Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending (15697 Views)

3 Steps Of Making A Girl Fall In Love Without Spending / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money / How Do You Approach A Girl You Don't Know And Impress Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
MarcAnthon:

@OP, why do girls always like to sit back and let guys do all the talking? Pretty dumb. The guy is supposed to spend on you, talk to you, impress you, love you, etc, etc,  What do the girls bring to the table aside a fine face (for those that are fine o)? Pray tell,  I get peeps hitting me up on calls and chats all the time and going silent after saying hello (expecting me to gist them, i think say na u first buzz me?) or a girl just sitting lamely b4 you seeming to say 'oya gist me'. You no get mouth? I tire o!

No dont say girls. some girls are icebreakers just to make it easy for guys because they are tough and intimidating.
I know the type you are referring to but if it's nothing to do with shyness then blame yourself. Some guys know the kind of girl they pick before taking them on a date. If all u saw was face then face you will get. What I know is that I cant stand a clueless guy either cz I always have something to say and I want somebody to challenge that. Even throwing a twisted question does it.
A sober girl can start a conversation from the table napkin/tv prog or drinking straw. She will uphold it, move it all over the place in her conversation till u both settle on a favorite topic.
This sitting and staring at each other while keeping the tummy busy and not the mind is very very disturbing and unhealthy in the long run.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2011
Pendo so after Obinna your igbo sugar daddy don spend all the spendable on u, yu still get mind come here open ur yeye mouth for here abi? angry
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
MarcAnthon:

@OP, why do girls always like to sit back and let guys do all the talking? Pretty dumb. The guy is supposed to spend on you, talk to you, impress you, love you, etc, etc, What do the girls bring to the table aside a fine face (for those that are fine o)? Pray tell, I get peeps hitting me up on calls and chats all the time and going silent after saying hello (expecting me to gist them, i think say na u first buzz me?) or a girl just sitting lamely b4 you seeming to say 'oya gist me'. You no get mouth? I tire o!
Bros understand that many naija babes lack the initiative to keep up a discussion.Many of them are so timid.I mean check out a white chick for example.If u discussin with a white babe she would contribute her own part in the discussion and many white babes are so outgoing and sociable.Not for a naija babe wey go dey sit dey look u like Egyptian mummy while u dey yarn all the gist witout her contributing a single word until all the saliva for ur mouth go dry grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by dabrake(m): 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
lefulefu:

Bros understand that many naija babes lack the initiative to keep up a discussion.Many of them are so timid.I mean check out a white chick for example.If u discussin with a white babe she would contribute her own part in the discussion and many white babes are so outgoing and sociable.Not for a naija babe wey go dey sit dey look u like Egyptian mummy while u dey yarn all the gist witout her contributing a single word until all the saliva for your mouth go dry grin
when will this guy wake up from his armageddon-like nightmare?
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
lefulefu:

Pendo so after Obinna your igbo sugar daddy don spend all the spendable on u, yu still get mind come here open your yeye mouth for here abi? angry

can u imagine.I now wonder who btwn that obin of a daddy and you is worse.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by ebonyvibe(f): 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
no
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Yorisb: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
@OP

Neffa effa. . .
esp wit 9ja girls!
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by purplekayc(m): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Okijajuju1(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
Yup!!

Im doing that right now!!
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by thehunted(m): 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
it is very stu.pid of  a guy to spend money to impress a girl. i have never done  it and would never do it. Guys who do that do so when they have nothing else to offer in the relationship. na me be her papa.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by kelz88(f): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
Well said. ^^
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nayah(f): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
Very interesting thread my dear, btw how are you?
As for topic I think this could make guys think about their messages they send when they spend money on women to impress them because then they compalin about gold digger and so on, I've always said here liabilites are shared
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
thehunted:

it is very stu.pid of  a guy to spend money to impress a girl. i have never done  it and would never do it. Guys who do that do so when they have nothing else to offer in the relationship. na me be her papa.
lemme get this straight, are u saying u've never spent yo cash on a girl?
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by thehunted(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
Buying her gift sometimes is different from impressing her by spending stu.pidly. i always do the former. Seriously,some guys have absolutely nothing to offer the girl so they tend to keep the girl with their money. These babes jump ship when the guy`s money dries up.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
BCuZiMBlaCk:

lemme get this straight, are u saying u've never spent yo cash on a girl?

I don't think that is the right question to ask him.Every guy spends considerable amounts on a woman they love. But not all men spend to impress.
I am taking about your other abilities to impress without spending a dime. Are you man enough to do that? Remember this,when you first meet a lady she doesnt know your worth at all.So how do u go about making her tick without debiting ur account all in an effort to woe.
What makes u think its impossible cz its not.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
thehunted:

thehunted:

Buying her gift sometimes is different from impressing her by spending stu.pidly. i always do the former. Seriously,some guys have absolutely nothing to offer the girl so they tend to keep the girl with their money. These babes jump ship when the guy`s money dries up.

Right on.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by MrCork17: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mr Cork <<<<spent £15 in 3 minute!! wink
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by MrsChima1(f): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2011
People equate spending money as buying affection and love.  If a man spend money excessively without recourse then his intention is purely business and if a man spend money sporadically then his intention is to show that he cares and romantic.  

There are different levels of spending when it comes to dating not marriage.  Dating should be casual and fun.  It shouldn't have any "rules" and "regulations" on what should happen during dating stage however when the relationship progresses to committed or engaged then spending becomes more expected but not necessarily in excess.  

When the relationship progresses to marriage, then spending becomes excessively expected because the family has expanded with children and so forth.  

Now getting back to the question, can a man impress a woman without spending money?  Yes, he can.  There are many different ways to impress sensibly but if he want to spoil her then spending is expected but it shouldn't feel like an obligation which many men these days feels.  Most men feels powerful with their wallet versus their brain and personality, unfortunately.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by BloodShed1: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
I CAN.

I just can't/won't keep her. To keep a woman you have to spend money, they are essentially pro$t!tute$.

So I say to hell with that, my money is more important.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Now getting back to the question, can a man impress a woman without spending money?  Yes, he can.  There are many different ways to[b] impress sensibly[/b] but if he want to spoil her then spending is expected but it shouldn't feel like an obligation which many men these days feels.  Most men feels powerful with their wallet versus their brain and personality, unfortunately.   LOSERS
Blood_Shed:

I CAN.

I just can't/won't keep her. To keep a woman you have to spend money, they are essentially pro$t!tute$.

So I say to hell with that, my money is more important.

to hell with what? keeping a woman or woing her sensibly?
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by 1forall: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
The question could also be framed as:

Girls, can a guy impress you without spending?

I've never been an advocate of spending to impress cos its just creates a false basis for everything that might follow.
And as much as girls irresistably fall for it, guys themselves can be shallow enough to apply it so both sexes are to blame.
But at the same time it all depends on what both parties are looking for from each other  wink
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2011
1forall:

The question could also be framed as:

Girls, can a guy impress you without spending?

I've never been an advocate of spending to impress cos its just creates a false basis for everything that might follow.
And as much as girls irresistably fall for it, guys themselves can be shallow enough to apply it so both sexes are to blame.
But at the same time it all depends on what both parties are looking for from each other  wink
The thread is directed at guys but am sure any sensible lady would like a guy who approaches and wins her heart first without flashing his wallet.
but again the bolded makes sense.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by jaybee3(m): 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2011
No you simply cannot because every classy thing you had want the lucky lady to experience has a cost attached to it. However, you don't necessarily have to go [b]overboad [/b]to impress a lady.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Claus(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
Amazing!

First, some guys were getting mad because some girls prioritise money/gifts at the expense of the other things guys can offer.
Now some girls are getting mad because some guys are quick to offer money/gifts in place of the other things they should offer.

If only these two sets can get together and leave the money/gifts people to their own wahala.

1 Like

Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
jay bee:

No you simply cannot because every classy thing you had want the lucky lady to experience has a cost attached to it. However, you don't necessarily have to go [b]overboad [/b]to impress a lady.

ever wondered why some broke guys manage to walk away with very pretty women? They mastered the art of seducing the lady. They know how to talk,crack sensible jokes, teach a girl new stuff, they dress to suit the occassion, they listen and take time with the lady. Such relationships never lack spice cz u both have something to talk about everytime you meet.
The opposite is boring.Its all outing shopping,dining,cinemas and sex. Nothing concrete comes out of it cz the guy is nothing without spending.

Claus:

Amazing!

First, some guys were getting mad because some girls prioritise money/gifts at the expense of the other things guys can offer.
Now some girls are getting mad because some guys are quick to offer money/gifts in place of the other things they should offer.

If only these two sets can get together and leave the money/gifts people to their own wahala.

dont get it wrong. Spending I said is inevitable, but question remains.Without a cent are u man enough to impress and win over a pretty lady?
Spending makes dating comfortable but it's not 'it'. It aids and takes u places but what u both posess is what keeps the relationship going strong.
Its nice to spend and be spent on but have something better in ur persona not wallet.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by jaybee3(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
pendo89:

ever wondered why some broke guys manage to walk away with very pretty women? They mastered the art of seducing the lady. They know how to talk,crack sensible jokes, teach a girl new stuff, they dress to suit the occassion, they listen and take time with the lady. Such relationships never lack spice cz u both have something to talk about everytime you meet.
The opposite is boring.Its all outing shopping,dining,cinemas and sex. Nothing concrete comes out of it cz the guy is nothing without spending.
And what's the probability of that ever happening these dayz cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy?
1 outta every 1000 ?

1 Like

Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by pendo89(f): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
jay bee:

And what's the probability of that ever happening these dayz cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy?
1 outta every 1000 ?

Yeah it still counts even if it was 1 in million.Wouldn't you love to be that I lucky guy? Girls are soo easy to win I just wonder why men get it all wrong.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Basildon1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2011
jay bee:

1 outta every 1000 ?

LOL! True statistic!!

Broke guy and pretty women = "borrow pose" guy
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by MrsChima1(f): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
Jaybee

Not all "pretty" women are shadow and not all broke men walks away with "ugly" women.  Even in these days, there are decent women would will judge a man base on his POTENTIALS and not what he has in his pocket.  

I am sorry you haven't met such women.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Basildon1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Claus(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
pendo89:

dont get it wrong. Spending I said is inevitable, but question remains.Without a cent are u man enough to impress and win over a pretty lady?
Spending makes dating comfortable but it's not 'it'. It aids and takes u places but what u both posess is what keeps the relationship going strong.
Its nice to spend and be spent on but have something better in your persona not wallet.

My comments were tongue in cheek, but on a more serious level, if the money first approach doesn't work for guys, sooner rather than later, they'll stop offering it.

For them to continue, it must mean that it is working for them, at least in the circles they choose to move in. If enough girls turn down guys whose biggest selling point is money then the guys will have to adapt.
Re: Can You Woe/Impress Her Without Spending by Sike(m): 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2011
Claus:

Amazing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Tallesty1 / What’s The First Thing That Sexually Attracts You To Someone? / After 1 Year, She Said Yes But.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.