Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Dating A Broke Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Man (25168 Views)

10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? / Would You Date A Broke Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Man by tellwisdom: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
This gurl has been with me ever since, not until she effed up cos she requested fr some amount which i cldnt give,so i dropped her fr her bad behaviour........Now, money is coming like i was a P.A to finance minister

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Man by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
Dating A Broke Man

God forbid.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by Jencejyde(m): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

God forbid.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Dating A Broke Man by tellwisdom: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

God forbid.

Ok.....But u musnt be beggin too undecided undecided
Re: Dating A Broke Man by jennyb2: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
@OP! My sincere advice to u is to discontinue d relationship and first sort urself out and den d ladies will flock. trust me. nah! nah!! nah!!! i cant date a guy dats broke! but if u get broke after i met u fine i will keep faith and help work out things!
Re: Dating A Broke Man by digitite: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
A broke man + a financially secure lady = Award winning drama.

Better hustle to maintain and enact your dignity or one day you will wash her underwears for her with order.

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man by Nickyspice(f): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
1one: Why not just break up the relationship,and go fix urself...honestly i don't know why some of us guys act so funny(trust me I could have used another word in place of "funny"...it's just too early to start with those toxic words).
What is in a relationship that some of us just run into like a brakesless train(watch the movie unstoppable..u'll get a clearer picture).

You're a man,ur first responsibilty,ur first desire,ur first goal in life should not be a woman,it sd be in defining ur self,achieving ur life goals,being financially secure!!!....Before God brought Eve to Adam,Adam had a job(he was tendering the garden).

I don't even know what a man is doing in a relationship without a job,love is not about money,but money gives expression to love,u need money to properly express love

So dude,My advice is simple...tell her u want to let her go considering the fact that u don't have enough financial weight to bear her needs.

If she's yours,she'll stay and temper her lifestyle to suit ur present circumstance atleast till when u're more financially bouyant.
you are so on point!

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Man by ypzilanti: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
I keep saying this:

What a woman in love will be more interested in is that you spend your TIME with her...money comes a distant second.

If you are a man and argue with this statement, its unfortunate that you are being sucked by what is scientifically referred to as: nigerianous vampirous womanus (Nigerian Woman Vampire).

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man by Teejayphillip(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
shymmex: There's no ROMANCE without FINANCE!! cool

Whu say's oo......
Re: Dating A Broke Man by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
My boyfriend has a job dat doesn't pay much.. I work too, not a big job either. I don't, infact I have NEVER asked him for money. I know he has responsibilities, so I understand. I know it'll get better. If your girlfriend can't bear with u now u r not bouyant, you may have to let her go... When u hit it big, she (and so many others) will come flocking around...

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man by Pergrace: 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
tchidi: My boyfriend has a job dat doesn't pay much.. I work too, not a big job either. I don't, infact I have NEVER asked him for money. I know he has responsibilities, so I understand. I know it'll get better. If your girlfriend can't bear with u now u r not bouyant, you may have to let her go... When u hit it big, she (and so many others) will come flocking around...

Good point

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Man by Koolking(m): 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
ayox2003: Alright. Absence of money make relationships very challenging but this is the time your girl should know she has a Father. Boys and girls are guilty of this rot in our society. Boys always want to meet their girls need. Why? Honestly, we have made these things the threads that holds our relationship and its very bad. To the extent that when the guy is broke, he can't tell his partner and before u know it, he starts telling lies...and the beat goes on...inferiority complex...lack of trust...till they eventually part ways.

You're making things hard on yourself cos u're in 'broke-lyn'and u're still chilling with a girl who doesn't understand that u need sometime to really find things out.
Emotions does not cost money. Feelings, happiness and satisfaction that comes with loving someone doesn't cost you a dime. Therefore, if a relationship can't stand because of the absence of some measly bucks then it a business and u guys are just business partners.

Mind you, there is nothing like a broke guy/girl in a lovely relationship. Infact, I don't tag people as being broke. But that's me. Once partners are not pests, or business partners as it were, the relationship would thrive if they can both work hard.

Frawzey

+1000. . .I like what you wrote^. Well said my brother. It shows you are matured for a relationship. Thumbs up
Re: Dating A Broke Man by alaoeri: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
ayobase:

I thought there is always a woman behind every successful man!
The woman maybe the mother.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by titsandall: 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
poster you will just die of hypertension suddenly. if girl is behaving funny cos you dont have the dough to provide the way she wants let her go and focus on getting your act together. been there before and i have repeat always come out on top...when it works out all right ive moved on. so stop giving yourself a headache at least you have shown you would have done it if you have it. move on.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by chuksme(m): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
Tiwanna: my dear a girl that loves you will always stand by you in any circumstance you find yourself. if she cant do that, then she is just in the relationship for the money you spend on her and not love.

My sister you have said it all.If any girl treats you bad when you don't have money that girl is not for you. A girl that loves you will treat you good whether you have money or not. Love does not base on money alone.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by dasparrow: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
1one: Why not just break up the relationship,and go fix urself...honestly i don't know why some of us guys act so funny(trust me I could have used another word in place of "funny"...it's just too early to start with those toxic words).
What is in a relationship that some of us just run into like a brakesless train(watch the movie unstoppable..u'll get a clearer picture).

You're a man,ur first responsibilty,ur first desire,ur first goal in life should not be a woman,it sd be in defining ur self,achieving ur life goals,being financially secure!!!....Before God brought Eve to Adam,Adam had a job(he was tendering the garden).

I don't even know what a man is doing in a relationship without a job,love is not about money,but money gives expression to love,u need money to properly express love

So dude,My advice is simple...tell her u want to let her go considering the fact that u don't have enough financial weight to bear her needs.

If she's yours,she'll stay and temper her lifestyle to suit ur present circumstance atleast till when u're more financially bouyant.

Well said!
Re: Dating A Broke Man by Goldieluks: 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
tellwisdom: This gurl has been with me ever since, not until she effed up cos she requested fr some amount which i cldnt give,so i dropped her fr her bad behaviour........Now, money is coming like i was a P.A to finance minister

Do you jab?? tongue
Re: Dating A Broke Man by ginnyluv(f): 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
av dated a broke man, helped in the lil way i can, to b frank its hard cuz dere r sumtins u want but u no he cant be able to afford. sum of my friends laughed at me odas i couldnt tell how dried d pocket of my man is. he never forgets my bday though, he alsway makes sure he buys my gift n i dint care how lil it cost i take it like its d best tin av received. d rel was so strong he always wanted to mk me feel special, we prayed together sumtimes. later he got a job den the women wahala began.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Man by Sharexgold(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
Way far better to be financially secured before you venture into any relationship.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by martin92(m): 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
God forbid. 1st comment
Re: Dating A Broke Man by seedord247(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
I have been dating my sugar mommmmy for 2 yrs now and she has never ask me for anything. she pay all bills including my parking ticket. grin

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man by chuquiz(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
i will not throw verbal jibes at you,but an honest advice.Since you know how tough things are ,coupled with the fact that you are unemployed. why don't you do away with this lady so as to allow you concentrate on achieving something concrete for yourself. Getting a job should be more prime to you now than getting laid.you no dey university again oh!..Dont live a fake life my man, if she wont understand in plain English, gba wa door!.. enough said!
Re: Dating A Broke Man by emsquare(m): 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2012

On point!
Re: Dating A Broke Man by ChrisChino(m): 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
ginnyluv: av dated a broke man, helped in the lil way i can, to b frank its hard cuz dere r sumtins u want but u no he cant be able to afford. sum of my friends laughed at me odas i couldnt tell how dried d pocket of my man is. he never forgets my bday though, he alsway makes sure he buys my gift n i dint care how lil it cost i take it like its d best tin av received. d rel was so strong he always wanted to mk me feel special, we prayed together sumtimes. later he got a job den the women wahala began.
did u break up wit him or ur still together?
Re: Dating A Broke Man by LuvMercy(f): 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
didadavid: Where are the ladies?
we bam,gals need money just as guys need sex in the relationship,so everybody should meet up.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by blumail: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ Poster: Is your girlfriend asking you to do things for her or are you the one feeling compelled to maintain her? Maybe you started a maintenance culture that you can't keep up now. Why make promises you know you can't keep? Why expose yourself to such embarrassment? Anyways, if your girlfriend is a good person, she'll observe that you're financially slim now & she'll stand by you. If she's not considerate, then you most likely dont need such a woman in your life.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
i got in my first official, legal relationship during nysc, even talking marriage! my ex was already working and even had a MSc from the UK...we talked about getting a place and we were also talking about me getting a better paying job...with the military ( as if you just go to the military and get hired!) after nysc. Anyway, i'm not generalizing, but it didnt work out, cos my ego was in the way and i didn't see things working out financially in the short-term...she had a jeep, i didnt have a car at the time. so, we called it quits, cos i started acting funny and i needed an escape route which came. Anyway, i wasnt that broke, and i have good prospects, but most of the time, i really see financial status being in the way especially if you have a financially-conscious partner and a chauvinistic ego...it cant work out.
Re: Dating A Broke Man by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
GOT THIS FRoM SOMEWHERE
......Maybe God wants us to meet a
few wrong people before meeting
the right one so that when we finally
meet the right person, we will know
how to be grateful for that gift.

When the door of happiness closes,
another opens, but often times we look
so long at the closed door that we don't
see the one which has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you
can sit on a porch and swing with,
never say a word, and then walk away
feeling like it was the best
conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what we've
got until we lose it, but it's also true
that we don't know what we've been
missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love
is never an assurance that they'll love you back.
Don't expect love in return;
just wait for it to grow in their heart
but if it doesn't,
be content it grew in yours.

It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone,
an hour to like someone,
and a day to love someone,
but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
Go for someone who makes you smile
because it takes only a smile
to make a dark day seem bright.
Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life
when you miss someone so much
that you just want to pick them
from your dreams and hug them for real.

Dream what you want to dream;
go where you want to go;
be what you want to be,
because you have only one life
and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human,
enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes.
If you feel that it hurts you,
it probably hurts the other person, too.

The happiest of people
don't necessarily
have the best of everything;
they just make the most of everything
that comes along their way.

Love begins with a smile,
grows with a kiss
and ends with a tear.

The brightest future will always be based
on a forgotten past,
you can't go on well in life
until you let go of
your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and
everyone around you was smiling.
Live your life so that when you die,
you're the one who is smiling and
everyone around you is crying.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Man by conyema12(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ur relationship with her may have been built on a very weak foundation- money, flexing, clubbing, nkwobi etc. You wouldnt be having problems if you had built it on Trust, understanding and true love... My guy the best thing for you is to tell her ur condition, if she cant cope with it... Let her go, it will even offer you the opportunity to organize urself.

Its very unfortunate that most of our girls are too materialistic...what then is the purpose of romance if there is no real love.... Guy wise up.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Man by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
blumail: @ Poster: Is your girlfriend asking you to do things for her or are you the one feeling compelled to maintain her? Maybe you started a maintenance culture that you can't keep up now. Why make promises you know you can't keep? Why expose yourself to such embarrassment? Anyways, if your girlfriend is a good person, she'll observe that you're financially slim now & she'll stand by you. If she's not considerate, then you most likely dont need such a woman in your life.
me, i remember fueling the Exgf jeep and paying gate fees to elegushi and 3D cinema tickets after i hadnt been paid for 2 months during nysc and my ex was saying she liked how responsible i was even though i was broke...it was hilarious. anyway...experience naanii
Re: Dating A Broke Man by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
Luv Mercy: we bam,gals need money just as guys need sex in the relationship,so everybody should meet up.
hmmmm...another cockroach way of thinking.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tips For Talking To Women And Getting Their Attention! / What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? / Signs To Know You Have Over Used Your Single Status.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.