Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,858 members, 7,866,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:46 PM

9inches's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9inches's Profile / 9inches's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (of 105 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Genevieve Nnaji Looks Flawless In New Photo by 9inches(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
Fine wine. I wanna wink
Nairaland / General / Re: Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS by 9inches(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
Played all. 2-time Canter (table soccer) champion in my area, mid to late 90's.
Romance / Re: Busty Lady Explains Why She Always Wears Cleavage-Baring Outfits (Photo) by 9inches(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
What she needs is help. At least she is open with her issue. It's left for people who care for her to help her with counselling.
Politics / Re: Anambra Government Bans Churches From Holding Services In Public Schools by 9inches(m): 6:03am On Oct 21, 2018
HigherEd:

Which theology degree did Paul have before entering christian ministry?.. Don't get me wrong pastors have to learn before entering ministerial assignment but how they learn it varies from ministeries to ministeries... Also the content of curriculum would also cause conflicts as many ministeries differ in their interpretation of scriptures.
Does the Word of God vary? Why should there be different interpretation for different sects?
Religion / Re: I Went To A Catholic Church by 9inches(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kennyprince:
To waste your time arguing about which church is good or not is another vanity. If i have that kind of time, i will use it use it on sth less spiritual. how much more do we even know this GOD and his mind.
You don't care to know Him, do you?
Religion / Re: I Went To A Catholic Church by 9inches(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
frbona:
I'll rather convert to Islam than join a brain washing sect.

Same here.

1 Like

Literature / Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It by 9inches(m): 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
mrtomola:
True talk, especially from Igbo side. I beg i wan marry my Uju without stress of paying bride price in Dollar$ grin
Make I no see your leg cross Head Bridge Onitsha with your poor yansh.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: [PHOTOS] Rapper Wale Breaks Down On Instagram In Apparent Depression by 9inches(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hmm.. Make he no go commit suicide o. Happens when you don't understand the MEANING of life; living for something bigger than you. The more secular and out of touch with God the world becomes, the more of this kind of issues we see. We waste our life away chasing vain things without considering the most important aspect of life - THE PURPOSE for which we live for.
Celebrities / Re: Emma Nyra Gives Birth To Twins Alexandría & Alexander After 36 Hours Of Labor by 9inches(m): 4:19am On Aug 13, 2018
Who is the father, is she married?
Celebrities / Re: Regina Askia Slays In One-Piece Swimwear (Photos) by 9inches(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hian! Wetin pesin no go take eye see for dis Naijiriyan womens. Odikwa egwu angry
Foreign Affairs / Re: Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying by 9inches(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2018
I think she should go to jail for being Labor. Wrong party.
Foreign Affairs / Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 9inches(m): 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

Intelligence wise you sound below a circus monkey, to think everyone in this country earns a 7 bucks per hour wage. Dude are you high on your pubic hair to even compare your short, bitter and brutish life to a college graduate working a fortune 500 block.

I don't even care if you rob a bank for living, you still stuck in your hellhole of insecurity, ritual killings and all the Ills bedevilling y'all in your space.

slowpoke my folks were given birth here by Nigerian immigrants, so save your sermon of idiocy for your fellow slowpoke with the IQ of a doorknob.

May your half polar-bear-gnawed-limbs be frozen in the icy plains of Siberia!

May giant juvenile crabs have their first feeding frenzy on your scrotum!
TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by 9inches(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
troublemakea:

grew up in US and all through the process you were not taught how to for once mind your mf business bastard son of a thousand father

I dont have to leave my home land to a land where it ain't mine i'm one of the fortunate young promising business mogul who's a solid mineral dealer and own a cute ride at 22. but you I do know your dicked down top 10 best LovePeddler mother gathered money to send you abroad to study and on the process a begger decided to help your broke ass to get a 9inches phone to yell your misfortune on my mention

we ain't mate nigga getting a $7/hr job and feeling like you'd have succeeded in life only make you mf certified slowpoke. now get dicked down to mf asshole you crawled from and stop identifying among humans. paedophile
Put some respek on ma name, nigguh.
Crime / Re: Kidnapper Nabbed While Trying To Collect N300K Ransom After Receiving N1.3M.PICS by 9inches(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018
OneCorner:
Afonja kidnaping us
Nnaa park for OneCorner before I kipnad you.
Religion / Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Why then does your tradition tend to oppose what is written in God's Word?

What tradition? Name one. Let's take it from there.

1 Like

Crime / Re: Chuck Ozulumba Drowns During Excursion In Canada by 9inches(m): 6:35am On Jul 12, 2018
Another negative news from Wilfrid Laurier Uni. He no suppose study for Waterloo campus. Dat "Waterloo" name sef na bad omen.

RIP to nwannaa m Chuck. We will meet in heaven insha Allah.
Religion / Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 6:13am On Jul 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Is that the retired Pope depicted above? undecided
Ubenedictus:
Luther 95 thesis was not about the deity, death and resurrection of Jesus in fact Catholics believe all those basic points, Catholics were the ones who defined all those basic points.

infact Luther believed the Catholic creed and believed Catholics were Christians, unlike you.
Religion / Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Who is Ben? undecided
Benedictus
Religion / Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

That is the main issue. The RCC represented by the pope does not preach the gospel especially when he had the opportunity to do so in the US Congress he was preaching humanist issues.
Stick your previous argument with Ben.
Celebrities / Re: Essence Uwale Okoro Celebrates Her 40th Birthday (Photos) by 9inches(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Wicked aunty

Even small cleavage, u nor fit show us undecided
Very stingy.
Sports / Re: Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview by 9inches(m): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2018
Omo naija. Proud of his roots.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 9:19am On Jul 11, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

The pope had the opportunity to preach the gospel to the US congress when he last visited, did he preach the gospel? No.
You are derailing man. You argue like liberals who do not stick to a point when their argument is failing them.
Religion / Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by 9inches(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

As long as you agree that was one of the reason Martin Luther protested.
By "that" you mean?
Religion / Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

They were about how true and heavenly the Roman catholic dogmas were and that the pope was father of all. undecided
Like I said, I know what tge thesis says, but that's not the argument you were making. That's a diversion from what you argued previously with Benedictus - that if the Catholic Church had been teaching that Martin Luther would not have written his thesis.
Religion / Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 7:51am On Jul 10, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Here are his 95 theses and what they were all about.

https://www.gotquestions.org/95-theses.html
I know Luther's 95 thesis and I know what they were all about.
Celebrities / Re: White Man Blocks His Ears As Davido Performs At Wireless Festival In U.K by 9inches(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
White boy no wan hear noise. Sorry Mr. David O.
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ubenedictus:

this is semantics.

words take meanings that are different from their etymological sources, Church may be related to kirche in German and may simply mean gathering in a circle but the people of God has also used that same word with a different meaning I.e the gathering of Christians.

in meaning the Greek ekklesia is equivalent to the Latin ecclesiam and translated Church in English
Thank you for agreeing at last!
Romance / Re: 16 Key Peculiarities Of Dating An Independent Woman by 9inches(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nackzy:
An independent woman hardly respects her Man especially when she makes more money than the man
Not entirely true. Independent women don't respect fuckboys. They respect character and charisma. If you are more intelligent smarter, you will run her world.
Religion / Re: Phillip Frimpong Proposed To Carrisa Sharon Oyakhilome By Kneeling Down For Her by 9inches(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
Kenzico:
shocked Gawd!!!

That dude is so damn lucky!
No! The geh is gaddem lucky. angry
Religion / Re: Phillip Frimpong Biography: Meet Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband To Be by 9inches(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
Fukk up! It used to be brain drain, now it's coochie drain.

Ghana 1 - 0 Nigeria
Religion / Re: Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay by 9inches(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

You said word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia though.
Or are you going to deny that?

C'mon now, what do you plan to gain, from lying that you ever said "ekklesia and “church” mean and refer to the same thing"
You never said "ekklesia and church mean and refer to the same thing"
I don't deny what I say.
9inches:
I said ekklesia and church mean and refer to the same thing.
You see how bad a liar you are?

I am glad you accept and have admitted to typing that:"The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia"
which I immediately responded to, that you're wrong in saying "The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia"
as the wordchurchNEVER came from the Greek word ekklesia
I never denied what I said. Your mind is playing a fast one on you.

I had in detail shown you what the word, “church”, originally was known to be
I showed what the English wordchurchcame from

I showed you how the English word “church” on it's self, actually has pagan origins.
Showed that it has its derivation from the Old English word cir(i)ce, cyr(i)ce,
it is related to the Anglo Saxon word circay, it's related to the word kirk, in Scottish, related to the Latin word circus/circulous,
related to the Dutch word kerk, even related to the German word kirche.
I even, pointed out to you, that these words, all have associations, with "gathering in circles"

All these information gives some insight into Tyndales' understanding
Tyndale being aware of the sharp distinction between “church” and ekklesia
selected the word “church” to refer ONLY to buildings; and that is pagan temple(s) included
and used congregacion (i.e. congregation) to mean AND refer to "ekklesia"

I also showed you what the word, ekklesia is,
I showed why and how Jesus adopted the term ekklesis
I showed what the word, “church”, originally, used to mean.

I showed that the first Bible translation in English, has mentioned above, NEVER used, the word “church” for ekklesia
nor used the word “church” for any congregation of God's people
but the first Bible translation in English, rightfully used the word, “church”, ONLY for something else
That something else, clearly and without a doubt, was a temple for a gathering of pagans

Search the first bible translation to English, then share your finding
1/ Check to use how many times, the English word “church” was used or appeared in it
2/ Confirm what in reference to, was/were the number of times that the word “church” was used in it
I wasn't arguing about what it used to be known or understood as. The real meaning of a word or term does not change regardless of what people like Tyndale understood it to be.

The word "Church" (Latin ecclesia, from the Greek ek-ka-lein, to "call out of" ) means a convocation or an assembly. It designates the assemblies of the people, usually for a religious purpose. Ekklesia is used frequently in the Greek Old Testament for the assembly of the Chosen People before God, above all for their assembly on Mount Sinai where Israel received the Law and was established by God as his holy people.

By calling itself "Church," the first community of Christian believers recognized itself as heir to that assembly. In the Church, God is "calling together" his people from all the ends of the earth. The equivalent Greek term Kyriake, from which the English word Church and the German Kirche are derived, means "what belongs to the Lord."
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p1.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (of 105 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.