE DIDN'T!!
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by goodyvin02(m): 6:06pm On Jan 20
Well, I’m in the same predicament was born AA, all my siblings are AA but as I ran the test again as an adult na AS I Dey see, done the test up to three times in different labs and it’s still saying AS…..

Now my mom and Dad are both AA, my genotype at birth says AA, so what changed, doctors in the house
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Ishilove: 6:06pm On Jan 20
Neddyogu:
There are several plausible explanations for this discrepancy;

1. The initial hemoglobin genotype might have been done too early hence the appearance of AA. Let me explain. Fetuses in the womb don't breathe air like we do. But they need oxygen too. So hw do they get their oxygen? Of course from the mother's blood stream. But then they need special hemoglobin to efficiently extract oxygen from their mother's blood. This special hemoglobin is called Fetal hemoglobin or HbF. HbF has a way of extracting oxygen and delivering same to the baby's cells to keep function in an efficient manner. However, HbF and Hemoglobin A (HbA) do have similar charge/ mass ratios and almost identical molecular weight, so their migration patterns are similar on hemoglobin electrophoresis setups esp at alkaline pH. This gives the impression of AA when there may be other abnormal hemoglobins. In other words, HbA and HbF look alike. This is the reason we don't test children less than 2years for hemoglobin genotype. So ur fiancee might still have had fetal hemoglobin roaming around her bloodstream at the time of the initial testing.

2. Secondly, maybe a clerical error or some other kind of error did occur.

Oh boy
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ivolt: 6:06pm On Jan 20
Dzzzz:
I was born AS and the last time I did a check they said am AA so the best advice is to run a third party check..Health wise genotype can change due to some little glitches in life.So do a third party check up
Don't mislead people.
There is no "glitch" that can change your genotype.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Ishilove: 6:07pm On Jan 20
sylve11:

Na wa sad cool
As in ehn. Wetin person no go read for this Nairaland cheesy
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ivolt: 6:08pm On Jan 20
idtiwo:
Genotype changes for reason unknown to me. Before i got married, my fiancee and I went for genotype test in a reputable lab recommended by her church as that was the first condition given to us by her church before we could start marriage counselling. When we finished counseling in her church, it was the turn of my own church to do another round of counselling and they also referred us to do a genotype test which we also complied with.

Both labs sent our results directly to the two churches and the results were AA for both of us. Five years into the marriage after we've had two kids already, she had a medical issue and they had to do medical test for her and behold, her genotype result was AS. This shocked me and both of us had to go do another test in another lab again to confirm the new test result and while mine remained AA , her was confirmed again as AS. When the marriage clocked 15 years, myself and her and all our kids went for a fresh round of genotype test and all of us except my wife are AA with my wife as the only AS.

So genotype does change but i don't know the medical mystery behind it.
It doesn't change!
Someone played a game or the labs were contaminated! Yes it happens.
Genotype doesn't change.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by DeZoro(m): 6:09pm On Jan 20
It very true that Genotype changes. She said the truth. My wife Genotype hanged too using same hospital in a space of 10 years. When we were about to get married in 2007, her Genotype was AA and mine was AA, but in 2017 when she gave birth to our last born, her Genotype became AS. This is a life story.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Adeyinka12(m): 6:09pm On Jan 20
Ajiswaggs:
Thanks … I will have to redo my genotype again… because my mom and dad are AA but when I did my genotype during my school days the result came out as AS for me but my twin sis is AA …. So I have been wondering how possible is that since then.
Hope you resemble your father.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by aestake: 6:09pm On Jan 20
UnemployedGradu:
lie! Am a biologist, phenotypic characters changes but genotypical traits doesn't change!
Chai.
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by akube34: 6:10pm On Jan 20
duduade:

If you both are not ready to leave each then you follow through with the alternative... I personally know couples who did and are happily married and blessed with one/two kids ..

Like I said

If you both truly truly are ready to walk and work all the way

If you know you can't then separate.. same with the OP

This matter has been treated several times on nairaland

ok
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by ellizy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 20
I just hope this enquiry wouldn't cost story that touches is your fiance home.
She assured she was AA perhaps the mother is AA and the father is AA.
How come AS? HER mother go explain tire...
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by FireUpNow(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20
The genotype test she did when she was young was wrong and has ne we been an AA. You can't marry her , you better stop the relationship

Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Ajiswaggs(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20
Adeyinka12:
Hope you resemble your father.
yes
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by Nickymezor(f): 6:18pm On Jan 20
Zeebuy:

Genotype doesn't change. It's possible the lab where she did the test as a child didn't do it well or mixed up her result
Exactly. I once had a genotype result which said i was AS...My dad was very shocked because we are all AA in my family... Anyway I did another one which came out AA. So I guess the error was from them. Some Labs do make mistakes
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by sajiwere(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20
By not sure of yours first, you started this mess because you could have known your Genotype before looking for compatibility

quote author=efembaba post=128022362]My fiancée and I have been engaged for about 7 months now. About when we started, she told me her genotype was AA of which she showed me the test result so I never really took it upon myself to confirm mine which I had been believing as AA.

[/quote]
Re: My Fiancee Tested AA For Genotype When Young, Now She's Testing AS by labake1(f): 6:20pm On Jan 20
GOFRONT:
Can anybody confirm for me if Moses Bliss ran a genotype test with his girlfriend before showcasing their engagement on our Social media pages??

Jealousy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / Why Are Ladies After Marriage More Than Guys? / 10 Types Of Assistant Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.