Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,863 members, 7,866,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:02 PM

9inches's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9inches's Profile / 9inches's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (of 105 pages)

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I'll like you to give examples of:
1/ any kind of sinful desire
2/ the desire not to act out and/or not to encourage
3/ deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out
I can't. Do you have any in mind for consideration?

So you do accept then,
that there is no ongoing action between consenting adults in a same gender relationship that could and would be faulted
provided the union is honest, truthful, loving, committed, lasting a lifetime, faithful and meaningful?
Nothing is impossible.
Food / Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 9inches(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2018
Mariangeles:
Wickedness in high places... grin
The sight alone cool
Food / Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 9inches(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
sunbestie:
Let me manage this abeg.... I can't come and kill myself
Yuck!

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I can tell for free, what the people, we all along, are refering to
The people, we all along, are refering to, are consenting adults in a honest, loving, committed, lasting a lifetime, faithful and meaningful same gender relationship
So now, 9inches, please, tell, in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, if at all there is any,
how consenting adults in a honest, loving, committed, lasting a lifetime, faithful
and meaningful same gender relationship could and would be committing sin

They could and would be committing sin if they act upon any kind of sinful desire either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out.

You also succinctly nailed it here:
MuttleyLaff:
The gist of your explanation, is that you cant sin a fault until it becomes an action

Greed, covetousness, and lust are improper homo and heterosexual desires and/or faults
that when acted upon not only leads to prostitution, adultery, fornication, lewdness, promiscuity etcetera
but equally is at a detriment to, betrayal of or cheating on another or other person(s) whom love, faithfulness, commitment, honesty, lasting that's life-long and loyalty was professed to whilst in a relationship, that's same sex or otherwise.
Religion / Re: Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful by 9inches(m): 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
The Pope is absolutely right. I have had this sort of conversation on a thread on this forum:

9inches:
I understand where you are coming from, but the Holy Spirit does not sow confusion. And no, Christ did not give permission to forge one's own subjective interpretation. That's the reason he made his apostles (the early Church) the custodian of his Word and additionally promised them his Holy Spirit to guide them in the light of truth. The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth. Truth is not guaranteed outside the Church (1 Tim 3:15). That's all I'm saying.

9inches:

It was the sin of disobedience and PRIDE that separated Martin Luther from the Body of Christ, the Church.

Exactly! And Martin Luther is the reason there are now over 33,000 different denominations interpreting the bible differently whilst claiming the Holy Spirit (which we all agree does not sow confusion). The Body of Christ (the Church) is undivided. The Body of Christ is one, not 2, not 5, not 20 and definitely not 33,000.

Exactly! That's why Catholics don't leave the "average Joe Public" to interpret what "average Joe Public" thinks or feels the interpretation should mean.... The Church is authoritative custodian of the Word of God (including the bible), so you can be rest assured it remains uncorrupted until the end of time. You can't get such guarantee outside the Church.

9inches:
Actually, you are not allowed to forge your own subjective interpretation of Christianity (or the bible) in the Catholic church. The bible is not confusing to the Church; the Church compiled the bible and was the ONLY body instituted by Christ through which unadulterated Christianity can be taught and learned.

So, yes! We already have our milk bottled for hundreds of centuries; and it comes with original seal of authenticity. Why selfishly replicate and risk corruption?

9inches:
I agree with you. I think the fundamentalists are to blame for this perception of Christianity and the bible as bigoted.

9inches:
We both agree on the bible is a fail-safe guarantee, except you haven't realized the bible came from "the Church". By virtue of me being part of "the Church", I have the privilege of a more holistic knowledge of the Word of God than the bible itself alone can offer you. This implies you are more at risk of misinterpreting the Word of God because you don't have any backup information.

I'm assuming you know that Timothy (ordained bishop of Ephesus by Paul) and Titus (ordained bishop of Crete by Paul) were two of Apostle Paul's companions and disciples (assistants). But have you heard about Irenaeus (bishop of Lyons) who was a student of Polycarp? And Polycarp (ordained bishop of Smyrna by Apostle John)? Have you heard anything they taught or wrote? Do you know any of the early Christians apart from the apostles, and what they believed, taught or wrote? Have you studied the church (Christian) history from the time of Christ as recorded in the bible to present day? Or did you just pick the bible without giving a good thought where it came from and how it came to you? These are the questions you should answer to yourself IF YOU ARE A TRUTH SEEKER. You are an adult, don't be afraid to challenge your beliefs with these vital questions. You have nothing to lose by researching them, but everything to gain in terms of knowledge. If you seek the Truth, you'll find it, right?

I live in the Church because I'm a part of it. The bible lives with me.

1. The Church is The Body of Christ - Rom 12:5; Col 1:24
2. Christ is the head of The Body (The Church) - Col 1:18
3. I'm an individual part of The Body (The Church) - 1 Cor 12:27; Rom 12:5
4. The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth!!! shocked - 1 Tim 3:15

Reflection: Are you a part of the Church according to 1 Corinthians 12:27 or are you independent (outside) of the Church like Martin Luther
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
budaatum:

On the assumption the phrase "we are referring to" , has a "do" at the end, since you don't "know what they do so as to say if it's sin or not", why the condemnation? And is it for the Church to judge?

By the way, this might be an old Catholic thing. They have tended to play God in the past. However, read my acknowledgement of ATFmedia's comment above.

The CoE has never had such holier than thou attitudes or godlike powers as it has always been subject to the law of the land, which currently is the Equality Act 2010 which makes it illegal to discriminate against anyone because of their:

being married or in a civil partnership
being pregnant or on maternity leave disability
race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
religion, belief or lack of religion/belief
sex
sexual orientation

Effectively, if, as the op claimed, "Members [are] Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay" (and by the way, I know it isn't true because I am a member of the CoE and would raise hell myself if I saw anything of the sort!), then they are committing a crime and would be sanctioned for it!

As an aside, that act also affected primogeniture such that the first born, regardless of gender, would be first in line to the throne of England, and also removed ancient restrictions barring Catholics becoming king or queen.
Condemnation of what exactly? I'm not aware the Catholic church judges or condemns anyone just for being gay. Same way Martin Luther wasn't excommunicated for his heresy, but for his subsequent rebellion against the Church. The Catholic church understands that the issue of the christian faith and teachings are more nuanced than non catholics make it to seem. That's why we don't fill every time slot on the airwaves shoving bible verses down people's throat without the sometimes deeply nuanced explanation that should follow it.

My point in essence is that the Church does not know who is a sinner or who isn't. Infact, the church does not ask such question. However, when a liar or an adulterer tries to promote lying or adultery in an attempt to subvert (check meaning) the Church, that's when the Church reacts inorder to protect itself including the congregation from such corruption.

I hope I made it clear enough for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by 9inches(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Buhari see what you've caused.
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
OK, brother, I hear you
Now let me rephrase that then
by saying please, what exactly in their ways, allegedly, is the sin, that requires changing.
Please dont make dodging from answering this question turn into a habit
So, tell in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, what it is please
Since we don't know what the people we are referring to, how would I know what they do so as to say if it's sin or not?

"Everyone who commits sin commits lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness." (1 John 3:4)
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Brother, the meaning of sin in a simplistic and biblical term is, missing the mark.
Now, please, I repeat, what exactly in their ways, allegedly, is sinful enough, that requires changing.
Why are you dodging from answering this question?
Tell in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, what it is please.
Brother, there's nothing like sinful enough. Sin is sin. Is there any particular act you want to know if it qualifies as a sin?
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

No, dont ask me to check the meaning of sin,
as all that's asked you is that, in this context, what exactly in their ways, allegedly, is sinful enough, that requires changing.
Why are you dodging from answering this question, in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt?
I'm asking you to check the meaning of sin.
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 3:42am On Jul 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Let's put "righteousness" for a short time, aside and latch on to " sinful ways"
We'll come back to "righteousness" later, properly and fully.
So what exactly in their ways, allegedly, is sinful enough, that it requires changing?
Check the meaning of sin.
Politics / Re: Security Operatives At Fela Shrine As Emmanuel Macron Visits by 9inches(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
Who be macro abi micro? Abeg na Trump we wan see.
Politics / Re: State, Community Police: Senate To Amend Constitution To Allow Its Creation by 9inches(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2018
Great news for my state Anambra! It's long overdue and should be done fast please.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

1/ What right information exactly is this, that will force them to change?
2/ What precisely are they changing from, and what exactly are they changing into?
1. The Word of God as authentic as it comes.
2. Changing from sinful ways to righteousness.
Celebrities / Re: Juliet Ibrahim And Her Siblings, Sonia, Nadia And Mally Ibrahim (Photo) by 9inches(m): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2018
Senselin:
Half-caste siblings.

Wake me up when this gets to FP.
Oya, wakey wakey!
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
xpmode:

Why should they be allowed if they have not repented of theirs evil ways. why should they polute the congregation of the Lord. Allowing them to -come inside the church is against Biblical Principle (Act 2v41-47). If they wanted to come in the door is open, as long as they are ready to repent.

As at today, there are non LGBT who are yet to repent from their old ways, we see them causing troubles in the church
So how will they get the right information that might compel them to repent if not in the church?
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 6:50am On Jul 03, 2018
budaatum:

The Church of England's creed, which is Anglican reads as follows:
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints

The more detailed Nicene Creed, also read in the Anglican Church of England, reads as follows

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

They don't say "catholic" to "differentiate between us and the other sects" but to show the opposite, joint communion.

Every church claims to teach the version of the early Apostles. It also seems every church wants to claim their's is more godly than anyone elses.
The use of the word catholic with a small "c" does not mean the Catholic denomination. It is an older usage (from which the denomination drew its name) meaning "universal". Anglicanism is often called the "via media" or "middle way" between Catholicism and Protestantism.
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
budaatum:

They say, "History is written by the conqueror", and that is what you have, history according to the Catholic Church. They were many Churches before the Catholic Church consolidation. Wiki has some good writing on the topic.

But I was referring to those in existence now, which mostly do, as you say, "came out of the Catholic Church". Every Church claims authority from God, and subjectively interpret scripture.

One could claim there permission to do so was established by Christ. The 'Church' in his day could be said to be the High Priest and synagogue of his time, who's authority was 'given by God'. Jesus however challenged their authority by claiming his came from God too. I guess the fact that he had studied a different doctrine in Egypt had something to do with it.
The apostles were the first Christians and their version of Christianity is what the Catholic Church teaches. When saying the Creed, we say "I believe in one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church...." The name Catholic is used to differentiate between us and the other sects. Apart from that, it's simply the Christian Church or the Church of the Apostles.
Religion / Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by 9inches(m): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the SAINTS which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus(Ephe 1:1.

Dear Father thank you for your "eternal truth" which is your power unto salvation. I pray as we believe may you confirmed it in our lives. Amen!

God has made us saints through Christ. We're the saints of God through Christ Jesus. You don't need to be canonized by mortal men before you could be a saint. You don't need to die before you can become a saint.

Believers in Christ Jesus are saints. While those who have not yet believe in Him can also become saints through simple faith in Christ Jesus. Our good works cannot make us saints, neither can our puny effort do. Jesus is the author of our sainthood. In Him all humanity have a chance to become saints of God.

It is foolishness to believe that the puny declaration of men can establish someone as a saint. Say no to the doctrine of men.
Say no to the deceit and lies of the devil.

Keep believing and keep winning! Peace!

MuttleyLaff:
Teach brother.
I wonder, whether or not, self-professed catholics,
the likes of
Ubenedictus, 9inches, Syncan, italo etcetera agree to the emboldened up there
and accept that believers dont need to be canonized or formally recognized as biblical saints

I think you are misjudging by attacking a straw man. No knowledgeable Catholic would argue against this - we are saints. Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said, “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”

Aren't we all saints? https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/arent-we-all-saints
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2018
budaatum:

I think only a Catholic would make such a claim, as they were one of the earliest! (Are you Catholic?)

All the other churches would like to claim the same authority, but would have to explain their defiance of the Popes authority.
What do you mean by one of the earliest? Every other denomination I know came out of it. And yes, you're right, I'm Catholic.
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
budaatum:

That's the reason the Pentecostals split off from the Catholics. First, they accused the Catholics of forging their own subjective interpretation but calling it God's, and then they went ahead and forged their own interpretation and called their's God's.

As to being allowed. One could argue that Christ gave permission to forge one's own subjective interpretation with his "I have not come to change the law", but going ahead to modify some laws somewhat. And, wasn't subjective interpretation a consequence of the Holy Spirit? One person's HS doesn't always say what someone else's HS says.

That however is not an excuse for muttley claiming things that don't exist or that he can't provide evidence for at all are written in the Bible!
I understand where you are coming from, but the Holy Spirit does not sow confusion. And no, Christ did not give permission to forge one's own subjective interpretation. That's the reason he made his apostles (the early Church) the custodian of his Word and additionally promised them his Holy Spirit to guide them in the light of truth. The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth. Truth is not guaranteed outside the Church (1 Tim 3:15). That's all I'm saying.
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I know.
Martin Luther paid the price
and it wasnt as if his interpretation of the bible was subjective, it wasnt politically motivated
It was the sin of disobedience and PRIDE that separated Martin Luther from the Body of Christ, the Church.

Doing the classic Acts 17:11 Berean
is not because the bible is confusing to the church 9inches
but is all about examining the bible daily, to see if things are really so, as led to believe.
We are talking thousands of years of consistency, MuttleyLaff, not some wild new age whitewashing of Christianity.

Yes, this is correct, that the catholic church compiled the bible as we know and most generally used
but if not for the likes of Martin Luther et al, the whole world wouldnt be personally reading the bible in their own tongue
and seeing the text with their own korokoro eyes
Exactly! And Martin Luther is the reason there are now over 33,000 different denominations interpreting the bible differently whilst claiming the Holy Spirit (which we all agree does not sow confusion). The Body of Christ (the Church) is undivided. The Body of Christ is one, not 2, not 5, not 20 and definitely not 33,000.

Good try,
but I am not going to fall for that bait.
No way Jose
No one is forcing you to fall for it. You won't be the first or only person to live in denial.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, (i.e. will send as My representative)
will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.

- John 14:26

Yet when the Spirit of Truth comes, he'll guide you into all truth.
He won't speak on his own accord,
but he'll speak whatever he hears and will declare to you the things that are to come

- John 16:13
He was speaking to a group of followers- the Church.

9inches, you do remember Mark 8:27-30, dont you?
Well you might have "...milk bottled for hundreds of centuries; and it comes with original seal of authenticity" sic
but it doesnt stop God asking you the famous "But what about you?" question

God will say, what about you 9inches, you have/had the milk, you've got the milk,
so where is your cheese, what of the cheese, what about your cheese you've made from the milk?
As long as I'm consuming the milk with the original seal of authenticity, my safety is guaranteed.

The manner Jorge Mario Bergoglio sometimes acts and/or speaks,
can only be due to being privy to certain books kept in the Vatican vault that the average Joe Public hasnt access to
I am quite sure the alleged lost "book of the Righteous/Upright" or the "book of the Just Man" is in there
(i.e. the unknown book of Jaspher mentioned in the OT)

Why not for once, objectively say what the bible says, 9inches
as it happens, I can proffer you a list relating to the thread's subject matter
instead of selfishly reproducing corrupted words or erroneous expressions, that we know are changed from their original meaning and/or state.
Exactly! That's why Catholics don't leave the "average Joe Public" to interpret what "average Joe Public" thinks or feels the interpretation should mean. And by the way, there's no single document, text or information that people with authority in the Vatican have not seen even before the Pope was born.
The Church is authoritative custodian of the Word of God (including the bible), so you can be rest assured it remains uncorrupted until the end of time. You can't get such guarantee outside the Church.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Photo Of Prime Minister May Bowing To Prince Williams Sparks Mockery Online by 9inches(m): 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
Obama vs Trump

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Peoples perception of the matter isnt what they think and learned it to be.
First step, will be, to review
1 Timothy 1:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:9, are look into what "malakois" and "arsenokoites" really means,
just as I earlier advised 9inches to do just that
but he opted to plastering that Catholic magazine entire article here instead

Milk cow(s) alright but make your own cheese
Dont offer bottled milk, passed on, as if yours

Actually, you are not allowed to forge your own subjective interpretation of Christianity (or the bible) in the Catholic church. The bible is not confusing to the Church; the Church compiled the bible and was the ONLY body instituted by Christ through which unadulterated Christianity can be taught and learned.

So, yes! We already have our milk bottled for hundreds of centuries; and it comes with original seal of authenticity. Why selfishly replicate and risk corruption?
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 12:27am On Jun 21, 2018
budaatum:

I first thought Muttley posted it, but he doesn't write so clearly so I searched and found its source. Next time do include links please. People get vilified on here for plagiarism.

Personally, while I don't think the Bible mentions the act of homosexuality, certain verses have been pointed out that it might. If it implicitly was against the act, that would have been its death as people become more tolerant and unacceptable of such bigotry and narrowness.

I agree with you. I think the fundamentalists are to blame for this perception of Christianity and the bible as bigoted.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
9inches, all this for me
"Long epistles" bug has got you. Kikiki ki.
Shame though, as you've got more holes in this your post than Swiss cheese
Pity, you spent a lot of time and energy, composing a post, that will come apart like a cheap suit, that has its loose threads yanked and pulled

"I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven.
No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place,
I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this.
"
- Desmond Tutu

I forgot to include the link to the article. I wanted to post the segment highlighted in red "The arsenokoitai and malakoi in 1 Corinthians", but then I decided to include the whole article because folks like me don't like clicking on links.

I would like to see the holes you can find in the article. You don't have to read the whole article though.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Activists Drag National Assembly To Court Over Failure To Impeach Buhari (PICS) by 9inches(m): 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Testing.. testing... Testing our democracy 1 2
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2018
Edited

MuttleyLaff:
cc 9inches
The Bible on Homosexual Behavior

Revisionist scholars have published several recent books that argue the Bible does not condemn same-sex behavior. These include recent academic treatments like James Brownson’s The Bible, Gender and Sexuality (2013) and Matthew Vines’s popular book God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships (2014).

The arsenokoitai and malakoi in 1 Corinthians
The other biblical passages that condemn same-sex intercourse are 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and its repetition in 1 Timothy 1:10. Writing to the Corinthians, Paul says: “Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.” The Revised Standard Version Bible notes that Paul is not condemning the possession of same-sex attractions, or homosexuals as persons, but only those who engage in immoral sexual activities.

Revisionists usually argue that the word “homosexuals” is not in this passage but rather two unique Greek words: arsenokoitai and malakoi. They claim that malakoi is ambiguous and could mean simply “weak” or “soft,” while arsenokoitai refers to some kind of sexual exploitation of children or pederasty (Sharpe, The Gay Gospels, 55).

Christian ethicist David Gushee writes in his book Changing Our Mind, “How might the history of Christian treatment of gays and lesbians have been different if arsenokoitai had been translated ‘sex traffickers’ or ‘sexual exploiters’ or ‘rapists’ . . . such translations are plausible, even if not the majority scholarly reconstruction at this time” (79).

But proposals that seek to exclude consensual same-sex relations from the meaning of arsenokoitai and malakoi are not plausible. If Paul was condemning predatory man-boy love, then why didn’t he use the Greek word for pederasty (paiderastes)? Also, if this is what Paul condemned, then why did he single out female same-sex couples in Romans when he was only concerned with predatory man-boy sex and not same-sex relations in general?

Keep in mind that before Paul condemns the malakoi and arsenokoitai for their persistence in sin, he condemns idolaters and adulterers and then condemns thieves and greedy people. Adultery and idolatry are often associated in the Bible and thievery and greed certainly go together. This makes it likely that arsenokoitai goes hand-in-hand with malakoi.

The fact that arsenokoitai matches the Greek words in the Septuagint’s translation of Leviticus 20:13 is unmistakable. The word breaks down to arseno (or “male”) and koite (or “bed”). It literally means “man-bedder.” It makes more sense to say that malakoi referred to the soft or effeminate passive recipient of same-sex behavior, while arsenokoitai referred to the active partner in that kind of intercourse, and not just sexually exploitative relationships.

Hope for all
I want to close with a word for those who experience same-sex attractions. What Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 6 is not that anyone with these attractions is doomed. In fact, he says in verse 11, “this is what some of you used to be [emphasis added]. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.” As the Catholic apostolate Courage shows, the fact that people once engaged in same-sex relations is no barrier to them being sanctified by the grace of God.

Please note that I am not advocating a naïve, pray-away-the-gay solution. Instead, Courage helps men and women with same-sex attraction lead chaste and fulfilling lives, lives that you can learn more about at couragerc.org. At the Courage website, you can watch a free documentary called Desire of the Everlasting Hills (everlastinghills.org) that shows how two men and one woman with same-sex attractions separately found hope and healing through the sacraments of the Catholic Church.

If you’re skeptical, I encourage you to at least watch the film and listen to these people’s experiences. You’ll see that it is possible to transcend the labels of “gay” or “straight,” and focus instead on our identity as sons and daughters of the Most High who seek him with all our heart, mind, body, and soul.
Read full article: https://www.catholic.com/index.php/magazine/print-edition/the-bible-on-homosexual-behavior
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Same here too.
Cool. I thought you are one of the sola scriptura apologists.

That's what you'll think
but thanks to God for the promise & fulfilment of John 14:26 and John 16:13-14
I thank God for that too. But it does not end there; this Holy Spirit does not exist just for the preference of sanctifying the individual Christian. That idea is a very individualistic (and fundamentalist) view of the Spirit - that the Spirit exists for my well being only. It's a faulty understanding of the Holy Spirit and also a faulty understanding of ecumenism. I'm not saying non Catholics don't receive the Holy Spirit, but there's more to it. I had point that out, just so you don't think it ends at 'I have the Holy Spirit, period.'

Leviticus 18:24-30, is referring to what is abomination unto you and what is, to God
(i.e. the screenshot clearly details these)

Leviticus 20:13 is Leviticus 18:22 and vice versa
Paul re-echoed them with 1 Timothy 1:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:9, because the problem which isnt about same sex relationships with fidelity
but something else reared its head with the Gentile

There is a strong common thread through Leviticus 20:13, 1 Timothy 1:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:9 and it ties them together
but it eludes you

It isnt what you think and learned it to be.
First step, will be, to review
1 Timothy 1:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:9, are look into what "malakois" and "arsenokoites" really means,
then the epiphany of what the "the detestable customs that were practiced" in Leviticus 20:13, 1 Timothy 1:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:9 were, will occur.

It is an insufferable practice and that's why God is reprehensive about the detestable custom being practised

It's only ONE reason that this sexual sin, that this sexual immorality is condemned as committing abomination unto God
but sexual sins or sexual immoralities like
, adultery in Leviticus 20:10, incest in Leviticus 20:11-14 or bestiality in Leviticus 20:15,
escape the mention to be condemned as committing abomination unto God
Totally wrong and misleading! Romans 1:27 and Wisdom 14:26 blows your argument out of the water. [Sexual] immorality is the underlying factor that made these acts condemnable. You are trying to make it about their superficial attributes and perceptions like "abomination" "shameful" "disgusting" "pervasive" "detestable".... a mind exercise which I am willing to indulge you in, but not without making it categorically clear to you that Scripture condemns all acts of sexual immorality, especially the "unnatural" act of homosexuality.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - "Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a man can commit is outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body."

1 Corinthians 6:13 - "The body is not intended for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body."

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Like I said, you wanted me to use "accept", instead of "condone" that was my deliberate choice.
I accepted to switch for the sake of accomodating you
and besides, it wouldnt make any difference to me, as I have enough room to swing a cat,
Using "accept" wouldnt put me in a straight jacket, and since it wouldnt restrict my moving, it makes no difference to me switching to what you prefer

Remember my question was, do you condone or condemn.
Or is it a case you neither condone nor condemn
If I recall clearly, I think your response was a reply in the manner of: "I condemn"
I was essentially telling you it's homophobic of you to include the word "condone" in the options. It seems you didn't quite get it and you're tripling down on that. Only bigots come off that way. Although I don't see you that way (yet), but I'm surprised you are using these mental gymnastics to defend it.

I actually meant human hermaphroditism, as in intersex
and not merely or plainly hermaphroditism

Without a doubt, with intersex, there is a glaring fault, that isnt the norm nor part of what a perfect world order is or should be.
Now, you didnt refute, when I alluded that the gist of your explanation, seems to say, you cant sin a fault until it becomes an action
You actually was elated over the observantion, so and because of that, my inquiry question or next line of questioning is.
1/ What sexual attraction to, should human hermaphrodites have?
2/ Is intersex a violation of divine and natural law or not?
3/ You declared homosexual act has an act intended to arouse or stimulate a sexual response regarding a person of the same sex and so condemned. What is your position with intersexes?

1,2&3. First of all, sexual attraction should go with biology. That said, God created humanity and its pattern of sexual distinction. When anomalies occur, there is danger that those who suffer these conditions will be psychologically and sexually abused. So, more education continues to be needed to understand that hermaphroditism is a matter of unfinished sexual development.

The ultimate question of which sex is properly identifiable in a given case is left to the medical specialist. People have the right to have the inconsistencies of their sexual anatomies corrected by plastic surgery and/or pharmacological therapy. In true hermaphroditism, where sexual variables may be totally equivocal, the individual, or in the case of infants, the parents in consultation with the medical specialist, may decide the sex toward which the correction will be sought. In the relatively more common case of pseudohermaphroditism, where one sex is identifiable as predominately predetermined, the corrective measures must be in the direction of the predominate sex determined.

It's important to note that an Intersex person is not a Transexual person. The most agreed upon definition of a Transexual person is someone whose "psychological identity" is at variance with their innate biology. This means that a fully normal and biological male views himself as being a female. The Church INTENTIONALLY remained silence concerning this issue of intersex, especially that of true hermaphroditism, where sexual variables may be totally equivocal means that there is not a certainty that one can make a general rule. Therefore, one does not legislate until one has moral certainty on an issue. On those things which the church remains officially silent, one then must resort to one’s own conscience, laws governing similar situations, and the advice of a spiritual director to determine the morality of such an issue. All laws must reflect the Church’s purpose, the salvation of souls.
But to use some excuse that doesn't meet up to this threshold to justify homosexuality would be immoral coupled with its underlying issue of dishonesty.

"The most Christian response of all is to understand and accept those grappling with this enigmatic and vexing cross, one that only very few of us have had to carry." - William Van Ornum

"Greed, covetousness, and lust are improper homo and heterosexual desires and/or faults
that when acted upon not only leads to prostitution, adultery, fornication, lewdness, promiscuity etcetera
but equally is at a detriment to, betrayal of or cheating on another or other person(s) whom love, faithfulness, commitment, honesty, lasting that's life-long and loyalty was professed to whilst in a relationship, that's same sex or otherwise
"
- MuttleyLaff ©

You do realise that the content of that section post that you did "Gbam!" to is, reproduced above, talked about same sex or otherwise?
Yes I did realize that. One should be faithful in every relationship regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race or what have you.

Even if you are in an immoral relationship, cheating is still cheating and wrong, right?

You reminded me, serving as a caveat, knowing fully well that what you're about dishinhg out was not necessarily going to be based on fact or informed knowledge
Wrong! My opinion was well informed and I highlighted that.

How was I to know your opinions would be without factual stuffs
You probably thought I was as naive (mildly put) as you. smiley I have the fact to spew but you asked for opinion and you still didn't get anything different because my opinion is well aligned with the objective truth. I guess you didn't get the answer you expected and you dishonestly switched. wink

Dont you see the incongruency in your "This is an opinion formulated due to my reliance/faith on an objective source" statement?

Upon reading that, it is right for me to say:
Instead of doing opinion(s), rather do JUST fact(s) and truth(s) formulated due to a reliance and/or faith on the recognised objective source
There's no incongruency in my statement. I corrected the incongruency in your own statement. You are shooting yourself in the foot in the name of doubling down. You already have my answer/correction to your statement.

You read about how Jesus, trampled on cultural norms and beliefs, turning them on their head to the chagrin of the Pharisees
Mark 7:7-8 and Matthew 15:9 are instructive in letting us know how damaging human rules taught as though they were God's laws is
Sure. You said cultural norms and beliefs, right?

The core message of the Good News is LOVE
and that there is no longer male and female, for all, are one in Christ Jesus
You quoted a passage which I explained to you. Don't employ a moving the goalposts fallacy.

Gbam, God is Love, so be perfect like God
It is not about WHO you love, but about HOW you love, 9inches.
Right on point! I can't agree more. Even the bible made it clear HOW we should love.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Wow, I never perceived you being Catholic
Many of the so-called truths you, others and I were raised with and forced to believe, are not truths at all.
I rather go with bible teaching, because of the simple truth & fact that, there's a fail-safe guarantee of never going wrong with bible teachings
We both agree on the bible is a fail-safe guarantee, except you haven't realized the bible came from "the Church". By virtue of me being part of "the Church", I have the privilege of a more holistic knowledge of the Word of God than the bible itself alone can offer you. This implies you are more at risk of misinterpreting the Word of God because you don't have any backup information.

I'm assuming you know that Timothy (ordained bishop of Ephesus by Paul) and Titus (ordained bishop of Crete by Paul) were two of Apostle Paul's companions and disciples (assistants). But have you heard about Irenaeus (bishop of Lyons) who was a student of Polycarp? And Polycarp (ordained bishop of Smyrna by Apostle John)? Have you heard anything they taught or wrote? Do you know any of the early Christians apart from the apostles, and what they believed, taught or wrote? Have you studied the church (Christian) history from the time of Christ as recorded in the bible to present day? Or did you just pick the bible without giving a good thought where it came from and how it came to you? These are the questions you should answer to yourself IF YOU ARE A TRUTH SEEKER. You are an adult, don't be afraid to challenge your beliefs with these vital questions. You have nothing to lose by researching them, but everything to gain in terms of knowledge. If you seek the Truth, you'll find it, right?

Old ways, wont open new doors, so travel places.
Be mindful that travelling is fatal to conviction(s), prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness
Close some doors though, not because of pride, incapability or arrogance,
but simply because they lead you nowhere
Truth/objectivity does not get old. It does not change, not even by travelling or new experiences. Travelling and/or acquiring new experiences widens one's scope and challenges one's conviction, which is a great thing; it's reassuring if you have the Truth and fatal if you don't! Truth is remains the same everywhere you go! Pride, incapability or arrogance as you mentioned are merely symptoms of an insecure mind that lacks the Truth/objectivity.
Like I do, travel visiting many good books, but live in the Bible.
I live in the Church because I'm a part of it. The bible lives with me.

1. The Church is The Body of Christ - Rom 12:5; Col 1:24
2. Christ is the head of The Body (The Church) - Col 1:18
3. I'm an individual part of The Body (The Church) - 1 Cor 12:27; Rom 12:5
4. The Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth!!! shocked - 1 Tim 3:15

Reflection: Are you a part of the Church according to 1 Corinthians 12:27 or are you independent (outside) of the Church like Martin Luther?

• Adam & Eve in Eden, fast forward to Matthew 16:18 and Acts 2:41
• Roman Emperors Constantine and Licinius' Edict of Milan in AD 313 which established a policy of religious freedom for all.
(i.e. a proclamation that permanently legalised Christianity in the Roman Empire)
• Christianity becoming the official religion of the Roman Empire.
• the sell-out and/or shady deal(s)(e.g. "Church" and State collaboration under Constantine)
• The regularisation and formation of the Roman Catholic Church (i.e. RCC)
Roman Empire's adoption of RCC as "official" church during Constantine's reign
• The supremacy of the Roman bishop (i.e. the papacy) created/aided with the support of the Roman emperors (i.e. Constantine and his successors)
Constantine calling the First Council of Nicaea in AD 325, in an attempt to unify Christianity when doctrinal disputes arose
(e.g. Arianism, doctrines named after Arius, a teacher in the early 4th century A.D) and presiding over this first ecumenical church council
• the exploits of the apostles, all charged up in their faith, preaching the Gospel and like Jesus willing to die horrible deaths because of it.
The apostolic period (i.e. including The "patristic writings'') - about contemporaries of the apostles like Linus, mentioned in 2 Timothy 4:21, and who became the bishop of Rome after Peter was martyred
the ante-Nicene (i.e. before Nicaea) period - about the likes of Ignatius and his "ekklesia katholicos" phrase, he was a disciple of the apostle John
• the post-Nicene "church" period - about the likes of Augustine, bishop of Hippo, who is often called the father of the [Roman Catholic] Church because of his great work in Church doctrine
• The term "Roman Catholic" defined by Emperor Theodosius on February 27th, 380 in the Theodosian Code.
In that document, he referred to those who hold to the "religion which was delivered to the Romans by the divine Apostle Peter"
as "Roman Catholic Christians" and gave them the official sanction of the empire
the first canon (i.e. Muratorian Canon), the progressive acceptance of other books as canonical and have them make up the 66 books of the bible
The fall of the Roman Empire in AD 476 and the rise of the Roman Catholic Church
• the Pontifex Maximus; the highest office in the state religion of ancient Rome and at the collapse of the Roman Empire, RCC popes taking on this title that had previously belonged to the Roman emperors
• the tragic compromise of believers with the introduction of pagan religions and assimilation of paganism influences
(i.e. the Romanization and paganization of Christianity and the "Christianization" of pagan beliefs)
• Apostolic succession and Pope Gregory in AD 590, upon assuming office denying any responsibility or support for any ambition to the throne of Peter
• "Church" and State fully merged as the Holy Roman Empire
• Subsequent popes exercising authority over kings and emperors, taking on imperial powers along with ecclesiastical authority (e.g. St Leo III)
• the Filioque clause/Filioque controversy and/or The Great Schism
John Wycliffe of England, John Huss of Czechoslovakia, and John of Wessel in Germany
• Protestant Reformation; division between the Catholic Church and Protestantism over interpretation of Biblical Testaments.
The Edict of Worms (i.e. the Holy Roman Empire, Charles V and the Pope banning all writings of Martin Luther and labelling him a heretic and enemy of the state) etc
Calvinism (i.e. named after French reformer and theologian John Calvin, he was Martin Luther's successor during the Protestant Reformation)
• The Edict of Nantes, The Edict of Restitution.
King Henry VIII taking over jurisdiction of the Church, after kicking RCC out of England.
Various political and ulterior motives
(e.g. translators forbidden by King James' official order from replacing the Greek word "ekklesia" with "congregation" (i.e. the true interpretation)
Compare Psalms 22:22 with Hebrews 2:12 for more details on this, bibles translated to fit the politics or traditions of men etc)
• Evangelicalism, Revivalism, Pentecostalism, Christian science, the Charismatic Movement, Mormonism/the Latter Day Saint movement, Word of Faith movement etc
Institutional/organised church(es); licensed or incorporated as businesses/charities etc (i.e. to gain non-profit tax-exempt status)
Church(es) under the jurisdiction of man (e.g. unincorporated charities/church(es), unregistered/registered church(es) etc)
• details of corrupted teachings or doctrines.
• Etcetera, etcetera

1st century AD - ekklēsia founded on the teachings of Jesus
2nd century AD - Christians already denouncing teachings seen as heresies, e.g Gnosticism, Montanism etc
4th century AD - ekklēsia transformed, church evolves, finally legalized and then promoted by Emperors Constantine and Theodosius I as the state church of the Roman Empire
11th century AD - Church within the Roman Empire excommunicated each other - West (i.e. Rome) and the East (i.e. Constantinople, Jerusalem, Antioch, and Alexandria) officially excluded each other
16th century AD - Lutheran Church was founded by Martin Luther
16th century AD - Protestant Reformation
16th century AD - The Presbyterian denomination began by John Knox who was dissatisfied with Anglicanism
16th century AD - Anglicanism (i.e. Church of England) founded by King Henry VIII
17th century AD - The Baptist church launched by John Smyth in Amsterdam, Holland.
18th century AD - The Methodist church launched by John and Charles Wesley in England
18th century AD - The Salvation Army launched by William Booth, who quit the Anglicans, and then the Methodists to set up his own version of Christianity.
19th century AD - The Jehovah's Witness Church developed by Charles Russell.
19th century AD - The Christian Scientist religion began by Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy, centered around an outright denial of Original Sin and its effects
19th century AD - Ballinger Booth, the son of William Booth, quit The Salvation Army and started his own church
19th century AD to date - The Seventh-Day Adventists, Apostolic Faith, Foursquare Apostolic Church, K&C, CAC, CCC, RCCG, MFM, Winners Chapel, KICC, BLW/Christ Embassy, SCOAN,
and various other Pentecostal Churches etc are among the hundreds of new churches founded by men within the past 200 years or so.

Pardon me digressing a "little" with that bit
Cool. That's a good history overview. Glad you know that. Now let's do the Early Christian writers' (Church Fathers) part:

1. Paul of Tarsus, "Apostle to the Gentiles", earliest New Testament author 45~65
2. Four Evangelists, traditionally identified as the authors of the canonical gospels 60~125
3. Ignatius, bishop of Antioch, apostolic father 68~107
4. Clement of Rome, bishop of Rome, apostolic father 88~101
5. Papias, bishop of Hierapolis, apostolic father 110~130
6. Polycarp of Smyrna, bishop of Smyrna, apostolic father 110~160
7. Justin Martyr, church father ~165
8. Melito of Sardis, bishop of Sardis, ~180
9. Irenaeus, bishop of Lyon, disciple of Polycarp, apologist 180~202
10. Origen of Alexandria, 185~254
11. Tatian, pupil of Justin Martyr, ascetic theologian ~185
12. Athenagoras of Athens, philosopher, apologist ~190
13. Polycrates, bishop of Ephesus ~196
14. Montanus, self-proclaimed prophet and founder of Montanism, last quarter of 2nd century CE
15. Tertullian, church father, apologist, first Christian writer in Latin, later a Montanist 197~230
16. Hippolytus, church father, died a martyr 217~236
17. Cyprian, bishop of Carthage, martyr 218~258
18. Clement of Alexandria, church father with gnostic sympathies ~220
19. Novatian, a rigorist and Antipope in 251
20. Dionysius, patriarch of Alexandria, pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church 248~264
21. Paul of Samosata, bishop of Antioch, adoptionist, condemned at 269 Council of Antioch for Christological errors
22. Donatus Magnus, bishop of Carthage, (+355), leader of the Donatists from 313
23. Lactantius, apologist, "Christian Cicero" ~317
24. Arnobius, apologist ~330
25. Eusebius, wrote History of the Church ~325 after the victory of Constantine over paganism and is considered the Christian Herodotus, the first major Church historian.

It's James Burgh who said:
"You need not tell all the truth, unless to those who have a right to know it all"

What comes easy won't last, what lasts won't come easy.
The thing about the truth is, not a lot of people can handle it.

Review the over-the-bar "Sexual Immorality" response you gave.
After I've already stated that Leviticus 20:10-16, is a variety of sexual sins or sexual immorality acts,
you unashamedly still went to blurt out "Sexual Immorality"
Nothing spoilt, let's touch on it, next below
Ok. cry

9inches, there a western part of the country colloquial, that says:
"Ti ogun eni ba daniloju, a ma nfi gba ori"
which loosely translated means:
"When you have confidence in your charm, you can knack or smack it on head, safely and without having any problem"

If I can break coconut with my head, the word "abomination" is soft work.
Meet me below, for the continuation of this matter about Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
and the controversial Leviticus 20:13, that's inside Leviticus 20:10-16
Ok cry

Nope. Fa-fa-foul, as there is more to that, than meets the eye.
We see adultery is in there, as sexual immorality. Incest is in there, as sexual immorality.
Bestiality is in there, as sexual immorality. Leviticus 20:13 is in there, as sexual immorality.

Each and all of them are sexual sins or sexual immorality acts, that we both accept to be and agree on
BUT, here are two linchpins why 9inches?
1/ What makes or made Leviticus 20:13 stand or stick out like a sore thumb,
to be the ONLY one, flagged, among all the other sexual immorality acts to be the ONLY one said to be committing abomination?
2/ What's the knowledge, fact, truth, wisdom, logic, philosophy and theology
behind why, in this context, adultery in Leviticus 20:10, incest in Leviticus 20:11-14 or bestiality in Leviticus 20:15,
is not considered being committing abomination but its Leviticus 20:13 only that does?

If them two, are reasonably & properly answered, we might get to move on, wade into deeper waters and get wet.
1. Take a look at attached pic below.

Leviticus 20:10-21 and Leviticus 18:6-23 both say the same thing - Sexual Immorality
Leviticus 18:24-30 -- "Do not defile yourselves by any of these practices, for by all these things the nations I am driving out before you have defiled themselves. Even the land has become defiled, so I am punishing it for its sin, and the land will vomit out its inhabitants. But you are to keep My statutes and ordinances, and you must not commit any of these abominations—neither your native-born nor the foreigner who lives among you.

For the men who were in the land before you committed all these abominations, and the land has become defiled. So if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it spewed out the nations before you. Therefore anyone who commits any of these abominations must be cut off from among his people.

You must keep My charge not to practice any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you, so that you do not defile yourselves by them. I am the LORD your God.”

2. Because the act homosexuality is different from others.

Leviticus 20:13 - abomination
Leviticus 18:22 - abomination
Romans 1:27 - unnatural lust, shameful, perversity
Wisdom 14:26 - unnatural lust
-------------------------------------
1 Timothy 1:10 - sodomy
1 Corinthians 6:9 - sodomy

Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

This has been addressed above
I wish I could keep up with your mental gymnastics, but at least you got the message - condone and accept are different terms.

Thank you for being open, honest, and direct

The question asked you was:
"What exactly, is the act of homosexuality, that you've openly declared saying you condemn?"
but you responded with a homosexual act that obviously includes different types of things (e.g. including outercourse)
In spite of that, the "broad act" response, is still appreciated

I respect you for openly declaring & saying, you condemn the "broad act" intended to arouse or stimulate a sexual response regarding a person of the same sex
You've legitimate rights to state the reason(s) for your condemnation,
and rightly so, based on your current ability in understanding or to understand others sexual attraction to people of their own gender.
Act of homosexuality = homosexual act. Basic English language usage.

1/ Do you accept and take comfort from the fact that, what's at hand, isn't a perfect world order, and that God knows that too

1. The impeccable Catechism of the Catholic church comes handy!
a) God created the universe “in a state of journeying toward an ultimate perfection yet to be attained” (ccc 302).
b) We refer to this intentional path to which God placed his creation as Divine Providence. Divine Providence can be defined as “the dispositions by which God guides his creation toward this perfection” (ccc 302).
c) God entrusts people with the responsibility of “subduing” the earth and having dominion over it (ccc 307).
d) God intended that we humans, the best of his creation, would help complete the work of creation. Though often unconscious collaborators with God’s will, we can also enter deliberately into the divine plan by our actions, prayers and sufferings. (ccc 307).

If your next question is "if God, the Creator of all things, cares for all his creatures, why did he create a world with evil?"

e) God freely willed to create a world ‘in a state of journeying’ towards its ultimate perfection” (ccc 310).
f) As intelligent and free creatures, both angels and human beings have to journey toward their ultimate destinies “by their free choice and preferential love” (ccc 311).
g) However, when “they … go astray” (ccc 311) and choose a path contrary to accomplishing God’s will, evil occurs.
h) although “God is in no way, directly or indirectly, the cause of moral evil,” he permits it because he respects the freedom of his creatures and, mysteriously, “knows how to derive good from it” (ccc 311).
i) One primary example is, what the Catechism describes as “the greatest moral evil ever committed” (ccc 312).
j)This is ”the rejection and murder of God’s only Son,” caused by the sins of all humanity. The Catechism continues: “God, by his grace … brought the greatest of goods: the glorification of Christ and our redemption. But for all that, evil never becomes a good” (ccc 312).
k) Only at the end, when our partial knowledge ceases, when we see God ‘face to face,’ will we fully know the ways by which – even through the dramas of evil and sin – God has guided his creation” (ccc 314).

2/ Now just for a form of a tip of an ice-berg situation, you are familiar with hermaphrodism right? Hmm?
2. Yes, I'm familiar with hermaphroditism.

The gist of your explanation, is that you cant sin a fault until it becomes an action

Greed, covetousness, and lust are improper homo and heterosexual desires and/or faults
but equally is at a detriment to, betrayal of or cheating on another or other person(s) whom love, faithfulness, commitment, honesty, lasting that's life-long and loyalty was professed to whilst in a relationship, that's same sex or otherwise.
Gbam! Your head dey there.

Very impressive

This is too good to be true
I sense you take pride in your convictions
I do for sure.

No, I didnt, I was nowhere, essentially, asking for your opinion

"You raised your head above the parapet, so I'll extend the question to you too,
do you condone or condemn consenting adults honest, lasting and loyal same sex relationship?
Or you neither condone nor condemn consenting adults honest, lasting and loyal same sex relationship?
"
https://www.nairaland.com/4555433/members-being-forced-out-church#68498605
- MuttleyLaff ©

9inches, when I extended the above inverted commas question(s) to you
I was expecting you to reply and respond back with fact(s) and not opinion(s)

I would have asked for your two cents, if that's what I wanted to hear or needed
but it wouldnt be good enough.
Why? Because opinion expresses someone's belief, feeling, view, idea or judgment about something
Facts, on the other hand, are statements that can be shown to be true or can be proved, or something that really happened.
Give me facts, next time, except when I ask for opinions or take
You lied. Let's troubleshoot and see where the issue is.

9inches:
....he's not the source of moral law. The question you should ask is does God "condone or condemn consenting adults honest, lasting and loyal same sex relationship?"
MuttleyLaff:

No one said he was the source of moral law.

....so I'll extend the question to you too,
do you condone or condemn consenting adults honest, lasting and loyal same sex relationship?
Or you neither condone nor condemn consenting adults "condone or condemn consenting adults honest, lasting and loyal same sex relationship?"
9inches:

Although my subjective opinion matters not on this issue, I'm going to answer nonetheless.
You approved!
MuttleyLaff:
That's the spirit. Take the bull by the horns
I reminded you
9inches:
Disclaimer tongue : This is an opinion formulated due to my reliance/faith on an objective source. I sincerely do not know what my real opinion would be if separated from this source.

And then you decided to switch!
MuttleyLaff:
Instead of doing opinion(s), rather do JUST fact(s) and truth(s) formulated due to a reliance and/or faith on the recognised objective source

1. You sought my opinion and you accepted it.
2. Facts/truths are not formulated; they exist as objective source on their own. We only formulate opinions based on them. Our opinions can either align or not align with them.

MuttleyLaff:
Totally true, cant agree more
The confines are man made restrictions and traditions of men.
Barriers that we over time set up in our world,
teaching human rules as though they were God's.
Wrong! The confines are not man-made. The scriptures you quoted are part of the confines. Man is free to alter or change mode of propagation due to culture or period in time, but he cannot go beyond the confines or 'push boundary' as the liberal progressives call it.

26For you are all childrenm of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes.
28There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female.
For you are all one in Christ Jesus.

- Galatians 3:26-28

Yes ooo. The core message is LOVE
Apart from Galatians 3:26-28, 9inches, please also read the whole Matthew chapter 5
It is not WHO you love, but HOW you love
The passage isn't talking about love. It's talking about what Faith (in Christ) has brought us. Apostle Paul was basically explaining to the Galatians (who are Gentiles) that since faith (Christianity) has come, they are no longer under the old Mosaic law (Verse 23-25). That they have received the promised Spirit by faith and have now become, as Paul says in Verse 3:29, Abraham’s descendant and heirs according to the promise - "that the blessing of Abraham might be extended to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Verse 14).

But how can I curse those whom God has not cursed?
How can I condemn those whom the LORD has not condemned?

- Numbers 23:8

Numbers 23:8 succinctly buttresses this section, especially when what's at hand, isn't a perfect world order.
Thankfully, God knows about this too
We both agree on on that. But mind you, there's difference between "God knows" and "God condones." God knows there is sin but he does not condone sin; he calls us to perfection. Refer to (1)(a) & (g) above.

Even Matthew 5, which you asked me to read, it says in Verse 48 "So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (of 105 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.